[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What a shitty character. Literally a Mary Sue.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: doom.jpg (351KB, 986x1410px) Image search: [Google]
doom.jpg
351KB, 986x1410px
What a shitty character. Literally a Mary Sue.
>>
At least he doesn't have flaw of "caring too much".
>>
>>87817584
I'm not so sure you know what that word means...
>>
>>87817584
>Mary sue
The fucking retards, like yourself op, have destroyed the meaning of that word.
>>
>>87817584
Do you mean Gary Stu?
>>
>>87817584
But that's literally

Reed "I discovered and completed your life's research twelve years ago, did nothing with it, threw it in the trash, and left it there" Richards
>>
Doom is a fucking PUNK.

Everyone talks about how horrible a villain he is, yet every damn one of his reads, at least the ones that I've seen or been suggested to see by /co/, depict him as more of a fucking antihero than an actual villain.

Joker -- Killed Jason Todd, paralyzed Barbara, killed Sarah, etc.

Magneto -- Ripped Wolverine's fucking skeleton out

Green Goblin -- Killed Gwen Stacy, all of the psychological damage to his own fucking son

Doom -- The nigga delivered Reed Richards' child.

His big "act of villainy" there was just NAMING THE GIRL. Sure, you can toss out the whole "oh well he was proving that he could do something that Richards couldn't, he could help his family when Richards could not", or the bs "Oh well he's a classy motherfucker dohoho/he's an honorable villain" crap out there, but when it comes down to it, Doom hasn't done SHIT.

That all being said, Doom crying at 9/11 wasn't any sort of break in character or anything to me. Hell, I would even go as far to say that it was entirely IN character.
>>
>>87817584
>hating on god emperor Doom
>2016 AD

Fucking pleb
>>
>>87817584
Dr. Doom, Reed Richards, Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, Captain America, the Punisher are all mary sues
>>
So, Doomfags or Batfags? Which is worse?
>>
>>87819012
The ones who whine about comic fans in a comic board.
>>
>>87818337
Try reading comics. By "naming" Valeria he also put a spell on her so that she'd open a portal to hell when she spoke her first word.

Doom also raped the Scarlet Witch and used her to destroy the Avengers, causing them to disassemble and leaving Wanda insane, which led to the Mutant kind being decimated.

He threw the Fantastic Four's son, Franklin, to hell. He executed Ben Grimm. He destroyed the vibranium reserves of Wakanda, the kingdom's main source of economy, leaving it defenseless when the Phoenix Five destroyed it.

Man. Doom is such a hero.
>>
>>87819089
I see nothing in this list that is a bad thing.
>>
Casual reminder that DOOM once took over Earth, ran it really fucking well, solved everything and proved he was actually the right man for the job. Then let it get retconned because he was bored of having won.

Doom isn't a villain. He's just a guy that knows he's what the world needs, and he's right.

He just has a pure rageboner for the F4 and loses his shit when they're involved.

>tfw he manipulated the masters of evil into getting him the ability to make one wish, with no consequences. The ability to have any wish he ever wanted, including to instakill Reed. And instead he spent it on erasing his conscience so he could sleep better.

The man is all about making himself the perfect ruler.
>>
>>87819079
By default it is the ones who complain about the ones who complain about comic fans.
>>
File: Mary-Sue.png (134KB, 485x399px) Image search: [Google]
Mary-Sue.png
134KB, 485x399px
>>87817584
>Literally a Mary Sue
I don't see the resemblance
>>
>>87819130
>>87819139
He isn't a villain! That time he had Scott Lang get killed and then, when he came back, he murdered his underage daughter in front of him was one of his most heroic deeds.
That time he threw a Klyntar bomb into New York, killing thousands, was just a slip.
When he travelled through the multiverse with his Master, killing thousands of superheroes just to end up killing his master himself and then coming to 616 and destroying New York, was just for fun.
>>
>>87819264
>He isn't a villain!
That explains all those hero vs hero events.
>>
>>87819264
Okay, good point, let me qualify my statement.

Actual Doom isn't a villain.
Post 2000's Doom is pretty much a villain, but still has some badass moments, like facing the celestials and shit, but for the most part is a stereotype of what doom USED to be. Like most shit these days, because the fans are now all writers and are just missing the point of most of the characters they write.

>using klyntar unironically.
For shame anon.
>>
>>87818324
Everyone writes Reed as a fuck up these days, get over yourself Victor.

