[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

South Park

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: 57529672_p0_master1200.jpg (359KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
57529672_p0_master1200.jpg
359KB, 800x800px
Do you think they will use this dark week to regroup and figure out how to clean up this shitshow?
How are they meant to resolve all of the plot threads in the remaining 40 minutes?
>>
>another fucking dark week

FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>87876034
Maybe they should have thought of that before taking an hour to establish 3 sperate plot threads, and purposely decide not to have them cross each other at all.
Personally, I'm hoping for a cimatic duel between Garrison!Trump and Darth Chef.
>>
>>87877205
>Darth Chef
Oh ye of so much hope in the world.
>>
>>87877205
They had zombie non-darth chef in SOT, I wouldn't count on it
>>
We need more Creek so I can fap.
>>
Nothing can save this season.
>>
File: image.jpg (163KB, 730x957px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163KB, 730x957px
>>87878219
This is now a creek thread
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 678x802px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 678x802px
>>87880191
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 770x650px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 770x650px
>>87880210
>>
>>87880226
I sit like this with my platonic friend though
>>
>>87876034
They won't, at least not successfully. After episode three I had no hope for this season. Episode one could have been build-up and thus be less funny. But every episode has been boring with a few funny things. The last two episodes weren't funny at all.

The member berries could have been a funny episode, but it's incredibly boring as an arc. The boys vs girl could be funny if it wasn't so political and just regular a boy vs girl plot. They really should have done only one episode about the election.
>>
>>87880562
I had little hope for the season after around the 4th or 5th episode. There were a few things here and there that i thought were funny but the vast majority of this season seems totally content with doing the same joke and putting some small spin on it that doesnt justify the laziness of it.

After the last two episodes i just cant even be hopeful for these last couple they have left. I have no doubt that the season will either wrap up terribly with some things not even being addressed or resolved, or they'll just leave it on a cliff-hanger which would probably just make me pissed off. Instead of getting a resolution of any kind for this clusterfuck of a season they just leave us hanging knowing full well that this one was such an abortion they'd need to carry it on over to another.
>>
>>87881081
The main problem I have with the joke reuse is that there ISN'T any spin on it.

Arrested Development is a good example of how to do recurring joke humor properly - every time a joke was reused, it was done so in a different context that was either funny in its own right, or the joke was how absurd the situation was that managed to use the same punchline

SP is literally just doing "girls are smart and funny get over it" every episode and while I laughed at it in the premiere there's no humor to be found in it anymore
>>
>>87881256
That's why i said small spin, although to be more accurate it would probably be minuscule. Like the "Smart and funny" line. When Cartman said "You forgot to give her credit for being funny too". They're still almost entirely the same things and i dont see how people are still entertained by just how much this is being done with the same 4 or 5 recurring jokes the season is so heavily relying on.
>>
>>87881282
I had the same issues with season 18 and 19. In season 18 every episode had references to the previous episode as a joke, but they weren't funny they were just mentions of the previous joke. Season 19 had BUCKLE UP BUCKAROO and SHUT UP LESLIE. Those got more groans out of me than laughs.

This season really takes the cake. Almost all of Cartman's joke are related to Heidi being smart and funny or vaginas having balls. Member berries literally only have one joke.
>>
>>87881846
I can forgive the ones in season 19 because while it had a couple repeating jokes there was still plenty of new ones. Each episode had it's own theme and story to tell that tied into the season's overarching plot. Unlike this season that feels like one long continuous episode. This season is all set up with so little to offer outside of that, not even very good set up.
>>
I'm missing so much of the characters. At the start of the season I thought the girls were getting a plot but that has been very disappointing. Kenny hasn't had a single line and Stan is barely relevant. Last season ended with Kyle and Stan fighting and it really doesn't feel like they are back to being friends.

Why couldn't it be a plot of the boys trying to find the secret of the memberberries or the boys trying to go to Mars? Why this continuous plot of Gerald and Mr Garrison?
>>
The problem is their show is actually irrelevant since season 8.
>>
>>87882322
>it really doesn't feel like they are back to being friends.
It's been like this since the "everything is shit" episode
when was the last time they did anything together like pic related?
>>
>>87882322
>>87882460
That's not really the style of the show right now to tackle those kinds of episodes . Something else I think this season is a real detriment to. I just want to get back episodes centered around the boys. Stan and Kenny haven't done shit this season. Kyle hasn't done much either. It's all just part of why I think this might be among my least favorite seasons.
>>
>>87882530
It's a shame because after SOT I thought they were recovering - and I still think they were. I don't know if it's because they're burnt out from FBH or they're just dedicated to trying out this 'long episode season' format which is failing horribly (which could be a result of working on the game which is effectively just a long episode and wanting to try a story of that style on TV) but they've really shat the bed this season
>>
I don't give a shit about the presidental elections and I never have, but that doesn't mean I didn't find the old political episodes funny when they actually tried.

A whole season dedicated to it is trash. Hardly any jokes, they can't keep up with themselves on what story to do, we get it about the praising women, kenny and stan are so far in the background that no one would be able to tell they're supposed to be main characters if they started watching anywhere this season, and I'm fucking tired of the poor writing.

At this point I'm probably just going to drop it, there's no way to turn this into a big grand finale story for the actual finale, and what do you think will happen after this season? That they'll go back to episodic boy stories like they used to have? No, they don't go back to that, they're going to keep with some ongoing stories because apparently they think it's the way the show deserves to go out. From here on out we're not getting the old episode formula anymore. It's impossible to imagine a show that went from episodic stories to an ongoing plot come back down from that, they usually keep doing it until it all ends in a climactic way.
>>
>>87882741
At this point they are panicking and chopping off plot threads to make some sense of the buildup they had without cutting all momentum.
But man are they struggling.
>Garrison!Trump is expected to control foreign affairs in wholesale within a week of getting elected.
>Every other country is pointing their nukes at each other in fear of their history being seen, rather than pointing them at Denmark for threatening to do so.
>Not a single human is to be seen in the White House when the memes run over it.
I'm expecting them to annex the troll storyline by having Garrison!Trump order a bombing run on the TrollTrace headquarters, with Gerald and at least Francis escaping
>>
File: South.Park.full.582764.jpg (485KB, 600x748px) Image search: [Google]
South.Park.full.582764.jpg
485KB, 600x748px
The continuity won't matter a damn thing next season so there isn't a reason to care for it now. Randy isn't Lorde anymore, the SodaSopa is only there because of the FBW and I don't think we've seen it yet. The ads won't come back. The only thing that actually crossed over into this season is Garrison and Jenner because they didn't expect Trump would make it anywhere. Remember David? He has only shown up in the far background.
>>
File: IMG_0356.jpg (146KB, 1403x992px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0356.jpg
146KB, 1403x992px
So was there actually a short doc about the making of the post-election episode that aired before the last one? I thought I read that somewhere, but never heard of it again. Does anyone know? I'd actually be interested in seeing that.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.