[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /co/, now that both are long over, which was better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 14

File: maxresdefault.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
So /co/, now that both are long over, which was better?
>>
Both of them were born in the wrong time. Korra would have worked way better fighting the Fire Nation and Aang would have rocked at solving complex political problems peacefully.
In terms of who did best, I´d say Aang fucked up the least, so Aang was better in that regard.
Character wise, as in picking the best character, I´d say Korra was a bit more complex and interesting for me because she suffered more, at least, judging the events that transpired the series. Aang had a pretty fucked up backstory and had some tough moments, such as when he, well, died. But I think Korra got the shit beaten out of her more often and still did her best. That's pretty engaging for me.
However, that last part is subjective.
So, they were better and worse in general.

When it comes to how they fit in their world, I think Aang just comes around as the character who despite being in a very opposing setting pushed through the best. I mean, his pacifist ways in the long run worked better in a world in war than Korra's aggressive ways in a relatively pacific world.

So, I think the point goes to Aang.
>>
>>87791688
Aang because he didn't get every single thing wrong
>>
>>87791826
>Both of them were born in the wrong time.

I think that was kinda the point, but i can see how having a aggressive Avatar in a time that needs meditation will probably end up worse for it

I liked the drama it created though
>>
AtLA

Even with what >>87791826 said it's still wrong for that aspect. Korra would not have worked better at fighting the Fire Nation and not for the reason that Bryke would have had her fail just as much as in her LoK version. Aang brought peace to a war torn world. Korra would, if the star were right, would have fought down the Fire Nation with violence and there would be another power vacuum once the current Fire Nation Royal Family was subdued. So the situation would end up like how the Earth Kingdom ended up in Korra's time.

Switching them, also, would not work. Aang managed to get through to Zuko because Zuko also had good inside of him that wanted to be at the forefront. He had honor and reason to his actions that was above what LoK's antagonists had.
Aang would NOT have "rocked at solving complex political problems peacefully" because:
1.) It is an action adventure show
2.) Korra did approach things peacefully at first in Books 2-4 but the antagonists wouldn't have it
3.) Aang did not settle things by sitting down to mediate things but through action
4.) The antagonists in LoK were using politics as a means to their own ends, they were not open to political solutions
They would not listen to Aang. They would fight back.
>>
Korra's massive breasts.
>>
Aang wasn't the worst avatar of all time, so I'd have to say he was a bit better.
>>
>>87792394
Are ruined since they're attached to a pigheaded cunt
>>
>>87791688
Korra
>>
>>87792499
You got problems
>>
>>87791826
Most of korras suffering boiled down to her moping about until someone else fixed her problem.
>>
>>87791688
Korra easy
>>
File: Random_Equalist_chi_blocker.png (108KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Random_Equalist_chi_blocker.png
108KB, 444x250px
>>87791826
>Korra would have worked way better fighting the Fire Nation
>>
File: 1466555138276.jpg (25KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1466555138276.jpg
25KB, 600x600px
>>87791826
>Korra was a bit more complex and interesting
Retardation is not complex nor interesting. She wasn't conflicted, she was stupid.

Also, she would be dead day-1 for not running away from the fire nation.
>>
File: avatar_state_by_dctb-d6s13wj.jpg (1004KB, 1174x660px) Image search: [Google]
avatar_state_by_dctb-d6s13wj.jpg
1004KB, 1174x660px
>>87791688
we got to see more of Aangs entire journey and saw more or less how it ended so Aang.

that said Avatar Wan best Avatar.
>>
>>87798910
Wan was cool but his story was a fucking disaster that utterly ruined the Avatar mythos.

>show based on asian mysticism
>hur durr let's have god and the devil show up, fuck nuance

So fucking retarded.

Also, it shat up the reincarnation theme.
>>
>>87798963
>hur durr let's have god and the devil show up, fuck nuance
Chaos and Order are full of nuance.
>>
>>87798910
>Wan best Avatar
wasn't he responsible for liberating Vaatu the first time?
>>
One was classic cartoon that will be remembered for decades to come do to its quality

The other has lesbians
>>
>>87791688
>Better Avatar
Aang

>Better Show
ATLA
>>
>>87798998
They weren't chaos and order though.

Vaatu just wanted to destroy everything forever.

