[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 257
Thread images: 27

File: south-park-star-wars-feature.jpg (51KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
south-park-star-wars-feature.jpg
51KB, 618x412px
Was he right?
>>
Yes. The Force Awakens was fucking terrible, and only liked for nostalgia bait.
>>
>>87823277
Yes but Im fucking sick of hearing about it. This season's plotline is garbage
>>
>>87823277
The Force Awakens wasn't that bad. The script was solid, if a bit too comedy heavy, the plot was solid with quality pacing, if not too derivative of earlier films.

It was the inoffensive prequel apology people wanted and needed to see before they trusted Disney with the license.

If Episode 8 pulls the same bullshit, we'll see Episode 7 a lot worse, of Episode 8 is fantastic and original, we'll know Disney made the right call.
>>
>>87823313
im only glad that it wasnt another fucking pre/midquel. someday they'll remake 4-6
>>
>>87823413
are you saying that like it's a good thing?
>>
trump isnt representative of the republican party but the republican party is the party of member berries. republicans just want things to go back to when white people were at the top of the food chain and there were only two genders.
>>
File: IMG_1593.gif (170KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1593.gif
170KB, 640x480px
>>87823400
Well fucking said
/fuckingthread
>>
>>87823277
Nah. He probably thinks the old Star Wars movies are actually good.
>>
Good movie in my opinion, but then again I liked suicide squad so what would I know.
>>
>>87823466
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>87823590
It doesn't take into consideration that half the population wouldn't have a place in that fantasy. Where are they supposed to go?
>>
>>87823466
This is what leftists unironically believe
>>
>>87823277
Damn fucking right he was. One of the worst movies of the decade. The only reason it got 92% was because Disney bribed critics to give it good reviews for diversity and feminism.
>>
>>87823400
The real issue was just how safe it was. This is the problem with disney movies. They're dumb summer block that are generic as fuck. I hate pretty much all of Synder's work but it was different and definitely tried something new. They were bad but the marvel universe just feels so bland and inoffensive they felt even more cynical.
>>
What do you guys think of Randy's new hit single?

https://youtu.be/-SvhLaHRvUs
>>
>>87823400
>if not too derivative of earlier films.
The movie was A New Hope with the names scribbled out and new ones written in.
>>
>>87823590
Because progress is a good thing. member berries are anti-progress. if everyone did everything that was safe and comfy society would end. People who aren't afraid of doing things differently are the ones who move society forward. progress is scary but necessary.
>>
>>87823466
Why shouldn't a group of people that spent 2+ millennia waging nonstop war and perfecting the craft of supreme dominance be allowed to rule? At this point you can't say that white people haven't earned it.
>>
>>87823756
How naive are you?
>>
>>87823774
That explains why 90% of that time whitey was taking it up the ass from persians, huns, arabs and turks.
>>
>>87823774
That may be so but its not healthy. It's autistic to want everything to stay the same.
>>
I feel like the whole thing is leading up to a joke about Rogue One.
>>
At least the new characters were cool.
>>
>>87823859
>this is what a person that only took mandatory history classes and has wikipedia intelligence believes

>>87823871
It's more autistic to think that the world needs to play fair and give everyone a swing at life. Whites do war better than anyone else, ever. We split the atom just to annihilate an entire city of yellow people with a bomb. Then we did it again because why the fuck not, they didn't surrender fast enough. Then in the subsequent major war MacArthur wanted to drop ANOTHER a-bomb on some yellows because he saw how well they turned into carbon silhouettes.

No one else deserves to rule like whites do. We make outraged fat black women look like saints.
>>
>>87823277
He's right about TFA, and wrong about everything else involving 'Memberberries. I've got nothing to be nostalgic about, and I still wouldn't have voted for Turd Sandwich. And I'm pretty sure the US isn't in its "Bread and Circuses" stage, since Americans still have to pay for both of those things.
>>
>>87824060
>person who thinks there exists some mystical unbroken 2000+ year old chain of american gladiator style game shows that turned whitey into the perfect killing machine talking shit about someone else's history knowledge
>>
>force awakens shoves feminazi mary sues and negroes into every crevice in between the old salvaged shit
>ultimate baddie in force awakens is whitey
>Matt and Trey think Force Awakens in responsible for electing literally Hitler

I don't get it.
>>
>>87824153
>he thinks 90% loses is a realistic number
Weeeewwwwwwwww brownie, those revisionist textbooks ain't helping you great deal here.
>>
>>87823277
Well it's his opinion. I liked it.
>>
This may well be the worst season in years.

I never thought they'd try to stretch a single joke out for so long after they abandoned killing Kenny. At least Kenny could be amusing with how they did it, the member-berries are just so forced and unfunny. It might have worked in a self contained ep, but this has dragged on well past the point where it's even slightly amusing
>>
File: 1446830476455.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1446830476455.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
>>87823466
>implying there will ever be a time when there are more than two genders

My goodness, they don't call this place /co/mblr for nothing
>>
>>87824060

Why do faggots like you keep piggybacking on the successes of your ancestors and anyone else who shares your skin color like it matters? You're like a leech, desperately latching on to the achievements of others and lurking in their shadows in the hopes that some of the glory that a few outstanding individuals achieved through their own hard work will rub off on you. If Neil Armstrong or Albert Einstein saw you shitposting here, attempting to claim their personal triumphs as some sort of collective win for the "white race" they'd laugh at you, and then probably continue to move on and actually do shit with their lives.
>>
While TFA is too reliant on aping ANH I feel it did enough things different to take episode 8 and 9 in a more interesting direction.
I thought Kylo Ren was a great character and I love the deceptive marketing surrounding him. I honestly expected him to just be a Vader 2.0 but we all know he'd never live up to Vader so they took advantage of that and made a literal Vader wannabe who's insecure about not living up to grandpappy's legacy.
>>
>>87823466
>and there were only two genders.

