[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the new Lion King remake /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: the-lion-king-image.jpg (91KB, 1022x586px) Image search: [Google]
the-lion-king-image.jpg
91KB, 1022x586px
So /co/ what are your thoughts on the upcoming live action Lion King remake?.
>>
>>87835372
>live action

Do you mean, like... CGI?
>>
Unnecessary cashgrab

Dark times ahead, really dark.
>>
I hope it's just Hamlet with lions.
>>
They should just bring back all the same voice actors
>>
>>87835466
This is my thinking. Jungle book had at least a lead actor that was human.

Why should this movie be called live action?
>>
>>87835372

How are they even gonna make this live action?
Where are they gonna add the humans? Will they attempt to add real animals into the movie?
>>
>>87835567
I asked that same question when live action Dumbo was announced.
>>
>>87835500
I completely agree anon.
>>
I have a bad memory. Was there a recent live action adaptation of one of their movies that did so well it convinced them that doing it for every fucking movie would print money? The most recent Alice movie flopped.
>>
>>87835755

Well there are actually a fair amount of humans in Dumbo.
>>
>>87835372
It will suck. But now I kinda wanna watch Lion King.
>>
>>87835567
They're not.
It's going to be a full CGI animated movie but advertised as "live action".
>>
>>87835840
>It will suck

Agreed i am gonna watch it with an open mind though but probably pirate a camera bootleg of it instead of wasting my money on a movie that will probably suck.
>>
>>87835776
Maleficent did well.
>>
>>87835891
Wait, did it? I remember that being a flop too. Oh well, I don't have to watch ANY of this. I'll just sit back being vaguely upset.
>>
>>87835793
>Well there are actually a fair amount of humans in Dumbo.

True.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YigM-F4oSIE
>>
>>87835942
It was shit but all the hot topic goths loved it so it made money anyway and is getting a sequel in a few years.

>Mother wanted me to see this in theaters with her because she thought it would be good
>Didn't want to see it but went in with an open mind anyway
>Movie opens with a narrator giving us that this is the REAL STORY of what happened bullshit
>Knew right away that this was going to be awful
>And it was
>Avoided every live action Disney remake like the plague ever since no matter how many people tell me Jungle Book was good, I don't believe them
>>
>>87835372
>""""""live action""""""
>>
>>87835755
They said no elephants, it'll be CGI.
>>
>>87835541
Aren't some of them dead?
>>
>>87835372
I hope it puts Disney out of business.
>>
I want to watch it with Redmayne and listen to his review.
>>
>>87835372
The only intresting thing this movie will have is all the debates around about where the line of live-action and animation cross.

Like why is Who Framed Roger Rabbit acceptable on /co/ but Rise of the Planet of the Apes which had the main character Ceaser and every single other ape (and they're a lot of apes) to be animated isn't.
>>
I keep getting into arguments over these movies because she likes them and I just can't bring myself to feel anything more than bafflement over them.

I mean no matter how good they are, I'd rather see a the original.
Even when they make significant changes they just end up being shit.

It sucks because movies are the one interest my sister and I share but our tastes are on the opposite ends of the spectrum.
>>
>>87836820
What angers me about Malificent is that they try to sell it off as some great GIRL POWER movie but they took one of the most powerfull and evil villains Disney had to offer and said she was broken because of EVIL MAN.

Then they took the awesome heroic old ladies who drove the action of the original and turned them into ninconpoops.
Because old fairies are less marketable than Angelina Jolie.
>>
>>87835776
Jungle Book
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.