[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Something I recently realized about Foster's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
Judging by Madame Foster's age, people have been creating imaginary friends for a very long time. We don't know exactly how long, but at least since before the 50's. A time period known for not exactly being PC.

That means there are probably imaginary friends based off of blackfaces and other racist imagery common during the Jim Crow era.

The question is, where are the racially-insensitive imaginary friends now? Does Foster's lock them up like they did with the scribbles? Or have they been banned from Foster's completely?
>>
File: 1458942404336.gif (663KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1458942404336.gif
663KB, 500x446px
>>87822405
>That means there are probably imaginary friends based off of blackfaces and other racist imagery common during the Jim Crow era.

Why would someone racist, make an imaginary friend that is a racist caricature to be friend with?

>The question is, where are the racially-insensitive imaginary friends now?

Old ones probably died already.

Also, it is show that imaginary friends that dont go to Foster...just find other places or live on the streets, like the guys from New York.

> Does Foster's lock them up like they did with the scribbles? Or have they been banned from Foster's completely?

IF some recent caricature go there, he can still be adpoted.

Speedy Gonzales for example is seeing as "racist" caricature by americans, but mexicans love the fuck out of him. It would always be someone who is interessed.
>>
>>87822607
>Old ones probably died already.

Didn't they make it a point in the show that imaginary friends don't age?
>>
>>87822607
>Why would someone racist, make an imaginary friend that is a racist caricature to be friend with?
You seem to be under the misapprehension that people who did things that we in the present might consider racist did them out of hatred and not a sense of superiority.
Many kids who struggled to make friends might have wanted a friend they could order about without difficulty.
>>
>>87822644
>Didn't they make it a point in the show that imaginary friends don't age?

I really doubt that they are immortal.

>Many kids who struggled to make friends might have wanted a friend they could order about without difficulty.

I actually can see this, well you are right, still think that most would like to make someone that they would be proud of show off as their best friend tho.
>>
for me blackfaces cartoons were not racist but just funny character who don't take themselves seriously.

you really think Bosko is offensive?
>>
>>87822607
>Why would someone racist, make an imaginary friend that is a racist caricature to be friend with?

I can see a kid creating a "mammy" to help around the house. Or a kid creating a red-skinned "Injun" who talks in Tonto talk to play Cowboys and Indians with.
>>
>>87822676
Also, Golliwogs were really popular toys in that time. I bet Golliwog friends were just as common as teddy bear friends.
>>
>>87822405
I'd guess she'd adopt them out to some parts of Europe and most of African where they don't really give a shit. Probably some kind of adoption by mail system.
>>
>>87823587
Don't forget Japan. Blackface doesn't seem to be a taboo there. (As shown with characters like Mr. Popo and Jynx.)
>>
>>87822405
Is this what we've devolved to? Trying our hardest to find something racist or misogynistic about fucking children's cartoons?

What the fuck is wrong with this board?
>>
>>87825046
I don't know about Popo, but Jynx is partly based on ganguro, a Japanese fashion thing involving dark skin and blonde hair.
Not really blackface.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.