[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jonboy Meyers Moves to Marvel in New Inhuman Ongoing "Royals",

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 13

File: Royals_Teaser[1].jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Royals_Teaser[1].jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
Teaser/variant by Paul McCaffrey

>The Inhuman Royal Family will be featured in a new ongoing comic book series called Royals by writer Al Ewing and artist Jonboy Meyers.

>The new book is launching in April 2017 out of Marvel’s Ressurxion initiative that acts as a new chapter for both the Inhumans and the X-Men after their clash in December’s Inhumans vs. X-Men event. Royals will be the first of several new Inhumans-themed comics to debut in 2017.

>The cast features classic, royal Inhumans Medusa, Black Bolt, Crystal, and Gorgon; newer “Nuhumans” Flint and Swain; and surprise addition Marvel Boy. The story sees the group returning to the Inhumans’ space roots as they travel to the remains of the Kree homeworld and beyond to discover the origin of Terrigenesis, the chemical process that gives Inhumans their powers.

>“It's not the first time the Royals have been to space, admittedly, but I promise they've never been this far out before. I wanted to create a myth from the future, a quest to find answers and meaning in the face of extinction,” Ewing told us in an email interview. “In some ways, this is similar to my run on [Loki: Agent of Asgard], the thing that'll let me explore ideas of myth and metaphor, that'll allow me to play around on a grand tapestry. And the further out I get, the bigger I can go. I want to take this book to a place where Marvel-Earth -- the Marvel Galaxy -- isn't even a speck in the sky.”

>As for why they’re seeking out the origin of Terrigenesis, Ewing teased, “Let's just say that Terrigenesis is... not working out great the way it currently is. It's doing terrible things to the mutant population, and it's roaming the Earth as a giant cloud, and really, knowing more about it doesn't seem like that crazy an idea, even if it does take the form of a giant space quest.”
>>
>Right from the get-go, Ewing is making sure readers are aware this adventure is serious business by letting them know that while seven are going forth, only six are going to come back alive.

>“It's a quest, and quests should have some kind of consequence to them,” he said. “Plus, if I told you ‘Anyone could die, honest!’... well, you wouldn't believe me. It'd be just more high stakes, like in every issue of every cape comic ever. But if I tell you that someone will die, that it's prophesied, baked in, suddenly there really are high stakes. One of these people is going to go to the far shore and not come back. And you're going to fall in love with all of these characters, so it's going to matter when it happens.”

>With this band of Inhumans traveling into space, the likes of Karnak and Lockjaw will stay behind with the Nuhumans on Earth. As for why newer characters Swain and Flint made the cut, Ewing said they were just too interesting to leave behind. As for Marvel Boy, Ewing hinted that he’s there because he knows an important piece of information that will prove vital to the Inhumans.

>Marvel Boy is the outlier, the x-factor. I'm kind of combining [Kieron Gillen's] characterization with the ‘Lord of Force and Fire’ from [Grant Morrison], then putting my own spin on it,” Ewing said. “He's very necessary to the mission, because he's a Kree from an alternate dimension. And he's realized that there's one piece of common knowledge in his world that just isn't know about in the dimension he ended up in. Imagine going to a dimension where oil hadn't been discovered... well, knowing what we know now, you might want to keep quiet, but it's that kind of magnitude. There's something Marvel Boy knows about the Inhumans that they don't. Yet.”

>Artist Jonboy Meyers recently left DC’s Teen Titans comic book series over creative differences, which freed him up to take on Royals at Marvel.
>>
>Ewing

Might have to pick this up
>>
>>87840479
>Artist recently left DC
Expect shit art in this book.
>>
>The Inhumans have been getting quite a bit of attention in the past few years, with Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD television show introducing them to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and just last week it was announced that, instead of the planned Inhumans movie, a new show called The Inhumans will feature the Royal Family and debut in Fall 2017 in theaters with a two-hour IMAX special before heading to TV. Ewing said he had no knowledge of the upcoming TV show when he signed on for the book.