I miss the good old days when Reed was Indiana Jones and built a rocket ship so the Commie bastards wouldn't be the first ones to the moon.
>>
I just saw other two Doom threads in the catalog. OP has rused us.
>>
>>87819578
>Doom isn't a villain
He tried to mind-control every person on earth, virtually slaving them. He tried to kill the FF out of pettiness and hatred towards them. He's a childish and selfish person. He only cares about Latverians. He wanted to slave earth without a fucking satellite because he was having self-esteem issues at that time, and I'm talking about the first years here.Villain? the guy's a monster. Even his population fear him at some ages (like the 70s). Read some comics you casual.
>>
>>87819750
http://www.cbr.com/stan-lee-explains-why-doctor-doom-isnt-a-villain/

His creator says he isn't a villain. Despite what people have done with the character.

Learn your history casual.
>>
>>87819952
>Stan Lee
>Creator
He didn't write a single FF comic, they were all Kirby. Read what the Marvel method is. Besides, the character has evolved a lot in the decades that followed Lee, an old cunt that barely reads comics. I'm talking about developments pre-2000, by the way.

I'm sure your clickbaity cbr article is a better argument than listing comic facts.
>>
>>87819988
>Stan Lee didn't create Doctor Doom

Wew lad.

Should have known I was arguing with a literal retard, I won't bother wasting my time now.
>>
>>87820052
>Stan Lee creating anything
You're an idiot that doesn't know anything about creators rights or what Lee did to Kirby.
>>
>>87819750
>>87819750
Babastis looked into every possible timeline and recognized that humanity would only prosper and reach its full potential under Doom.

He is our lord and saviour.
>>
>>87820076
Lee wrote dialogue all over kirbys art and changed the story by adding words to it anon.

That is what saw print, therefore that is what the public knew the character as.

I get what you mean by Lee fucking over Kirby, but you can't say he didn't influence the character's development, no as the only surviving member of the duo get to tell people what the character was designed to be for. If Kirby was alive to counteract Lee (which if there was any justice in the world would be what happened) then we'd have a conversation.

But as it is Lee's word barely means shit these days anyway Marvel basically keeps him as a mascot.
>>
>>87818337
He was the catalyst for the incursions that the Illuminati was dealing with. Dude literally destroyed the multiverse and reshaped one earth in his own image setting himself as god-ruler over it.
>>
>>87817584
>Literally a Mary Sue
Uh, no? First off, He's a villain, not a tacked on side character, second, he was made early on in the F4's history by the original creators, so he wasn't some fanfiction insertion, third, he's intensely flawed, with his key flaw being his arrogance, and fourth, I don't think there's any chance he was created as anyone's self insert, he was created to give the Fantastic 4 someone menacing to fight.
>>
>>87820142
>But as it is Lee's word barely means shit these days anyway Marvel basically keeps him as a mascot.
At least you admit that the only counter argument you've provided so far, a shitty article, is not an argument. What the creators intended has no bearing on what actually happened. Doom is an unambiguous villain who has threatened mankind.
Ebin "Doom is a hero" posters don't read comics.
>>
>>87818337
Doom provided refuge to the Asgardians in Latveria then was killing and experimenting on them so that he may learn the secrets of immortality.
>>
>>87820225
I'm not the anon you were arguing with. I just see where he's coming from. I don't do the whole hero/villain thing, that's retarded. Defending the status quo isn't preserving anything.

I'm sick of comics being stuck with no real progression. They can fly and be cosmic and do magic but still can't cure cancer? Flying cars aren't the norm? That shit just stifles the universe and shows why shared universe shit just drags itself down. let alone sliding timescales and writers rebooting characters and shit. Marvel is a fucking mess.

Jack Kirby not being able to go into a toy store because he'd see all the marvel toys using his art and not paying for it was fucking heartbreaking though.
>>
He wishes he could marry Sue.
>>
>>87817584
He's a bitter egomaniac who in spite of being the best at everything will never be able to one up his nemesis or get the girl or resurrect his mom. And he totally deserves it. So not a mary sue.

>>87819264
He resurrected Cassie Lang as a way to make amends, thought. He isn't evil for the sake of being evil.
>>
>>87817584
If he were a Mary Sue he would win all the time. He loses every single time; that's far away from a Mary Sue
>>
>>87819089
And yet he is the best hope for humanity in the long run. I guess those were eggs that needed to be broken.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.