[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/doag/ - Dumbing of Age therapy session

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 508
Thread images: 45

File: IEpV4hg.png (366KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
IEpV4hg.png
366KB, 1000x333px
Where's becky?
>>
>>87808689
Patreanon is dead and free of his pain. Now, someone else must take up the mantle so that we may be angry at and over-analyze a shitty webcomic together.
>>
>>87808816
>patreanon is dead
w-what?
>>
>>87808689
Okay, to be fair "The Oriental Deceptress" sounds like an awesome 50s-60s supervillain.
>>
Post the warboss edits.
>>
>>87808816
Or, you could stop insisting on a general until there's something worth posting about.
>>
File: Patreanon.png (581KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Patreanon.png
581KB, 1000x667px
>>87808816
>>
>>87808863

Whenever Patreanon is slightly late we assume he's died and begin to mourn.

He usually comes back but one day it might happen so it's all good.
>>
>>87809690
well I was only worried because I think he was saying we'll need a new patreanon soon last thread.
>>
File: Patreanon02.png (877KB, 1000x1098px) Image search: [Google]
Patreanon02.png
877KB, 1000x1098px
>>87809711
>>
>>87808689
I'm confused, does /co/ like doag or not?
>>
>>87809711

Oh yeah, no, we don't mourn *him*

Everyone knows that as soon as a Patreanon perishes his consciousness is archived and uploaded into a freshly-prepared clone which takes his place.

Yeah, he has this whole existential thing about how his sole purpose is to provide whining anons with a shitty comic strip a day early, but nobody listens to him.
>>
>>87809788
no.

we enjoy our hate together
>>
File: doag.png (65KB, 500x430px) Image search: [Google]
doag.png
65KB, 500x430px
>>87809788

We hate DoA but we love each other.
>>
>>87808689
Does the dad ever show up again after that?
>>
>"2016 Edition: Who is DoA's hottest lady?" poll on the DoA website
>Mary is in last place

We must correct this mistake.
>>
>>87810228
he got left in traction, and likely arrested afterward.
>>
>>87810241

I know I voted for her
>>
>>87809788
I admire his work ethic. Dude takes cartooning super seriously, like a real job. You'll never see Willis post a "sorry I'm sick/tired/someone died/I just don't feel creative tonight" excuse sketch, because the dude makes the comics weeks in advance. He has a huge backlog.

There are webcomics I read because I love the artwork, and I'm willing to wait a week or two between updates. There are cartoonists I've been following for decades across multiple projects, despite flakey update schedules, because I like the characters they create and the stories they weave. Willis is the only one I can think of off the top of my head who treats cartooning like *professional fucking work* and puts in a professional amount of effort.

So I respect him for that.

On the other hand... while Willis can write a good story and create compelling characters, he's hampered by the fact that he's about as whitebread as they come. He simply does not have the life experience (or intellectual depth) to adequately represent modern racial and social issues, but he persists in trying. At this point he's basically parroting/pandering to the Tumblr crowd, and while his heart is in the right place, it's often pretty cringey. He also has a bad habit of using his status as "the author" as a bully pulpit to strawman his critics and make fun of them. He's so bad about it that saying "strawman" to him is triggering.
>>
>>87810632
>He has a huge backlog.
he shits out a bunch of shitty comics, then never makes any actual adjustments to the comic despite any critique or anything, and he excuses it as the comics having been written months previously.

His heart's not at all in the white place. He's pandering to the lowest common denominator for internet credibility, and he's pretty notoriously racist IRL.
>>
>>87810796
he also loves to deflect any criticism and use those same minorities he's pretending to support as a scapegoat.
>>
File: Mary07.png (200KB, 600x452px) Image search: [Google]
Mary07.png
200KB, 600x452px
>>87810241
I just voted for best girl.
>>
>>87810632
>I admire his work ethic. Dude takes cartooning super seriously, like a real job.
He won't flake out, but let's not go too far. The art in a lot of strips has been phoned in. The paneling, coloring, perspective, and just about anything else aren't well thought-out. He's admitted DoA is a project he does because he can coast by with it.
>>
So no Patreanon tonight?

... I'm actually okay with this. Willy's finally getting to the point where his stuff's both bad and dull so I can't even really read it.
>>
>>87809876
None of us chucklefucks know each other enough to like one another.
It's more like we love to hate together.
>>
>>87812855

Come now, getting to know someone is the perfect way to foster hatred, especially among such distinguished fellows as we.

Like all good relationships, this one must be founded solely upon shallow, raw emotion. And since nobody here is attractive, we'll have to replace lust with frothing anger.
>>
>>87810816

He's one of those guys who -still- states allegiance to a side in that clusterfuck and doesn't just write off both sides as absolute cancer, isn't he?
>>
>>87810632
I'd respect his commitment to having a backlog more if he was more willing to look at what's coming and make improvements.

As it stands, it feels like he did, maybe, twice as much work for three months to make the backlog, and ever since then, he's been coasting along at the same general speed. And if he does edit something in the backlog, it's usually only a day before it goes online, so it's very, very likely that the majority of his strips are a first draft with no editing (and with some strips, like the infamous Mary dickslap pic, it's very obvious that he didn't take a second look at it). And as a hobbyist writer myself, someone who just doesn't edit their work professionally is someone I don't want to respect as an artist.

Also, yeah, his heart's not in the right place. On some level, I know that he agrees with the people he's pandering to, but that's so filtered by his unassailable ego and his guilt/rage over his past history and his general incompetence as a writer of social issues that it's basically nonexistent.

If Willis had simply stuck to goofy sci-fi while still holding the same views, we probably wouldn't have to rag on him so much. I have a lot of artists that I like who support the liberal views I have, but they don't write screeds about their views into every bit of their work because they know what they're good at.
>>
>>87813593
Anti-GG was never as bad as GG at its worst.
>>
Isn't it funny how we anticipate a comic we hate?
>>
>>87814488

Even if that's true, and it isn't: The anti's just seemed a touch more palatable to people who didn't give a shit, then it still doesn't matter. Both sides were a shitstorm dredging up the worst of the internet community and throwing it in everyone's faces for months.

It's like saying would you rather eat a mouldy sandwich or uncooked roadkill.
>>
http://pastebin.com/5MwZPhsE
>>
>>87813593
Man, we're really cool for not caring.
>>
>>87815420

Man, I don't think it's even about being cool, it's just about being reasonable.

And of course, we know Willy would have sided with anti-GG by dint of feminism regardless of anything.
>>
>>87815420

Eh, I second hand care: I have some friends who were involved in the first week or two of it then gave up in complete disgust not just for the opposite side, but for what the side they'd been supporting in the first place had devolved into.

Hell, I'd even argue the initial dispute (some people complaining about someone trading sex for good reviews) had exactly nothing to do with the later argument as a whole (long winded MRA vs SJW cage match).
>>
>>87815497
I used to be staunchly pro-GG I even have a vivian james shirt which I still wear because it is the comfiest t-shirt I've ever worn, but I distanced myself right quick the less it became about the actual problem at hand and more about shitflinging at the SJWs.
>>
>>87811113
I hoped that since he stopped doing Shortpacked, he'd put more work into DoA. But now he's putting less into it.
>>
>>87808689
wait, didn't this exact comic happen like a year ago? I know because it was the only time I have ever read a DoA strip
>>
>>87818559
I just googled doa pages.

patreanon has failed us.
>>
>>87809788
I'm pretty sure someone just keeps posting it and bumping the thread themselves
>>
>>87818581
We have about 15-30 regulars, depending on whether or not anything particularly heinous is happening in DoA and whether or not patreanon has abandoned us. This is more or less business as usual..
>>
>>87818574
Patreanon just realized they were hurting us by encouraging use to read this shit.
>>
>>87818559
It's just the same strip from before. There's not a new one right now. Patreanon has a new job IIRC, so the strips aren't going to be coming to us as regularly.
>>
>>87814469

> Mary dickslap pic

What's this about?
>>
>>87823532
So, at one point, every door in the dorm had a picture of a dick drawn on it (for awkwardly-written reasons that we won't get into right now). Ruth was too busy with...something to be arsed to take care of cleaning the dicks off. Mary, being Mary, raised a fuss, and Ruth, being Ruth, drew a dick on her hand with marker and slapped Mary hard enough to leave a dickprint on her face.

The editing problem is that the red handprint (yes, Ruth slapped a girl so hard it left a mark and she's still the best RA the dorm's ever had) is of a *left* hand, and Ruth drew the dick on her *right* hand. More so, the print was left on Mary's *right* cheek, so even if Ruth had slapped her with her right hand, Mary would have had to be faced away from Ruth to get hit like that.

The comment section noticed the mistake within half a day. Willis's official excuse was that the direction of the strip was more important than accuracy, but the fact is that Willis decided that coming up with a sensible alteration of that scene (or, you know, maybe not having a character we're supposed to sympathize with smacking around a freshman) was just too much effort
>>
>>87824001

Ohhhhh!

Makes sense then, thank you.
>>
>>87824075
/doag/ is here to inform, whenever we're not fending off /pol/, making ridiculous edits or facetiously declaring Mary the second coming of Christ
>>
File: Dumbing of Age.png (340KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
Dumbing of Age.png
340KB, 1000x333px
>>87823532
This is completely unedited.
>>
File: 1479683748167.png (325KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
1479683748167.png
325KB, 1000x333px
>>87824399
this fix took me exactly 10 seconds.

10 seconds was too much for willis to fix.
>>
>>87825919
Mary's heading in the same direction that Ruth is going now. Not exactly the best way to get away from an abuser.
>>
>>87825990
nah, look at the directions in panels 2 and 4
>>
>>87826031
Huh. Yeah, that works.
>>
>>87826108
oh wait, I'm stupid, I was looking at the original.

now it does look like they're going the same way, but ruth looks rather static, she could just be glaring at ruth as she walks off uncaring.
>>
>>87821611
Patreanon has a fucking job that doesn't revolve around giving us our daily dose.
>>
>>87825990
Iy isn't abuse when you beat someone whom you regard as morally inferior.

It's called social justice you shitlord!
>>
File: Dr. No-eyebrows.png (381KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
Dr. No-eyebrows.png
381KB, 1000x333px
>>87808816

Alas, my friends, I do not *get* to die. I was just in Milwaukee and didn't have my computer. It looks like last night's wasn't posted, so here's that! In last night's strip, Dr. No-Eyebrows returns and Billie gets kicked out. Will this be the last time she sees her lady-love? Unlikely!

I'll post the new one in a few hours.
>>
>>87829635
So...even the doctor is saying that Ruth getting psychiatric care is a good thing.

Or in other words, Mary helped save Ruth.

Goddammit
>>
>>87829635
The way Willis is emphasizing the words makes it seem like Doc No-Brows is politely and indirectly ushering Billie out of the room as fast as she can.

>>87829834
Reminder that Ruth has been in psychiatric care for less than 24 hours.
>>
>>87829962
The way Willis is emphasizing the words makes it seem like Billie's about to have a panic attack because she can't take care of Ruth anymore
>>
>>87829635

>I've been taking care of your friend

Um, check your privilege doctor because Billie is her GIRLfriend, I see what you're trying to do by issuing a subtle verbal demotion to their relationship, so keep your Fundie Christian values to yourself and you should probably quit your job and go kill yourself for endangering these poor starcrossed lovers.
>>
>>87829962
I think it is more that the Doctor doesn't seem to have any clue about the circumstances surrounding Ruth getting committed. Why would she think that Billy had anything to do with Ruth receiving medical attention?
>>
>>87830004
More like she's confused as hell and doesn't understand what doctors are for.

>>87830092
How dare you throw your bigotry around like that? Dismissing the accomplishments of a strong black woman in a field dominated by men to support the privilege of a rich white girl who is half-Asian which the exact same as being white so she's like double-white making her even more privileged. Plus they're "bisexual" meaning they're just straight girls pretended to be lesbians to steal victimization from real minorities and attract men.
>>
File: Bane10.jpg (6KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Bane10.jpg
6KB, 320x180px
>>87829635
LONG LIVE PATREANON! NOW OUR SUFFERING WILL BECOME MORE SEVERE!
>>
In tonight's strip, Leslie is gonna lose all her social justice points once word gets out she was gonna unintentionally out someone who might not even be glbtq+.
>>
>>87832434
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE POINT OF THIS SCENE?
>>
>>87832434
Well at least he's talking about it. I swear we were all supposed to act like it was no big deal that Leslie gave up her views for some puss.
>>
>>87832434
I can't tell who is more awful in this situation: Roz or Leslie. Fuck both of them straight to hell.
>>
>>87832434
I fail to understand any logic in Leslie's actions.
I also fail to understand why Roz is pissed.
I further fail to understand why Dorothy even cares.

If anything, Dorothy should be pissed for being unable to have her question asked.
>>
>>87832434
Oh, Leslie, you're so full of shit. You wanted to bang her, and then you made up the justifications for that to make yourself feel better.

Are there any authority figures in this fucking comic that are not total shit?
>>
>>87832508
Roz, definitely Roz. Worst thing about Leslie is that she was willing to forget her morals for a second to get laid. Worst thing about Roz is she's a selfish, manipulative hypocrite who was entirely willing to take advantage of her teachers emotions to try and sink her sisters political career because she disagrees with her. Fuck Roz, she doesn't contribute anything good to anybody.
>>
>>87832434

Wow that's a lot of nothing
>>
>>87832434
Its not outting them if you're seducing them.
>>
File: Galasso_sp.png (100KB, 360x605px) Image search: [Google]
Galasso_sp.png
100KB, 360x605px
I mean I guess "owns a pizza shop" makes him the figure of authority within that restaurant.