There are.
>>
>>87823400
Third post best post.
It played it incredibly safe, yes, because it almost needed to in order to reestablish the flavor of the universe.
>>
>>87823313
I never saw a star wars film before the force awakens and i liked it.
>>
File: 1479577667202.jpg (13KB, 397x311px) Image search: [Google]
1479577667202.jpg
13KB, 397x311px
>had a lot of fun with TFA
>liked the character Kylo Ren a lot and thought he was a bit of a breath of fresh air in the franchise

>apparently it's all just NOSTALGIA and YOU KNOW IT WAS BASICALLY JUST A REMAKE RIGHT

I am so sick of hearing these arguments.
>>
>>87823277
Yes the new star wars sucked.
No the change in ideology isn't founded on nostalgia. Nor is anything that suggests the past had admirable qualities inherently wrong.
Mat and Trey went full retard.
>>
>>87824329
So to summarize...
>WE WUZ KANGS
>but you whiteys ain't nothing
Brevity, anon. Brevity.
>>
>>87824329
You are being too hard on anon, anon, he had a really rough life. Why just the other day he had to sit next to a black guy on the bus, such oppression and genocide is horrible for white folks.
>>
>>87823701
>This is the problem with disney movies.
No, it's a problem with audiences, who gladly eat up shit without question, and any time somebody wants something more from a genre, like Snyder does, he is met with derision and scorn for the grave sin of thinking outside the box. People are dumb and deserve all the trite, formulaic dung they get.
>>
>>87823277
Yes
>>
>>87824458
lol wut?
>>
>>87824461
What if he wasn't white?
>>
>>87824490
He assumes that everybody latches onto their skin tone as a collective accomplishment.
>>
>>87823466
>when white people were at the top of the food chain

We still are.

>there were only two genders.

There still are.

If you think Trump's victory was about racism and not economics you're literally retarded.

While Hillary was talking to empty seats at Ivy League colleges Trump was entertaining full stadiums in the Rust Belt. Whining about race is reflexive of coddled liberal children, who see everything through the perspective of skin tone. You folks have this sick sense of racial feng shui that's more racist than anything Trump has so far said or done.

Matt and Trey are just upset they got out-trolled.
>>
File: 1370147780853.png (87KB, 260x324px) Image search: [Google]
1370147780853.png
87KB, 260x324px
>>87824458

Sure, go ahead and deflect.
>>
>>87824471
>like Snyder does, he is met with derision and scorn for the grave sin of thinking outside the box

Least TFA can get dialogue and a decent story across better than anything Hack Synder can.
>>
>>87824502
A faggot is still a faggot no matter how much melanin they have in their skin.
>>
>>87824461
This is pretty funny, can you show us the full tumblr post when you're done with it?
>>
>>87824544
You mean be right?

Hell, it's what we do best.
>>
>>87824559
so if he's not white, he's a race traitor, gotcha
>>
>>87824559
That's a very homophobic thing to say.
>>
>>87824596
did that joke trigger you? Do you need to go back to your safespace and read some turner diaries?
>>
>>87824502
Then he intentionally submitting himself and other members of his race as a inferior race than white humans just because of his/her skin tone.
>>
>>87824564
Sure, let me know when you are done with your infographic on white genocide on /pol/
>>
>>87824618
What does Ted Turner have to do with any of this?
>>
>>87824594

Right about what? Your post was a non-sequitur.

Who "we", do you have DID or something?
>>
Why are people racist?
>>
>>87824548
Literally what was the story in TFA? A stormtrooper gone AWOL and a mary sue take down Death Star 3.0 and then Mark Hamill appears after credits.

MoS or Watchmen had more compelling, more clearly defined and better pace plots where characters actually do things.
>>
>>87823859
Why would you pretend to know about history on the internet?

>>87824060
You're barely better
>>
Why does it matter what race you are?
>>
>>87824695

3/10, I am replying, only because you included Watchmen.
>>
>>87824695
kek
>>
>>87824652
Made money and got educated through my own means, and provided another little contribution of proof towards white superiority.

Though jews, chinks, and indians are doing pretty well in this country, too. Thanks to playing ball with us whites, of course.
>>
>>87824733
The Jews control the whites, though. Haven't you ever been to /pol/?
>>
>>87823859
Yet not anymore. And now whitey is orders of magnitude richer than all those civilizations combined.
>>
>>87824733

>Made money and got educated through my own means

Yeah, sitting through that McDonald's training video must've been so hard.

>and provided another little contribution of proof towards white superiority

I'm sure your "contribution" looks real nice right next to "splitting the atom" and whatever other shit you like to take credit for.

>Thanks to playing ball with us whites, of course.

Priceless.
>>
>>87824422
But it was just a remake. The writing was incredibly lazy in this sense.
>>
>>87824826
Nice burns, darkie.
>>
>>87823400
Man, it was basically a Star wars mad-lib using A New Hope as the script.
>>
A fairly competent film, with too many centered close up shots, and a mary sue character that could've easily been Poe Dammeron with minimal editing.
>>
>>87824840

Thanks, neckbeard.
>>
>>87824840
Come on, anon. He's just butthurt that the police coming to arrest him is most likely going to be white.
>>
>>87824826
>t. cucked white liberal
How's that self loathing working out for you? Still mooching off momy and daddy?
>>
This board is pure fucking cancer.
>>
>>87824775
You can thank the spanish crown, protestant christianity and the scientific revolution for that, not killing each other, because everyone else was doing it too.
>>
>>87824772
>Haven't you ever been to /pol/
Why would I go into that piece of shit meme generating echo chamber when as a white person I know full well that I don't need the crutch of group affirmation to my superiority over every other group of people. Meanwhile, in every POC/LGBTQ site, it's nothing but group hypnosis into thinking they have a chance of equality with the proven alpha race.