>Marvel Comics has put an increasing emphasis on the Inhumans, an effort spearheaded by writer Charles Soule with the titles Inhuman, The All-New Inhumans, and The Uncanny Inhumans. Soule and his artistic partners over the years essentially reinvented the Inhumans by bringing them down to Earth, creating a new cast of characters thanks to the Terrigen Cloud released during Jonathan Hickman’s Infinity event, and putting them in conflict with the beloved X-Men. The reveal of Royals signals that he will be wrapping up his years-long work and handing the Inhuman baton off to Ewing.
>>
>>87840464
Nice try. It still won't stick, but nice try.
>>
>>87840464
Fuck yes. Good things do happen. I might finally give a shot about Black Bolt. +Flint and maybe the Blue healer might show up.
>>
>>87840464
>another TT artist left for marvel

this is a sign that teen titans should die
>>
>>87840464
>Marvel Boy
who?
>>
>Ewing on this instead of Guardians
FUCK
I'll read it for Ewing and the fact it's about the actual Inhuman family as opposed to not-Xmen
>>
This is the better thread.
>>
Hehehehe

DC ARE FINISHED
>>
>>87840464
>Ewing making the Inhumans great again
>Ewing making Marvel Boy great again
Yes.
Fuck yes.
This is better than I could have hoped.

I mean, I'd rather have him on someone I care about more than the goddamn Inhumans, but they're the ones who likely need him the most.
>>
>>87840526
This isn't Meyers' first Marvel work, I just discovered.

>>87840559
Noh-Varr
>>
>>87840566
Technically, there's no proof that he's not on Guardians as well. Apart from the fact that it's gonna be Slott.
>>
>>87840585
Oh yeah, I'm sure the fucking INHUMANS with superstar writer and huge draw Al Ewing on charge have DC easily beat. Dumbass.
>>
>>87840479
>‘Lord of Force and Fire’ from [Grant Morrison]
Thank christ. Fuck Gillens Marvel Boy
>>
>>87840581
Some faggot created a similar but substance-less thread seconds after creating this very thread.
>>
>>87840464
Fuck off shithumans! This still sounds boring and stupid not even Ewing "nostalgia fag" can make it appealing!
>>
>>87840630
Yeah, I know.
>>
>>87840464
So this is why he disagreed over TT.
I mean, it's not like TT is AAA list brand but fucking "royals" is two elevators below them.
>>
File: Z1 - Reaction Images (7).gif (628KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
Z1 - Reaction Images (7).gif
628KB, 300x186px
>> Inhumans getting another title...
>> Medusa still isn't sexualized in any of them...
>> Domino still doesn't have her own series...
>> Almost all Marvel Female titles are social justice twitter style feminist garbage with campy silly 5 year old quality artwork...
>> Beta Ray "best bro ever" Bill might die...
>> Ares is not be using while lame bitch ass Hercules is on the main Avengers book...
>> Mads Mikkelssen was wasted as fuck in Doctor Strange...
Die In Fire Marvel, Die In Fire...
>>
Ewing is a Reddit-tier meme writer anyway.
>>
>>87840566
also since this is Ewing, the man who cleans up after Bendis, it'll ideally
>explain why the cloud abruptly changed nature after six months, going from harmless to all but those with inhuman ancestry thanks to being diluted, to causing m-pox with a completely random incubation period
>explain why the cloud STILL hasn't dissipated
>give the Inhumans a fresh supply of crystals so they can just burn the cloud already
>apply what they've learned about terrigen and create a cure for m-pox

>actually remember that Black Bolt has powers other than his voice
>>
>>87840677
>Medusa still isn't sexualized in any of them...
Go look at Meyers Starfire. We're in safe hands
>>
>>87840464
>>“It's not the first time the Royals have been to space, admittedly, but I promise they've never been this far out before.
they ruled the kree
>>
File: Trump-Marvel-640x480.jpg (62KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Trump-Marvel-640x480.jpg
62KB, 640x480px
>Inhumans leave Earth, like non-Caucasians leaving USA
Good old Ike.
>>
>>87840722
But the Inhumans are, like, the ultimate whites. They practiced eugenics.
>>
File: black hand.jpg (339KB, 590x551px) Image search: [Google]
black hand.jpg
339KB, 590x551px
>x-men going back to the good old days
>inhumans is now games of thrones in space