And he's a bit odd, but he's not a shitlord.
>>
>>87832576
Presumably Roz would video tape her sister and Leslie fucking and release the video on the internet to destroy her.
>>
>>87832600
was in response to >>87832527
>>
>>87832604
What exactly is Roz's motivation for seeking to ruin Robin's political career again? What does Roz get out of it?

Does Willis even know?
>>
>>87832508
Roz. It's always Roz. Leslie, at worst, was pursuing a shitty relationship for selfish reasons. Roz was helping Leslie for the express purpose of destroying her sister's political career.

>>87832516
Leslie wanted to get her clit licked but when forced to face Robin's record directly lost her lady boner.
Roz is pissed because she was going to forcibly out her sister to destroy her political career.
Dorothy cares and seems awfully nonchalant about the whole thing because Willis wants her to be.

If anything, Dorothy should just use google to find Ryan considering she has his name, picture, university, and internship information.
>>
>>87832617
Roz is ideologically opposed to her sister and, therefore, feels that any of her actions short of murder become justified in opposing Robin. She already debased herself by making and releasing a sex tape to discredit Robin.
>>
>>87832527
joyce's dad is awesome
>>
>>87832600
There really should have been a Galasso vs. DeSanto campaign arc.

>>87832617
She's opposed to her sister's political views and presumably a sadistic glee. I mean, this is a woman who responded to a fundie saying, "You were right," with "Fuck you, shitlord."
>>
>>87832570
>>87832652
But Leslie is aware of Roz's intentions to publicly out Robin and still went along with her plan. That is some terrible disregard for the well-being of someone she wants to fuck.
>>
File: Leslies motivation.png (183KB, 502x616px) Image search: [Google]
Leslies motivation.png
183KB, 502x616px
>>87832434
Is that so WRONG?
>>
>>87832652
>Leslie wanted to get her clit licked but when forced to face Robin's record directly lost her lady boner.
That's understandable, but it shouldn't affect her lust assuming it was meant to be pure lust and not outright affection. Just because you dislike a person's religious or political opinions, it doesn't mean you don't want to stick your dick in their mouth to shut them up.

>Roz is pissed because she was going to forcibly out her sister to destroy her political career.
See >>87832617, though by the time I got around to typing all this out, >>87832693 happened.
And in response to that, I still question why Robin wants to outright end her career entirely. It's the equivalent of a sore loser on a school playground or playing board games trying to make up rules so that they become the winner.

>Dorothy cares and seems awfully nonchalant about the whole thing because Willis wants her to be.
I feel as though that's how Willis writes a lot of his characters.

>If anything, Dorothy should just use google to find Ryan considering she has his name, picture, university, and internship information.
She very well could. I only worked in a newsroom for a week, but if you know where to look you can find means of contacting people who know about people, much less the person themselves.
For example, with little more than a name, a photograph, and the event he was at, Dorothy could have directly asked Robin's campaign manager (via town hall, who likely would have had her information through setting up the rally) for information about Ryan, perhaps lying about sexual assault.

But I doubt Willis spent his freshman year in a journalism major.
>>
>>87832783
Don't we all.
>>
Every lesbian in this comic is a stupid, self-centered fuck boi.
>>
>>87832508
Roz. Roz is worse.
Les was just being a bit of a desperate starfucker and let that blind her to the moral compromises that she was engaging in, from implicitly supporting anti-gay politics, to 'exploiting' a student for personal benefit. And she realized what she was doing and shut the whole thing down.

Roz is actively trying to destroy her sister's political career, personal life, and possibly drive personal wedges between her various family members, all because Robin's political persona is adamantly against her being a total whore. She is so mad about people telling her NOT to fuck anyone she talks to for 20 minutes that she's willing to turn her sister into a figure of likely national mockery.

>>87832516
>I also fail to understand why Roz is pissed.

Because her overly complex revenge plan on Robin of "getting her fisted" failed.

Imagine if Carla's stupid laser contraption had just fallen over when Mary opened the door. That's what just happened here.
>>
>>87832904
There's probably some bit players in the hall who are gay but not terrible
>>
>>87832957
Only because Willis hasn't done a plot about them yet.
>>
>>87832783
yoto makes every thread better
>>
>>87832793
Robin was a bit of an abstraction to Leslie as they had only met in person once. It's a crush that went a little too far but Leslie realized and pulled back before any harm was done.

And Dorothy probably could have found Ryan on LinkedIn or Facebook just through his internship.

>>87832752
True, but you also have to consider that Roz is at an extreme disadvantage. Leslie knows what Roz wants to do, has no reason not to inform Robin of what Roz wants to do, and can actively impede Roz trying to out her sister.

>>87832783
God bless, Yoto.

>>87832916
I don't think anyone has told her not to fuck anyone she talks to for 20 minutes, just to not use it as some harebrained attempt to sabotage her sister's political campaign. Did we ever find out if Joe was okay with Roz using their sex tape in that manner?
>>
>>87833164
>I don't think anyone has told her not to fuck anyone she talks to for 20 minutes, just to not use it as some harebrained attempt to sabotage her sister's political campaign.

I'm basically extrapolating here, assuming that Roz's whoring began before she got to university and that she's been futilely told to tone it down before the sextapes started.
>>
>>87833221
Considering Roz is a freshman, her level of whoring over time must be insanely high. Like, "I have my own coffee mug at the abortion clinic" high.

Speaking of whoring, I'm feeling creative. Give a pairing and I'll write a quick lewd.
>>
>>87833334
Danny/Sal
>>
>>87832434
All of these characters are retarded
>>
File: tfw no one likes you.png (123KB, 376x558px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no one likes you.png
123KB, 376x558px
>>
>>87833407
I just can't seem to get it to work with those two.
>>
>>87833334
Roz/Mary

Mary tops
>>
>>87810241
Honestly drawing mor attention to her is just asking for Willis to write a story in which she gets her "comeuppance ".
Like that old abortion storyline.
>>
>>87834714
http://pastebin.com/GsxH5T7L
>>
>>87809690
Meanwhile I'm late by a day and a half on uploading porn and no one gives a fuck. Life is grand for the pornanon
>>
>>87835996
We understand that porn takes time.
>>
>>87832434
What is it about lesbians and feeling so entitled to other woman's bodies?
>>
>>87835996
We can wait for joy. We can't wait for hate.
>>
>>87829635
>made amazing progress so far

bitch it's been like 12 hours
>>
>>87832434
Leslie wanting to seduce Robin doesn't really explain why she didn't plan the lesson around her current views. Did she think that she'd literally turn around her views over the course of one class after looking at her rocking cleavage?

If this was a real plan, she'd have had an actual planned order of questions and topics that would've been less partisan so they'd be able to connect, leading to more intense topics later. She wouldn't just start the class and then immediately go into question time.

Another option would've been having them meet before class to discuss what Leslie's lesson plan is and having her begin the seduction there in private. Then there'd be some reason to believe that Robin would be less on message and a little more personal.

Basically, there's no actual functional way for what Leslie says in panel 6 to have happened over the course of one classroom appearance. It honestly reads like Willis not giving the story enough space so he can write about whatever other garbage he's been focusing on. It probably won't be the end, and they'll meet up later though.

But still, this should've been a 3 part section:
>Leslie has interactions with Robin that show some connection,
>Robin goes party line during class, making Leslie want to give up the chase,
>Robin meets up with Leslie to find out what's wrong and the truth comes out.
And by truth I mean the fact that Leslie was trying to seduce her, not Robin's "true gay feelings",it could end with Robin being upset about what that would do to her career, or with her wanting to be with Leslie but getting rejected for her public views. There are lots of options. Robin would probably talk to her own boobs about how awesome they are though. "We've still got it, girls!"
>>
File: B2-02-07.gif (97KB, 1111x333px) Image search: [Google]
B2-02-07.gif
97KB, 1111x333px
New strip!
>>
>>87837603
>"It honestly reads like Willis not giving the story enough space so he can write about whatever other garbage he's been focusing on"

Well, that's just Willis in a nutshell. He's doing the same thing with Ruth, trying to shove a few days worth of psychiatric care into half a day

>">Robin meets up with Leslie to find out what's wrong and the truth comes out.
And by truth I mean the fact that Leslie was trying to seduce her, not Robin's "true gay feelings",it could end with Robin being upset about what that would do to her career, or with her wanting to be with Leslie but getting rejected for her public views. There are lots of options"

You saw what happened with Becky. If Robin turns out to not be bi for Leslie, then Leslie will just hook up with Daisy and be perfectly happy
>>
File: throwgaysoutofchoppers.png (2MB, 989x1500px) Image search: [Google]
throwgaysoutofchoppers.png
2MB, 989x1500px
>>87832434
At this rate Robin is going to turn into an unintentional hero like Mary
>>
>>87832783
>>87832876

It is pretty heavenly

On a related note I started sucking my Hispanic gf's tits once and was forced to look up and say "Holy shit, you DO taste like a taco".
>>
>>87838049
Maybe Willis realized what he was doing with the seduction and forced outing storyline, so that is why it was dropped so abruptly. Instead the Ryan shit will get dragged out for the rest of all of our lives.
>>
>>87837603
>She wouldn't just start the class and then immediately go into question time.

She didn't. She switched to Q&A after Robin realized she was at her rally.

Plot compression is a pretty big issue with Willis recently, the Bille/Ruth story is acting like major things have been happening despite Ruth only having been in psych care for less than 24 hours. Your three part narrative would have been great but Willis' tries hard to keep everything happening contemporaneously and narrative like that would force him to stick with a single plot for several days. On the other hand Robin is the perfect character for tonally whiplashing a dramatic denouement since it'd be in character.
>>
>>87838959
>>87839076

I'm half certain he really did have to extensively retool the whole Robin storyline following the election, if only because he thinks his readers won't be able to handle a Trump/Republican parody without the benefit of their champion having won office.

But there's no real way to distinguish between evidence of that theory and the ever-present evidence that Willy is just a sucky writer.
>>
>>87838959
He could have easily diverged it into two stories since Leslie doesn't necessarily want to out Robin. You'd keep Roz trying to out her sister while Leslie ponders if being the DL booty call of a conservative politician is really what she wants. After Carla airing out Ruth and Billie's business in front of the entire floor with no repercussions we know Willis doesn't have a problem with forced outing and I doubt the majority of his commentators would oppose a conservative candidate being outed as gay.
>>
>>87839076
>She didn't. She switched to Q&A after Robin realized she was at her rally.
She introduced her, asked her to speak earnestly, they got sidetracked by the rally stuff and then went into Q&A. That's pretty immediate, especially in the context of my comment which is about Leslie not having any sort of planned list of topics to go over in order to win over Robin.
>>
>>87816447
So you mean when it started? I was in the original /v/ threads and all I was doing and most of the rest of the thread was searching for excuse to fling shit at some internet SJW for kicks. Let's not pretend otherwise.
>>
>>87839403
The whole thing is pretty immediate, considering that Robin was out the class in less than 10 minutes.

>>87839195
>he thinks his readers won't be able to handle a Trump/Republican parody without the benefit of their champion having won office.

How does that even work? Did he sleep through eight years of Dubya?
>>
>>87839486
Let's be fair, I'm pretty sure most of the left would take another 4 years of Dubya over Trump. Hell, I think we'd take Romney over Trump
>>
>>87837943
Aww yiss get dat bbc
>>
>>87812921
Says you. I think you're extremely attractive anon.
>>
>>87839486

The impression I've gotten IRL is that everyone, Trump supporters included, weren't expecting him to actually win.

Willy's clique have probably been high on their recent victories for quite some time. A black president elected TWICE? Whatever "progressive" causes have been furthered in the last decade or so? And now we cap it with a WOMAN becoming president? This train will never stop! Those bigotous, bestial bastards are all on the run! There's no way it could go wrong!

Then they plow facefirst into a wall going 100 and before you know it the Suicide Hotline is ringing off the hook to deal with a thousand shattered psyches.

>>87839573

I do too, anon, I meant everyone else
>>
>>87839524
Dubya was presented as a sexist, theocratic fascist who would overturn Roe v. Wade, make being gay illegal, gut affirmative action, social security, and Medicare, sell out Washington to Wall Street, and start WW3.

I'd wager that, more than anything, he realized his sleazy, glad-handing Robin is a perfect Hillary parody. It'd also explain why he started cribbing directly from Trump even though Robin didn't resemble Trump at all.
>>
>>87832783
best drawfag
>>
>>87816447
>shitflinging at the SJWs.

You say that as if ragging on SJWs was wrong
>>
>>87832783

Yes, it's wrong.

Deeply, DEEPLY wrong.
>>
>>87841261

Considering the only thing I discerned from the whole thing was a bunch of SJW nobodies getting rich off of pity-points, I'd say so.
>>
>>87839409
Early on there was a lot of people going full anti-SJW, but a lot of it(at least during the quinnspiracy era) was just calling attention to how this woman had slept with journalists for reviews.

>>87841261
It isn't, but attacking the SJWs specifically is what led to people pretending that's ALL GG was ever about, instead of what it ended up becoming.
>>
>>87832434
One time, I saw something on Willis's Tumblr where someone asked how he keeps things moving so he can skip ahead without making it super-apparent.