>>87824826
So, your comeback is... McDonalds.

Your mother and absent father must be very proud.
>>
>>87824685
Ignorance, or poor people who can't afford to bounce back from getting fucked when they pretend to be "color-blind", take your pick.
>>
File: 1471823113938.gif (1MB, 392x400px) Image search: [Google]
1471823113938.gif
1MB, 392x400px
>>87824863
>implying I can grow a beard
>>
>>87823756
>Because progress is a good thing
Not inherently. Give me one logical reason why it is. Dying is progress. Disease is progress. Literally anything other than what you are and were is progress.
Progressivism is truncated logic for simpletons. There is no other way to frame it. Hell, even cold utalitarianism is more compatiable with reality. Progressivism doesn't care about the property of an action or item so long as it is new. It will be the death of everything if the ideology ever catches on with people that aren't ineffectual.
>b-but my candidate likes progressivism
No they don't. They use it.
>>
File: 1366502642034.gif (2MB, 333x194px) Image search: [Google]
1366502642034.gif
2MB, 333x194px
>>87824883
>>87824863
>>87824912

>all this projection

Just gonna keep throwing stuff at the wall until it stick, eh? Have I hit a nerve?
>>
Finally, a good question.

First we need to establish what racism means. Generally speaking it's used in modern terms accusatorily and as a form of thoughtcrime. It's been redefined by socially powerful intellectuals to act as a litmus test for political loyalty.

The "power + privilege" definition is woefully inadequate, for reasons I'll clarify later. For now, understand that racism only means the belief that one's value to society is determined by one's skin color. That's it.

If you believe that a white person or a black person or any other ethnic or racial representative is more or less valuable to society because of their melanin, you are a racist by definition.

So the question now returns to what it was originally - why? I think the best way to answer this question is with another one - why not? What's so bad about being a racist?

I'm not asking this because I believe racism is positive, please don't misunderstand. We've got to get the terms all out before we can discuss it further.
>>
File: 1410791970913.jpg (118KB, 599x880px) Image search: [Google]
1410791970913.jpg
118KB, 599x880px
>>87823466
I just want this season to end because I hate how all the South Park threads devolve into politics.

Captcha: WALLACE Mexico

Even the fucking captcha is in this. Fuck.
>>
>>87824329
So then reperations are bullshit, right? So too would all the 'systematic' factors because of 'America's histroy', yes?
Cool
>>
>>87824471
No the problem with Synder is that his shit is wooden and forced. It's a bunch of set pieces and cardboard. The real example should have been kubo which while safe did it masterfully well yet did poorly compared to Zootopia.
>>
>>87824953
I'm glad that south park went full political this season. It channels the bullshit away from other threads surprisingly effectively.
>>
>>87824933
We'll leave the blind spear chucking to you.

Meanwhile, I'll enjoy not having a criminal record and being employable.
>>
>>87824918
What kind of white man can't grow a beard?
>>
>>87824986

What are you even talking about? You guys sure do have a hard time actually addressing arguments.
>>
>>87823277
Episode VII is a fanfiction garbage
>>
>>87823277
>no one appreciating the time and effort the one artist went through to make a south park version of the star wars poster
>>
>>87825010
Simply asking a question, friend. You 'guys' sure do have a hard time answering straight forward queries.
>>
>>87823277
Yes, TFA was even movie and you should express it by voting Clinton but you didn't and Star Wars are doomed.

Also nice SW related dubs.
>>
>>87825002
>Meanwhile, I'll enjoy not having a criminal record and being employable
But he can enjoy those things too. "Less likely: isn't a substitute for "absolute certainty for every single time"
and what the fuck is wrong with spears? Spears are great.
>>
>>87825002

I'm not really sure how employable you'll be when you're trying to explain to the interviewer why you spent 20+ years collecting disability and posting to stormfront, but good luck anyway.

>>87825052

Your question was irrelevant. You might as well have posted some shit about chemtrails or lizard people or whatever other stupid shit you buy into.
>>
>>87823400
>it wasn't that bad except for all the flaws
Uh....OK?
>>
>>87825010
He is saying that if whites can't piggyback off of the past successes of their ancestors because they aren't their successes, then it's unreasonable to expect them to pay a financial reparation for the act of slavery done more than a century ago because it's not their crime.

Jesus fuck, can you not understand that?
>>
>>87825097
What movie, even a good one, doesn't have flaws?

Tell me, please.
>>
>>87825102

At no point did I mention reparations or anything else resembling that. No, I can't really understand what the fuck the U.S.'s history with slavery had to do with what I posted.
>>
What the fuck is going on in this thread?
>>
>>87825102
>then it's unreasonable to expect them to pay a financial reparation for the act of slavery done more than a century ago because it's not their crime.
agreed, but where did anon imply that they were for reparations?
>>
>>87823277
>A BLOO BLOO TOO CLOSE TO NEW HOPE
>BLOO BLOO REY IS A MARY SUE
>WHY DIDN'T ABRAMS ADD Y-WINGS SHIT MOVIE 0/10 WORSE THAN PHANTOM MENACE

I knew this would happen

Already trying to discredit the movie after widespread praise just like the prequels
>>
>>87825097
>nit picking

Go away /tv/
>>
>>87825092
Nice deflection. I suppose sometimes a question without an answer serves as its own answer, huh? Very telling.

>>87825102
As you can see by his response to you there will be no discussion. There's no going 'off-script' for this poster.

