[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I miss him more every fucking day.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 20161117_110156.jpg (331KB, 477x757px) Image search: [Google]
20161117_110156.jpg
331KB, 477x757px
I miss him more every fucking day.
>>
>>87821475
Morrison's run was pretty good but after him nobody knew what the fuck to do with New 52 Superman. He wasn't clearly defined as a character as the Post-Crisis version was, he was just a generic Superman with an armor. That's why the stunts started. The relationship with Wonder Woman, Super-Flare, Truth and all that shit. It's just one of many things that went to show the mess of a failure the New 52 initative was.
>>
>>87821575
Oh and before you say "you didn't even read comics", I read pretty much the entire run of New 52 Superman (even the atrocious Lobdell run) and this is why I'm talking about this shit. This is pretty much what they did.
>>
They should have kept New 52 Superman so they could do something similar to what they did with Earth 1 and 2 Superman back in the day. Old Man Superman exists for fans who want to see a more traditional take on the character while still evolving the character with the introduction of the Super-Son while New 52 Superman goes off and tries new takes on the character that could otherwise not be done with Classic Superman's background and tone
>>
>>87822154
They should have done this with New52 in general.
>we've told all the stories we feel we can tell in New Earth, we're now going to tell stories set on Earth-52. New Earth's still out there but it's not going to be the focus of our stories anymore.
But then this would have required DC to have taken more than three months to set up their new universe.
>>
>>87822849
>Earth-52

So basically Ultimate DC?
>>
>>87823324
Yeah pretty much, except it's line-wide.
>>
>>87822849
>>87823324
>>87823363
Hell, they don't even need to go that far. If DC just said at the end of Flashpoint that they just created a new 52nd Universe instead of wiping out over 70 years of stories and worldbuilding I doubt anybody would bat an eye. Even if they still only made New 52 books, people wouldn't feel as cheated from the new status quote
>>
>>87821475
why, though? outside of the shit storylines (Truth, all of Lobdell's shit, Doomed), he was written as more or less the same as pre-FP superman, or at least not distinctively different.
>>
Still bums me out that "muh son" is going to be in pretty much every Superdad story for a while

Oz pls give me my Superman back
>>
>>87824104
>makes superman books great again
>superman is a supporting or background character in every book
>>
>>87822849
>>87823324
>>87823363
>>87823435

The problem with that idea is that you guys assume that people want to read more out of the NU52 characters, including NU52 Superman, but what DC learned is that readers hated a lot of the NU52 changes.

So why are they going to keep a universe that resembles the NU52 one and a universe that resembles the pre-NU52 one?

It would be like maintaining the Ultimate Comics line after all the stupid stories and the loss of appeal.
>>
>>87822154

If they did that they'd be forced to keep Superbro around despite the fact that they had no idea what to do with the character. So they'd have Superdad to tell classic and new stories, because he now has a son, and they'd have to keep Superbro around without knowing that to do with him or how to resolve the whole Wonder Woman thing lots people hated. It would be specially hard to break Superbro and Wondy up, since shippers would argue that now that they have a Superman together with Lois, they don't have to do the same thing with Superbro and thus can keep Superbro dating Wondy.

Basically, DC editors would be forced to keep Superbro around without an once of an idea what to do with the character.
>>
>>87824353
>but what DC learned is that readers hated a lot of the NU52 changes.
I'm honestly surprised they didn't pull a complete 180 and bring back the old canon in a more than superficial way.
>>
>>87824495

Yeah, i'm surprised as well. I'm still wary that DC might do something like that after this Dr. Manhattan debacle. I mean, how are they going to resolve the whole Wally West thing with characters slowly regaining memories of their Pre-NU52 lives?
>>
>>87822154
New52 Superman and new52 Lois are pre-n52 Superman and Lois from Earth-2
>>
Why can't we just forget new52 and go back? I mean, rebirths been okay in restoring my interest, but the new52's changes are still prevalent as fuck.

Why did this shit even happen in the first place? I feel like we're in some shitty alternate universe where we get the shit of end of everything sometimes.
>>
>>87824729
>Why did this shit even happen in the first place?

Gotta chase those #1s
>>
>>87821475
That issue didn't help.
>>
>>87824464
How about everything they can't do with Superdad because of the status quo
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.