We had awkward Q&A with Robin, so to avoid showing the rest of the classtime after Robin left, we swapped over to Ruth and Billie for like 2 strips so we could come back to Leslie and say "oh, look, class is over now."

While that is a technique that can work when used well, it is always so obviously a distracting technique that it falls flat and makes us feel like we can't settle on seeing anything for more than a few minutes.

Also, just to be a nag, I'll point out that Dorothy should have said "Do we even know for sure that she likes women?" Assumes that being straight is the default, which is generally something that Willis pretends he tries to avoid.
>>
>>87841878
Part of the reason it was so easily labeled as shitflinging is because people kept focusing on Quinn. The narrative shouldn't have been, "she slept with journalists for reviews," but rather, "journalists are trading reviews for sex." Her being a shitty person aside, she should have been a footnote, not a focus.

>>87842877
Willis' cutaways rarely have the content needed to imply a long progression of time. It means we get things like Walky skipping class and taking an hour to get back to the dorms only to immediately show up in his gender studies class. A single cut away to him eating breakfast would have implied far more time progression than what we got.
>>
>>87838049
Heh. Remember how Roz whined that having Robin come to Leslie's class was worth "six helicopter rides" of favours? Well, I laughed when she said that: Because of helicopter rides.
>>
>>87833087
yoto is da best. Also that Slipshine pinup was alright. I like Marcie. I drew this for yoto but i dunno how to contact 'em
http://imgur.com/t5ovbf1
>>
>>87844845

Link to pinup?
>>
File: tumblr_ogwv6pZs6M1sm8ur3o1_1280.png (142KB, 350x814px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogwv6pZs6M1sm8ur3o1_1280.png
142KB, 350x814px
>(february 10, 2017)

Dammit, what's she still doing here?
>>
>>87846289
She's covering for Ruth.
>>
>>87813593

I saw this post and thought it was about where Willis stands on RIRFIB/RIBFIR
>>
>>87847334

She's covering her head in poo...
>>
>>87847741

Looks fake to me you could almost call it SHAM poo
>>
>>87847799

Shut up Meg
>>
File: horrible pun.png (56KB, 535x257px) Image search: [Google]
horrible pun.png
56KB, 535x257px
>>87847799
>>
>>87844845
I'm here. And wow! Nice hot robins. You did this for little ol' me? Aw shucks. And yeah, Marcie's one of my favorite Willis girls, so that's fair.
Best way to contact me is through my tumblr. Yotomoe.tumblr.com or Yotomore.tumblr.com I'm kinda adamant about not posting any DOA fanart on any of them though.
>>
>>87848389

I'm shocked as shit Willy hasn't found out that you seem to "play both sides", so to speak

Seriously someone post this week's pinup, I want to... laugh at it
>>
>>87848471
Willis knows. Yoto's been pretty open about hanging around here. But he's been a fan of Willis since the old times, so he gets a pass.
>>
>>87848997

Ah. Still, I figure some of Yoto's art he might find... inflammatory? Or some sort of flippant treatment of Willy's beliefs, I guess.
>>
>>87848471
I honestly doubt he doesn't know at this point. Honestly I'm trying to go out of my way to not start arguments anymore. It's not worth it.
I'll pop in, say a thing and dump some art and go. I've long since given up intelligent discussion on the comment section proper, but as long as they like my art That's fine.
>>
>>87829635
>The doctor is a black woman

Saw that coming
>>
>>87849077
Why even bother if they're all retards over there though?
>>
>>87849207
Well, we're all retards over here too, aren't we?
>>
>>87849277

We're *intelligent* retards
>>
>>87849314
Even the dewd?
>>
>>87849336

Well let's not go crazy here...
>>
>>87849207
I used to be a huge Willis fan. In fact I'd say he used to be one of my inspirations (you could probably see some remnants of that influence in my style). I went years posting on the comic, leaving comments and crackin' jokes. While I think most of the readers are basically "drinking the Kool-Aid" they're still one of my oldest fanbases. Before tumblr, before 4chan. I feel like if I do something DOA related the least I can do is share it with them. I'll be a bit honest. When I post art it makes me a bit happy when someone says "I missed you, Yoto!"
Also if it makes one of them feel like commissioning me that'd be pretty great.
>>
I'm just confused.

Yotomoe bitches about Dumbing of Age all the fucking time but he still draws art of it and posts over there.

If you think the comic sucks and you can't have intelligent conversations with anyone over there for fear of triggering their internet argument PTSD, why even bother?
>>
>>87849207

...are you seriously asking a namefag why he's doing something to get attention?
>>
>>87849344
Even >>87849377 ?
>>
>>87849361
That's because we do like you over there. You're smart, you're funny, you draw lewds of Malaya. You consistently intelligently argue your points. Far as I'm concerned it's a treat to see you post and I'd take one of your posts over the million "omg ruth please hatefuck billie some more" and "lol becky u so sassy."
>>
>>87849377
He's not wrong.
>>
>>87849558
I'm not wrong or Anon you're responding to is not wrong?

Man it's a good thing this site is completely anonymous so nobody knows how much of a colossal faggot I am.

I'm totally going to go to /cm/ after this and jerk it to pics of cute boys in bondage!
>>
File: 1473608265235.jpg (85KB, 500x661px) Image search: [Google]
1473608265235.jpg
85KB, 500x661px
>>87808689

Has there been any big webcomics autor shitting on DoA ever?
>>
>>87809788
DOAG is literally everything /co/ loves in a comic: lighthearted, stakes-free, "comfy" SoL about the quirky shenanigans of its quirky cast
>>
>>87849658
Anon I responded to.
>>
>>87839641

I generally identify as liberal as far as social/fiscal matters are concerned but I have developed a HUGE issue with the rhetoric of the left in the wake of Trump's election. Mostly, the way they assume their morality is self-evident and they don't need to engage and persuade you if you disagree AKA "You're a bigot if you disagree and I refuse to entertain bigots!"

This has ALWAYS been true, but what's REALLY disappointing is the way you see them doubling down when they've just been given definitive proof their tactics are alienating and ill advised.
>>
>>87837943
Not a single person likes you unironically. Not one.
>>
>>87849669
Not really, Willis is too much of a big star to get called out on.
>>
>>87850149
I'll be honest, when he's ot just straight cribbing off of DoA it's at least semi-readable.

I'd still rather stick my penis in a vicegrip than live on the same planet as the dewd, but at least it's something.

dewd, please listen to me. Nobody cares about your "parody." Please, for the love of Christ, just do your own shit. You'll actually grow as a creator this way.
>>
>>87850149
>>87850331
I do my own stuff, and this as well.

I mean, this DoA parody is just for fun and it literally takes 30 minutes to do.
>>
>>87837943
Gross Sloppy smooching gives me a boner.
>>
>>87846289
Her hair isn't going to pudding itself.
>>
>>87853256

It probably is
>>
>>87808689
Listen on the wind for the far off sound of

I'M A LESBIAN I'M A LESBIAN
>>
>>87853415

Who will play her in the inevitable film adaption?
>>
>>87853515
Kristen Schaal
>>
>>87853599

Who's tha OH GOD

Who would play everyone else?

I've always imagined Joyce would be like JJL from Fast Times
>>
>>87853599
I imagine Becky having a slightly deeper voice thank Schaal. I couldn't name anybody comparable, though.
>>
>>87854714
It don't know if it's the name or the red hair, but I always read Becky's voice as Reba McEntire. The country accent fits so well with Becky.
>>
>>87855110
But Becky is from Indiana. She was Joyce's best friend.
>>
>>87855630
I know, I still think it fits. Granted, I'm from Alabama and Becky makes me think of those attention whores who go on and on about being "Southern Girls" every moment they can.
>>
Bump for Patreanon.
Also bump for whoever has the latest porn pin-up.
>>
>>87856481

I second that bump

Motion carried
>>
>>87856481
>>87856742
the thread recognizes the bump.
>>
what's the chant to summon patreanon?
>>
>>87857382
There is no chant. If he's alive, he will eventually be forced to satisfy the burning need within his soul to post early comics lest the mental itch drive him mad. If he's dead, another will start to feel the fire inside...

Either way, we wait.
>>
File: stupid stupid leslie.png (386KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
stupid stupid leslie.png
386KB, 1000x333px
In tonight's strip, Willis actually does an ok job of portraying the sinking numbness one feels when one loses faith in an authority figure. Leslie dun goofed.
>>
>>87857857
im increasingly getting the feeling robin and leslie are seriously never getting together in this universe, so im feeling better about this arc now
>>
>>87857857
man, willis is continuing with the whole 'robin is aware of and advocates everything her interns do' bullshit, huh?
>>
File: cowabunga_dude.jpg (15KB, 475x360px) Image search: [Google]
cowabunga_dude.jpg
15KB, 475x360px
>>87857857
What? I'm confused. How does Desantos know the name of the intern? Wouldn't they want to talk to the event manager who most likely hired the volunteers? Robin wouldn't have dick to do with that.
>>
>>87810632
>He's parroting/pandering to the tumblr crowd, and while his heart is in the right place...

Only on /co/, anons. Only on /co/.

This board is truly lost.
>>
>>87857888
That was supposedly the point of this arc.

>>87857896
>>87857916
That's what I'm confused about. Hell, she was only introduced to her interns when touching down the day or two before.
But I guess since Robin is an established character and the actual event/campaign manager is not established in Walkyverse history, we have to go with Robin as the main person of interest here.
>>
>>87857916
Shit, robin doesn't even seem to remember the names of her PERSONAL ASSISTANTS.

how the fuck would she know her interns' names?
>>
>>87857857
>I desperately didn't want to see her as trash

Now you're being too blunt in the opposite way Leslie. There's nothing wrong with having a li'l faith in people.
>>
>>87857970
>That was supposedly the point of this arc.
it couldve gone either way. they get together despite the hiccup, or leslie gives up on her for real. seems to be sticking with the latter
>>
>>87857916
That'd make sense.

For that matter any intern who was on a permanent basis would be vetted for things like "accused of drugging a girl" and probably denied the job or at least have that shit swept up a hell of a lot better.
>>
>>87857857
I wouldn't beat yourself up too much Leslie. Considering the urgency of this Dorothy should've

Ignored you
Explained the situation
or Brought it up sooner.

Dorothy isn't treating this situation with very much urgency or precedence in the first place.
>>
>>87858015
It's hard to be "accused" of something when no one went to the cops about it, yet everyone knows about it.
>>
>>87858017
No one's treated the attempted rape seriously since day one. Everyone was all hush-hush about it. Why start now?
>>
File: gumballs mom waterson.jpg (55KB, 600x541px) Image search: [Google]
gumballs mom waterson.jpg
55KB, 600x541px
>>87857857
my god this is some boring shit!

This comic goes from car crash that you can't stop looking to watching grass grow.

Everything feels like a fucking mess, the colors are bland, the pacing makes Naruto look like Memento, every single character is a annoying prick and clearly all of them are Willis!

Jesus, someone has to do something! Whatever happened to the raids? To hacking sites? This guy really needs some of that action!
>>
>>87857857
Dorothy, you willingly went along with not reporting Ryan after he attempted to date rape Joyce and ignored what happened, despite having a description of his appearance, for weeks until Amazi-Girl, whose antics allowed Ryan to escape, ran into him while she was in the middle of stalking and assaulting Sal. You have a picture of him, know where he attends school, and his workplace. You're intentionally hiding all this from Joyce. And right now you're guilt tripping Leslie because she told you to sit down and shut up without knowing any of this and you didn't simply ask anyways despite nothing stopping you. And you're doing all this despite living down the hall from Roz, who would gladly use her access to Robin and her campaign to help you.
>>
>>87857857
>Flunitrazepam, also known as Rohypnol among others,[1] is an intermediate acting benzodiazepine used in some countries to treat severe insomnia and in fewer, early in anesthesia.[2] Just as with other hypnotics, flunitrazepam should be strictly used only on a short-term basis or in those with chronic insomnia on an occasional basis.[2] Flunitrazepam has been referred to as a date rape drug even though its incidence is very rare in cases that have been reported.

Clearly, Willis has done his research in regards to date rape drugs. However, I must question why he would use a drug that has been very rarely reported as being used for such a case. In fact, Wikipedia (where the above information comes from) has a list of more common forms of date rape drugs, including alcohol, Ambien, Valium, and Xanax.

I guess he went with the one that was the "most notorious".
>>
File: You dense motherfucker.png (302KB, 486x322px) Image search: [Google]
You dense motherfucker.png
302KB, 486x322px
>>87857994
As Leslie pointed out in this strip, she is fucking dumb as shit.

>>87858017
Yeah, Dorothy should still be able to run down run down Robin's campaign while it is in the area, but she seems to be having fun by slowly helping Leslie realize her numerous flaws and mistakes in this matter.
>>
>>87858087
Everything about the handling of the initial rape attempt was stupid as shit.
>>
>>87858084
>Jesus, someone has to do something! Whatever happened to the raids? To hacking sites? This guy really needs some of that action!
His website is built in Wordpress, so if you know how to crack that then be my guest.

And if you actually DO know how to crack it, be a doll and grab the currently unpublished comics he's got waiting in a queue.
>>
>>87857857
I don't
I don't get it
I don't get how him being her (UNPAID, mind you) intern have anything to do with her that Leslie would get upset. Even if it was paid, there was no way she would've known, and he probably never got arrested for previous attempts so even if he was screened nothing would've come up.