>>87825162
When did a question become indicative of prior knowledge you defensive cretin? I simply asked for a answer. I'd say I've gotten one.
>>
>>87825177
People who defend this film shouldn't be allowed to post Chain. It's an insult to the character.
>>
>>87824650
Turner Diaries is a shitty book made by some white supremacist.
>>
>>87825177
At least Phantom Menace had a script that wasnt a copy paste
At least Phantom Menace's main character wasnt a blatant mary sue

Phantom Menace is a worse movie, but Episode 7 was a far lazier movie.
>>
>>87825196
Glib fascimile
>>
>>87825218
>Nice deflection. I suppose sometimes a question without an answer serves as its own answer, huh? Very telling.

Meh, alright. No, white people shouldn't have to pay reparations for shit they didn't do.

Now what comes next? You gonna actually address my original post? You gonna pelt me with more irrelevant questions? Or are you gonna smugly retreat back to /pol/ and tell them how you totally owned the big bad SJWs on /co/mblr?
>>
>>87825177
>all the prequels had widespread praise

Christ, you're a special kind of retard, aren't you?
>>
it was really weird how TFA shoved nostalgia down your throat while at the same time shitting over the old characters and making it so that everything they fought for was for nothing
>>
>>87825177
Are you retarded.
>>87825155
/co/ is more political than /pol/
>>
>>87825312
>At least Phantom Menace's main character wasnt a blatant mary sue

...who was the Phantom Menace's main character, exactly?
>>
>>87825330
Neither. I have no position on your original point. I don't see a problem with divorcing an individual from their ethinic history but neither do I see taking pride in it has baseless either.
>>
>>87825379
It was either Qui-Gonn or Jar-Jar.
>>
>>87823655
To the gas chambers, obviously.
>>
>>87825379
Well that was the other thing, it didnt rely on having a set main character. Technically Anakin was the main character of Episode 1 but much of the cast got enough spotlight that it wasnt drowned in his poor acting.

Unlike Episode 7 which revolved around one character fairly heavily. Just more of its poor writing. J. J. Abrams isnt very good at juggling multiple characters, and while the movie was pretty much a copy-paste of A New Hope, New Hope at least had some other fun little characters that took enough spotlight from Luke to make it not all about Luke.
>>
>>87825155
This pussy grabs back
>>
File: 1477475019002.png (339KB, 577x660px) Image search: [Google]
1477475019002.png
339KB, 577x660px
>mfw nostalgia-fags tricked me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSaaa_OBkzw
>>
>>87825139
Cat from outer space
>>
>>87823655
Away. We live in the global age of the international community don't we? ,':^)
>>
>>87824166
Imagine getting this upset because a movie recognizes that women and black people exist
>>
>>87825481
No one who says that sincerely has the PC muscles to grab anything.
>>
>>87823277

Force awakens was better than the prequels, but it was still an overall weak movie that was saved for some amazing visuals. It's sad when you feel more compelled by the stormtroopers than any of the main charactes.
>>
>>87825520
>>87825444
What if they don't want to die or go away?
>>
>>87823400
Well said, nigger.
>>
File: dog unamused.png (286KB, 489x660px) Image search: [Google]
dog unamused.png
286KB, 489x660px
>>87823277
>>87823313

I always say it's supposed to be what Episode 1 should've been like in essence. When the Ep 1 came it was like 20 years since the last film so a nostalgia trip would've been okay. But we already had the prequels, the cg movie, and the shows so this retread just seems like a step back. I'm going to assume they won't do that a second time but this is Disney, they'll run this formula into the ground.
>>
>itt: castrated cuck numales and pocs complain that whites have risen to the top and that it's not "fair"
>>
File: 1479248684550.jpg (592KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1479248684550.jpg
592KB, 960x960px
>>87826373
>>
This place is worse than /b/ and /pol/
>>
>>87824396
That's the idea behind it.
If you don't know anything about Star Wars but the general gist, hurr durr I am your father hurr people with glowing sticks and telekinesis, that and nothing more, it's fine.
That is to say, it isn't, because as a continuation it is fucking abysmal.
It resets the status quo Return of the Jedi was supposed to have shaken up. The Republic is innefectual as fuck, the Empire still controls at least half the galaxy, is able to built a Super Death Star five times the volumetric size of the original, the Republican Army has like 12 X-Wings total at their command, and all in all it's just a rehash that doesn't take itself seriously and thus feels like a Marvel movie (which I like about the Marvel movies and nowhere else).
The lead is unlikeable and a female power fantasy that overpowers everyone in her way and doesn't need no man, which makes the OT cast look even weaker in comparison than the fact that they canonically achieved nothing.
Kylo Ren is the most interesting new character because he is conflicted and his development can actually still go either way.

tl;dr: Pic related.
>>
>>87824856
I for one would have welcomed our new overlord Poe.
If Rey was a even a bit as likeable as he is, I'd be out on the streets defending her. As she isn't, I amn't.
>>
>>87826434
It's shopped so that his beard and his hair have swapped places, right? Because if it isn't, the man is a human hedgehog.
>>
>>87826774
TFA was a really big Marvel movie. Whenever I think of the film, I just remember the part when FN asks if Rey has a boyfriend. I remember even in the theater, feeling like that was out of place in a Star Wars film. There have been humor in the Star Wars films but it was never that outright quippy. The only thing worse would be a prequel that has characters talking about the jedi and stealing the death star plans, that kind of detracts from episode 4.
>>
>>87827092
The one scenes I always remember is Finn reacting annoyed to Han sticking his chin out to get him to notice Rey behind them. Also Finn getting up into Phasma's face. That was so out of place. Sure, I laughed at the time. But it's so not-Star Wars.
>>
>>87823277
Yeah. It was nostalgia bait garbage. Even the prequels were better... Except episode 2 of course, it's impossible to out-garbage 2.
>>
>>87824422

At least admit that's what it really is. No need to be ashamed in enjoying a rehash.
>>
>>87824471

>any time somebody wants something more from a genre, like Snyder does, he is met with derision and scorn for the grave sin of

...making a movie that doesn't really work as a coherent, cohesive narrative.