I-is this the marvel rebirth we have been waiting ?
at least for x-men and inhumans fans ? we are getting 2 things we like now
>>
>>87840715
Dis Mary Jane...
> Muh Dick!
>>
>>87840464
Who is the tumblr landwhale?
>>
I'd say I'm gonna miss The Quiet Room but honestly it only even showed up in two issues
>>
>>87840608
Doesn't Bendis still have another year on Guardians?
>>
>>87840763
>>inhumans is now games of thrones in space
it already was that. than the hack man happened
>>
>>87840789
Either Flint or Swain, presumably.
>>
>>87840789
swaim. some mind control dyke
>>
>>87840763
>>x-men going back to the good old days
I want herbs you use, senpai.
>>
>>87840789
Swain, she has a lizard tail and secret empathy powers capable of subtle mindrape
>>
>>87840790
>I'd say I'm gonna miss The Quiet Room but honestly it only even showed up in two issues
I will be eternally sad that we didn't get a miniseries/ongoing of silent, self-contained adventures of Black Bolt running the Quiet Room.
>>
>>87840791
Yes. We're discussing who's going to replace him, obviously.
And it'll be Slott. Of COURSE it'll be Slott.
>>
>>87840464
> Give Shithumans competent creative team
> X-titles announced with no creative team.

heh.
>>
>>87840833
I'm betting on Kate Leth
>>
>>87840805
more like swine, amirite
>>
>>87840852
>that
>competent
lel
>>
>>87840805
>>87840807
>>87840822
Ah, that's right. She's one of the nuInhumans that was introduced in the past year.
>>
Membah how hard inferno was pushed in now 1.0 and how he is nowhere now
>>
>>87840869
what, would you prefer Bendis?
>>
>>87840894
I hope he dies in IvX desu
>>
>>87840894
I actually liked Inferno
>>
>>87840944
Not him but yes, at least the writer would be of the same caliber as the characters.
>>
>>87840763
>>x-men going back to the good old days

Thats a lot of presumption for something we have very little information on so far
>>
>>87840763
>no writers confirmed
Doubt it
>>
>>87840975
but it has a blue and gold team like the 90's when x-men was last good
>>
>>87840992
Epic meme, bro.
>>
>>87840894
>push Inferno
>wild Toro appears and is Inhuman
>even wilder Human Torch appears
>New Warriors get ANOTHER Inhuman with fire powers and he transforms into some wingless dragon
What the fuck is with Marlel, Inhumans and fire?
>>
>>87840464
>Royals
>NuHumans

dropped
>>
>>87840464
For a split second I thought that it was the Marvel Boy of Atlas so Ewing would reconstruct the connection between Uranus' Eternals and the Kree's decision to create the Inhumans. Still on board but disappointed the fuck out of my mind now.
Anyway more space is always cool.
>>
>>87840464
Ulterior Shithumans push by Perlmutter's Marlel favorite team... Easy pass.
>>
Going from Teen Titans to the fucking Shithumans. What a dumb nigger.
>>
>>87841231
>Teen Titans
>>
File: 1478622735009.gif (45KB, 223x163px) Image search: [Google]
1478622735009.gif
45KB, 223x163px
>Ewing taking the Inhumans back to space and expanding into their mythos
It's everything I wanted. I guess Johnny fucks off during IvX and Karnak must be running Attilan.
>somebody dies
RIP in peace Flint.
>>
>>87841294
What?
>>
>>Ewing
Yay!
>>Death
I hope it's Noh-Var
>>
>>87840464
>>87840479
Goddamn, this sounds fantastic. Cosmic coming back?
>>
>>87841231

