[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 294
Thread images: 77

So what are people interested in most for the future of this franchise? The comics? TV? Movies?
>>
I want them to let High Moon make more games.
>>
when will we get a spin-off with all the robots as kids ala tiny toons
>>
>>87785372
They had to stop?
>>
>>87785323
That Aligned and MTMTE can find their way to be better than they are.
>>
I want Michael Bay to quit directing, and get a reboot in which the characters are recognizeable and not chop-shopped.
>>
File: smoking and waiting for the kids.png (668KB, 1004x843px) Image search: [Google]
smoking and waiting for the kids.png
668KB, 1004x843px
>>87786004
> reboot
Nice and all but do you really think you can lure people back in with "the war for cybertron has come to earth"? Don't forget, you gotta have a human element or the suits won't give you the money.
>>
>>87785323
Videogames and TV shows inspired by the current IDW comics.
>>
File: Rods and Megs (1).jpg (841KB, 1267x1267px) Image search: [Google]
Rods and Megs (1).jpg
841KB, 1267x1267px
>>87786586
RPG with the LL could be neat, but I think it'd end up like Persona 3 with its VN elements.
>>
>>87785323
I just hope we don't have to look at Beast Machines inspired designs in the comics since we now have Beast Wars characters thanks to the Eukaria colony.
>>
>>87787348

Strika and Tankor are already in the comics.

Botanica and Nightscream may make cameos, and perhaps even the Megatron werewolf thing, but I think that'd be the extent of it.
>>
File: sandlake rattrap (3).jpg (1MB, 800x1130px) Image search: [Google]
sandlake rattrap (3).jpg
1MB, 800x1130px
>>87787393
I was thinking more of other ill-advised things. Strika and Tankor were always fine.
>>
>>87787494
Strika would be better if she looked like a woman.
>>
>>87787499
> a robot would be better if it looked like a human
You and your tastes are weak, and I dream of the day you and your ilk die out.
>>
>>87787509

The weak shall perish.
>>
File: BW Megatron in TFA style -ish.jpg (245KB, 700x1084px) Image search: [Google]
BW Megatron in TFA style -ish.jpg
245KB, 700x1084px
>>87787861
Yesss...
>>
File: SG Scream.png (1MB, 636x989px) Image search: [Google]
SG Scream.png
1MB, 636x989px
>>87785323
More "Elsewords"/"What If" kind of one-shots, or something expanding Shattered Glass.
>>
>>87788993
I thought Shattered Glass had been played out.
>>
>>87787896
At least Hardshell got in a "yessss" before Miko killed him.
>>
>>87788993
He's scientist? Really? Comic sure as fuck doesn't show him doing science things.
>>
>>87785323
Movies
>>
>>87792424
That happens to him a lot. He was supposed to be a scientist in Aligned, even the head of Cybertron's Dark Energon research project on Trypticon Station. Mind you Aligned was a bit of a mess, ESPECIALLY the first novel which contradicted itself on whether he was a scientist or not. He didn't seen very science minded in TFP at first but later conducted some weird science aboard the Harbinger, helped MECH with their knockoff, apparently felt qualified to perform surgery on himself even if he didn't have the nerve (he was desperate though so that may not count), and later joined Knock Out trying to figure out the Omega Keys.

I like to think he was a scientist the same way he was a soldier. Basically he just shoved himself into a bureaucratic position, had underlings do all the hard work, and took all the credit.

TFP could be funny sometimes. Megatron, the gladiator turned political activist turned warlord, dabbled in science from time to time. They credit him with creating cybonic plague and BB had to go into his head to find the cure.
>>
>>87792768
Feels like the movies thing should have been specified in op since they're doing some weird things with the movies. Especially some of the wackier ideas like a potential GI:Joe/Transformers crossover movie. Of course they last floated that idea last year and I don't think we've heard anything since...
>>
>>87793280
>I like to think he was a scientist the same way he was a soldier. Basically he just shoved himself into a bureaucratic position, had underlings do all the hard work, and took all the credit.
I totally can see him do this. Maybe IDW will explore that but I won't hold my breath.
>>
>>87792424
It all stems from the G1 show right?
When he was a scientist with Skyfire.

