[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it good, bad, or just okay?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 10

File: an hero team.png (239KB, 259x384px) Image search: [Google]
an hero team.png
239KB, 259x384px
Was it good, bad, or just okay?
>>
>>87830877
I liked it but I've only seen the extended edition.

Also I don't understand the complaints about Joker. He's essentially a modernized version of Hamill's.
>>
It was completely fine and more watchable than at least 6 different Marvel movies?

Was it totally hacked together on the cutting room floor? Sure, but it still has enough genuine charm, some unique visuals, and decent action. Not to mention that Davis is perfect as Waller.
>>
>>87830877
It was pretty fun.
>>
>>87830877
I liked the characters but the story was shit. So basically like most comic book movies
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 500x500px
Was alright but the reshoots and trailer park cut almost killed it
Didn't like how it made Boomerang a brony, it would've been funnier if his unicorn was filled with diamonds
Katana, Croc and Diablo deserved more screentime
I also think that they shouldn't have killed Enchantress, what a waste
Leto Joker was cool, has potential and I expect to see him in Affleck's Batman

6.5/10 because of trailer park, I still want to see Ayer's cut
>>
meh
>>
It was incomplete
>>
>>87830877
I'd say it was okay, but on the bad side of okay.
Loved the characters though. Haven't seen the extended cut.
>>
>>87830877
The casting for waller was prefect.
>>
File: you.jpg (155KB, 466x379px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
155KB, 466x379px
>>87831091
>>87830948
>>87831385
>>
It was bad

Bar Scene
>Rick Flag: You guys can leave
>-Boomerang grabs his shit and leaves-

Next scene
>Boomerang rejoins the rest of the tsuuuuuuu-of-psy squad to fight villain

What the fuck?
>>
It is a weak story told in a spectacularly terrible manner.

Performances weren't bad though. It's a shame they didn't have the balls to actually portray the Joker as abusive in any sense beyond "I'm into electrocution."
>>
>>87831478
What's the problem?
>>87831483
He's a boomerang
>>
>>87831483
Boomerangs always come back, silly
>>
>>87831519
>>87831525

Yeah, who needs characterization when you have wordplay?
>>
>>87831493
Warner cut 3 of his abusive scenes, bunch of cowards
>>
>>87831548
Why does it matter when that's just a small part of the movie?
>>
>>87831548
I have to agree that it would have been cooler if he actually escaped just to have Waller capturing him again in the end
>>
>>87831548
that moment is literally a moment of characterization you dummy, he leaves but comes back. How does that not reveal his true character in at least some fashion?
>>
>>87830877
I liked it, the extended cut fixed Harley's arc, some pacing issues, and gave just enough extra lines to the other squad members that I ended up caring about them more than my first viewing. Its amazing what 14 minutes can do.
>>
File: Cxs8hEpWEAYpU_R.jpg (131KB, 1199x678px) Image search: [Google]
Cxs8hEpWEAYpU_R.jpg
131KB, 1199x678px
>Oh god, this early concept art for the Joker and Harley from Suicide Squad.

>Amazingly, the Joker's design could have actually been *worse*

https://twitter.com/nellucnhoj/status/800299908402126848
>>
It was good. I enjoyed the characters and the action was fine. There is room for improvement but the film as it is works fine as an introduction to the Squad.
>>
>>87831633

It would be characterization if we'd been given any reason for Boomerang to come back or even just a hint of him being not such a complete scumbag up to that point. But there isn't. They're is absolutely no reason for him to come back. I'm all for a well-rounded character but this is just out-and-out contradiction.
>>
>>87831768
Why does that single scene anger you so much?
>>
>>87830877
6/10 Not as bad as critics said, but yeah it's bad.
Diablo and Waller were good characters.
Smith plays as Smith as always.
I counted 10 songs in the whole fucking movie and holy that fucking editing.
Also, the Joker was forgettable and dull and everyone that tell you the opposite is fucking lying.
At least the cinematography was good.
>>
>>87831705
Neat, I didn't know Saints Row was getting DC-themed DLC.
>>
>>87831705
What does that have to do with this thread?
>>
>>87831808

