[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick Spiderman question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 300px-Spider_man_wall_crawl.jpg (51KB, 300x210px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Spider_man_wall_crawl.jpg
51KB, 300x210px
Is Spiderman able to fall asleep wall clinging to a vertical surface or do the barbs on his body relax when he's unconscious? I've never seen him knocked out and still sticking to a wall. Be pretty funny though.
>>
>>87792248
>barbs
>>
File: 9696678_orig.png (647KB, 1100x564px) Image search: [Google]
9696678_orig.png
647KB, 1100x564px
That's what they're called, right?
>>
>>87792339
Read a comic instead of trying to get all your info from a movie.

Spider-man has nuclear superpowers but branded himself well. He is if the "nuclear man" with all his various powers decided to theme himself. He does not have barbs that let him stick to walls but uses nuclear force (Van Der Waals force if i recall correctly) to stick to walls even at walking up or down forming a right angle with the wall.
>>
>>87792339
This shot always made me cringe as a kid
>>
>>87792523
Huh, so you're saying he uses Van De Waals (what spiders and geckos use) force to stick to walls but does so by emanating nuclear energy? I'll buy it. So does he stop sticking if he's unconscious or what?
>>
>>87792523

Makes sense I guess.

So the fact that he's a totem for the multiversal spiders comes from the symbolic act of being bitten by a spider, not that his powers are actually those of a spider
>>
>>87792759
Pretty sure he stays stuck if knocked out but I may be wrong.
>>
A little research...

The entry in the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe states that Spider-Man is able to "enhance the flux of inter-atomic attractive forces on surfaces he touches, increasing the coefficient of friction between that surface and himself."

Sounds like Van Der Waals force but doesn't say how he does it specifically.
>>
>>87792795
It comes from a really shitty storyline from a writer I expected better of.
>>
>>87792523
It's like that.

He does lose adhesion if he is unconscious.

at least in the old days, no force could pull him off of something. He could be forced to let go in order to not be pulled apart, but like when Colossus pulls him off a wall underground in the x-mansion, parts of the wall go with him. Metal parts.
>>
>>87792248
I specifically remember a time where he was forced to stick to a slide while falling down and basically scraping the wall and it was so painful he was left unconscious and stuck to it.
>>
>>87792795
I will never accept that Spider Totem shit as canon. He got bit by a fucking bug and that's it.
>>
As a general rule he has to consciously choose to stick to something. Knock him out and his stick powers go off too. Crawling on his hands and feet is also easier to do than running up a vertical surface; he can do the latter but it's easier to do the former when scaling larger distances and when he needs to be more sticky... say in high gale conditions when climbing a skyscraper.

There's a story out there where Colossus from the X-Men grabs hold of him when he's sticking to the wall and he manages to pull him away from the surface, he just brings most of the plaster and half of the wall he was sticking to with him. If you place him on a solid enough surface, you would pull Spidey's arms out of their sockets long before you ever broke the hold of his bio-magnetism.
>>
>>87792248
>>87792339
Hahaha I would like to smell them.
>>
>>87792523

How does that explain his balance powers?
>>
>>87796567

B-But Spiderverse!
>>
>>87792339
>>
>>87792759
Van der waals forces are weak attractive forces between two molecules. They are not ionic, dipole or covalent forces
What he issaying is that he manipulates something "similar" to gravity to get stuck to walls.
>>
>>87792248
Goddammit, there was one issue during the Clone Saga where Ben was falling, caught onto a wall and ko'd himself and stuck there and I CAN'T FIND THE DAMN ISSUE.
>>
>>87795152
And if the wall is strong enough to avoid being pulled off, you're more likely to tear his arms and legs off than you are of getting him to unstick.
>>
>>87792523
I saw an interesting theory that hypothesized that his stick em powers, along with his spider-sense, had a grounding in psychic ability, since they are dependent on his mind. That is, he will automatically stick to something unless he wills himself not to, and he can ignore his spider-sense (which he often does, to his detriment), otherwise it would go off at every little thing.

>>87794642
>>87796567
I enjoyed the Other, and I enjoyed JMS run with Ezekiel. I did not like Spider-Verse in the slightest, Slott slotted over it.

>>87796803
Could have sworn there was something that said each of his fingers have like a five ton stress, so you'd need fifty tons of opposing force to pull him away from something. Obviously Colossus could do that, but I'm wondering about the validity of the claim.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.