I find it weird that no other incarnation reuses that story despite Starscream having grown as fangirl bait.
>>
>>87793611
I don't remember much from G1, I'm afraid. Only that I liked Cons because they were planes.
>>
File: SG_TFP.jpg (102KB, 540x702px) Image search: [Google]
SG_TFP.jpg
102KB, 540x702px
>>87790737
It ain't over till fans beg you to stop.

>>87793280
Don't forget that he also cloned himself. TFP had some weird fluctuations at times though, like you said, Megatron's plague or Scream knew how to fight hand to hand, then didn't.

>>87793611
Well, IDW Scream is still a mystery background-wise, right? We only know that he's cold-constructed and that he impersonated a Senator for some time.
>>
I want a BBATB style sendup/homage to the original cartoon and all the other obscure or just plane odd ideas Transformers has had over the years.

See if they can take on Kiss Players.
>>
File: Tetrajet_seekers.jpg (47KB, 626x480px) Image search: [Google]
Tetrajet_seekers.jpg
47KB, 626x480px
>>87793655
Jets are good, but Tetrajets are better.
>>
>>87793755
> spoiler

Easy, have Megs and OP encounter some little girls with merchandise from them in a park. Each tries to tell the girls that the figure of their respective enemy is bad, only for the girls to have them kiss and "make up". Meg and OP leave in embarassment, never to talk about it.

> And in the next episode, thanks to one of Wheeljack's invention, the Autobots and Decepticons are... KRE-Os?
>>
File: TFDev_subcvr.jpg (135KB, 472x726px) Image search: [Google]
TFDev_subcvr.jpg
135KB, 472x726px
>>87788993
Fuck you.
>>
>>87793878
I was planning on doing that, but please elaborate.
>>
>>87793739
I've seen it speculated that the writers aee nervous about touching it since he's always been so popular amongst fans.

My wish for a Spotlight: Starscream is Windblade goes digging into Starscream's background for some dirt on him. Only every bot who claims to know has a semi-plausible sounding story that differ wildely from one another.
In the end it's left ambiguous as to which if any if them where true.

Then they can give him a concrete backstory later on if they want to.
>>
>>87785372
>High Moon
>not Platinum
>>
>>87793739
>It ain't over till fans beg you to stop.
Consider this me begging. This shit was played out in 2010.
>>
>>87793755
>Optimus teams up with a different character each episode
>Optimus teams up with Blaster to stop the rock duo Sideways and Soundwave mind controlling humans with their music
>Optimus teams up with Arcee to defeat Jhiaxus and his super-clones Nemesis and Megaplex
>Optimus teams up with the captured Decepticons Ransack and Crumplezone to protect them from the DJD
I'd watch it
>>
>>87793739
Was Starscream's hand to hand prowess ever more than "stab you through the vitals when you aren't expecting it"?

I just finished marathoning it yesterday and of course there IS a ridiculous amount of plot armor that leaves their abilities and powers fluctuating wildly. Starscream's blaster once burned through a zombie vehicon and okay it was a vehicon, but we had bigger characters like Dreawing's own gun was used to burn a hole through him, Megatron one-shotting Bumblebee. Even Unicron upgraded Megatron's shots only threw people around. Sometimes people would just shrug off fire and other times it would throw them backwards and obviously hurt them. For that matter, Bumblebee punching the fuck out of Skyquake and they never had bots punching through each other like that again. Fortunately.
>>
File: TFP+RiD Scream fused looks.jpg (150KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TFP+RiD Scream fused looks.jpg
150KB, 1280x720px
>>87794019
Fuck, that sounds suspiciously like Joker, but it'd make sense that they're weary about it, and I could see your idea happen. It would be kind of hard to find the right balance for him, from not to much of a tragic bitch or complete monster but you'd still interested how long he could play his game, or what he'd do when he hits his breaking point.
>>
>>87794019
Fuuuck, I want Spotlights brought back. That'd be gold.
>>
File: catenergon.png (349KB, 500x452px) Image search: [Google]
catenergon.png
349KB, 500x452px
>>87794284
I also remember him not being a total scrub in S1 and later when he fought Arcee dirty.

