[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucking Garbage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: RCO001_1479959497.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO001_1479959497.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>Change Venom to Flash Thopson
>I'm not hyped but I give it a go
>I kinda of like the agent Venom design
>The story with Jack O-Lantern is decent
>They bring in Mania
>Fantastic
>They get rid of Mania and send Venom to space
>Here we go again...
>I keep reading hoping for new things
>It's by the numbers space adventure, nothing special at all
>Boom, they bring Mania back
>Uses his agent Venom costume again
>"This is it!"
>This...

Did they really think nobody has heard of The Darkness?! You edgy fucks, also you really not gonna finish that last story at least? I suppose you will tie up lose ends in the future right? Fuck off.

Seriously, just kill the character off. I'm done with it.

First comic I read was Maximum Carnage and I got into it because of Venom but you keep trying to reinvent him way too many times.

For anyone that's 12 though you should totally buy it.
>>
12 year olds haven't bought comics since the early 90s

Secondly, I'm glad you're mad....now you know how I felt about Flash Thompson and Mac Gargan

Thirdly, do we really need to have this thread again
>>
>>87918495
Mac Gargan was pure trash but Flash had a couple of good runs.

>Thirdly, do we really need to have this thread again
Yes
>>
File: 1459914595182.jpg (95KB, 445x500px) Image search: [Google]
1459914595182.jpg
95KB, 445x500px
At least it seems like MAYBE they are going to get rid of edgy mcedgeedge in a few issues. If they aren't?

Time to start writing my own Venom comics.
>>
>>87918350
To be fair, The Darkness has been over for a while now and Spawn just doesn't scratch that itch like it once did.
>>
>Wah why is Edge: Featuring Dante From The Devil May Cry Series edgy?
>>
>Mania
>fantastic
When did this meme start. Post-Remender Venom was pretty much universally agreed as being worse and focusing on too much on the whole magical part that was set-up in Circle of 4 . Mania was a a nice anchor to let Flash focus on being more than a depressed PTSD wreck but shit like that nobody reporter was boring as fuck
>>
>>87919937
You're an idiot.
>>
>>87920719
>implying Venom was anything other than edge before Remender
>implying OP isn't a newfag that jumped on board with Agent Venom
>>
>>87921154
>This character had a slightly different portrayal over 5 years ago
What a strong argument for shit writing.
>>
>>87919787

Not Important is going to be the main character until at least #4.

Of course by then most people will have dropped it and Marvel will blame the low sales on people just not being interested in Venom anymore.
>>
>>87921251
>implying I even read NuMalevel
>>
So basically...

>NOT MUH VENOM

All over again?

Look, let's just wait and see. I theorize that maybe the host could be really good if he learns how to be more good. Hell, maybe the symbiote will leave him for someone else.
>>
>>87921154
At this point saying something is "edge" or "edgy" is as useless as calling something "dumb" "gay" or "retarded" , you morons have ran the term into the ground to the point that it means nothing more than "THING I DONT LIKE"

Shut the fuck up
>>
>>87918350
>characterfags
>relevant opinions

only select one
>>
>>87918495
Flash was initially retarded, but he came into ti and made it a much more interesting run, and allowed for Eddie Brock to develop on is own.
>>
>>87918350

Venom was a book that was killed by events.

Look, I'll say this: I was totally hyped for Agent Venom. Even now, I still think it's the coolest concept ever - The idea of Flash Thompson being a kind of anti-Spiderman is fantastic. The first arc, with the Crime Master? That's great! That's the kind of story that made full use of the format. Flash, running black ops missions for the government while watching his social life crumble? Battling PTSD, alcoholism and self-loathing, as well as how he's only NOT crippled when he's Venom?

That's amazing. It was really gritty, he had a great powerset, and it actually made people like Kraven scary again - Because it was Flash who had to deal with them. Hell, you know the part where he sort of runs into a Spider-man storyline, and Peter has no idea what's going on? This is great. This is the kind of tension you want, in a plot.

The problem was that they squandered it. Spider-Island was terrible, Circle of Four was shit, and the Superior Spiderman killed the series. Suddenly, there was no point in being Spiderman's dark half, when Spiderman was his OWN dark side.

The thing is, Flash also worked best in his own little corner of the Marvel universe. When he started dating Valkyrie? Being best friends with the Mighty Avengers? The whole story crumbled.

I still think it's a great concept, and it's a crying shame how it was squandered. The set up with Project Rebirth 2.0 could have been milked for years, with Flash slowly spiralling into ever-darkening levels of self-hatred. There was so much story potential! But no, they had to toss it all out because of the ongoing character assassination of Spiderman.
>>
File: Toxins.png (1MB, 2331x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Toxins.png
1MB, 2331x1500px
>While Venom is getting fucked, Toxin and Carnage and living the dream on their own run

TIME TO RETIRE GRAMPS
>>
>Fake Venom gets his fingers back somehow without the symbiote on last page.

CRAP Art/Editor
>>
I like it. Sure its an edgy knock off of the Darkness. But its refreshing to see Venom in this light again.

The art is bad tho
>>
I was going to buy this because I've never read venom/spiderman and friends before. I saw it storytimed on here Wednesday morning and didn't even bother going to the lcs that day. What a shit week
>>
>>87924155
toxin has his own run?
>>
File: 1440628107432.png (49KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1440628107432.png
49KB, 1000x1000px
yo i haven't really kept up with spiderman stuff since i was a wee lad. What ever happened to Carnage? Venom's cool and all, but Carnage was the shit back in the day. and why isn't Venom cool anymore? I keep seeing him as a good guy. Is he really going the same route at the Hulk? going from badass rampaging monster to boring side character good guy?
>>
>liking Mania

I didn't even think of The Darkness but I'm fine with that being the basis for the new Venom.

Asshole characters can be fun in their own ways.
>>
>>87924155

>dead Pat
>Toxin living the dream
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.