It's not about the one scene man. It's just really disappointing to see half the cast have virtually no characterization. Katana is pretty much entirely characterized by other people explaining who she is. Killer Croc gets like three lines in the bar and that's it. It's really disappointing considering this was billed as an ensemble piece.
>>
>>87831855
I'd get that DLC for Agents of Mayhem.
>>
>>87831854
>6/10
>"yeah its bad"

thats approaching IGN levels of scoring there, mate.
>>
>>87830877
Just okay. Has its moments. Average 7/10 movie.
>>
File: image.png (928KB, 698x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
928KB, 698x1080px
>>87831866
Concept art are related

>psst boyo
>wanna buy sum rangs?
>>
>>87831923
I actually like that design.
>>
>>87831923
I love how they kept having them wear their names in the concept art.
>>
It was a mess but there was a good movie in there somewhere
>>
>>87831923
>we didn't got this
Never felt more dissapointed in my life.
Oh wait...
>>
File: image.jpg (166KB, 655x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166KB, 655x1080px
>>87832015
Boomer's design is almost the same as in the concept art
>>
Theatrical Suicide Squad was better than theatrical Dawn of Justice
Ultimate Dawn of Justice is better than Extended Suicide Squad.
The entire DCEU is a solid 7/10 and I'm willing to keep going. I feel like they've established more of a universe in 3 films than Marvel did with their first three.
>>
meh
>>
> But hurt mods delete my on topic post

Kill yourself.
>>
>>87831705
I hope they have a callback to this by having Leto wear shades and that costume. Would be pretty nice.
>>
>>87832221
The only post I saw that got deleted had nothing of substance so I'm glad mods are finally doing their job properly.
>>
>>87832178
I like this guy. Though I disagree with your assessment I'm glad you still see some merit within this film universe. Which future movie are you most excited to see?
>>
>>87831901
they get more lines in the extended cut and have actual characterization
>>
>>87831633
he probably came back because Katana was so hot, i mean he kept hitting on her throughout the entire time. Is your autism satisfied now?
>>
>>87832128
Needs more sideburns.
>>
>>87832288
Really? How does 13 minutes add characterization to them if you believed they previously had none? Now I'm interested in seeing the extended cut.

Was it better to have it as an extended cut or should they have added the scenes as "deleted extras" instead?
>>
>>87832251

SS sucked major dick and did next to nothing right. You have every right to say you "liked" it but no right to say it's actually good any kind of technical level.
>>
>>87831633
because he now cared about the team, that was the whole thing at the end where they all kinda cared about each other
>>
>>87832332
its pretty amazing what 13 minutes can change. It makes Harley a much more fleshed out person, gives Diablo/Croc/Boomer more interactions and lines that really made me feel much more invested in them.
>>
>>87832353
>good any kind of technical level.
Visuals and editing were iffy but there weren't too many pacing problems and the sound was fine. Some of the songs were bad but some of the original ones were really good. It was okay.
>>
>>87832332
and it should have been the theatrical cut
>>
>>87831768
Well not particularly related to the scene you're talking about but we know he's not a complete scumbag during the scene where Diablo talks about killing his kids
>>
>>87832279
Not him but Aquaman and Batman are going to be great
>>
It was good for what it was, a popcorn movie, that being siad, was it a great movie, no, was it horrible, no. Deadpool is still the best comic movie this year, but the best I have seen so far in the last 5 yrs is judge dredd can't beat a comic come to life.
>>
>>87832459
Man I will freak out if normies start to love Aquaman. If Aquaman is so good that people respect him again, life will be great.