Nobody thinks less of Snyder for "thinking outside the box". We think less of him because he's a shitty filmmaker who hates Superman so much that he put the character in two shitty films.
>>
>>87824695

Literally what was the story in BvS? Two godmode Gary Stus fight each other, then become best friends and help a Mary Sue take down a cave troll to set up Justice League: We're Already Doing This.
>>
>>87827482
You forgot the bit in the theatrical cut where Supes is successfully blamed for shooting towelheads with bullets.
>>
>>87827092
You know what's good quip in TFA?
"That's not how the Force works!"
It's funny because it's true.
>>
>>87823277
Anyone who isnt a sheep or a normie knows that it was garbage
>>
>>87827741

That's just what a normie would say to avoid being called a normie.

You fucking normie.
>>
>>87827722
Are you talking about when Rey knows how to use force persuasion, because someone mentioned it to her once.
>>
>>87824422
You're allowed to like things you know, but people are going to dislike those things and you're going to have to deal with it.
>>
>>87827782
Or that it's outright mind control rather than nudging the weak-minded in a plausible direction.
>>
>>87827782
Rey knows how to do Force persuasion and also Force grab. Both powers took Luke one respectively two movies to master. Rey also knows how to reverse the new Force mind reading and for some reason survives being Force slammed into a tree without a scratch.
>>
>>87827782
>because someone mentioned it to her once.
Obiwan did it right in front of Luke and Luke didn't figure it out until Return
>>
Abrams is kinda shit when it comes to writing what has likely been his fan script for decades.

Good he's not written the next film.
>>
>>87827982
He almost turned down TFA JUST so he could watch it, spoiler free.

Does no one else think he only made NuNew Hope so he wouldn't spoil himself some new star wars lore while still pleasing the crowds?
>>
>>87828106
Pretty much, it was made a new introduction just not nearly or strong enough to be that.

Feel Rogue One could be even stronger than Awakens.
>>
>>87828240
This, I really dislike TFA, and while I'm no where near as hyped, I suspect I'll like Rogue One a lot more.
>>
>>87828240
>Feel Rogue One could be even stronger than Awakens.
It will be, no matter what.

It takes a vague part of the lore and expands on it. It'll add to what's familiar, while being familiar at the same time.

This wave of star wars movies should have started with Rogue One in my opinion.
>>
>>87825139
No one is saying it has to be flawless, you defensive dipshit.

We're just tired of shit being rehashed
>>
So why was Fin on a top level mission to recover a map to Luke Skywalker if that was both his first mission and he had been a sewage treatment worker on the not!Death Star?
>>
>>87825139
>good =/= flawless
>>
>>87829393
They were chasing one spy; just a bunch of grunts is fine. Kylo was there for special shit.
>>
I wish it was possible to talk about how shitty this season is withouh getting DRUMPFFFFFF as answer. Im not even american

Seriously, they are stretching the same 3-4 jokes that would have been few for one episode in some of the older seasons over the entire fucking season. With maybe 1 new small joke per Episode.
It just isnt funny, and thats what I want out of Southpark: To laugh. But I dont think I laughed more then twice watching Southpark this entire season
>>
>>87824422

Im not saying you cant enjoy it. It isnt a bad movie on its own, but its basically Episode 4, they just played Mad Libs and replaced the Names and a few details. And they arent even subtle about it.
>>
>>87829393
Phasma sees his potential and she wants to get BLACKED so she promoted him
>>
The entirely unnecessary Death Turd III did it in for me.
>>
>>87824422

>I'm sick of hearing arguments that I can't refute at all
>>
>>87823313
Somebody gets it.
>>
File: 01b.jpg (301KB, 856x1300px) Image search: [Google]
01b.jpg
301KB, 856x1300px
>>87823277

Keeping Poe throughout the movie would have saved it.

Could have taken the pilot duties from Ren and made her less of a shit mary sue. And Poe + Finn is the best chemistry. Then Finn could have started as a blunderer and ended as a smooth mother fucker buy the third movie with Finn as a role model.

Would have been a nice little arc. The making of a lando calrisian.
>>
>>87832870

Also Kylo Ren is shit becuase they are going to try to make him vader now and youll always remember that skinny shit from the first movie. It will never be the dark unknown of the original trilogy.

Making of Darth Vader fuck off JJ abrams.
>>
>>87823400
Of course the script was solid. They lifted it from A New Hope.
>>
Can someone explain to me when did Matt and Trey become SJWs?
>>
>>87823277
Yes and no.

I like the movie partially for it's member berries (basically just the look) but retreading old ground is very much a part of what stops the movie being great. That and the awful Ambramsisms. Luckily the likelihood of the following sequels following suit is low. I look forward to seeing something that's not a rehash yet still has a very 'updated but still Star Wars' look in 2017.
>>
>>87823400

Well said, this is what i miss from the original star wars
>>
>>87823400
Had too many moments that dated it, took it out of the feeling. Trying to relate to the current audience instead of being its own world.

When the ex-stormtrooper and that one guy were piloting that thing early on and they shot down something, only to go "That's what I'm talking about, that's what's up, Boo-yah" I didn't believe this was star wars anymore. This is trying to be our world, and what its doing is eating away at my immersion.

Fuck you acting like that, a child soldier for all of his life that has never thought for himself and a millitary pilot aren't going to act like that.

