[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you think of Steve Blum's Green Goblin /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0813.jpg (21KB, 200x228px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0813.jpg
21KB, 200x228px
What did you think of Steve Blum's Green Goblin /co/?
>>
Alright enough voice acting as far as I remember.
The only thing that irked me about the character was that annoying sound his pumpkin bombs made when they exploded.
>>
>>87885377
Pretty great. He really should voice him more often.
>>
Green starcream is okay.
>>
>>87885377
He grew on me. At first I thought he was too...Joker, I guess. But by the time he was speaking in rhyme for most of an episode, I was fully on board.

>>87885937
>The only thing that irked me about the character was that annoying sound his pumpkin bombs made when they exploded.

What? The screamsplosions were great!
>>
I see what they were going for... But I just found him super cringey. Like, "If we just get him to say a bunch of random words it'll make him seem super insane!" But instead it just made him really irritating. Trying to keep the "Mystery" of who he was alive in the final episodes just made it worse. Have him quoting shakespere and rhyming the whole episode because Harry is in a play, but knowing damn well the Goblin is Norman, they have him look to the viewers, wink and say, "I feel like rhyming today."
>>
He was a ton of fun. I´d say he was the best Spectacular Spiderman villain, with Venom and Doc Ock closing in.
I really enjoy how this Green Goblin acted more like the Hobogoblin and focused on forming his own criminal empire rather than just killing Spiderman, thinking of Spiderman as an obstacle that needed to be overcome.
His antics were a little rough around the edges at first, but he definitely grew on me pretty fast. I also liked the mystery; when I first saw the series I had no idea who they were gonna use as the Goblin, Harry or Norman. That's one of the greatest things about adaptations; they can introduce plot changes that still fit the original material.
>>
>>87887222
A lot of people fell for the old Harry gag.

Some even whined about how the show retconned it to Norman, even though there were clues throughout the series that Norman was always GG.
>>
>>87885377
Really, really good. Tied with Neil Ross for the best GG voice to date. I tend to hear him with more current comic incarnations of the Goblin, and Ross with the Lee/Ditko/Romita run.
>>
At the time? A revelation

I've gotten used to it after Starscream now, but when this show came out I was only aware of Blum's two voices, Spike and gruff Spike
>>
>>87887369
>Acted more like Hobgoblin

Spectacular's GG was heavily based on how he was in the Lee/Ditko run. He was a mysterious new contender in the criminal underworld who basically wanted to kill Spider-Man to prove himself to the mob bosses. He had a brief but epic war with Crime Master, and no one knew who the Goblin was. His vendetta with Spider-Man didn't really begin until #39, when he finally realized that his truest enemy was the web slinger.
>>
>>87887793
I haven´t read as many comics as I should, but I remember that on one of those issues the Green Goblin battled the Hulk, or fooled Spiderman into fighting the Hulk, or something like that?
>>
>>87887222
>"If we just get him to say a bunch of random words it'll make him seem super insane!
Literally never happened
>>
Did Blum also voice Norman or just the GobliN?
>>
>>87889081
Just the Goblin. The end credits would have spoiled all the mystery otherwise.

That didn't stop them from having Doc Ock's voice actor play the Master Planner, though.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.