I personally don't like his Rebirth stories, but I think he's a great character.
>>
>>87832460
>no dredd 2 with antje traue as hershey and dark judges
Fug
>>
>>87832475
Aquaman is going to be DCEUs Thor, normies are going to love the shit out of him
>>
I fucking hate this movie. Wasted potential. The first 15-20 mins is the most lazy checklist shit Ive seen in a long time
>>
>>87830877
>Good...

... for the type of normie that enjoys mindless crap like Baymorphers.

>Okay...

... for DCEU defenders that refuse to admit most of their movies have been bad so far ("FUN IS BAAAD, BUT IT'S OKAY IF SS HALF-ASSES IT!")

>Bad

For everyone else.

I was actually bored in the theater, action was shit, story was stupid, constant pop music was cancerous, and terrible editing was annoying as fuck (inb4 le editing doesn't matter meme).

I mean it's not even meme worthy like BvS, it's just... There, like rotting garbage at the bottom of a waste bin.

Solid Waller and Diablo, surprisingly decent Leto Joker, and stellar swamp witch Enchantress are reasons enough to give it a watch on a Stream or something.
>>
>>87830877
Good
>>
>>87832550
It's the one time Snyder directing could have benefited a movie, ironically enough.

Well I guess 300 was as good as it was going to get with him too,

>>87832511
Nah. I'm not one to ever support the ingrained mentality meme used to defend BvS, but in Aquaman's case it's actually true due to their main exposure to him coming from Super Friends and Family Guy jokes.
but still.
>>
>>87830877
It was a bad movie but entertaining if you're into capeshit movies.
>>
>>87832353
> but no right to say it's actually good any kind of technical level.

it was well directed, every shot was well framed and the characters were really good
>>
>>87832650
None of this is true in any way at all.
>>
<87832577
[yuo}
>>
>>87832650
Wait are characters a technical aspect? I thought technical aspects were only about how the movie was made.
>>
>>87832650
You can barely call Kitana, Croc, and Slipknot characters. Boomerang only gets a pass given how well Jai Courtney worked with what little he was given
>>
>>87832279
I'm most interested in the follow up standalone Batman and SUperman movies. I'm cautious about Wonder Woman and I have zero expectations with Aquaman. I want to be excited for the Flash but I have literally nothing to be excited about. Here's hoping they don't shit the bed with Justice League
>>
>>87830877
For me it was weird. By all accounts i should have fucking loathed this movie yet, i didn't.In fact i enjoyed it. Could be the tons of fucking fan service in the movie, i don't know. Maybe i'll hate it more the second time i watch it. That has happened before with some other movies.
>>
>>87831705
Looks like something out of Saints Row.
BTW i liked the Joker's look. *shrugs*
>>
>>87832357
> Supervillains
> giving a shit about eachother

wew wtf
>>
>>87833834
they don't even give them time to really become a team. They curbstomped all the enemies when ever they attacked (A whole grand total of 2 times) it's not even comradery through hardship and what little bullshit "I feel you" connection Harley and Smith-Eye had was edited down so hard that it's a real "huh?" moment in the movie.
>>
>>87832874
so? the time they still did well with the time they had, and so did every other character. Its like complaining that Paul Rudd didnt get enough time in Civil War or something, not every character needs to be a main character.
>>
>>87832686
look at the arguments the marlels make; its a big fat nothing
>>
HONKA HONKA
>>
>>87832768
then they were well acted and written
>>
>>87834201
its hunka hunka you fucking idiot, its an elvis reference, underage leave
>>
>>87834211
Somebody get this Honka Honka outta here
>>
It was a fun movie, but Joker suffered from the script making him just Harley's loyal loving boyfriend so that it he would be marketable to women and not offend anyone in this pc Era we live in. A more faithful Joker would have laughed at the idea of Harley having a bomb in her neck and left her to rit in her cell while he messed around with Batman. Other than that I enjoyed the movie for what it was.
>>
dug the aesthetics, visuals, choreography, characters and some of the music and think it would of been a solid little film had it not been so horribly hacked by the execs.