This is a very immature post, you should feel bad anon.
>>
>>87840464
>the series will send classic Inhumans Medusa, Black Bolt, Crystal and Gorgon into space once again
Yaaay!
>along with Nuhumans Flint and Swain
Ugh. Can not work up any interest in these guys
>>
>>87840464
who's the shortstack? seriously, lady's like 15% boob
>>
>>87841597
They were pretty interesting in All-New Inhumans. Swain got her development dupped quickly on the back end though.
>>
>>87841568
Doubtful. I don't think Marvel will ever manage to get anyone interested in Inhumans, and GotG and Nova are going to continue to linger for now
>>
YES. GOOD RIDDANCE
Also, FUCK Ewing! I always knew he was a hack
>>
>>87841568
It never left. You have to stop thinking cosmic is just Guardians
>>
>>87840500
ha ha Soule btfo his career
>>
>>87840643
I wouldn't worry about it. 5 issues max, and 20k level of sales, just like his new avengers and ultimates. /co/ faps over ewing, but frankly he didn't set the roof on fire
>>
>Inhuman book is part of Ressurxion
hahaha remember when people said this was the end of the Inhumans push? Expect Inhumans in every new X-book following a team
>>
>>87841732
Nah man I'm not even talking about Guardians. There's definitely been some good stuff the last few years but this just really grabs me. He sounds like he's got a real good plan.
>>
>>87841587
Hi /co/mblr
>>
>>87841777
>777
delet this
>>
>putting good writers on books that will fail
why?
>>
>>87841777
if this is true, marvel is in dire trouble. they already have problem with ivx, as they are giving the floppies for free to retailers

such move would be a suicide. i think that they're going to wrap the inhumans plot and say goodbye. given that marvel relaunches last 5 months, it would make sense for this book to be a glorified mini
>>
>>87841782
>There's definitely been some good stuff the last few years
Like?
>>
>>87841777
but the book doesn't even have inhumans in its title....
>>
File: 68866278.jpg (100KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
68866278.jpg
100KB, 500x375px
Can't they just go back to ruling the Kree Empre again? That was actually cool and gave them a purpose for the first time in 40 years.
>>
Spike's career died for this.
>>
>>87841891
Kree are dead, cause Hala blew up.
>>
>>87841865
that doesn't mean anything.

Ressurxion has Black Bolt's logo in it for a reason.
>>
>>87840464
Will Ewing save the Inhumans "franchise"?
>>
>>87841909
Yeah, but you would expect that a major inhumans book would be at least called "inhumans: royals". It isn't. It' only "Royals", like marvel was too embarrassed to put the word "inhumans" in the title, like it was tainted or something
>>
>>87841921
he couldn't save new avengers, nor ultimates, so nope. he should had go to GOTG, but noooo..
fuck marlel
>>
File: crytsal and ronan.jpg (134KB, 576x640px) Image search: [Google]
crytsal and ronan.jpg
134KB, 576x640px
I hope they get back together.
>>
>>87841957
it never made sense and always felt superficial
>>
It's weird because this is a pitch that makes sense for the Inhumans
>>
>>87841948
Bendis won't be off that for a while. They should have put Ewing on Nova.
But I guess a tv script writer will be good enough
>>
>>87841973
Too little, too late.
The fact that they had to include the nushits already ruins it to me
>>
>>87841623
What's their deal, anyway? If Ewing's thinks they're interesting enough to write about I'd at least like to know who they are.
>>
>>87841957
Knowing Ewing, there's no way this doesn't at least get brought up. Kind of weird how Ronan hasn't shown up at all since Black Vortex.
>>
>>87841777
Why would anyone think that? The Resurroion logo literally has Black Bolt's symbol in its name.
>>
>>87841864
Guardians 3000, Korvac Saga, Guardians of Infinity, Starlin's Infinity books, Secret Wars Infinity Gauntlet. I read the first few issues of Ultimates and thought they were good but I haven't kept up with it.