Like seriously what the fuck is this
>>
>>87858084
>Whatever happened to the raids? To hacking sites?

Go the fuck back to /b/
>>
>>87812855
Am I hearing /doag/ Discord?
>>
>>87858087
i dont think shes intentionally guilt tripping her, just trying to explain the situation.
>you didn't simply ask anyways despite nothing stopping you
>hiding all this from Joyce
hiding it from joyce is exactly whats stopping her
>despite living down the hall from Roz
pretty sure she hates roz and blames her for making her (and by extension joyce) come to the party in the first place, so i doubt "roz helping" is even a possibility in her mind.

that being said, yeah, dorothys behavior in this scene has been fucking weird and detached considering this is something that should be pretty important to her too. its almost like willis is just using her as a tool to get leslie to drop robin and never actually intended to advance the ryan plot.

wait.
>>
>>87858107
My Congressional representative has three offices including his DC office, his political party has five within the district. Dorothy could find out who Ryan is within a few hours simply by visiting party offices and campaign headquarters.
>>
>>87858253
I am starting to believe that Our Heroes are too stupid to succeed.
>>
>>87858106
Either that or he's seen Human Centipede.
>>
>>87858216
That's sounds like the purest form of cancer and I'd probably join.
>>
>>87858106
GHB would have made more sense and is pretty notorious, but actually spiking someone's drink to rape them is incredibly rare. Most date rapists just get their victims drunk. Honestly Billie or Roz would have been a better choice for the Ryan plot.
>>
>>87825919
There was nothing wrong with it you fuck. Ruth is obviously the man with two left hands, J. Geil
>>
>>87857988
>Shit, robin doesn't even seem to remember the names of her PERSONAL ASSISTANTS.
>how the fuck would she know her interns' names?
I hope that's actually part of the point. She doesn't know anything about her interns, but no one else knows that.

Dorothy and Leslie are assuming that Robin actually knows who her interns are. I think that's intentional.

Because... oh gosh, I just realized what he's going to do now.

He's going to have them run around and force Leslie to apologize in the most awkward way possible, only to screw things up further by asking about the interns. And after months of shenanigans, Robin reveals that she knows nothing and is essentially a dead-end. I mean, she could direct them to her assistant, but let's face it that Willis won't think of that.
>>
>>87858339
Oh, don't you start. If we bring in JoJo, we'll get into arguments about who represents who and we'll hit autosage by noon
>>
>>87858377
WHAT IS THE NATURE OF AMAZI-GIRL'S STAND?
>>
>>87858274
In a rare moment of clarity and metatextuality, the DoA gang will send Becky out to party after party until she gets roofied by Ryan. Knowing that nothing bad will ever to Becky, they'll be able to get the drop on Ryan and bring him to justice.
>>
>>87858364
Do volunteers even have to give their names or fill out a form if the are just setting up chairs or putting out drinks?
>>
>>87858460
He's an intern, not a volunteer, so there would be a record of his employment. And yes, volunteers usually have to sign some kind of form.
>>
>>87858460
Depending on the situation, you can probably just show up to help. It's not a job.
>>
File: Saigon.jpg (69KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
Saigon.jpg
69KB, 1000x333px
>>87858364
This is the second worst mystery story of all time. All the steps are tortuous and frequently frustrated for an end of dubious value. Even if they can identify Ryan, they have no proof of his crimes. Unless they are going to have Amazi-Girl kill the guy, there is no point.
>>
>>87858572
i think the plan is to reveal him on social media in hopes they get girls he actually raped to come forward but i cant remember if that was brought up in comic or just commented somewhere
>>
>>87858298
Well they needed someone that it would be a shock if they were lying
>>
>>87858617
I get the feeling that either no one will come forward, thus dragging the plot out for another 6 years, or a bunch of girls will come out--leading to Joyce punching him and sending him to the hospital, where she cusses him out and gives him double birdies, never to see him or think about him ever again.
>>
>>87857857
>Willis actually does an ok job
Sort of. Nobody is really that honest with themselves that quickly, and the dialogue is still awful
>I desperately didn't want to see her as trash, but... never again, I swear to you.
Never again what? You'll never again not see somebody as trash? You'll never again be romantically interested in someone who has different politics?

>>87858087
>You have a picture of him, know where he attends school, and his workplace
Oh yeah, I forgot how stupid this was. A toddler with a checklist could find this guy.
>>
>>87812855
Except patreonanon and pornanon. We love them unconditionally.
>>
>>87812855
>we love to hate together
This is what I do with my friends anyway. What are you, constructive?
>>
>>87858397
No, see, Amazi-Girl is Amber's stand.
>>
>>87858377
Only because the /co/ JJBA fans are cancerous. The anime adaption was a mistake.
>>
>>87857382
The chant is to sit quiet in a corner until he grants us the new comic.
>>
>>87858015
>accused of drugging a girl
He was never accused, because a certain blonde idiot thought it was best to not tell the police
>>
>>87859541
>a certain blonde idiot
yeah, joyce.
i mean what were the rest of them going to do, report a crime that the victim was denying?
>>
yo someone dump all the porn willis has drawn, i don't wanna pay money to laugh at it
>>
>>87859593
I was referring to Dorothy here. Not reporting it was her idea
>>
>>87859750
i know you were referring to dorothy.
thats just straight up not true though, is the thing
>>
>>87859785
But it is true. She was the one advocating for silence
>>
>>87859921
thats the exact opposite of what happened. try reading the comic
>>
>>87859027
They should already have his name, unless he somehow managed to go the entire evening without mentioning it to Joyce or anyone else.
>>
>>87860205

At first I think she supported going to the police, but then she brought up that college's have a "poor record of punishing such things" which factored into the decision to let it go. Or something to that effect. I forget if she actually advocated silence.

I dunno how keeping quiet about rape attempts bolsters such a "poor record" but oh well, I guess I think too much.
>>
>>87857857
I'm pretty sure this is the first time an actual drug name has come up. Rohypnol is totally detectable the day after, btw, so it would've been fine to go to the police even with Joyce not feeling the effects.

While it's fun to slam Leslie for stuff she didn't know about beforehand, Dorothy really could've gotten her question answered. Instead she felt it really necessary to define her racial background in very specific terms to Robin and argue about how white she isn't (she's hella white). Then when Leslie told her to sit back down, rather than telling her "sorry, but this is important" and going after Robin, she obediently sat back down. And this is external to all the stuff people have mentioned about her being able to go to the congresswoman's election office or calling her aides, or doing any research, And I agree that Robin shouldn't know the name anyway based on what we know about her.

>>87859593
>>87859785
>>87860205
I was catching up this morning and was about to make the same posts, thanks anon.
>>
>>87861753
How would they know specifically what drug was used if they didn't get Joyce tested or take her to a hospital for treatment?
>>
>>87861833

Because fuck you, cis shitlord
>>
>>87861833
Can be a wild guess. Every time people talk about THE DATE RAPE DRUG it's roofie/rohypnol.
>>
>>87861569
I recall the comments about colleges having a poor record of punishing rapists. How exactly would Dorothy know that to be true about her own college? Wouldn't it at least be beneficial to make an attempt, even if it went nowhere? A failed attempt is better than not attempting at all, especially in cases like this.

>>87861753
>I'm pretty sure this is the first time an actual drug name has come up.
Now I wonder how Amazi-Girl found out what drug it was. Joyce destroyed the only evidence one could use to detect the roofie, as far as I'm aware.

And yeah, Dorothy is a dumbass in regards to defining her race before asking about a potential rapist. I'm going to assume that from a writing standpoint, it was all just so Willis could have his aside with Leslie and Roz.

Hell, Dorothy could have run out of the class after Robin, either caught up and talked with her (Robin could answer honestly or dodge Dorothy's questions) or be too late to actually get anywhere, then come back to Leslie's class as it's letting out (or before it lets out) and talk with her, as seen in >>87857857.

Why does Willis choose the least impressive and/or uneventful paths in his storytelling? Nobody seems to be proactive in Willis' world. Like the strips where he changed it from Walky and Dorothy barging in on Ruth and Billie to the two of them being kept outside by Mary. The original strips actually had things happening; the new story was literally people talking in a hallway.
>>
>>87861857
My bad, I didn't realize roofie was a slang for a specific drug as well as a generic slang for 'thing you slip in a drink that makes you lose your wits'. They have said roofie a lot, so maybe that was all under the impression that it was rohypnol.
>>
>>87861884

>How exactly would Dorothy know that to be true about her own college?

Heard it on whatever feminist site she likes best, I'd imagine.

I mean, I can think of a good handful of factors why there'd be a "poor record", not the least of which is a culture which revels in going out and getting slammed often, in which incidents are understandably muddled by intoxication and devolve into nigh-unenforcable "he-said/she-said"s.

I've joked that for all we know Brock Turner and that one girl might have met up and realized they were soulmates, and we'd never know because neither would remember.
>>
File: Carol.png (327KB, 1081x526px) Image search: [Google]
Carol.png
327KB, 1081x526px
>>87861884
>How exactly would Dorothy know that to be true about her own college?
Maybe Dorothy knowingly went to a school with a poor record for punishing rapists?

>(Robin could answer honestly or dodge Dorothy's questions)
Because Robin has no reason to not answer honestly and be helpful, which would run counter to Willis' current booking of Robin being irredeemable right wing shit.
>>
>>87861982
>Maybe Dorothy knowingly went to a school with a poor record for punishing rapists?

Do those still exist? All you hear about these days is college students being punished when they're clearly innocent.
>>
>>87861884
>Wouldn't it at least be beneficial to make an attempt, even if it went nowhere? A failed attempt is better than not attempting at all, especially in cases like this.

Dorothy herself makes this case. I've interacted with the cops after getting my home broken into and being robbed on the streets, and in a case, the officer told me that the detective probably wouldn't be able to do anything about it. None of them ended with any sort of follow up. That's just the nature of police work, if your crime isn't serious enough, or if there isn't enough evidence, they can't really do much. But if you start the paper trail, and the person offends again in a similar area there's more of a case that something's going wrong and there's more chance of them doing something. Regardless of if any action occurs, it gives a better statistical view of how much crime is happening in an area.

No one should have to think that calling the police is a guaranteed solution to their problem in order to take that action. That seems like a really naive way to look at life. That's why I think Dorothy posed the situation as, "nothing may come from this, but you do should it anyway" because that's honestly an accurate look at how stuff like this goes.

I still have no clue how they're going to convict this guy so far after the fact, without a police report, and with only a few friend witness reports from after the incident. They would've had a much easier time if they just had the police come to the party, or went the day after when they drug tests would've found the
>>
>>87849131
that's not as big a deal as you think

>>87849669
bad webcomic authors are bad for the same reason and good ones dont get involved in stupid shit at all
>>
>>87862056
Does this count:
>Indiana University-Bloomington:

>IU-Bloomington, which enrolls more students than any other campus in the IU system, reported seven forcible rapes in 2011. Many students and community members are still reeling from the June 2011 disappearance of IU-Bloomington student Lauren Spierer, who was last seen walking to her apartment early in the morning. Spierer has still not been found, and a fund has been set up to help pay for her search.
>>
>>87862061
Ryan's a Dumbing of Age villain. Whenever the final confrontation comes, he'll do something stupid that our heroes can exploit to get him arrested. Like, I dunno, declaring how much he loves to rape while pinning and trying to rape Amber with witnesses nearby

Yes, that sounds too stupid even for Willis, but so was the car chase.
>>
>>87862153
Given that his final act in his initial story was to announce his intent to rape Joyce within earshot of everybody with ears at the party, your scenario doesn't seem too far off.

Knowing Willis, though, I could see him concluding the strip by having Robin and Ryan talking on a bus with Ryan admitting to using roofies at parties while a hidden microphone captures everything and broadcasts it on some kind of live news or radio station. Y'know, sorta like something that actually happened to a certain President-Elect.
>>
>>87862125
Forcible rapes and kidnappings should be reported to the police, not to a campus administrator!

Since those are from 2011 and not Current Year +1, it doesn't count. The infamous "Dear Colleague" letter that caused the pendulum to swing all the way in the other direction was issued in 2011.
>>
File: wheres-becky.jpg (30KB, 544x267px) Image search: [Google]
wheres-becky.jpg
30KB, 544x267px
I saw an ad for an "Escape the Room" game in my city. This was one of the rooms.
>>
>>87864772
You can't escape her.
>>
>>87858617
That seems like a plan that is more likely to lead to them getting sued than to actually helping in any way
>>
>>87858617
>>87858940
>>87865420
Yeah, from what we can tell, their "plan" involves dragging the issue on for as long as possible, then doing something that will probably get them in as much trouble as Ryan would have gotten into had he been reported immediately.

On another note: There were apparently people at the party who knew about Ryan too. Why didn't THEY call the cops either?
>>
>>87860837
Joyce didn't remember his name. She didn't even remember that he guy she'd been talking to all night is the one who went after her. He was pretty nonsocial and didn't really talk to anyone else.
>>
>>87865466
Hell, someone drove them home after it happened, mentioned that he had seen Ryan at other parties and promised to send his ass to the cops if he saw him at another party again. You'd think someone would follow up on that. Ask the driver about which parties he saw Ryan at, and check Facebook for photos from those parties and see who's been tagged. Even if Ryan wasn't tagged in any of them, he might have showed up in the background of one of the other pictures, which gives you a picture. Even if he hadn't, they might have asked anybody who was at the party if they recognize him; see if they find any former victims or attempted victims.