As it stands while not bad, its objectively not good either due to how badly it was put together. Felt like a shittier (Albeit still aesthetically pleasing) version of the Warriors or something.
>>
Thought it was bad, the only character I liked was Deadshot. Harley was obnoxious as fuck (accurate to the comics I guess, still didn't make my viewing experience enjoyable) and the other characters were barelly used. Laughable villain and shit action/lightning, you could barely see what was happening half the time. Whoever did the editing should be shot on sight and never work in Hollywood again.

Say what you want about BvS, but at least it had good action and great visuals. SS didn't even have that going for it.
>>
>>87832650

>every shot was well framed

What? The framing was a big reason why the action was so terrible, it was just these close-up singles on each individual character doing something "badass" without any connection between them. You could have arranged them into any order you wanted to and would have made as much sense. Every action shot in the film looked like a variant comic cover from the 90's of someone trying to look cool and failing.

Though at least Ayer knows how to frame a conversation, so that's something he's got ahead of Snyder.
>>
>>87832251
>mods are finally doing their job properly
>still refuse to delete bait/shitposting

Kek. Just because they keep up appearances doesnt mean they're actually doing their job.
>>
>>87836561
Yeah they still don't delete the 500 SU threads.
>>
I never seen a more incompetent Waller.
>>
>>87837961

Which makes this movie ten shades of bullshit.
>>
>>87833906
Did Slipknot ever get a Flashback or did he always get setup to die super easy.
>>
>>87831633
>>87831575
>>87831633

Are you RETARDED?

What happened, is that the scene where he would come back was CUT.

What you got was a weird transition that doesnt show what happened.

This is extremelly incompetent for anyone who knows shit about storytelling.
>>
>>87834190
Except Paul had an entire damn movie to flesh him out before that. I'm not saying Croc and Kitana needed solos, but they're practically nonexistent in this movie. Hell half of these people share lines with each other, and we're supposed to buy this family bullshit?
>>
>>87838154
The Deadshot not killing Harley part was pretty bad but I could let it slide. Diablo talking about family felt like it came out of nowhere though.

All it would take was a few lines to change this too; it would have been so easy. After a fight he could tell Deadshot "you're not so bad, man" maybe laugh at one of Boomerang's jokes and get comforted by Katana. It would take a grand total of 1 and a half minutes to make that scene work.
>>
>>87830877
It's okay

Like if you took all cape movies, and had them stacked up from crap to cream with a bar separating the two,
Suicide Squad would be on the cream side but kinda close to the bar. Like most Xmen movies or the Thor flicks.
>>
>>87830877
It was okay. There were very real problems with it due to obvious last-minute changes (that cut to the Enchantress/bomb laying scene right before they release Incubus was one of the worst cuts I've ever seen.) But it definitely wasn't as bad as critics desperately tried to convince people.

>>87830948
Yeah, I think Leto was probably the best film Joker we've ever had.
>>
>>87830877
It was so bad it was good.
>>
>>87838597
>The Deadshot not killing Harley part was pretty bad but I could let it slide.

Why? That was immediately after Waller had betrayed them all. Of course Deadshot wouldn't do what she says unquestioningly
>>
>>87839452
I don't think they had enough of a connection for Deadshot not to take the risk. If there was even a slight chance that Waller was telling the truth then Deadshot would have definitely taken the shot unless they built up some bond.
>>
File: jeremy-jahns-really-liked-it.jpg (547KB, 1269x713px) Image search: [Google]
jeremy-jahns-really-liked-it.jpg
547KB, 1269x713px
>>87830877
>>
>>87830877
It was shockingly bad. The non-extended version, at least. I rarely go to the movies those days, but having watched my share of 2016's capeshit (Deadpool, BvS, Civil War), I was surprised by how lackluster this movie was.