They were the unambiguous 'good' and 'evil' spirits.
>>
File: 1464301157213.png (45KB, 255x238px) Image search: [Google]
1464301157213.png
45KB, 255x238px
>>87791688
can we stop having stupid fucking threads like this you know people are just going to hate on korra fucking stop you stupid fuck
>>
Last Airbender was a better series AND Aang was a better avatar. How is this even a question?
>>
>>87799556
Someone might not be aware that Avatar: the Last Airbender is the better series. These threads are to inform those people.
>>
>>87799626
fuck off retard if they dont tell them to watch it stop making stupid fucking threads
>>
I've never watched Korra nor do I intend to. It feels good
>>
File: 1461438638098.gif (134KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
1461438638098.gif
134KB, 400x200px
>>87799760
>he fell for the korra hate meme
>>
>>87799760
It's an excellent example on how not to write. If you ever find yourself or someone you know having difficulty finding out how to write a character or expand lore or reveal a mystery, watch Korra to see how bad ideas can run amuck and how terrible execution can kill.
>>
>>87799974
>>
>>87791688
Obviously Atla but the gap isn't that wide.
>>
>>87799974
Atla also has those aspects. They wrote themselves in a corner from day 1, which ended up giving us a most unsatisfying ending.
>>
>>87800297
You're talking about the avatar state? i really don't see how this is a bad thing.

Honestly, people that expected some sort of epic/hard fight, or Aang to just kill him, just sound like edgy teenagers. There is nothing really wrong with how things ended; Aang decided to stick with his morals, and in the end manage to control the avatar state to win.
>>
File: nuktuk.jpg (62KB, 777x429px) Image search: [Google]
nuktuk.jpg
62KB, 777x429px
>WHO'S GONNA FUCK HIS FRIENDS FOR FREEDOM?
>NUT TUK
>HE'S GOT THE BIGGEST BADDEST BENDINGIST COCK i KNOWWW
>WHO FUCKS IN THE ICY TUNDRA
>NUTTUCK
>FUCKING VIRGINS IN THE SNOW
>WHEN HE GETS DUMPED BY KORRA
>HE'LL PUNCH HER IN THE MOUTH
>HE'S NUTTUCK, THE FUCKER OF THE SOUUUUUUUUUUUUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>87802427
fuckin kek'd
>>
File: stan.jpg (53KB, 792x612px) Image search: [Google]
stan.jpg
53KB, 792x612px
>>87791688
>which was better?

Weak bait.
>>
>>87791688

ATLA
>>
>>87791688
Are you asking which show was better or who would win in a fight?

ATLA was a better show no contest.

I don't know who would win in a fight because Korra has powers that didn't exist in the first show but Aang is a much better fighter. I don't think he ever lost a one on one.
>>
>>87802324
>>87800297
>>87799974
>>87799760
ITT
People forget that Aang had a whole conflict of losing his avatar state, having an entire episode centered on it for it to then be recovered by a FUCKING ROCK TO THE BACK.
It would've been 3x as satifying having the entire gang meet up and fight the Fire Lord and cover for Aang's weakness for not having a boost in each of the elements he wasn't born with, since that was the ENTIRE POINT that he abandoned his dominion over the Avatar State, for love and friends.
>>
>>87803765
I'm not ignoring shit, that's exactly part of the writing corner I was talking about
>>
>>87802324
You don't write a moral dilemma that involves killing a character (while at the same time putting seemingly insurmountable snags in the way of the alternative) when your show won't allow for that to happen.
>>
>>87803765
And who wrote the finale of Aang's story? That specific episode, who is credited with writing it?

The same duo that wrote the entirety of Book 1 and wrote the finale of Book 2 and Book 4 of Korra's story.
>>
>>87803765
i'm glad it didn't end like:
>we have to combine our powers and attack the fire lord all at once to defeat him

that would have been too cliche
>>
>>87791688
Aang's was better overall, though Korra's not to be ignored.

Korra's seasons were disjointed. While Aang's main villain was always the Fire Lord, with minor villains and trials leading up to him, Korra killed the best, most dangerous villain with the best backstory in the first season (Amon) when everything should've been leading up to him.

I'm not hating on Korra, though, because I did like her series and watched it every week. Loved the characters, though I thought a younger group, like Aang's had been, would've made the series much better. Mako and Bolin as street orphans, Asami as an affluent child slumming it up, whose mother is murdered by a fire bender (possibly a ruse by Amon in order to get her father on his side), and Korra being the same Korra, only smaller.
>>
>>87791688
TLA by a longshot
>>
>>87791688
Both. They're still one series. Also, Korra had the better villains.
>>
AtLA is clearly superior OP...

