[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the fuck is this guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: hawkcock.jpg (107KB, 740x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hawkcock.jpg
107KB, 740x1080px
the fuck is this guy?
>>
A character with a complicated backstory and uncool powers
>>
>>87809597
DC's Wolverine
>>
>>87809597
A character, along with his spouse, in desperate need of a revamp
>>
>>87809630
What's a good series with him?
Always been interested
>>
>>87809597
Reincarnating space cop.
>>
>>87809773
Hawkman V4

>>87809735
Everyone thinks that and it always turns out terrible. What we need is the opposite: A return to the character's roots and a writer smart enough to keep them there. Maybe cool down on Hath-Set fucking with him and his wife every week bit, but the idea that the hawks are heroes destined to EVENTUALLY die at the hands of Hath-Set is fine. Just don't make it every conflict.

>>87809720
You can't say that just because they have similar masks
>>
>>87809848
>both are old as fuck
>both have "past lives"
>their special ability is basically a magic metal, let it be Adamantium or the 9th metal mace
>both are mostly known for being part of a team
>both serious and prone to violence with a touch of noble savage
>>
>>87809932
Well you got me there. I wonder why Hawkman is much less popular then. He's basically C-List.
>>
>>87810049
Because DC pushes "paragon" type heroes, and Batman too over the "brutal" hero image.
>>
>>87809597
Hawk Guy
>>
>>87809848
What year roughly? RConline has a series in '02 or '08?
>>
Cant we just do a Stargate thing and have the Hawks enter space sarcophagus(s) to "reincarnate"
>>
>>87810354

Or just do the Hancock thing where he and Shayera are stranded aliens who happen to be also immortals and get weaker when close to each other.
>>
>>87810233
The '02 series. It ends in '06 and then gets rebranded as Hawkgirl to go on for another year or two. It's still kinda okay after the rebrand, Kendra is still fun to read about alone, but there is a noticeable decline in quality. Certain plotlines get wrapped up kind of awkwardly and out of nowhere, and I think there's a tie-in to another book you have to read that I never did. You might get better mileage just pretending it ends at '06.

I've never even heard about an '08 series, I'll have to check it out.
>>
>>87809597
I remember having a toy of this guy and wondering who he was way back.
>>
>>87810049
>>87810121
Because it's shit, they even gave him an entire title when Nu-52 started instead of giving one to someone that actually deserved it and he even has a mini now.
>>
>>87809597
BIRDFACEMAN!
>>
>>87809597

Tony Hawk
>>
>>87810502
Hawkman, particularly when paired with his wife, is actually a great character with plenty of nuance to play with in cape stories. He offers a different perspective than many of the usual JL players, but if writers just see him as "guy with wings not as strong or fast as Superman + mace" then he suffers.

It's Aquaman syndrome. He can be played as an underwater sea King Arthur, but people usually just see him as "weaker Superman that can't fly, performs better when wet".
>>
File: birdman09.jpg (21KB, 331x236px) Image search: [Google]
birdman09.jpg
21KB, 331x236px
>>87809597
BIRDMAN!
>>
>>87809597
The best there is at what he does, and what he does is okay.
>>
>>87809597

A Klingon with wings.
>>
File: hawk.jpg (171KB, 663x1019px) Image search: [Google]
hawk.jpg
171KB, 663x1019px
While we're on the subject, anyone reading this?

So far it's nothing to write home about but I do like the idea of Hawky and Adam Strange having adventures together and it promises to deliver.

Apparently they're going full on space cop this time around.
>>
>>87809597
a hot shirtless hunk who's just dying to fuck your ass
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.