There are other moments, like when the ex-storm trooper said "Well use the force" so Han could go "That's not how the force works". It didn't feel like Star Wars, it felt like a nostalgia trip love note to star wars at best, because it couldn't stop self referencing itself somehow. I think people also kinda didn't get how a girl who's never held a lightsaber in her life managed to beat a sith lord, with the help of another guy who's never used a light saber before.

Fuck training and proper usage of villain being a threat, because I'm a gumptious hero who is angry that you hurt my friend, so watch my power level raise 30x.

Also the way that the Dark Side lost ten years ago or something, maybe twenty years ago. They were at their peak back then when they lost, they had the super figure head Darth Vader, they had the empreror, they had everything back then to make them at their peak. Meanwhile cut to the future, where they should be scraping by to be a threat again, they don't have maniacal figure heads and shit like that anymore. However they're now basically 20x stronger than they were in the past. Something about this seems stupid to me. You have a lizard, you cut off the main body leaving only the tail, except the tail in short order comes back as the Hulk.

I could make a more apt post on this if I had just seen it recently, but its been a few months.
>>
>>87823466
I'm sure you actually believe that

Which is why you lost the election. Since you decide your opponents views and beliefs for them and label them however you feel, section them off into the corner after you've decided for them, and their tired of it. "Someone who isn't white votes against my entirely correct liberal opinions? Its just internalized oppression, they're clearly traumatized and infested by the evil white man. Don't worry, we know what's best for you".
>>
>>87833936
>Fuck you acting like that, a child soldier for all of his life that has never thought for himself and a millitary pilot aren't going to act like that.
A child soldier who ran away because of horror at the destruction of life no less.
>>
>>87833995
>Since you decide your opponents views and beliefs for them
>"Someone who isn't white votes against my entirely correct liberal opinions? Its just internalized oppression

pfthahahahahaha
>>
>>87823466
There are only two genders.
>>
Reminder that you can take or leave the South Park season however you want, because this is still coming.
>>
>>87823466
>there used to be only two genders
>now there are hundreds
>but they're not just made-up nonsense
>you should respect them deeply
>>
>>87823313
>>87823343
The only two responses needed, and they are the first two. Good job /co/.
>>
File: static1.squarespace.com.jpg (665KB, 1000x1195px) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.com.jpg
665KB, 1000x1195px
>>87835083
Consider this.
>>
File: 803042834.jpg (55KB, 474x531px) Image search: [Google]
803042834.jpg
55KB, 474x531px
The movie gets alot more hate then it deserves, but at the same time I think alot of the criticism is valid. Overall, the people for and against the movie make some very good arguments, and I don't see why there has to be such hate. But that's what happens when you allow everyone to have and vocalize their opinions, so it can't be helped.
>>
>>87835083
>there used to be only two genders
In various culture sure. Not in others though.
>>
>>87823277
I'll admit, while it did rip off a few things from the original, it sets the stage for something different.
>>
>>87835083
There are still only two just a lot of people that think they are either both or none and that want a special word for it. There a few cultures with a third gender but most Western people that claim to be one are full of crap.
>>
File: Assigned male theory.png (915KB, 1892x1916px) Image search: [Google]
Assigned male theory.png
915KB, 1892x1916px
>>87835105

I like to imagine that this is actually what happens after every one of these comics cuts off.
>>
>>87835128
This, p. much. I thought it was just okay, but I also feel like my time being either wowed or disappointed by SW is over.
>>
>>87835201
I still get that feeling from Rebels of all things.

I just thought EP 7 was crap.
>>
>>87823277
>made Luke a smelly hobo failure who doesn't give a shit about the galaxy or his friends and family because his academy got destroyed by his nephew
>doesn't take responsibility in getting him back
>a situation completely different from Yoda and Ob-wan's exile since at the time the Empire has already overtaken any form of resistance and rebellion look like a futile thing before their victory in A New Hope while the New Order actually has to contend against not only the New Republic but the Resistance
Yes
>>
>>87835228
Agreed. TFA actually guts the OT every bit as much as the prequels do. I keep waiting for RedLetterMedia to come to their senses and give it the Plinkett treatment, the movie deserves it.
>>
>>87835228
I'm sure Luke is doing important meditation training stuff like Yoda was doing on Dagoba. It's just the end game of a Jedi to be a non participant by the end of their careers.

Got to learn how to reincarnate as a ghost and shit.
>>
File: 1479592910040.jpg (94KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1479592910040.jpg
94KB, 854x480px
>>87835105
>mfw
>>
>>87835243
Er, they already did their TFA Plinkett review.
>>
>>87826774
I liked Finn and Poe. Rey felt unlikable - not because she's a woman, but because she's a harsh character that you can't grow with because everyone trips over themselves over how she is going to change things around. I don't know about you guys, but it felt like her character was "talking down" to everyone save for Han Solo.
>>
>>87835243
Yeah, they spent like half of the Plinkett video on Force Awakens talking about shit that isn't TFA but instead the background of it, and then they barely got into the meat of why TFA is bad and instead got triggered by the existence of black people in star wars. Well not exactly, but that's the best way I can describe it without coming off as a SJW here.
>>87835470
I would like Poe more if he was in the goddamn movie.
>>
>>87835470
Finn was the best character in the movie because he wasn't trying to be someone else despite literally trying to be someone else. Even Han was trying to be good Han.
>>
>>87835252
Yoda went into exile. Obi-Wan went into hiding. Sure, it's a continuation of the theme, but it's not like it's mandatory for a Jedi to live as a hermit.
>>
>>87823774
>a group of people that spent 2+ millennia waging nonstop war

You mean every people on the planet? Tumblr -->
>>
>>87835506
>Well not exactly, but that's the best way I can describe it without coming off as a SJW here.