You know it, I know it, the lurkers know it, the trolls know it, even the KorraFags know it...
>>
>>87805969
You seem triggered.
>>
File: 1444172223301.png (175KB, 430x443px) Image search: [Google]
1444172223301.png
175KB, 430x443px
>>87803765
>having an entire episode centered on it for it to then be recovered by a FUCKING ROCK TO THE BACK
Didn't Aang lost it by getting hit in the back?
>>
>>87804069
1. people died before in ATLA
2. Aang just decided not to kill. Stop being an edgy kid.
>>
>>87791688
Last Air Bender. It was better put together with a stronger plot.
Korra shat the bed twice and had 2 seasons that could be summarized as "older man manipulates little girl"
>>
>>87803765
>that was the ENTIRE POINT that he abandoned his dominion over the Avatar State, for love and friends
Nigga did you even fucking watch the series? He unlocked the Avatar State by, in the middle of a fucking crisis, focusing on it instead of saving his friends. He had to accept that there were things more important and by turning his back on them, albeit briefly, that was the way to unlocking it. He didn't sacrifice shit.
>>
>>87806187

You are mistaken...
>>
>>87806378

He got hit with lightning while in the Avatar state, I think...
>>
>>87806558
Those who are experience feelings of restriction and are trying hard to not have an autistic meltdown would often claim they are not triggered. As a Doctor, I can confirm this.
>>
>>87806658

Is that so?

How interesting...

On a related note, what are you a doctor of exactly?
>>
>>87806378
by a fucking lightning dude, hardly something that a rock can recover
>>
>>87806594
he got hit on that exact same spot, anon. That's the reason he couldn't get into avatar state; the 'chakra'/marma/whatever you call it was locked. It's not stretching at all to think that hitting it again could unlock it.
>>
>>87806838
1. with enough force, a rock can cause just as much damage
2. it was on the Exact same place

As i said, it's far from unthinkable that hitting it again could unlock his powers again.
>>
>>87806847

Uh, okay Anon...

I was just answering some guy's question...

Please don't hurt me...
>>
File: 1464514955847.png (431KB, 800x733px) Image search: [Google]
1464514955847.png
431KB, 800x733px
>>87807020
No, YOU DON'T GET TO QUIT

Argue with ME!
>>
>>87791826
Korra is stronger and has tougher villains
>>
>>87791688
With the benefit of hindsight...

Still AtLA
>>
>>87807442

Alright...

I do not appreciate you Anon...

You resemble a balding tarsier, and smell of flop sweat and elderberries...

I also find your interests highly disagreeable, and think you are a little dense...

(Am I doing it right?)
>>
File: Avatar how it should have been.png (211KB, 974x1092px) Image search: [Google]
Avatar how it should have been.png
211KB, 974x1092px
>>87791826
>>
>>87809149
>leads to the devastation of her tribe and a hundred year war
Even in the next alternate universe, people will still hate Korra for justifiable reasons.
>>
I still think Aang should have beaten Ozai without Avatar god-mode. He should have instead have beaten Ozai by seamlessly using all four elements because he understood the underlying temperament / principle behind each one, showing that he is a master of the elements not because he was born the Avatar but because he had reached enlightenment.
>>
>>87809730
He did though.

Stood his ground and shot him out of the sky with earthbending.
Used lightning redirection based on waterbending movement to shoot back the a technique of firebending back at Ozai.
Stuck to his interpretation of airbending principles and made sure the sure-kill shot of lightning didn't strike Ozai.

Then at the end used earthsense to see Ozai's movement despite having his back turned. Overpowered Ozai firebreath that is augmented by the comet with his own regular airbending. Then casually lifted the ocean and put at the fires with waterbending.
>>
>>87810091
But defeating him in Avatar-mode cheapens his mastery over the elements
>>
>>87791688
The one with huge tits
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.u3[1].jpg (83KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.u3[1].jpg
83KB, 600x800px
>>87799026
>>
>>87806847
>"I can't enter my avatar state anymore."
>"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"
>"Didn't work."
>"Have you tried giving it a good kick?"
>>
LoK is better for Korra's character arc alone, which is just tremendous. She's a terrific main character.
>>
>>87791826

>relatively pacific world.

Pacifist is the world you were looking for. 9/10 post though.
>>
I rewatched TLoK not too long ago and I thought book 2 was great. Not a single boring moment, it's an absolutely fantastic season though, gets too much unfounded hate.
>>
>>87807477
No she doesn't. No she isn't.
>>
>>87813984
>having shit taste
>>
>>87813984
Its a different beat but not as bad as people wish.

I'd say all four books could have stood to be more stand alone stories but all are pretty fine.
>>
>>87812393
And a wealthy girlfriend.
>>
i can forgive the rock because Aang going full ANGRY GOD on Ozai's ass was magnificent.
>>
File: spice must flow.jpg (146KB, 611x700px) Image search: [Google]
spice must flow.jpg
146KB, 611x700px
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agusDATduWQ
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.