>>87794190
Fine, have something different.
>>
>>87794315
Weren't they mostly doing that for toy purposes, or was that just later on
>>
File: gee Tarn.jpg (170KB, 490x356px) Image search: [Google]
gee Tarn.jpg
170KB, 490x356px
>>87794559
This entire franchise is for toy purposes, anon.
>>
Honestly? The toys.

TV is a wasteland, the comics are still really good, and too soon to judge the next movie (and no matter how good it is, the next one after that is a Bumblebee spinoff, so you know that'll suck).

But the toys? So awesome.
>>
>>87794597
Next movie involves time travel, Nazi Britain and Merlin, right?
>Bumblebee spinoff
Yikes. Odds on movie having scrappy underdog sidekick kid?
>>
I want Rescue Bots Season 5.
>>
>>87794730

Pretty good. And The Last Knight is introducing Hot Rod, so he'll probably be in it.
>>
>>87794590
Sure, but IDW was largely ignored along with most off the comics. When they got more attention they started getting more mandates from Hasbro on character inclusions and designs. Did you not know this?
>>
File: co_keltusaesi99.jpg (233KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
co_keltusaesi99.jpg
233KB, 1080x1080px
>>87794753
Hm. I'll probably be lynched right now, but I dig his design. Except face. Eyes are too spread out.
They changed Drift's color to red, interesting.
>>
>>87794746
People still like them more than RID?
>>
>>87794816

If you mean when Dark Cybertron started, yeah thats when the Spotlights were made specifically for toy pack-ins.

Back when Furman was in charge they were just for storytelling and world building.
>>
>>87794833
I think Rescue Bots hits its target group really well and isn't as pretentious - the story it tells are self-contained and really innocent, which can also appeal for some older people. RID looses the later group for fucking up expectations from TFP.
>>
>>87795014
RID is exactly what they wanted, sadly. Before it came out they basically said that although they were thrilled with the fan response to TFP and how fans reacted to the more mature storylines they were worried they were losing the middleground so they decided to aim for tweens and teens instead of older kids. I don't know how the logistics break down. Big "kids" with disposable income or younger kids with access to mommy and daddy's wallet. I do know parents are tired of buying little Timmy a new goddamn Bumblebee everytime a new one comes out. Forever a shelfwarmer.

And frankly TFP was never that dark. Sure the world was in danger and we had the shows kids directly threatened with death, and they weren't afraid to show bots dying. My favorite was Bulkhead telling Miko to look away as he ripped out a Vehicon's innards but of course she didn't and neither did the camera since they're "just robots" as far as S&P is concerned. At worst Cylas died on-screen.
>>
File: don't trust his lies.jpg (36KB, 517x432px) Image search: [Google]
don't trust his lies.jpg
36KB, 517x432px
>>87794816
I see the entirety of TF as one giant cashgrab.
>>
>>87795240

>At worst Cylas died on-screen.

First time that ever happened. On an Amercian TF toon, anyway.

Prime's problem is that no one had The Hub and every episode went over budget. A toyetic show like RiD aimed at little kiddies is guaranteed to make up for it.