>The songs trying to do the same thing GotG did but ending up being jarring as fuck
>Three helicopter crashes in different parts of the movie
>That Slipknot
>Also the bad cliche flashbacks

It had some good stuff but the bad part was overwhelming. That's like a 3 or 4/10.
>>
>>87830877
It was an alright movie that was butchered in editing and became an awful one. There are some neat things in it, but in-service of nothing, essentially.
>>
>>87839888
I maintian my current opinion which is that even the hackjob theatrical cut of Suicide Squad was more enjoyable than the theatrical cut of Dawn of Justice. Most audiences could tolerate Suicide Squad's script, they found Dawn of Justice boring and missing key scenes crucial to plot. Suicide Squad was jumbled but still worked.
>>
>>87830877
Bad
>>
>>87830877
it was a thing released in theaters that i got to saw.
>>
Perhaps SS's biggest sin is being forgettable
>>
>>87830948
this. best joker imo was batman TAS with hamill. But letos wasn't bad at all. anyone who really hated it was a normie who just only knows the nolan trilogy joker and wanted something edgier. Only complaint I really had was just the lack of abuse between harley and joker. Otherwise film was pretty good.
>>
>>87830877
The only cape movie I actually turned off. I don't know why it just really didn't hold me at all.
>>
BvS was okay at best, but I liked it quite a bit.
SS is just plain bad and a mess though
>>
>>87844269
Harley relationship aside (which was a HUGE fuckup in my book), the only other thing that bothered me about Leto joker besides the tattoos was the snarling. Had he been given more scenes where he looked like he was having fun and less zoning out weirdo I might have forgave it
>>
>>87830877
Just okay.

>>87831407
>>87830948
Extended Edition is worse imo, it just makes the movie longer without really adding anything that improves the movie in any way. Additional runtime that only adds additional runtime.
>>
>>87830877
Bad but nowhere near as bad as Fant4stic or Green Lantern like the SJW shill critics said it was
>>
>>87831385
>I also think that they shouldn't have killed Enchantress, what a waste

She's magic, she can come back.
>>
File: getaload.jpg (146KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
getaload.jpg
146KB, 496x496px
>>87839417
>Yeah, I think Leto was probably the best film Joker we've ever had.

5/10, he was okay
>>
>>87844269
>Only complaint I really had was just the lack of abuse between harley and joker.
ok mr. Edgelord
>>
>>87845882
>complaining about inaccuracies is edgy
>>
>>87845924
>inaccuracies
it's not supposed to be exactly the same as the comic you sperg.

and yes, complaining bout lack of abuse is edgy as fuck
>>
>>87830877

It was okay. Unusually ambitious featuring supervillains instead of heroes for the first time, mostly no names apart from Will Smith, super obscure team that no one cares about, magical badguy. I'm surprised this movie made a profit at all. I think the Joker is a bigger draw than WB thought.

I think it was alright but like all DC movies it had serious editing problems as in could have been 15 minutes longer/shorter. Basically the movie felt like it was missing something. Hated that magic brother thing. Should have just been Enchantress as the bad guy. Could have used one more Flash and one more Batman scene. Joker was alright though he didn't really need all the tattoos to be convincing.
>>
>>87831385

I'd be interested to see the extended cut as well.
>>
>>87830877
I want to say it was shit like anyone else but it actually wasn't the worst movie ever as critics said.

I hated the editing and the constant songs. I think that either Ayer phoned in the whole script or it was butchered in the making. There was something good there.

But I really liked The Joker in the extended cut (seriously though Leto got a brazilian wax for 10 minutes?) and fuck WB for marketing the movie with his face plastered everywhere and not delivering.
>>
>>87846032
edgy because that is literally the relationship between the characters through out the entire series until this point?

did you have a bad day anon?

were you triggered?
>>
>>87831854
> Anyone who disagrees with me is lying.

U don't say.
>>
File: morrison.png (807KB, 720x712px) Image search: [Google]
morrison.png
807KB, 720x712px
I don't understand how can you say tha Leto's Joker is edgy when we got supreme memelord edgemaster Ledger in TDK.
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.