[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are there any major, mortal villains living in the Marvel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: u8tr5mojpbnytvuyxlsp.jpg (67KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
u8tr5mojpbnytvuyxlsp.jpg
67KB, 800x449px
How are there any major, mortal villains living in the Marvel universe with the Punisher around?
>>
>>87839544
Frank hates organized crime, not super villains.
The real question is, why are there still mobsters? You'd think anyone in their right mind would go hench for a super villain instead of getting into organized crime.
>>
>>87839544
He's one guy.
One guy can only kill so many people in a lifetime.
>>
>>87839602
Simple supply and demand.

With Frank taking out most of the supply, the demand only increases. The greater the rewards, the easier it is to justify going up against the Punisher.
>>
>>87839602
It still takes Franks months to take down one syndicate. In that time the other mafia groups can adapt and grow stronger.
>>
>>87839544
Well, the answer outside the Marvel Universe is that the writers won't allow him to kill characters to keep the status quo. A possible reason in universe is that they're either somewhere he can't get to, there's someone else that deserves his attention, or they're out of his league.
>>
>>87839544
For all his prep-time Frank's still a mortal man. Any time he goes against superhumans unprepared he's usually way out of his depth, it was what got him killed during Dark Reign. He HAS killed supervillains but he just usually does much better against untrained mafiosos and drug peddlers. If you want a Punisher for supervillains, you check out Guruenwald era Captain America for Scourge.
>>
>>87839544
He doesn't care about super villains. He targets mafia, gangs, drug dealers, murderers, and occasionally rapists/pedos. That's it (with rare exceptions).
>>
>>87839544
Better question, how is Frank still alive? In any sensible universe a lone unpowered vigilante would have been killed a long time ago.
>>
File: latest.jpg (208KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
208KB, 900x1366px
>>87840161

I dunno. He did pretty well against the Avengers.
>>
>>87840176
It comes down to a combination of skill, experience, and luck. Sometimes Frank gets into situations where he would have died if someone, or something is brought into the equation saves his life. He is extremely skilled and lucky.
>>
>>87840215
People keep saying that this comic was bullshit but I don't think it was. The Avengers and Punisher were fighting each other with kid gloves. They weren't going all out to try to kill each other. The Avengers were reluctant to bring in Castle because they underestimated him. And Castle knew he was going to lose. He was just buying time for that lady to escape. Frank went to extremes not to use lethal force on them. And once the Avengers started getting more serious they captured him.
>>
>>87840215

Did we read the same miniseries?

He only got by because Thor and Logan had a soft spot for him.
And even then he was essentially running for his life the entire time.
>>
>>87840216
More like comic books and plot armor.
>>
>>87840287
I don't know what to tell you, Anon. You can't have stories about a protagonist if they're dead. You'll just have to suspend your belief.
>>
>>87839544
1. No matter how many you kill, a new one will show up.
2. Nobody dies for good in comics.
>>
>>87840172
This Frank sees himself as someone who takes on villains too small time for big heroes but too big time for cops.
>>
>>87840323
No shit, Sherlock, that's why the OP question is pointless in the first place. You can't have stories about a protagonist if they don't have antagonists to fight. That was my whole point.
>>
>>87839544
Because hell has a revolving door
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.