[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come nobody has made a live action Captain Planet movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1828473929.jpg (96KB, 480x390px) Image search: [Google]
1828473929.jpg
96KB, 480x390px
How come nobody has made a live action Captain Planet movie?

It a perfect time for something like this, considering the enviromental issues we have today.
>>
>>87802736
DiCaprio is producing it, actually.
>>
>>87803031
And it's apparently going to involve Captain Planet being a "washed-up has been."

So, how's this gonna go down? Gritty/realistic or campy/self aware? Which would be more likely to fail?
>>
>>87802736
Too controversial now that we're actually feeling the effects of climate change.

>>87803579
>So, how's this gonna go down? Gritty/realistic or campy/self aware?

DiCaprio's producing it, and he's really invested in climate change, so it's most likely going to be a shitty copy of Birdman, if Keaton's character had superpowers all along.

>Which would be more likely to fail?
Gritty and realistic.
>>
>>87803712
pretty fucking sad how the truth is controversial to capitalists
>>
But they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwJaELXadKo
>>
>>87803887
I'm just worried that Trump's going to drag us out of the Paris agreements. Now's the time to fucking act, and he wants to call the whole thing a hoax.
>>
File: 1362429525212.gif (582KB, 250x170px) Image search: [Google]
1362429525212.gif
582KB, 250x170px
We need to remake Captain Planet for 2016 though

Kwame is a former petrochemical engineer from Somalia. He wields the element of Earth and joined the Planeteers to save the planet from the damage caused by fossil fuels, and fight for social justice for muslims and refugees

Wheeler is now a bisexual hipster from Portland. He wields the element of fire and joined the Planeteers to save the planet from the damage caused by hate and fight for social justice for LGBTQIA

Linka is an atheist from the Ukraine. She wields the power of wind and joined the Planeteers to save the planet from the damage caused by industrialization and fight for social justice against organized (Christian) religion

Gi is a former rising star from the communist party of not-China-wink-wink. She wields the power of water and joined the Planeteers to fight the damage caused by human overpopulation and fight for social justice for women

Ma-Ti is a tribal shaman from the heart of the Brazilian rainforest. He does not wield a particular element, but is the only one that can talk directly with the Earth. The others channel their powers through him to summon Captain Planet. Also functions as a comedy relief character due to his poor English skills and lack of knowledge of the outside world. Fights for social justice for indigenous peoples
>>
would Captain Planet fit better in the Marvel Universe or the DC Universe
>>
>>87807509
I'd want a DC comic in the vein of the Flintstones I that counts.
>>
GET HIM OUT OF HERE! HE'S GOT AIDSSSSSSSSSS
>>
File: 1474054876375.jpg (13KB, 252x190px) Image search: [Google]
1474054876375.jpg
13KB, 252x190px
>>87803712
>now that we're actually feeling the effects of climate change

Sure you are, anon. Sure you are.
>>
What if they made Captain Planet a girl ?
>>
>>87803579
Zoolander selfdepricating tone, with Benedict Cabbagepatch as Captain Planet
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.