Well, I should say stuff I've enjoyed. Your mileage may vary.
>>
>>87841982
>please spoonfeed me I'm a stupid dumbass
Nah, kill yourself
>>
>>87841921
eh, Ewing is one of the dwindling list of people at Marvel whose writing I think is generally fine at worst, but I'm not sure he's good enough to save them
>>
>>87841979
>had to include
I don't think Ewing "had" to include anyone he didn't want to.
>>
>>87841965
See, I felt that at first, but I really like where it went. Thought it was sweet.
>>
REDDIT-TIER MEME WRITER
>>
>>87842030
I don't think you know how politics in companies work
>>
>>87841985
>Kind of weird how Ronan hasn't shown up at all since Black Vortex.
That is Bendis's fault, In Vortex it was Ronan that discovered Hala was blown up and got pissed. Bendy decide to make his OC Hala be the one out for revenge.

>>87841999
Shitposters spammed that shit when the X-titles were announced without the Inhumans titles. Even though common sense would tell you that was so the muggas wouldn't overshadow them. They had to wait until the X-hype died down.
>>
>>87842024
>"These characters are actually good"
>"Oh yeah? What makes them good?"
>"RRRREEEE FUCK OFF DUMBSHIT I'M NOT GONNA SPOONFEED YOU"
Alright, man.
>>
It's kinda frustrating that x-books don't have any creative team announced, nor premise. I really feel like the rumor about making x-men inhumans might turn out true. But if that's the case, marvel can die in fire
>>
>>87840464
>>87840479
Wait, I thought Terrigenesis was invented by Randac, an Inhuman geneticist?
>>
>>87842094
More like X-Humans
>>
>>87842076
>In Vortex it was Ronan that discovered Hala was blown up and got pissed. Bendy decide to make his OC Hala be the one out for revenge.
This was so retarded, but I think it was like some kind of revenge against Humphries who did something around that time to lose Bendis' favor completely.
>>
File: wells.jpg (33KB, 468x424px) Image search: [Google]
wells.jpg
33KB, 468x424px
>Inhumans brand is so toxic that they had to change the name of the book
>>
>>87841965
>fans thoughts about every single relationship in comics ever.
>>
>>87842189
even reed and sue?
>>
>>87842122
He did, but this is probably going to be them figuring out how to do it by out what the Kree did to them in the first place.
>>
>>87842210
REED DOESN'T DESERVE HER, SHE'S BETTER GETTING BLACKED BY T'CHALLA LIKE IN MY FAN ART!
>>
>>87842306
Wasn't that already revealed in Hickman's FF? It even turned out the Kree did the same thing to other species.
>>
>>87842339
or that fish dude
>>
>>87840464
>as they travel to the remains of the Kree homeworld

Shit, is this a good idea after they arbitrarily abandoned ruling the Kree?
>>
>>87842340
which was retarded.
I mean, calling kymellians inhumans, instead of inkymellians, well...
>>
>>87842352
FISH DUDE ISN'T BLACK POC, IT DOESN'T ADHERE TO MY FETISHES
>>
>>87840789
Literally a tumblr SJW who mind controls people so they don't hate Inhumans like they did Mutants.
>>
>>87840526
Teen Titans being good about once every five years at best is a better reason for it to die.
>>
>>87840499
this
>>
>>87842340
iirc They didn't say the way what they did just that they did it to several places.
>>
>>87841568
Ewing is the only writer interested in actually writing full time Cosmic with Starlin occasionally doing stories from Marvel so it's kind of sort of coming back.

>>87841652
Nova seems like it's going to be half in Earth and half in space and the writer said he was interested in doing cosmic stories but it's too soon to tell.

>>87841732
It doesn't have anything to do with Guardians (which is suppose to be a Cosmic title anyway) but the fact that at some point there was no Cosmic titles even while Bendis fucked them up.
>>
>>87842373
human gets substituted for humanoid often enough in marvel

not sure if I would qualify kymellians though
>>
>>87842003
Enjoyed all of those except Guardians of Infinity but the 15 pages an issue and stupid backup shit stories (the Drax family one being the only exception) ruined it for me.
>>
>>87840464
That art is not appealing.
>>
>>87842538
Dire Wraiths definetly don't look humanoid at all.
>>
>>87842605
Well, why would they waste a good art on some c-tier comic that's going to sell around 20k?
>>
>>87842340
Why did Black Bolt have to marry the Queen of each of those Alien tribes anyway?
>>
>>87842624
Medusa looks like she is retaning water.
>>
>>87842561
Infinity threw me off as I expected something at least slightly broader in scope that followed up on 3000 and Korvac saga. But it was really just kind of a standalone story. And while I've more or less adapted along with Bendis to the newer iterations of the characters, I can see Abnett's new Rocket upsetting some of the more, er, vocal fans around here. Though I feel like it can be explained away with all that bullshit that happened in Secret Wars.