FUCK. I just realized that social networking exists and they know that he's interning with the DeSantos campaign. Unless he's a complete nobody with no friends except his identical minions (which, given Willis's other villains, isn't too far-fetched), he's probably posted on Facebook or tweeted something about being part of the campaign and that's probably something you search for on Facebook.

See, this is how you know that Willis never does a second draft of something. It took me half an hour to poke a huge hole in the Ryan plot, in addition to all of the other smaller holes that /doag/ has poked in it.
>>
>>87865864
That's a very good point. It all basically points to how centralized Willis' universes are. There are very few background characters actually seen in the comic; this is especially apparent in Leslie's classroom, where Willis has students asking questions off-screen. Out of sight, out of mind, so to speak. He doesn't want to involve anybody he can't directly control.

Background characters seem to act as nothing more than observers of whatever Willis directs them to watch. Nobody calls the cops, nobody screams for help, nobody holds anybody down... Nothing happens.
>>
>>87857994

No see according to willis seeing these people as trash is a GOOD thing
>>
>>87832783

Hey. It's me. That guy who knows you.

You're a champion, Yoto. Go, yo, go!
>>
>>87865864
lets also not forget the disfiguring scar that has, in the span of three months, healed completely over. not to mention the scar itself looks nothing like what would be left by that particular injury pattern.

like... how does shattering glass leave a single, unbroken harry potter scar instead of covering his face and eyes with micro-cuts?
>>
I haven't been in one of these threads for a couple weeks. What happened to Dewd?
>>
>>87867399
He's still here, although everyone's increasingly hostile towards him. He still seems unshaken and keeps postin' though so...
>>
>>87867399
He's pretty much only posting once per thread right now. Some people have offered to help him edit his stuff.
>>
>>87862153
>>87862254

He'll be like Dr. Light bragging to Green Arrow about how much he loves to rape. He'll have an entire personal philosophy is based around rape. "If you don't rape, you don't rate!" He'll show up wearing a red baseball cap that says 'Make America Rape Again'. He'll have an entire horde of identical minions under his control and the gang will be called The Rampant Phalluses.

>>87865864
That makes too sense. Fuck off with kind of thinking! Here, someone who takes two baseball bat strikes to head and a glass to the face just ends up with a minor scar. He doesn't go to the hospital for a fractured skull, concussion and lacerated face. No doctor makes a report of an obvious violent assault. No one notices a brutally beaten man wandering around campus.

Here, the best way to redress a potential failing of the authorities is to never let them try at all, bury the incident until it becomes he-said, she-said and either make an implausible feel-good ending, or use it to stand on a soapbox about how Rapists Always Get Away With It.

That's how DOA rolls. None of this "thinking plotlines through logically" bullshit.
>>
>>87867329
>three months

Wishful thinking, boyo. It has been exactly one month since Ryan got glassed.
>>
Like I said the other day I'm a day and a half behind . I work when Willis is uploading this and go to sleep without thinking about you guys.Sorry I'm selfish

http://sli.mg/apktEi
>>
>>87868230
jesus shit, has it really? i take it back, his face should still look like old hamburger
>>
>>87868508

I don't even have a fat fetish and this offends my fat fetish.

Good thing I have a real Latina girl I can wash this out of my head with...
>>
>>87868546
It's been nearly 6 weeks. Approximately one week for every year the comic has been around.
>>
File: To Report or Not to Report.png (3MB, 2088x1665px) Image search: [Google]
To Report or Not to Report.png
3MB, 2088x1665px
>>87858087
>>87859593
>>87859750
>>87859785
>>87859921
>>87860205
>>87861569
>>87861884
>>87861966
>>87861982
>>87862061
>>87865864
>>87867492
Okay, I decided to put this to rest.

1:
Dorothy says to report.

2:
Dorothy says to take Joyce to hospital.
Joyce says no.
Dorothy starts to say why she should take her to the hospital.

3:
Dorothy says to report.
Joyce says no.
Billie says no.
Sarah says no hospital.
Sarah says they'll report in the morning.

4:
NPC says he'll report Ryan if he shows up again.

5:
Sarah is glad to have Dorothy for explaining things to Joyce and the police.
(Dorothy is glad Joyce is alive, but she seems far less concerned than she should.)

6:
Sal says not to report.
Sal pokes holes in the idea of reporting.
Billie says it was Sarah's idea to go home.

7:
Dorothy says colleges don't care about sexual assault.
Sal says cops are bad.
Sal says cops won't help.
Billie wants to drop the whole thing.

8:
Dorothy says to report.
Sarah says it's okay to report. She doesn't mind getting in trouble for beating Ryan with a baseball bat.
Joyce says no.

9:
Sal is glad they aren't reporting.
Sarah gives up.
Billie gives up.

10:
Joyce wants to go to the beach, dropping the subject entirely for the next few years.

There is literally only one speech bubble where Dorothy implies they shouldn't report it.
>>
>>87868953
Reading over these again, I have to ask: Other than "MUH PARENTS", is there any reason why not reporting the incident would be more beneficial than reporting it? They say that colleges don't have a good track record of bringing justice to sexual assaults, so they just don't say a peep?

They're inadvertently enabling Ryan to keep going. And now he has a cool scar to get chicks into his pants.
>>
>>87868953
That is some high fructose autism you've got there, but I have to respect any task so thoroughly done and cleanly presented.
>>
>>87868508
>http://sli.mg/apktEi
I will fap to this, but only because Marcie's one of my favorate characters.

Thanks for breaking her foot, Willis.

Also this is like a porn slipshine right? Like for cash. Who wants to pay money for an ass crack and side boob?
>>
>>87869183
Did you really want him to draw the carpet matching the curtains?
>>
>>87869130
joyce would have been pulled from school, and sal tried to imply the cops couldn't be counted on.

That's it.
>>
>>87869327
That's pretty much what I listed above: Joyce's parents would pull her from school, and the cops and the school would be incompetent.

But these are all based on assumptions, especially the latter. For all we know, the cops only need one more verifiable case of Ryan's sexual assault to bring him in or something.
>>
>>87869153
Thank you!

I'm not quite autistic--just the perfect mix of weirdness for these topics. (Many of my friends are autistic, so I can tell the difference between myself and them pretty clearly.)

So here are the ingredients:

1. I'm a smartypants, so I have quick memory recall for dumb things that don't matter. I started reading the comic when it started (within the first week), so I remembered that the rape happened in the first year or so.

2. Went to Joyce's tag on the site (Joyce was in the current strip on the front page, so I didn't have to search for it), went back to the beginning and went back a few pages to find where the arc started.

3. Opened up each strip in the arc.

4. I'm a fast reader (Master's in English; yes, I spend way too much time on these threads, but I love good literary discussion), so all I had to do was skim each strip for relevant speech bubbles. If there weren't any in that specific strip, I closed out of that tab.

5. Copied and pasted each strip into Paint. There were only 10 of them in the end, so it took almost no time.

6. Grabbed the circle-making tool and circled the relevant speech bubbles.

7. Wrote up the descriptions. I type 95 wpm, so that took no time as well.

8. Numbered strips. Picked a color that would be easy to see.

9. Posted.

Only took me about 10 minutes. I have a migraine and needed something stupid to do.
>>
>>87869245
I'm much rather at least get boobs. I honestly couldn't care less about seeing Willis' warped interpretation of what a vagina is.
>>
>>87867492
Ryan surviving the attack with brain damage would have been a far more interesting outcome.

Surprisingly, him walking away from the attack is a possible, if highly unlikely, outcome. He'd still have a concussion and probable linear skull fracture, but as long as he didn't have increased intercranial pressure he'd be given antibiotics and held for observation for a few days.
>>
>>87868953
Thanks for doing the work for this. I wish I had this breakdown when I was arguing with that one person the other day about this.

They blow that one doubt into such a huge sticking point, when I think Willis makes it very clear that Joyce was already dead set on not going to the cops. I don't even think Joyce buys the the idea that the authorities wouldn't do anything about it. I think she's more worried about herself and Sarah because of the cops being too thorough.
>>
>>87869183
>Thanks for breaking her foot, Willis.

Oh god, you're right. I thought that was supposed to be her right foot tucked under, not her left foot. It's not even lined up with or connected to her left leg. It's a random foot she's got on her bed, like a teddy bear made by Jeffery Dahmer.
>>
>>87869989
Sorry for not doing it sooner! I hope it helps keep the air clear of this part of the discussion. It doesn't do anyone any good to listen to everyone argue "Read the comic, n00b" when we can get the answers so easily.
>>
>>87869327
Do Joyce's parents have to be called? She's an adult, so I would assume everything would be confidential if she wanted it to be.
>>
>>87869378
>the cops only need one more verifiable case of Ryan's sexual assault to bring him in or something.
What a great victory for the gang that will be. Drugged Joyce and her idiot friends decide to let the matter drop, but still manage to catch the guy after he has created enough physical evidence by successfully raping a girl.
>>
>>87867492
He's already got a Bro Squad as his henchmen to help him out.
>>
>>87871317
Given Willis' penchant for Pyrrhic victories, nobody can have a happy ending. Somebody always has to be hurt or suffer.
>>
>>87871267
Not necessarily, but filing a police report might eventually make it a matter of public record and she may need to serve as a witness. The bigger issue is Sarah, who would more than likely face accusations of aggravated assault from Ryan's attorneys which would be countered by a defense of others defense.

>>87872280
Ryan really is a supervillain nemesis. He's got a motif, gimmick, minions, thematically mirrors the protagonist, doesn't suffer permanent consequences, and can take one hell of a beating.
>>
>>87869378
They're a bunch of 18-year-olds who have no idea how the world works, but they do know their parents.

There is no reason for Joyce to have told her parents, whether she reported it or not. Reporting doesn't mean it's going on the national news.

I know they were all being stupid freshmen (and sophomore), but the extent of their stupidity is a stretch.
>>
>>87873354
I'm not sure if Willis understands how emergency contacts work in general. Remember how Walky is apparently Billie's emergency contact, despite her desire to keep as distant from him as humanly possible? You aren't just paired off with somebody at the beginning of the semester; you actively have to input your emergency contact information.

I assume Willis' primary train of thought was that the police would have contacted her parents regardless of her intent, since the one thing the police love to do is call people out of the blue to ask how they feel about their daughter's sexual assault. No, that's a job better left for "journalists" like Dorothy.

And I use "journalists" in quotes in regards to Dorothy specifically, since I've barely seen any actual journalism out of her in the past year of DoA we've subjected ourselves towards on a daily basis. Investigative work? Barely. Actual journalism? If you could call it that. All I know about Dorothy is that she's kind of a cunt, pretty loose, rather wishy-washy, and overall not somebody you'd want to be stuck in a car ride with while driving through the Deep South.
>>
>>87873845
A better writer could have used Walky being Billie's emergency contact as a highly emotional, even touching, moment. Having her put the Walkertons as her emergency contact over her dad would have not only fit with what we've seen before it'd still allow Willis to involve Walky like he did.

Making Joyce 17 instead of 18 would have actually made it an issue since she'd still be a minor.

And Dorothy isn't a journalist by any stretch of the word. She's part of the campus newspaper, as a freshman she'd more than likely be doing copy editing or working as an assistant to others. And as someone from the Deep South, she'd fit right in, atheism aside, with the teenage girls at the Baptist church.
>>
>>87874349
My apologies for stereotyping your people.

I believe she does work as an assistant to Daisy, but I could be mistaking it for her just having to answer to her. And yeah, freshmen have to go through at least a semester of classes before being considered for a reporter role unless they have qualifications. Did they ever go over Dorothy's class history in any amount? All I've ever seen about her is how she wants to be the first Hillary Clinton.

And yeah, Willis drops the ball almost consistently when it comes to having an option that would make a story point more emotional, touching, or at the very least worth sticking around to see play out in the long run. But he just shuts it down almost immediately when he gets writer's block or something.
>>
>>87869130
What I don't understand is that colleges aren't SUPPOSED to be the ones bringing justice. Why even mention it?
>>
>>87869183
>Who wants to pay money for an ass crack and side boob?
People who are bad with money and uncomfortable with sexual situations. Ppl like Willis.
>>
>>87874633
I sometimes wonder whether Willis's strict avoidance of any emotional nuance is a product of his laziness or his flaming spite.

Also, we don't know much about the academics of any of the characters. There's the math class that Jason TAs for. There's Leslie's Women's Studies class. There's that one programming class that Amber and Danny go to. And there's Jacob and Sarah's law class that doesn't even have a visible teacher. That's it.

And Dorothy is actually a full-fledged reporter for the paper, as stupid as that may sound. She spent, like, two or three years out of story chasing Amazi-Girl in classic intrepid reporter style to interview her.
>>
>>87868508
It's okay anon. As long as you don't completely forget about us.

Well, it's not as bad as the other three, but that might just be because backs are harder to screw up than fronts, what with Willis's inability to draw proper chests on girls OR guys.