Too late.
>>
>>87823313
>Yes. The Force Awakens was fucking terrible, and only liked for nostalgia bait.

You know what's more annoying then people liking things for Nostalgia today? People hating things because they reference old thing.

Here is a crazy fucking idea, maybe how good or bad something is isn't determined on how many nods or fences it has to the past, but everything else. South Parks argument for the movie being terrible is just as dumb as the people who loved it only because it showed things they recognized.

Stepping back and ignoring the references, the movie was just ok. Infinitely better than the prequels at least. Better writing, story, special effects, etc. .. not that the bar was set very high, but eh. I am also waiting to see what the reveal with Rey is before I decide if it gains or loses some points in the end.
>>
>>87823277
I don't know. I enjoyed the movie though and that's really all that matters to me.
>>
>>87836193
I tried.

It just felt so unneeded while ignoring a slew of problems TFA actually had.
>>
>>87823277
Yes. It was A New Hope with less heart. The best part was the opening title roll.
>>
Can't wait for the next one to somehow shoehorn in Avengers references so people can cream their pants over a series' death throes.
>>
I was with it until they decided to just suddenly jump Rey's Jedi powers to ridiculous levels in the last act which pushed her from decent to Sue territory for me.

THE JEDI MIND TRICK IS NOT THE VOICE FROM DUNE, DAMN IT.
>>
>>87836433
I'd say the best part was the opening with Poe Dameron. It's a nice Star Wars open, and the bits with Finn and him escaping are great.

Every time I watch it I think the first parts with Poe the best, then the rest kind of peters out for me.
>>
>>87823400
>the script was solid
>the main character was completely unlikeable mary sue bullshit
>the text book black character was the only remotely well written character in the entire movie
>the entire last quarter of the movie doesn't even make sense without reading the novelization.
>they completely fail to make you care or even understand what the Republic is or why it being destroyed even matters
>>
>>87823277

While The Force Awakens was much better than the prequel trilogy, it was mainly designed to trigger nostalgia. It had no merit on its own, because it was a giant reference. I still liked it until it was clear that it's just a giant fucking death star again.

I think Rebel One will be a superior film, because they do not have to "get it right"
>>
File: reaction2.png (12KB, 468x425px) Image search: [Google]
reaction2.png
12KB, 468x425px
>>87835371
>>
>>87836812
All movies nowadays are just walking references to other movies instead of being original.

They've even started just showing the whole movie in the trailer, because who cares people will still go watch it.
>>
>>87836637
Black guy wasn't text book that's why he was good.
>>
>>87824321
Go clutch at your pearls somewhere else.
>>
>>87824528
>economics

You know that those high-paying manual labor jobs that allowed barely-functioning retards have a middle-class lifestyle aren't ever coming back, right? And coal? Fucking COAL?!!? Hahahahahaha-hahahahahaaaaa enjoy eating dirt, rocks, and twigs, you sister-fucking dimwits. Your fantasy ain't happening, you're going to lose your ACA medical coverage, your Social Security (retirement and disability), your Medicaid and Medicare, your water will be worse than Flint's, your air worse than LA's, and Trump will convert everything remotely valuable into offshore accounts while you pick through heaps of trash like Filipino garbage-eating ladyboys.
>>
No, he was left.
>>
What happens when Trump starts a war?
>>
>>87823277
IMO, force awakens was decent, but thats it. It certainly suffers for being too fanservicy, and overall, wasnt the most interesting story. Hoping the later episodes can improve.

I will never understand the "its just as bad/worse than the prequels" camp, though. I feel like people who say this forget just how god awful Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones really were.
>>
>>87838043
It's people who don't parrot internet reviewers and remember there was actually amazing shit in the prequels.
>>
File: 29357832523.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
29357832523.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
It was a well done movie, certainly not bad by itself, but in the context of Star Wars it's painfully obvious what a blatant and lazy attempt at remaking A New Hope it was.

Rei simply knew too much shit she either had no business knowing or gained nothing from knowing, all in the obvious purpose of making her look strong and independant.

Finn made no sense, he was trained from childhood in a no fun allowed regime to be a killer, and the he pussies out in his first fight and decides he hates violence. I can sorta understand that, but then a minute later he's laughing his ass off murdering the eople he grew up with and proceeds to become the witty black guy without any time passing.

Kylo was alright. I appreciate that he's canonically a tryhard Vader wannabe that throws temper tantrums with his lightsaber. Loved the scene with the two troopers NOPEing away from his bitchfit.

Best part of the movie was pic related because how out of nowhere it was. Random mook goes and beats the shit out of a protagonist while the main villain struggled a lot more and the supposed "badass stormtrooper leader" got literally thrown into the trash without a fight. All that pandering and hype building and then they do this, waht the fuck.
>>
>>87838109
Or people actually legitmately hate the prequels because they're awful.
>>
>>87823701
The problem is you can't not play it safe

Movies cost a lot to make, if you want to do anything on a big scale you are gonna need the cash. Doing something more out there is a risk, it doesn't always work and when it does it still may not have mass appeal. From a business perspective this is just a bad idea, they aren't in this game in hope of finding a new creative franchise just making money in the safest way possible