More or less agreed on the backups. I liked both of the Thing ones well enough. (I actually kinda like Thing in space in general) The Johnny/Flash one with the rogue space-knights was alright. Everything with Kitty was awful.
>>
>>87842693
she's an old twat, at least it looks realistically
>>
>>87842624
How hard will they push incentive variant meme?
>>
>>87842733
as much as they did with champions?
frankly, I just don't see it going more than 5 issues.
I just don't. It's going to be the new "Solo" of another marvel relaunch, or only for die-hard nerds.
>>
>>87842692
He was the Midnight King, i.e. the Muad'dib to all of the Inhuman species, the messiah who would unite them and rescue them in the tme of direst need from [menace that Hickman foreshadowed only BB and the Supremor saw but was never revealed]
>>
>>87842731
I'm not in it for real, besides which she'd be like 80 if we're going for real.
>>
>>87842778
maybe she is? inhumans age slower?
>>
>>87842769
nah it won't flop that bad, it'll sell about as well as the other Inhuman books do, which isn't that well, but let's not get crazy.

Solo was seriously the most perplexing blunder of an idea for a book I've seen in years.
>>
>>87840677
Are you a literally 5 years old? You can find porn of medusa online why do you need the tease in a comic? Inhumans will be written by Ewing, finally they will get a good writer, and you complain about sexualizing medusa?
>>
>>87841982
Flint's big thing seems to be disillusionment. He's the only 'good' InHuman I know of to have this opinion of the cloud and before the terrigen he was kind of an anarchist, fuck the man and my parents kind of dude, but a modern one who does it behind a computer. Then he got recruited for the bad guys, and then taken up by Medusa and gang. He seems to bounce around trying to make things better but slowly realizing he can't do it in any meaningful way.

Swain had a really truncated arc around her power being out of her control and being unsure if any of her relationships were real. Basically telepath regret, which is rarer than it should be (looking at you X-men) It got resolution in the last issue cause she hooked up with a sociopath whose terrigenesis made it so she couldn't feel emotions..
>>
>>87842822
>nah it won't flop that bad, it'll sell about as well as the other Inhuman books do
You mean from 9k to 18k? because that's how well the other shits do
>>
>>87842775
Well that went nowhere. After Infinity all those alien Inhumans literally vanished off of the face of the Earth and were never seen or mentioned again.
But that still doesn't explain why he had to MARRY them. Couldn't they just be his subjects/allies?
>>
>>87840593
>This isn't Meyers' first Marvel work, I just discovered.
well yeah if course not but both rocafort and meyers were on TT and left early
>>
>>87842867
I cringed 6 times while reading your post
>>
>>87842867
So which of them is most likely to die? It's either them or Marvel Boy. I doubt Marvel would let Ewing kill off one of the Royal Family.
>>
>>87842769
Quit shitposting, no Inhuman book has done that bad, and Cosmic books have super low cancellation bars. Besides UI was one of the only books to do better than it's pre- secret wars counter part.
>>
>>87842795
works for me.

I wonder if someone at Marvel is pushing them just because they are amongst the few Kirby characters who have never generated significant revenue. I mean if you have a stack of prime Kirby characters, you should probably try to use them. Kirby's characters have a pretty good track record as cash cows.
>>
>>87842872
Moon girl is the only book to sell that low. Even All new Inhumans and Karnak did better.
>>
>>87840464

>But if I tell you that someone will die, that it's prophesied, baked in, suddenly there really are high stakes. One of these people is going to go to the far shore and not come back. And you're going to fall in love with all of these characters, so it's going to matter when it happens.

