[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: dick.png (915KB, 579x723px) Image search: [Google]
dick.png
915KB, 579x723px
What the fuck went wrong?
>>
I couldn't fap to anything in that movie
>>
The pacing was really strange and made the movie feel far longer than it actually was. It also went completely off the fucking rails on the ending and I have no idea why they felt the need to do what they did, it retroactively makes the movie seem shittier.
>>
>>87824139
A decade too late, considering that most other Pixar films have had their characters grown up, this one is set by the lifespan of a fish.
>>
The narrative wasn't as organic as old pixar, it felt.....staged
>>
The character dynamics didn't really work out well. Marlin is a straight man playing off Dory, while Nemo is a straight man playing off the tank fish. Pairing them together when they're so in sync makes for a great father/son relationship, but pretty poor entertainment. Nobody really wants to watch a son get along with his loving father for 90 minutes.

On the other hand Dory got paired up with another eccentric character, albeit a darker, more misanthropic eccentric character. Hank had his own weird shit going on, so he didn't really give Dory any grounding at all. Instead of having a straight man to move them forward and eccentric Dory doing her own thing and being funny, it was 90 minutes of Dory swimming aimlessly in circles, reminding us that her debilitating mental disorder isn't actually all that funny, while shitty, shifty Hank continuously tried to take advantage of her. That wasn't really very entertaining either.
>>
>>87824160
not even the whale-shark?
>>
I didn't even know it came out for like a month because no one on /co/ was talking about it
>>
>>87824139
not as great a story as the first. i still enjoyed it though. it was so pretty to look at. especially the septopus. goddamn hank was so cool.
>>
It wasn't that terrible of a movie and, if I was typing this perhaps three months ago, my opinions would be backed up by greater detail. However, I haven't seen it in a while, now.

I can say that Finding Nemo did not need a sequel and, therefore, this movie did not feel like a continuation of a previous story- just something else with the same characters thrown in. However, the interactions and frustrations that we saw Nemo and Marlin have with Dory was a neat tiptoe around mental illness and, as such, it lent to some, albeit slight, character development for Dory beyond being a silly fish voiced by Ellen Degeneres. It was neat how audiences were given information as Dory herself recalled it which, did however, contribute to the slow pacing as one anon above said it suffered from which I do agree with despite being, in my own opinion and nothing more, an artistic choice that fit the tone.

Also, the sea lions were hilarious and so was the truck ending- get fukt.
>>
>>87829771
>putting what a wonderful world in an ironically chaotic scene
man im in fucking stitches over here, just like the other previous 5000000th times i saw it
>>
>>87829771
>>I can say that Finding Nemo did not need a sequel and, therefore, this movie did not feel like a continuation of a previous story- just something else with the same characters thrown in.
It really doesn't help that the movie doesn't even start to become its own thing for the first 20 minutes. All that time is spent recycling past characters, past jokes, past situations, past everything in a "Oh, do you remember THIS? We remember!" sort of way. Eventually they hit the public aquarium and the movie starts to become its own thing, but by that point the well has been poisoned and it's really hard to think of the movie as anything other than a leech suckling at the old movie's corpse.

Monster's University didn't really need to get made either, but it didn't have that feeling of being a hanger-on because it let itself be its own thing right from the beginning.
>>
>>87825137
Originally, the Tank Gang was going to be a big part of Marlin and Nemo's subplot with them devising the plans to sneak inside the Institute. Like they had become the A-Team after they got out of those bags. Also friction between Marlin and Gill over whose the better father figure for Nemo or whatever.

They got cut and slapped into that credits scene that made no sense because it distracted too much from the Dory A-Plot.
>>
>>87832327
>Also friction between Marlin and Gill over whose the better father figure for Nemo or whatever.

That seems like stupid forced drama. Especially since the biggest moment Nemo had while being in the tank was after being inspired by his dad's actions.
>>
>>87832327
How did they survive in plastic bags for a whole year?
>>
File: finding_dory_checklist.png (212KB, 536x4507px) Image search: [Google]
finding_dory_checklist.png
212KB, 536x4507px
>>87824139
>Segourney Weaver heavily-advertised non-character
>Story has several beats similar to Nemo
>Funny Dory replaced with usual Disney Crybaby Weakling
>Unfocused narrative that places more emphasis on having a big TV Tropes page than telling a story.
>Childishly optimistic ending that is like if SeaWorld lost Shamu.

As well as the stuff in pic.
>>
>>87824139
It was played safe and a rehash of the first one.
Some details about Hank were missing and we all know he's just there to make finding hank in the distant future.
>>
>>87825137
I loved Hank. Thought he was a great character & played off of Dory well; he wasn't a typical straight man, but I felt he was close enough for it to work out. Maybe I just like the "asshole with a heart of gold" trope.
>>
Disney sucked out all the creativity out of Pixar.There are dark times ahead.Animation is getting stale.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.