This means something like Star Wars was can no longer happen, no one is gonna give a wad of cash to some new director and say have fun making your big space movie. At best they may invest in something very lowkey, which again will most likely not have mass appeal especially abroad
>>
>>87838109
>if you don't agree with me, then you didn't form your own opinion
>>
>>87838199
>episode 8 has no hope to be a beatific curve-ball like Empire was
Feels bad...
>>
>>87838109
Please name five amazing things in the prequels.
>>
File: Tray Tor.png (183KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Tray Tor.png
183KB, 640x360px
>>87838146
>>
>>87825444
according to twitter, they do
>>
I liked how everyone in this thread got triggered by the fact that member berries are republican and yet no one offered any argument to the contrary.
>>
>>87838535
Were they building up (by repeating the same joke over and over) to the berries going "member factory jobs, member company healthcare" etc. as a brilliant rebuke to Republicans after Hillary's inevitable landslide victory?
>>
>>87838644
Yes
>>
>>87838644
Yes as has been stated many times, the member berries joke doesnt work as well for Trump because he's not a typical republican candidate. However, right wingers love nostalgia and are comforted by the past and are frightened of modern times. The joke would have worked better with a typical republican candidate like Pence.
>>
File: [Duel of The Fates Intensifies].jpg (233KB, 1275x558px) Image search: [Google]
[Duel of The Fates Intensifies].jpg
233KB, 1275x558px
>>87838447
>>87838146

I can't wait for him to show up again in the third movie for the climactic showdown.
>>
>>87838716
Hey, why let reality get in the way of a topical-humor show, right? Let's not be small-minded.
>>
>>87838753
Point. Still the member berries joke would have been relevant for the last 12 elections. Gotta remember Matt and Trey are twice your age and have been through several elections. So the joke failed this year. I say it's forgivable because the member berries are cute AF. I hope they merchandise them.
>>
>>87838818
Not much of an excuse for a show that's for so long been built around split-second agility (to the point where older episodes are unwatchably tied to the time they originally aired). Seems more like they decided on something and didn't care to change it when it didn't fit how things developed. See also their decision that Hillary would win.
>>
File: 23598235.jpg (56KB, 474x750px) Image search: [Google]
23598235.jpg
56KB, 474x750px
>>87838749

I want a scene where he beats the crap out of a trained Rey just because she's in the way to get to Finn.
>>
>>87838753
at least they still kinda work since 'make america great again' resonates with 'member the good old days?
>>
>>87838860
You're not wrong but like I said Matt and Trey are old. Give em a break.
>>
>>87838899
True.
>>
>>87837247
It outstands me that someone convinced these proles to be anti-union.
>>
>>87824422
TFA was a decent movie but it was for sure a rehash. JJ Abrams basically outright said they made it a rehash on purpose to re-establish Star Wars for today's audience. You probably like Kylo Ren so much because he was one of the only unique and new elements.
>>
>>87824396
That is why It is the same first movie plot

Part by part
>>
>>87824396
In the future when new audiences are interested in Star Wars there will be faggots who will tell them to start with TFA because it's "just as good" as New Hope but "looks better"
>>
>>87836637
>the entire last quarter of the movie doesn't even make sense without reading the novelization.
You mean the part where they blow up the star-destroying machine to stop it from destroying stars, thereby applying a major setback to the antagonist's plans?
I know, that was so hard to understand. I had to rewind it in the theater a couple of times to really "get" what was going on.
>>
>>87823277
'member when star wars was good?
i don't 'member
>>
>>87823400
>if not too derivative of earlier films.
DEATH STAR PART 3
>>
>>87824471

Snyder didnt try to play WITH the genre though. He tried to go AGAINST the genre. Disney takes the formula and cookie cutters it all the way. You can think outside the box, but if you pull too far it won't resemble the box enough to be appreciated. Neither WB or Disney is finding their own voice.

Universal and Fox are fidning their own path with franchises like Fast and furious, the purge, planet of the apes, x-men, and such. None of these franchises have mass appeal right off the bat though. If War of the planet of the apes follows suit, that will be one solid ass trilogy. It's apes though, not come super hero shit. Those movies are way better than they should be. It's enough formula to make people feel safe and enough exploration to feel new and fresh. If only it was hunger games or some shit that printed money.
>>
>Trey and Matt don't like something
>better pretend like I didn't like it either so I'll be cool

Fuck this meme
>>
>>87842317
More than that Snyder tries to defy genre convention and then hides behind it any time he's faced with criticism like a coward. And he doesn't even do it well like with the whole collateral damage death star thing.
>>
For me the only real problem with TFA is that I kind of feel like you could've written Finn out entirely and the movie wouldn't really change much.

Having said that I've never really liked any of the star wars stuff, or star trek for the matter. My big space franchise came really late in life and I've already gotten sick of it because fuck Bioware and fuck EA.
>>
File: 1479101062185.gif (742KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
1479101062185.gif
742KB, 200x189px
All of Star Wars yes, even the original trilogy, you fucking nerd is mediocre at best
It's just an amalgamation of stolen ideas with unlikable characters in a generic space-theme

Get over it
>>
>>87823277
Yes
>>
>>87823400
>>87823466
>>
>>87843959
>Imperials are British so they can be foreign/less relatable than the heroes but the actors know how to English
>therefor white supremacy
Eat a double-cartload of dongs.
>>
>>87844016
>>Imperials are British

was that it though? Obi-Wan was British too
>>
>>87823400
>if a bit too comedy heavy
Fuck you, I wish the original trilogy took itself less seriously.
>>
>>87845057
In the end it's probably more the actors in the original trilogy just being chosen for the role rather than trying to have an underlying message of white supremacy especially with the heroes being white guys too.
They just decided to run with that in Rogue One though. Or they're full of shit and latching onto the Trump win for publicity in a really tacky way
>>
>>87845057
He was "one of the good ones" and was in hiding for it.
>>
>>87823400
This guy gets it.
>>
File: 8bbdAyi.jpg (153KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8bbdAyi.jpg
153KB, 1920x1080px
Even though Finn was a storm trooper since childhood and trained only to kill, Star Wars is a universe where magic and "the force" existed, so its likely that it grabbed a hold of him somehow to guide him to a path of good, why cant it do it with other storm troopers? Because the Force is the biggest dick thats never existed.
Thread posts: 257
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.