Blarg.
>>
>>87842908
http://www.comichron.com
> Uncanny Inhumans 14 $3.99 Marvel 24,781

>All New Inhumans 11 $3.99 Marvel 15,489

>Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur 12 $3.99 Marvel 9,509

>Karnak 5 $3.99 Marvel 19,126

I wasted few minutes of my life just to show how much of a faggot you are
>>
>>87841660
? are you ok
>>
>>87842903
It says only six are going to come back alive. That doesn't necessarily mean one won't stay back alive. He never explicitly states someone's going to die, I believe, and Ewing doesn't really seem the type to kill characters off for shock.
>>
>>87841891
hackmans gonna hack
>>
>>87842947
sure they did>>87842953
>>
>>87842953
why didn't you post Ms Marvel's numbers?
>>
>>87842850
Are you five years old? Do titties scare and upset you? Do you actually masturbate to sexy comics?
That's fucked up; stop projecting.
>>
>>87842988
because she's champions-related book
but here you go

>Ms Marvel 12 $4.99 Marvel 28,348
hardly impressive for a book that is supposed to be "acclaimed" and the breakthrough book
>>
>>87842953
>posting the numbers they got cancelled on

Shit anon, that only works for every comic book to every come out. You are saying that it will only sell 9-18k and get cancelled in five when none of their books sold that badly.
>>
>>87842979
Hickman was never good. Neither was Ewing
-some anon in 2019
>>
>>87843025
>because she's champions-related book
She's Inhuman related. I doubt Miles or Chulk's books are Champions related in their categories
>>
>>87840464
Why don't the Inhumans give the GotG a lift while they're at it?
>>
I tried to like Ewing, but the quippy little captions really put me off.
>>
>>87843041
ui, moon girl is not cancelled, and Karnak will have issue #6. And yeah, the sales are laughable. Anything else, dumbass?
>>
>>87843059
>She's Inhuman related.
she's barely related anymore. The new volume didn't have anything to do with them, even during Civil War tie-ins. I won't be surprised if she gets retconned in the future, as the inhumans angle was a far stretch.
>>
>>87843049
Iliked Hickmen up until that shit with Crystal and Ronin. I still like most of the FF run. I never got through avengers.
>>
>Al Ewing
>Weird royal family inhumans at long fucking last
MY
FUCKING
DICK

YOU MADE ME WAIT SO LONG
SO FUCKING LONG
MARVEL
>>
>>87843140
>royal family
>with two neoshits
hold your horses
>>
>>87842920
Eternals is the other one
>>
Is this an Inhumans thread?
Has anyone else read Moon Girl? I think it has really good writing actually. I'm a big Kirby fan and I loved the FF Inhumans days and Devil Dinosaur by Kirby and I enjoy this book. Lunella's amazing. She fills the void left by Reed.
>>
>>87840464
>by writer Al Ewing
NOOOOO! YOU WERE MEANT TO BE THE CHOSEN ONE!

On the flip-side a book about the actual Inhumans written by a good writer might make this the first worthwhile book out of this years-long Inhumans book.

Still, it's kind of telling that an Inhuman book is getting the line-up announced before any of the 7 X-Men books they've teased so far.
>>
>>87843264
kill yourself
>>
>>87843314
Whoa, what's wrong?
>>
>>87843328
go back to cbr, shill
>>
>>87843361
I'm not a shill, I dont read any other Inhuman books and I hate what they've done to them. I don't even like Kamala. I just like Moon Girl and love the old school Royal Family. I dont even like what Jenkins did with them.
>>
>>87843391
> I just like Moon Girl
And I don't like you.
>>
File: 1389305125972.png (204KB, 509x380px) Image search: [Google]
1389305125972.png
204KB, 509x380px
>>87840763

