[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: prince_of_egypt.jpg (127KB, 1069x800px) Image search: [Google]
prince_of_egypt.jpg
127KB, 1069x800px
Is this any good?
>>
>>87870895
Nah. The "God" character is a Mary Sue bitch, everybody worships it even though it could fix all the conflict in 1 second but doesn't.
>>
>>87870895
>Is this any good?

If you like Evangelical, Veggie-Tales tier Bible-thumbing bullshit, then yes.
>>
>>87870995
So bible stories aren't allowed to be appreciated for their story just because they're bible stories?

Seems kind of ridiculous, I love the tale of Jacob and the angel and I'm not even a practicing christian.
>>
>I SEND MY SCOURGE
>>
File: moses_river.jpg (20KB, 470x285px) Image search: [Google]
moses_river.jpg
20KB, 470x285px
>>87870895
Yes, it is very good.
>>
>>87870995
the bible made the pharaoh into an unloving dick, this movie actually gave him character and made god's actions very douchey.
>>
>>87870895
It's very good.
>>
>>87870895
One of the best.
>>
This movie is very good, and the music is great too. Rewatched it recently and it help up very well since when I was a kid
>>
the music is fantastic and it still holds up well
>>
>>87871440
>>87871461
I'm watching it right now and i'm not going to argue that the musical numbers are good, because they are, but I forget them almost immediately after hearing them.

Like, is that a bad thing? When the music is technically good but not memorable at all? I've pondered this for a long time but have never come to a satisfying conclusion.
>>
>>87871527
How can you possibly forget I SEND MY SCOURGE I SEND MY SWORD?
>>
>>87871615
to be fair I'm not there yet
>>
>>87870895
Yes, it's very good.
>>
>>87870895
it was very by some. WE did enjoy it and it WUZ good at the time. the KINGZ were rememberable AND SHIEET
>>
>>87870995
Hey, when you think about it, the Bible is a great novel.

New testament > Old testament tho
>>
>>87870895
Probably the best adaptation of the Exodus story we'll ever get. Also a great movie in it's own right.
>>
>>87870995
confirmed for never watching veggie tales. they stop just short of being ashamed of it.
>>87870895
it's a gooood movie. it's a somewhat lesser adaptation of the story, since they made a few .. creative choices. but they admitted it, it just made for a better movie. the one that comes most to mind is that moses spoke well while his brother Aaron was the stuttering jeff goldblum. In the bible it was the other way around, but it wouldnt be much of a movie to have every line repeated twice because he stuttered it to his brother who then spoke for him

and just to pre-empt the same fucking argument, hardening his heart means god refused to let the pharaoh be terrorized into conceding. That's the only way that it's fair to use magic powers to force someone to do shit, by using a different magic to force them not to be forced. fucking.. consent spell. that's what he got hit with, basically.
>>
>>87871074
>I love the tale of Jacob and the angel
or, yknow, jew. because yeah
That story is fucking badass. jacob basically wrestles god, or his proxy, to a standstill.. and only loses when his opponent plays kinda dirty pool and jabs him in the hip socket
then he got his name changed to "wrestles with god" and his people never stopped doing just that. also they stopped eating the meat around the hip-socket in his honor (it requires too much work to get the big thick nerves and blood vessels out anyway)
>>
>>87872688
er, meant to quote the rest of that line, where you said 'not a practicing christian'
kinda looks weird without it. that'll learn me to half-quote.
>>
File: hyeGQ6r.png (6KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
hyeGQ6r.png
6KB, 429x410px
>>87870994
>Nah. The "God" character is a Mary Sue bitch.

The fuck does this even mean?
>>
>>87870994
>makes it a point that he could easily lay the FUCKSMACK on egypt
>scares Moses into checking shit out for him

He seems pretty cool
>>
>>87870895
Music's great, animation is above average, story is biblical so you kinda know what you're getting. Ramses is 10/10 husband material.
>>
>>87871108
>THUS SAYETH THE LORD
>>
>>87870895

One of the best animated movies you'll see.
>>
>>87870995
>You have to be a bible thumper to enjoy religion based works
Nigga, I'm an atheist and Jesus Christ Superstar (1973 version of course) is one of my favourite movies.
>>
>>87871615
The first two minutes Deliver Us are pretty damn epic.
>>
>>87870895
Honestly, I think it's better than the original 10 Commandments film, if only because it fixes the major plot-hole that Rameses' priests could actually use magic in the Heston film, but in this one, they make it very clear that everything the priests do is smoke and mirrors.
>>
>>87870895
It won an Oscar for Best Song.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.