[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pick one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

pick one
>>
>>87818691
Top row for every single one no matter what.

Timm became a hack in New Adventures and started that shitty style that carried over to every other DC show.
>>
>>87818947
Meh, I like New Adventures Penguin way more, and Catwoman had a certain charm to her. No arguing that Spy vs. Spy Joker is shit though.
>>
File: Joker_death.png (131KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Joker_death.png
131KB, 444x250px
Top row is better at everything

>>87818947
Honestly though, even they could tell that the new designs had some pretty obvious problems. I'm glad they fixed them up with Justice League and Batman beyond.

Besides, I really blame the existence of Superman TAS. After that was made the DCAU was really born, and you needed designs that could fit in the same universe.
>>
I prefer the New Adventures Penguin, but Joker and Catwoman look terrible in the BTASNA.
>>
>>87818691

While I prefer the original art style, I much preferred Catwoman's BTNA design, both in costume and out. Except for the blue skin, not sure what that was about.
>>
>>87818691
Was there ever an in-continuity explanation for how they all suddenly changed appearances?
>>
What's strange is they moved The Penguin away from how he looked in Batman Returns but moved Catwoman closer to it.
>>
File: dcdbtas5crw2[1].png (27KB, 445x335px) Image search: [Google]
dcdbtas5crw2[1].png
27KB, 445x335px
>>87818691

How about the time BTNA unquestionably got it right?
>>
>>87825461

No but the bigger thing is how the series shifted from the 1940s to present day. Naturally that wasn't explained either but damn I miss those tommy guns.
>>
Top row for everyone but Penguin. That first Penguin design was just trying to ape the success of Batman Returns, but the second design is more classic Penguin which suits the character better. As much as I prefer Penguin's design more in the TNBA, however, I feel like all other designs (and I mean ALL of them, not just Joker and Catwoman) were a major downgrade.
>>
>>87826476
Combs Scarecrow isn't even a scarecrow, he's a fucking Hanged Man. Which yes, is the coolest design of the three, but it has nothing to do with his actual villain persona.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.