>teen Jean solo
>gay Iceman solo
>Wolverines 2 - Electric Boogaloo
>Extraordinary X-Men is now called Gold
>All-New X-Men is now called Blue
>no writers at all announced so even the Generation X book still has a high chance of being shit
I don't know where Marvel would be hiding all of the All-Star talent required to make this shit work.
>>
>>87840763
You are stupid.
>>
>>87843556
why is Extraordinary X-Men bad anon? I've read the Apocalypse Wars issues and they were pretty good. a lot of content for three issues and some nice character interactions. I havent read the rest tho
>>
>>87840464
So, let me see:
>a middle aged couple cosplaying as Black Bolt and Medusa
>a lesbian
>a space numale
>some Wolverine wannabe
>a monkey
>and a tumblr landwhale

Holy kek, this is what people are excited about?
>>
>>87843260
I was thinking that as well.. Those are some great characters too.
Kirby's shit has made them billions. BILLIONS. I can see why they might be willing to take an exteded risk with sme of the lower performing propties.
>>
>>87842076
>They had to wait until the X-hype died down.
There was hype? Non of the fucking books have been ACTUALLY announced. All we got was titles with some pictures that could mean everything and nothing.
>>
>>87843641
I only read like the first two issues and skimmed some storytimes here and there. From what I've seen the problem is that Lemire has absolutely no handle on any of the characters and his plots don't seem to go anywhere interesting.
>>
>>87843645
My god go read some comics|
>>
>>87843869
My god go back to tumblr
>>
>>87843876
I have never been in Tumblr. I just like comics.
>>
>>87844221
You should go there. You would fit there
>>
>>87844221
Shitty comics, more like.
>>
>>87844326
yeah, ok, nice critique. why do you think your opinion of something you have not read is relevant is a real mystery.
>>
>>87840464
>new Inhumans book
>launched under the X-Men relaunch label
Just stop. Retire the characters.
>>
>>87840464
>Ewing on Inhumans
FUCK YES. A DREAM COME TRUE!
>>
>>87840464
>It's doing terrible things to the mutant population, and it's roaming the Earth as a giant cloud
Wait so this bullshit is STILL going to be around after IvX?
>>
>>87840763
>I-is this the marvel rebirth we have been waiting ?
No, but it's a step in the right direction.
>>
>>87840479
>“It's a quest, and quests should have some kind of consequence to them,” he said. “Plus, if I told you ‘Anyone could die, honest!’... well, you wouldn't believe me. It'd be just more high stakes, like in every issue of every cape comic ever. But if I tell you that someone will die, that it's prophesied, baked in, suddenly there really are high stakes. One of these people is going to go to the far shore and not come back. And you're going to fall in love with all of these characters, so it's going to matter when it happens.”
Oh cool, so Blackbolt will """""""""die""""""""" again.
>>
>>87840763
Ewing cannot write them all.
>>
>>87845661
>Ewing cannot write them at all
or tl;dr version
>Ewing cannot write
ftfy
>>
File: D.png (113KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
D.png
113KB, 320x240px
>meanwhile, Karnak gets delayed for the umpteenth time...
>>
>>87840464
This is literal betrayal. I've never been more excited for a Teen Titans book, from everything from saying Starfire would lead and that Nightwing would appear and no Trigon and now none of that shit will happen.

At least this book could turn out good.
>>
>>87845182
Ressurxion is X-Men and Inhumans. Try and keep up.
>>
>>87842867

The worst part is you probably wrote all this with a straight face. Not a good look, anon.
>>
>>87841965

I felt that was the strength of the relationship. It wasn't love at first but ended being that way. Ronan came to love Crystal because she took charge of things and showed him he still had a soft side.
>>
>>87841965
>Crystal trying to make a political marriage work

C'mon. It was a good angle, and them developing actual feelings isn't the worst romantic plot Crystal's ever been involved in.
>>
>>87845990

Karnak has escaped cancellation because Ellis has made various sacrifices to pagan gods. It's the only way to keep the title from evaporating into retroactive nothingness that rips itself from the time stream.
>>
>>87853424
It's been over a year and the first arc isn't even fucking done yet. I get that the artist change caused mad fucking delays and I get that, but at a certain point you can't just keep blaming the artist for this.
Thread posts: 204
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.