Of course, there's still the issue with the foot. And there's something off about how he lights her hair. And the goggles look even more off than usual in this one. Fuck, does her blush go under the goggles? How big are those things?
>>
>>87875498
One thing to also consider is the context of the pin-up. The other pin-ups have context (post-coitus; in media res; takin' a shower). But for this, it just seems like Marcie is showing off her rump for the hell of it. Almost as if she's doing it for no purpose other than to objectify herself.

Bravo, Willis.
>>
>>87874951

Honestly, I have a bit of a thing for "official" nudes of characters so I can sorta see where it comes from. Not that I'd ever honor Willy with my patronage.
>>
>>87875669
To be fair, I can see Marcie sending this to Malaya after the latter doesn't get the hint 500 more times

>>87875797
Official lewds are generally my jam, but people who make official lewds generally have a decent grasp on how the human body works. And they don't charge nearly as fucking much.

Sam & Fuzzy has entire 50 page books full of pin-up art (of varying lewdness), and those go for four bucks each.
>>
>>87874766
Because Dorothy isn't as smart as she pretends to be?
>>
>>87877841

Guess she's a shoe-in for president
>>
>>87868508
Son of a bitch, Willis actually did something clever.

Marcie's signing that she's horny.
>>
>>87877983

>I'm horny is making devil-horns

BLEW MUH FUGGIN MIND
>>
>>87877983
And the evidence of this being a snapchat for Malaya or something rises
>>
>>87878173
Not really. There's no selfie stick nor a sign of a third party assisting with the photography. It's basically Marcie modelling.
>>
>>87878238
She probably could have guilt-tripped Sal into helping
>>
>>87878015
More specifically it's the devil-horns next to your head and moving them up and down. It can also be done with the index finger extended and the thumb holding down the middle, ring, and pinkie, or making a c-shape over your chest with the palm facing inward.

>>87878238
Obviously she's making Sal film it as payback for getting into a fight at the rally.
>>
>5 minutes after and no Patreanon

CALL IT
>>
>>87878361
Five minutes is hand-wringing. Ten is prayer. Fifteen is desperate hope. Twenty is accepting our loss.
>>
>>87878361
Definitely a scene jump. Leslie realizing the weight of her actions is a great point to drop the story arc for now before picking up later.
>>
>>87878441

Fuck, nigga, at this point I've already booked the funeral home and begun digging the grave
>>
File: heeeeere's becky!.png (335KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
heeeeere's becky!.png
335KB, 1000x333px
>>87808689
>Where's becky?

In tonight's strip, here she is!
>>
>>87878544
Alright, the hat-obsession thing's officially not funny.
>>
>>87878544
is that the bitch that summoned the soggies at the end of shortpacked?

...I guess she's working at a competing pizza place from galasso? REFERENCES LOL
>>
Also, Big Willy's totally in these threads.
>>
>>87878544
>this just in: sydney yus is now sombra
>>
>>87878584
willis is patreanon: confirmed.
>>
>>87878544

Yeah I get it, "my eyes are down here lol" alright...

When do they fuck?
>>
>>87878544
First, what the fuck happened to Sydney Yus's hair? I didn't even realize it was her. I assumed that Galasso somehow created another spawn through asexual budding.

And I'm sure Willis could have thought of a better way to get across that Becky schlicks to the top of Dina's head than those hideous ending panels

Second, is Dina wearing a Jersey?
>>
>>87878544
Is she having a stroke at then end? What happened?
>>
>>87878544
Oh thank god, it switched.

Who's the chick in the third panel who would probably be hot enough to bone were she not drawn to resemble a monkey?

Also, I take it the joke here is that Becky is STILL obsessed with finding out what's under Dina's hat. The fact that there's a goddamn ocean of hair flowing out from the green thing should be hint enough about what's there.

Ultimately, it's just another case of mood whiplash, though as I said before, we at least broke at a good point instead of cutting off too soon or too late.

>>87878584
Are we sure "Where's Becky?" isn't just a general DoA meme? I don't want to think about what Willis thinks of us, unless it has to do with my censorships of his porn comics, in which case I'm still seeking his opinion.
>>
>>87878619
Every night.

Dina knows not the meaning of tenderness or mercy. Amber gets to watch.
>>
>>87839486
>Did he sleep through eight years of Dubya?
Back then "smugly apolitical" was the default view in his circles. Howard Dean was a punchline in an IW! strip. The owner of Keenspot made a really stupid liberal "satire" comic called Sore Thumbs and every other webcomic artist mocked it as the ridiculous piece of crap it was. Oh, those silly liberals, thinking their opinions matter!

Nowadays Willis makes strips that make Sore Thumbs look positively subtle and nuanced.

>>87849361
It was other Willis fans that introduced me to 4chan.

In retrospect starting to read IW! some 13 years ago was a huge mistake.
>>
>>87878803

>It was other Willis fans that introduced me to 4chan.

It was Questionable Content which made me curious enough to check it out.
>>
>>87878803
Honestly, /doag/ is the reason I starting visiting 4chan in the first place. I used to be legitimately scared of this place.
>>
>>87878897
>I used to be legitimately scared of this place.
We all were when we were younger and pure.
>>
>>87878803
Holy fuck I had completely forgotten Sore Thumbs was a thing I used to read
>>
>>87878897
Same. I had sworn off the comic around the time Ross showed up, because I figured it would be a bland retread of the Amber/Blaine plot. Then the car chase happened and that drew me back in, and then I found out about patreanons, so I ended up here.

So technically, me being here is Becky's fault.
>>
>>87878544
The Paneling in that last frame is making me actually upset.

Also is Sydney Yus sporting the Sidecut's slightly cuter friend, the Braided sidecut? Also is her hair somehow spiky like becky's and not curled like...a black person's normally would be. Or is she not black? Is that even Sydney Yus or does she just look like her?
Alright then.
>>
>>87878977
ironically I hope.
>>
File: Thereheis.png (456KB, 610x521px) Image search: [Google]
Thereheis.png
456KB, 610x521px
>>87878584
Thereheis.
>>
>>87879036
I was like 14 and the protagonist had huge tits.
Also I was a remarkably stupid 14 year old
>>
>>87839665
>Dubya was presented as a sexist, theocratic fascist who would overturn Roe v. Wade, make being gay illegal, gut affirmative action, social security, and Medicare, sell out Washington to Wall Street, and start WW3.
He didn't fail for lack of trying!

>>87879056
Fair enough.
>>
>>87878630
>is Dina wearing a Jersey?
yes. Earlier in the date, Becky tried to swap clothes with Dina, getting her hat while dina got her jersey.

Dina happened to have an extra hat.
>>
>>87879073
Huh. Complaint rescinded.
>>
File: lord grant me strength.png (346KB, 1000x334px) Image search: [Google]
lord grant me strength.png
346KB, 1000x334px
>>87808689
>>
>>87878576
That bit was never funny.
>>
>>87878827

I'm not sure how I ended up on /co/. I used to post a lot on /po/ back in high school and college, but then somehow I drifted over here...
>>
>>87879429
twas' tacitly unfunny. now it's crossed the pale of acceptability and is fully qualifed as officially unfunny
>>
>>87879436
That's exactly what happened to me. I began most of my posting on /po/, but I drifted from there to /v/ primarily, until I ended up on /co/, where I've been ever since.

>>87879501
It's dragged on for too long without a payoff. It's probably going to last the rest of the DoA Day as a running gag where the day ends with Dina taking off her hat as if it's nothing special. But that's at least another month for us.
>>
>>87879390
more edits please
>>
>>87878619
Here's the Willis Killjoy Answer:
>"Knowing what we know about Dina’s inclinations and what we know about Becky’s background, do you think that’s something that would occur any time especially soon? I’d say, barring any unforeseen developments, they’d be making smoochyface for at least a few weeks their time, which for us puts anything further somewhere in 2050 at the earliest."

http://itswalky.tumblr.com/post/127867872722/dinabecky-slipshine-when

>>87878897
>Honestly, /doag/ is the reason I starting visiting 4chan in the first place. I used to be legitimately scared of this place.
Me too! I was just really frustrated during the Mary/Carla arc and got tired of the crap the comments section spewed. They were so hateful. And so, so stupid.

I needed a comment section where I could help deconstruct the comic so I could talk about all the issues it has without getting yelled at by sycophants.
>>
>>87878544
There has to be a better way to do that.
>>
>>87881840

Yeah, don't do it at all
>>
>>87881438

He'd best be jossing, I'm only really sticking around for a Joyce or Dina Slipshine.

Or Mary.

>mfw the next one is Ethan and Danny

GAY
>>
>>87884069
>not wanting that sweet, sweet spineless milquetoast on spineless milquetoast action
>>
>>87884967

Sorry m8, if I'm not a 0 on the Kinsey Scale I don't know who is.
>>
>>87881438
>4chan is more open and welcoming than comments sections and tumblr

Jesus christ. does that say something about how much better 4chan is now, or how much worse tumblr is?
>>
>>87885923
How you want your homosex anon?

>tender and almost nostalgic story of a first time sexual encounter complete with relatable awkwardness

>humorous romp about two guys who really don't know what they're doing but keep trying

>Danny as a humiliating power bottom egging on a rough, violent sub top Ethan

>>87886295
The latter.
>>
File: ch05_44.jpg (214KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ch05_44.jpg
214KB, 600x900px
>>87810632
>Willis is the only one I can think of off the top of my head who treats cartooning like *professional fucking work* and puts in a professional amount of effort.
Ashley Cope does that and is both a better artist and a better story teller to boot.
>>
>>87879390
Car chase going into the chorus of Light Up the Night.

Pretty fucking magical yo
>>
>>87839524
>Let's be fair, I'm pretty sure most of the left would take another 4 years of Dubya

FUCK NO

>Hell, I think we'd take Romney over Trump

Yeah, probably.
>>
>>87886295
It's a tradeoff.

Tumblr is overall more friendly to its userbase, at the cost of being vicious to anyone perceived as a threat (which is sometimes valid, admittedly, but occasionally something like the zamii thing happens). 4chan (or at least, /co/) is prepared for a larger, more varied userbase, but that comes at the cost of giving complete idiots a voice. Never mind that the different boards can be as clique-ish as Tumblr -- that's why 'go back to /pol/ or reddit or /tv/ or tumblr' is such a go-to insult on /co/.

And on either site, you can find complete idiots drawing even more people into their idiocy, which is arguably the worst thing about either site.
>>
>>87882821
Touché.

Also, I agree 100%.
>>
>>87886937
Tumblr also has names attached to statements, so if someone happens says something offensive you know who to pile onto.

Over here, Anonymous both hates you and agrees with you, so you're not sure which one to sic the intimidation mob of social justice at.
>>
>>87850020
You make them sound exactly like religious fundamentalists.
>>
>>87887429
They are. Fundamentalism is not the sole domain of the religious.

>>87886744
Why not? Clinton was basically Dubya with more gays and Obamacare.
>>
>>87887382
It's not that different on 4chan. It's just that instead of targeting people, you target ideas and viewpoints, and by corollary, any consistent posters that express them.
>>
>>87886937
>>What the fuck is Zamii
>Google it
What the actual fuck is wrong with Tumblr
>>
>>87888390
Cliff's notes for those who don't know?
>>
>>87887823
Romney doesn't have an 8 year track record of abject failure. Dubya does.

>Fundamentalism is not the sole domain of the religious

Sadly true, as the SJWs have been proving the last few years.

>Clinton was basically Dubya with more gays and Obamacare.

Have you forgotten 9/11 and the Iraq invasion already? His administrations inept response to Hurricane Katrina?

>Obamacare

Plan D was Dubya's Obamacare equivalent, screwing over everybody but the insurance companies.
>>
>>87888408
SJWs on tumblr nearly bullied a fanartist named Zamii to death because she drew Steven Universe characters off-model.

Being SJWs, they were all morally self-righteous about it, too, declaring the poor girl a heretic who deserved death for "fat-shaming" and "erasure".

It was so awful even the SU production crew spoke out against it publicly - leading the SJWs sending them death threats.

Somehow, the same fannish media that endlessly screamed about the "bullies" of GamerGate never saw it fit to report on this story.

And if you think that's bad, you should read what SJWs did to CommunismKills or Grumpy Viking.
>>
>>87888408
She drew Steven Universe characters not so fat and it triggered Tumblr to the point where they kept bullying her into attempting to commit suicide. Even when the creators told the bullies they're shit abd people should draw the characters how they want they yelled and hollered about how it was fat shaming and wrong
>>
>>87888543
I can't find anything on those two
>>
>>87888689

According to Google "CommunismKills" was some gal who wrote/reblogged/something a poem which went along the lines of:

>There once was a thug named Brown
>Who bum-rushed a cop with a frown
>Six bullets later
>He met his creator
>Then his homies burnt down the town.

The results were explosive
>>
File: communismkills.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
communismkills.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>87888689
GrumpyViking was the husband of a MLP fan who opposed the SJW drive (lead by someone called DragonDicks, who should be easier to find out about on google) to censor all MLP porn "for the children".

The ever-tolerant SJWs doxxed her, called up INS, lied and reported her husband as an illegal immigrant, and got him deported back to the dictatorial hellhole he had escaped from.

iirc, someone actually went to jail for the false report, and her husband made it back to the States safely.

CommunismKills is a conservative Jewish girl who used to go on /pol/ 5 years or so back and argue with the anti-Semities on there, while posting pictures of her face.

They eventually crowned her the Queen of /pol/.

She then goes on tumblr, using the same handle, also being public about who she is., and argued with the SJWs there.