Or would, if it wasn't on at the asscrack of dawn. Thanks, CN.
>>
File: k-gufu_insecticons.jpg (121KB, 500x591px) Image search: [Google]
k-gufu_insecticons.jpg
121KB, 500x591px
>>87795240
Are there any numbers how RB and RiD are doing respectively in the US and overseas? I usually see RiD and Combiners Wars figures in stores, even though both air on saturday mornings.
I have to hand it to RiD though, they have great villain designs, the "colourful animal that turns into vehicle/" should also print money nicely, not to mention the power-up with the mini-cons (didn't that originate with a TFP toyline first?).
> Bumblebee is forever a shelfwarmer.
As for the toys... I know anecdotes don't count but the other day I was in a toy store and directed a mom with her son to the TF ones. There was despair in her eyes when she told me that she hopes every year she wouldn't have to go through this again. Kid wanted the really big Bumblebee figure that could talk for 60 bucks. Mom couldn't buy that one but "Santa is bringing the big toys."

> My favorite was Bulkhead telling Miko to look away as he ripped out a Vehicon's innards but of course she didn't
That was one of my favourite scenes as well, but it set them up nicely: BH trying to protect Miko without either of them realizing that they judge situations completely differently. I have to confess though that I don't really have a frame what is dark for a kids show and what isn't except the really obvious gore-y stuff.
>>
>>87795640

>I don't really have a frame what is dark for a kids show and what isn't

Ever see Mighty Max?
>>
>>87795640
Up to mid-second season:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Transformers:_Robots_in_Disguise_(2015_TV_series)_episodes

The numbers are pretty damn bleak, but that's what you get for that timeslot.
>>
What would be the ideal Transformers cartoon if you had to create one from the ground up?
Who would be the main antagonists, the heroes?, would it have a linear plot? What's the art like? Audience?
>>
File: iyyokuk-lucid.png (563KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
iyyokuk-lucid.png
563KB, 1000x1000px
>>87795972
No, and I think these kind of things would change in 22 years?

>>87796035
> that steady decline
Yeah that isn't really hot. Wonder if it does better here.
>>
>>87795640
>have to hand it to RiD though, they have great villain designs
I wish it was easier to put the show into some perspective with TFP which itself left us scratching our heads a bit with the timeline before the finally made it clear that their war hadn't lasted millions of years since Cybertron was left a dump.

Still how long was the Alchemor lost? When the hell did most of their prisoners, criminals and misfits, operate? Most of these idiots seem like they weren't in the war and wouldn't last long anyway. Which arguably could be why they were captured, I suppose. But then why do most of them have beast modes? And even stranger, why do they have beast robot modes and still transform into vehicles?
>>
>>87796206
As long as their toys are selling, but I have no clue how well they're doing. Also I guess arguably these days there is non-tv competition. RID is on Netflix, at least up to season 1. I don't know if that factors into how Hasbro considers the show or not.

Of course there was a campaign to save Young Justice by everybody watching the show on Netflix as much as they could. Now it's getting a third season. COINCIDENCE!? I have no freaking clue. They've been trying to resurrect it for ages, both fans and the show's old staff.
>>
File: sideswipe getting told.jpg (376KB, 697x3621px) Image search: [Google]
sideswipe getting told.jpg
376KB, 697x3621px
>>87796218
Well, discounting that they just did it to have Autobots vs. Decepticons without OP and Megs..There's really only the explanation that the entirety of the Alchemor prisoners slept through the war and were branded Decepticons to demonize those in the early stages of the revolution.

And maybe in the Aligned Universe, Galvatron didn't cull the animals-formers who might've been second-class citizens for their non-humanoid forms anyway... save that snake who was once a researcher, maybe pre-war?
I'm so deep in headcanon theory about a kid's franchise I feel sick.
>>
>>87787348
wait, there are Beast Wars comics? Where?
>>
>>87796606
Correction: there are Beast Wars characters in the G1 comics.
There are also Beast Wars comics, but we don't talk about them.
>>
>>87794820
Too dark. Needs more red, bright. Also, he should totally have flames
>>
>>87794820
I'm not a fan of these colors but they'd be ideal on a hypothetical greaser Hot Rod who turns into an actual hot rod.
>>
File: beast wars pred.jpg (529KB, 1583x1024px) Image search: [Google]
beast wars pred.jpg
529KB, 1583x1024px
>>87796630
oh really? who from BW is the G1 comics and how's that playing out?