Those SJWs doxxed her, sent her endless death threats, (sample: "I'm a feminist so I don't hit girls, so I'm going to have someone else rape you for me") sent nasty shit to her home, called up her college repeatedly and tried to get her kicked out for hate speech, called up her parents workplaces and tried to get them fired for "raising a racist".

She's living proof that the morally self-righteous SJWs on tumblr are far far worse people than even the racists on /pol/.
>>
>>87888977

>reported her husband as an illegal immigrant, and got him deported back to the dictatorial hellhole he had escaped from

Jaysus Christ

Bet they hate Trump too
>>
>>87888977
>reported her husband as an illegal immigrant, and got him deported back to the dictatorial hellhole he had escaped from.

This is some next level shit
>>
>>87888456
I meant that Clinton's platform before she started lifting wholesale from Sanders to shore up her numbers was pro-business, globalist stuff that lined up pretty well with Bush's policies. Also Clinton is pretty hawkish; Trump was the anti-war candidate in the election.
>>
>>87888977
What country was he deported to?
>>
File: 1394403959956.gif (932KB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
1394403959956.gif
932KB, 400x265px
>>87808689
>This entire page
What the FUCK has this fucking comic become?! Is this an edit?
>>
>>87888977
In tumblr's defense, making someone's life miserable is a tactic that they (and most other a-holes) most likely learned from 4chan.
>>
>>87889163
>>87889189
I was mistaken - it wasn't Grumpy Viking but VikingLumberjack who got deported.

>Bet they hate Trump too

Of course they do.

>>87889580
I don't remember exactly - somewhere in Central America iirc.
>>
>>87889673

Right but they have presumptions toward righteousness so it's more egregious
>>
>>87888977
Wasn't the VikingLumberjack thing just one asshole on tumblr?
>>
>>87889673
Not to this extent.

4chan sent pizzas to the houses of animal abusers and pedophiles.

tumblr SJWs get people fired from jobs for drawing artwork they dislike. (ref: PlebComics) They outright try to bully people to death.

Oh, while I'm at it, look up what tumblr SJWs did to Memufacutring just recently. A proud SJW, he was declared a pedophile and enemy of the people by his own SJW "friends" for being a 14 year old genderqueer attracted to other 14 year old genderqueeers.

>>87889766
One SJW asshole who was part of a mob of SJW assholes trying to censor MLP, lead by queen asshole DragonDicks/Cutosphere.
>>
>>87889379
But she's a woman and Trump and Sanders are cis-het shitlords who's supporters are white men! That's all you need to know, actual policies are irrelevant.
>>
>>87889610
It is not an edit, but it is from a year ago.
>>
>>87889831
there's nothing worse than people who justify their atrocities as serving the greater good. That shit's how you get terrorists.
>>
>>87891244

Agreed

These people are a blight on the human race. They should be gassed to prevent spreading their inferior genes.
>>
>>87891292
...and now you're just getting into the same extremist rhetoric that they use
>>
>>87891414

That's the JOKE, buttnutt!
>>
>>87889831
Don't forget the time SJW-types called animal control on somebody with a pet fox.

Personally, I try to separate "Tumblr" from "SJW" since Tumblr is really just the platform that SJW-types use. It's like Twitter or 4chan or Reddit in that regard, where it's not so much the platform itself that is to blame, but the people on board. It would be like sinking the Titanic because the band on board is playing music you hate; there's always a chance of the band finding their way to a lifeboat and escaping to the Lusitania.

On another note, I also try to avoid "SJWs" as a term, which is why I go with "SJW-types". But that's just me.
>>
>>87891733
You. I like your style.
>>
>>87878544
See, I kinda like the bit at the end... but yeah, Becky is a narrative tumour.
>>87891733
To be fair, foxes are fucking awful animals irl.
>>
>>87891977
Thanks. I've considered poetry, but then I look out my window and see it's already been done.

>>87892713
Maybe, but this woman had a completely tame and domesticated fox.

http://mypetfox.com/post/77492103638/regarding-vader
http://weeaboo-chan.tumblr.com/post/77452844571/how-tumblr-got-an-exotic-fox-killed

An animal rights activist submitted an anonymous bite report along with a picture of a completely different bite or just stage makeup. Either way, the fox was seized and euthanized.

I suppose this is another example of why I prefer "SJW-types" over "SJWs". Even when it's not specifically regarding social issues such as race or gender, it's still people being absolute shits.
>>
>>87891733
>It would be like sinking the Titanic because the band on board is playing music you hate; there's always a chance of the band finding their way to a lifeboat and escaping to the Lusitania.

That's a great line.

>On another note, I also try to avoid "SJWs" as a term, which is why I go with "SJW-types". But that's just me.

The politically correct term for SJWs is the "regressive left".

>>87891244
No surprise SJWs support terrorists, as long as they're not white.

>>87893350
This incident seems to sum up SJWs perfectly - they're constantly causing exactly the sort of behavior they're pretending to oppose.
>>
Is anyone listening to cerberus's podcasts
https://skepticalclown.wordpress.com/2016/11/20/poa-episode-2-redemption-for-joyce-and-hank/
>>
>>87893350
Okay, that's fucked up then.
>>
>>87894289

This is obsessive.

Nutcase.
>>
>>87888336
Isn't that better though? It means you're forced to rely a tiny bit more on addressing the argument rather than just doing cult of personality bullshit.
>>
>>87894289
>>87894368

Looks like the first podcast revolved around Joe being a shitlord rapist too.

I really wonder what Willy thinks of this. For all his faults he's never really portrayed Joe as a bad guy to my knowledge, sex-craziness and all. I wouldn't be surprised if even he thinks these interpretations are a bit extreme.

If he doesn't we're likely to see Joe *become* an evil rapist shitlord because he thinks that's what his fans want.
>>
>>87888977

CK is kind of a dumbass though, she deliberately incites these sorts of things so she can cry about "oh woe is me" when people get mad at her and come after her

She's basically a right-wing Anita Sarkeesian
>>
I can't stop getting into arguments on Willis' stupid site
Every time I say, never again, it happens again.
>>
>>87888933
The most offensive thing about that poem was that the last line was short a syllable.
>>
>>87894485
>>87894368
It's not much worse than most anything I've seen about various /co/ stuff.

Also, is Joe/Joyce a popular ship on the DoA comment section? I know it's pretty popular here, but if it's popular on the site I doubt he'd risk making fans angry.
>>
>>87895024

I dunno about the site itself but in the comments to the first podcast they describe it as "as disgusting a ship as Kylo-Rey"
>>
>>87895088
Even if you subscribe to the idea that Joe is a shitlord, his entire arc is connecting with and being a decent person/friend towards Joyce, and a major facet of his background is his dislike of his dad's promiscuity that led to his parent's divorce. He's got the perfect setup for a redemptive romance arc.

Ruth/Billie is almost exactly Kylo/Rey.
>>
>>87895024
>>87895088
It's gross as hell, how could any one support someone getting intimate with a former abuser.

Joe can do way better than that.
>>
>>87895663
I'm kinda growing fond of the idea of Sarah/Joe.
>>
>>87895663
Yeah, as cute as a couple they would be, Joe would be stupid to give her a chance again.
>>
>>87894607
Difference is CK isn't calling for censorship and doesn't blame all males or all nerds or all gamers for her problems.

She does "provoke" the SJWs, but it's really really instructive to see the massive difference between the way /pol/ stormfags treated her when she provoked them, and the way tumblr SJWs treated her when she provoked them.
>>
>>87896567
I'd be down with that. Maybe it could start off as a sexual gratification driven thing, and maybe progress from there. (I just think Sarah should get to fuck)
>>
>>87898673
Yeah, I thought it up a few threads ago when an anon was asking for ideas for lewds and realized that Sarah's cynicism and awkwardness would play off Joe's confident masculinity very nicely.
>>
>>87898918

I'm still hankering for that "Mary in Mardi Gras" pic I requested...

Doesn't any man here want to help me jack off?
>>
>>87898956
>Doesn't any man here want to help me jack off?
That sounds fairly gay.
>>
>>87898956
Are you a chubby, effeminate twink?
>>
>>87899168

I'm a bit out of shape and my gf says I have some effeminate mannerisms, but I also enjoy plowing her, so no.
>>
File: jimmy rustles.png (137KB, 819x568px) Image search: [Google]
jimmy rustles.png
137KB, 819x568px
>>87889831
>>87889673
>implying 4Chan didn't kill a man

I'm inclined to agree with you though. 4Chan did it for the lulz and to see if they could. If there's some justice to be had, it's a secondary reason for most people.

Tumblr's SJWs are the fascist to our Anarchy. Their morality is right, and their way is the only way. This is by far more dangerous, because they've convinced themselves that their actions are justified, even when they've decried those same actions when performed by someone else.

Kant is rolling in his grave.
>>
>>87899509
Technically, /b/ didn't kill the guy. It was people who took /b/ seriously that killed him. The equivalent of yelling "Fire!" in an early matinee screening and somebody getting a heart attack from the jump scare.
Well, sort of.

I'm down with your comparison of Tumblr fascism to 4chan anarchy, though.
>>
>>87888543
>>87888585

So these fans thought they knew better about SU characters than even the actual creators of those characters themselves?

That's insane. Even more so than Star Wars fans
>>
>>87900299
Star Wars has plenty of examples of fans and other writers having better grasps of characters than the actual creator. I'd imagine that large source of the butthurt against the SU creators was ego saving because they thought the SU crew would share their opinions.
>>
>>87894778
>>There once was a thug named Brown
>>Who bum-rushed a cop with a frown
>>Six bullets later
>>He met his creator
>>Then his homies burnt down the whole town
>>
>>87894485

Rapist, no. But still an ass with no empathy for others
>>
>>87900535
>Star Wars has plenty of examples of fans and other writers THINKING they have better grasps of characters than the actual creator.

Fixed
>>
>>87900864

Eh, he's a person, certainly not a bastard on the proportion they make him out to be.

Acting like he's a monster for noticing Leslie looks sexy when she's trying to look sexy is insane.
>>
>>87898956
I'll try to help. It's thanksgiving after all
http://imgur.com/beSMR7A
>>87901028
Yeah, that sounds about right.
>>
>>87901028
You've got to remember the scale. If you've got one thousand people writing Star Wars EU and one hundred of them having better grasps on character and setting than the creator that leaves another 900 with equal or poorer grasps on characters and setting.

>>87900864
Talking with Joyce about her parental issues doesn't sound like asshole behavior to me.
>>
>>87901462

You're a god, m8

I'd give her a necklace
>>
>>87901462
Goddamn it, Rainbow, now I want Mary and Carla's Drunken Slutty New Orleans Adventure.
>>
>>87901571
In true buddy-picture fashion, the normally uptight and strict Mary takes one sip of the spirits and ends up completely plastered, forcing the otherwise impulsive and reckless Carla to keep her out of harm's way.
>>
>>87901695

>C: "Mary try this drink!"
>M: "Ugh, what is it?"
>C: "Hell if I know just try it!"
>M: "Fine" *Sips*
>Cuts to next morning in a hotel room
>Mary wakes up slumped upside down off the bed
>"Oh damn, I think I'm pregnant."
>>
>>87901695
Fuck that, archetype reversal is the fart joke of narrative conflict.
>>
>>87901826
Fair, but I was assuming this was going to be a comedy.
We can at least make it filler during the overall narrative arc, which I assume would be Mary and Carla attempting to hitchhike their way back to university after being left behind on a Floridian study-abroad informational tour or something.
>>
>>87901765
>Don't worry, Mary, you can't be pregnant. Mike sent me a pic of you lezzing out with some redhead.
>Carla, this is a picture of me and you!
>Oh...yeah, you might be pregnant.
>>
>>87899509
there's also the 'crystals' copypasta that put a guy in the hospital

the hand grenade thread that ended the next day with a grenade exploding in someone's house

and, of course, a guy shooting himself up with fluorescent chemicals on /b/'s insistence
>>
>>87902136
>there's also the 'crystals' copypasta that put a guy in the hospital
>and, of course, a guy shooting himself up with fluorescent chemicals on /b/'s insistence

Got the stories on these two?
>>
>>87902160
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_RPNI-QMIE
there's more fucked up /b/ shit here, but this video has the ones I mentioned.
>>
>>87900299
It was important for Becky Sugar and Ian to know that just because they created something it wasn't actually theirs.
>>
>>87902190
for clarification, here are the two specifically so you don't have to watch the whole thing
https://youtu.be/8_RPNI-QMIE?t=5m44s
https://youtu.be/8_RPNI-QMIE?t=7m12s
>>
>>87902136

That's different

Our actions are carried out in the unabashed spirit of nihilistic entertainment

They carry out heinous acts in the name of peace and love and shit

God hates a hypocrite
>>
>>87902299
oh, I definitely agree that justifying what you do is far more dangerous

but let's not kid ourselves and pretend that /b/ was never responsible for any seriously fucked up shit.
>>
>>87902190
>>87902216
Thanks, yo. That's still the result of people being idiots, I would say. Especially the "crystals" entry.

I suppose the difference is in how /b/ does not actually target any specific people unless they make themselves a target, while SJW-types will do whatever they can to target a person even if they lack anything concretely identifiable.
>>
>>87902347
eeeeh..../b/ almost lynched a guy they thought was the boston marathon bomber during the weekend the guys were on the lam.
>>
>>87902388
Maybe, but everybody blamed it on Reddit, so that makes it okay.

Though seriously, I recall being in the /pol/ threads when the manhunt ensued, and while people were found, I don't think we immediately targeted anybody; I think we were more obsessed with finding outright evidence of being the culprit before reporting anything.
>>
>>87902422
let's not forget CWC
>>
>>87902422

IMO when it comes to 4chan vs Tumblr, 4chan's actions are almost a nonissue

4chan's community would never make claims towards being the "good guy", while Tumblr as a community has a cause in the form of more-or-less extreme Progressivism. When your cause amounts to "Do whatever we want" it's hard to betray it by nature; when it's as specific as "Accept everyone, love everyone, build a better world, etc." it's much more easy.

Basically, Tumblr has nothing real to target in criticizing 4chan. 4chan can take Tumblr's creed and use examples of it being broken to make their community look more pathetic and hypocritical.
>>
File: trichophilia.png (354KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
trichophilia.png
354KB, 1000x333px
In tonight's strip, freestyle coke machines are ruined forever. Ew.
>>
>>87902851
Hey now, being honest about your fetishes are an important part of a healthy relationship.
>>
>>87902851

What the utter fuck did she just say.

Also, Aspie confirmed
>>
>>87902851
Good lord, we were only joking about Becky having a scalp fetish.

Also, if this is Willis trying to make up for fucking up the part of the Becky/Dina dynamic where Dina felt that she was a rebound for Becky, then this is the wrong way to go about it.
>>
>>87902851
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0p1lptErbJ2
>>
>>87902960
I didn't know David Hayter browsed /doag/.
>>
>>87902851
Does this mean we are gonna get to see Becky and Dina tits soon? C'mon on, Willis, I know you're lurking.
>>
>>87902851
>>87902960
and because why not, here's the rest of the strip narrated.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0WWcrcDyfkJ
>>
File: Asami18.gif (675KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
Asami18.gif
675KB, 500x273px
>>87902851
>that last panel
>>
File: Tychus Findlay.jpg (2MB, 3754x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Tychus Findlay.jpg
2MB, 3754x1600px
>>87902960
God damn it, Tychus, that's fucked up.
>>
Guys, this is the first time I've seen this comic, and I can't tell what's an edit and what's not.

Is this an SJW trash comic or is it a brilliant satire? What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>87903135
SJW trash.
>>
>>87902851
Wow. That sounds disgusting. Like...something about that sounds grosser than eating her out.
>>
>>87903027
>>87902960
I'm the guy who did the recordings, and I'll record anything you want me to.

just let me know. pages, parody pages, fanfics, whatever.

though I'm heading to bed now.
>>
>>87902960
I just jizzed everywhere.
>>
>>87903206
>>87903027

So Kawaii
>>
>>87902851
Why does Dina put up with this? No amount of autism and loneliness could possibly justify wanting to deal with Becky on a daily basis.
>>
>>87850608
it should take you 10.
>>
>>87903240
Dina secretly wants to get scissored.
>>
>>87832434
"I will make her a lesbian even if she's not one"

For fuck's sake Willis, just what shit has your wife fed you
>>
>>87903515
to be fair, shortpacked robin wasn't lesbian either, she was just super into leslie, and then only after a long time hanging out together.
>>
>>87903544
So she was the opposite of that girl that writes 'oh joy, sex toy'?
>>
>>87903747
pretty much.

that's a pretty deep pull, mate.
>>
File: tumblr_m9y27mDT8k1qkinreo1_1280.gif (74KB, 700x568px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m9y27mDT8k1qkinreo1_1280.gif
74KB, 700x568px
>>87903777
Believe me, I can pull much deeper.
>>
File: tumblr_m9y67wmALX1qjop0x.gif (38KB, 500x161px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m9y67wmALX1qjop0x.gif
38KB, 500x161px
>>87903841
>>
>>87903206
Please, oh please, do any one of the Slipshine censorships.
>>
>>87903893
post it here or on imgur
>>
>>87889831
Yo. I'm intel on what goes on in the tumblrsphere, and according to accounts and screencaps of what August himself said, the dude would solicit nudes from teens or even 12yos. He admitted to using his 100+k followers as a celebrity deal to get pics, and supposedly was into hentai doll roleplay?

I've seen worse, though. I was the main anon who pushed the-red-church into leaving tumblr, out of fear I'd show his rich family the scams he pulled or the rape fantasies he had towards his mother. I also found Vade's secret accounts and reminded her of the suicide she caused.

So these people may be 14, but they still do some deep shit.
>>
>>87902989
>A Coke freestyle machine?
>>
>>87902989
http://vocaroo.com/i/s084V0NYbHaR
>>87904142
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0lZ0MdcNR62
>>
>>87904344
Hahahaha. You've made my night, man.
>>
>>87904344
>>87904386
Agreed. And I wasn't even requesting anything.

Also, here's all of the Slipshine censorships since somebody else asked: http://bgrevln8fu.tumblr.com/tagged/Slipshine
I feel dirty since I'm the jerk who made them all. I feel dirtier suggesting that "Tales of Sinterest" would work best if you were going to try and make a dialogue.
>>
>>87904445
alright, I'll record it while I'm at class tomorrow.

I'm in radio and have access to professional recording booths.
>>
>>87904497
>having class during Thanksgiving week
See, if you were smart like Willis, you could have dropped out after freshman year and have one GIANT year-long weekend instead!
>>
>>87904522
I'm Canadian.

And my college gave us a full week off a month ago.

And I got thanksgiving as well.

Not only that, I have a 4 day class week, with fridays off, so I got to have a 4 day weekend.

suck on that, amerifat nerd.
>>
>>87904562
d-don't oppress me, you white male
brb penning a comic decrying Canadian oppression of Americans

J-just because you have maple syrup and hockey, it doesn't mean you can hoist us by our own petards~!
>>
>>87904598
how DARE you assume my skin colour or gender, you fucking shitlord?

I have half a mind to write a strongly worded letter to mr trudeau, eh?
>>
>>87904633
>black or Asian female with David Hayter's voice
That's probably somebody's fetish.

Also, if you're gonna write to Trudeau, you had better make sure you do it within CURRENT YEAR.
>>
>>87904671
>There are only 3 races and two genders
#triggered
>>
>>87904685
Stay triggered, leafy.
>>
>>87901274
>>87901474

When whats his name got beat up by bullies, all Joe could do was go "Yay, me!" for his scenario coming true earlier than he expected. Joe had ZERO concern that someone got beat up
>>
>>87901474

Lucas created Star Wars. He created the characters. It's really arrogance to claim you know better.

Sorry, I realize that it's the hip, fashionable thing to do to constantly and relentlessly shit on Lucas and the prequels, but I don't hop on the trendy bandwagon. That's for the lesser people.
>>
>>87902203

Im going to assume this was a joke
>>
>>87905057

When was this now?
>>
>>87905608
Haven't found any evidence of it. I found where Danny got attacked. But there's nothing I've found where Joe and Danny actually talked about it.

I did find where Joe is amused that Dorothy broke up with him so quickly. Don't forget to use AdBlock.

http://www.dumbingofage.com/2010/comic/book-1/01-move-in-day/available/
http://www.dumbingofage.com/2010/comic/book-1/01-move-in-day/prediction/
http://www.dumbingofage.com/2010/comic/book-1/01-move-in-day/seven/
>>
>>87904497
Lucky bastard.
>>
>>87905910
To be fair, everyone except Danny knew that relationship was going to hit rock bottom as soon as they got to college
>>
>>87905910

Alright. I was mistaken. Im sorry.

However Joe was still pretty gleeful about his "win". Doesnt matter that the other poor guy got his heart broken, Joe clearly only cared about himself there, to Hell with how Danny's might feel. That makes him a shitty person
>>
>>87906604
Hey, no worries! I was half-remembering it myself when you said it originally.

Yeah, Joe was pretty unpleasant at the beginning, but he's much more rounded-out as a character now.

I did notice in my searching that Joe used it as an opportunity to help Danny meet other girls. They've known each other for a long time, so he knew that things weren't going anywhere with Dorothy and Danny, and he was trying to help him take it less seriously. But the way it's spread out in-comic sure doesn't make it look that way on first reading.
>>
>>87902895
>Aspie
>noticing when people aren't making eye contact with you
Isn't one of the main things of the autism spectrum failure to notice social cues?
>>
>>87907202
Dina's been making a greater effort to notice stuff like that since she started rooming with Amber.

Which makes you wonder why no one tried to help her out on that front beforehand. Did Dina get all the way through high school without someone trying to befriend her? I know she's a bit weird, but an awkward asian girl is exactly the sort of person that other weird teens try to recruit to be weird with together.
>>
File: Want.png (39KB, 167x160px) Image search: [Google]
Want.png
39KB, 167x160px
>>87901462
Ug. This good.
>>
>>87907232
She could have had acquaintances but no real friends. Or she could have been dropped in special education.

I knew a guy growing up with Aspergers and Dina reflects a lot of his traits. While he was in normal classes in school his parents sheltered him pretty hard otherwise so he was pretty uneven in social awareness.
>>
>>87908385
We really need more information on how high school went for everybody.

I know Billie was a party girl who everyone wants to avoid now (except Walky, because he's an idiot), but that's it really
>>
>>87878584
Willys confirmed shitposter and spammer pd these threads
>>
>>87836347
Women feel like they deserve everything, at all times, and then some.

They project this onto men. Though, it doesn't help that the sterotypical Alpha Chad is also someone who feels they've earned everything they've gotten. And don't take not getting something they feel they've earned well.

Thus, lesbians represent the worst aspects of both female nature, and their imaginations of male nature.

Fun fact: Lesbians have the highest rates of domestic violence. Homosexual men the lowest. So the more women you add to a relationship, the more violent it gets.
>>
>>87909346
There could be a real element of tragedy to Walky and Billie. He's fixated on a childhood friendship she abandoned years ago; she's rejecting the one person who'd call her out on her bullshit but not abandon her.

Walky in general has an air of pathos about him. I don't know if it's intentional, but Willis seems to imply that Walky's childishness stems from a fixation, and attempt to relieve, a far happier time in his life. There was also the weird implication that he's using Dorothy as a substitute for his relationship with Sal.
>>
>>87858106
Alcohol is the most common date rape drug because women are idiots.

They drink to black-out, then assume someone put something in their drink.
>>
>>87901462
>http://imgur.com/beSMR7A
Friggin' HOT. Love it.
Weirdly enough, I got a commission for a lewd Mary but I'm still waitin' for payment before I post it.
>>
File: CatgirlCon3.gif (63KB, 550x698px) Image search: [Google]
CatgirlCon3.gif
63KB, 550x698px
>>87905253
It's a common theme in many fandoms, looking back. All the way back to Star Trek, and current stuff like Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and Harry Potter. The quote is based on something Obidiah Stane said in the first Iron Man movie, but Something Positive did a big arc where Davan's catgirl fans rioted at a con because his comic wasn't going the way they wanted.

Yup, it was a webcomic about a dude with a webcomic for a while.
>>
>>87910085
I can definitely see the fixation part. It's an odd mirror of Billie, actually. They're both trying to get back to a time when Billie was popular and Walky was smart, but they've left that place and come to a new one where all of their skills and benefits are useless. Walky's slowly cracking up and trying to hide the fact that he's cracking up, and Billie's using Ruth's pathological need of her to give her something to live for.

Don't see the Dorothy replacing Sal bit though.

>>87910557
Shit, that's me, isn't it? I'll get it sent by tonight.
>>
>>87910599
Strictly speaking it was Jason and Davan's webcomic made for the express purpose of pandering to weeb kids so they could get their hands on the parent's money.

>>87910636
Dorothy isn't really replacing Sal, but he's using the relationship to get a similar emotional reaction. It shows up when he starts watching cartoons with Dorothy. In and of itself it wouldn't be an issue, bringing new people into your traditions and habits as a form of bonding is normal, but the way Walk talks about how he and Sal used to watch cartoons and his anger at Dorothy for trying to keep a conversation with him while watching points to something a bit less benign.
>>
>>87910636
Well, if I can trust that you'll pay, I don't mind postin' it now. You requested wardrobe malfunction Mary, right?
>>
>>87878941
really wow gay I just heard about his website from my cousin and it's been a drug ever since.
>>
>>87910950

Say goodbye to the world you knew

You're ours now
>>
>>87910865
Nah, wait until the payment clears. If we don't obey the basic laws of transactions, capitalism will fall apart and anarchy will reign.
>>
>>87911000
>Say goodbye to the world you knew
I've been here far too long for that to have any meaning.
>>
>>87910865
>>87911225
http://imgur.com/a/BfaEb
Whelp payment cleared so here y'all go.
>>
>>87911558
Bueno.

And that partially trimmed bush?
Bueno excellente.
>>
File: epiphany.png (539KB, 729x400px) Image search: [Google]
epiphany.png
539KB, 729x400px
>>87902764
>mfw you put exactly how I was feeling into words
>>
Voice anon here:

so I was going to post the recordings here once they were done, but it looks like this thread is almost dead, so I'll post them in the next one.

I was going to use the booths at school, but I realized they're not entirely soundproof and I don't feel like explaining why I'm loudly banting about fishy cunts
>>
>>87911558
>>87911979
It's been a while since I've seen pubes that didn't resemble their head hair.
Thread posts: 508
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.