Also, why don't you talk about the Beast Wars comics if they do exist. Are they not tied to the show?
>>
>>87796733
Not the anon you talked to, but in IDW continuity, beast formers got persecuted and wiped out by Galvatron. However, some survived this thanks to a titan and live now on Eukaria as fractured tribes (fur/scale/wave/wind walkers). Tigatron and Airazor are outcast lesbians, and TFA Blackarachnia is an oracle for fate.
Rattrap is lackey for Starscream and ambassador for Cybertron and established first contact with them. He's still a good guy who will do the shadiest shit to get further and help Cybertron, sometimes acting against SS's orders.

Waspinator hangs around in Blurrs bar and has made friends there. He has helped Windblade cause she was nice to him.
>>
Would a CGI only movie be bad with no human characters? Assuming it's all on Cybertron.
>>
>>87796919
Hope you like a PG-0 rating then, because either's it'll be full-on kid's stuff or not made at all.
>>
>>87796839
>Tigatron and Airazor are outcast lesbians
>lesbians

nigga, what? Tigatron was a 'dude' if robots even have genders. also, is this not in BW continuity, because I thought they had become Tigerhawk
>>
>>87797027
Of course not. How new are you do different fiction being different universes?
>>
>>87797063
never read a TF comic in my life, but I enjoyed the BW cartoon when I was a kid.
>>
File: transformers_distantstars_056.jpg (4MB, 3975x6112px) Image search: [Google]
transformers_distantstars_056.jpg
4MB, 3975x6112px
>>87797027
They share the same design and name, but they are not the same characters since this is a different continuity (Same with IDW Knock Out, who is from another colony as well and never participated in the war or was a Decepticon).

But I might be talking out of my ass about Tigatron being a girl now, since I can't spot it on a quick skimming but I thought I saw someone refer to them as "she" as well.
>>
>>87797239
No, Tigatron's still a guy.
>>87797027
>also, is this not in BW continuity
Well, it's the G1 comics, so...
>>
File: making a stand.jpg (72KB, 596x714px) Image search: [Google]
making a stand.jpg
72KB, 596x714px
>>87797239
Also, excuse the ugly colours, that always happens to me if I unzip a .cbr file.

Don't know Waspinator's deal but Rattrap is a rat since he spent 2000 years of the war on a planet with rats that size/build and did it to blend in and fight better against 'Cons.
>>
Anyone here read Not All Megatrons? Ignoring the name, what did you think?
I thought it was pretty good even if it went full Sorenson. And the name is actually kind of funny
http://www.transformersclub.com/prose/BWU-Finale-Part-1-of-4-Not-All-Megatrons.pdf
>>
>>87797328
>even if it went full Sorenson
I've been seeing this a lot lately, what does it mean
>>
>>87797328
Why are all the names in tumblrspeak?
>>
>>87797363
Jim Sorenson's the writer of the BWU stories, and while he's a nice guy and a very competent writer, he's known for... going a bit crazy with the references and connections. Like, in this one there's a reference to the Nebulans Fracas and Nightstick swapping armor and switching sides, as a reference to how the cartoon designs for each used the toy design of the other. He's kind of a nutcase, but I appreciate him for it..
>>87797380
Because it's about a social revolution, anon. "Social justice" in the literal sense.
They're also puns that relate to the story content, rather than being unrelated.
>>
>>87797301
> Tigatron's still a guy.
Then I guess congratulations to everyone who liked Tigatron and Airazor as kid and wanted them to be together, your OTP became canon.
>>
>>87796424
Well it makes sense given we know the Decepticons were part of an early movement. Hell, Megatron lead it before they were branded Decepticons back when he and Orion Pax were best buds. Social misfits like miss SHINY!!!! and organized crime would fit right in. Dumbasses who could devour entire cities, too. Still given Scowl was a Dinobot gone Decepticon who worked for Thunderhoof, and if Dinobots were still a creation of Shockwaves during the war... but at a point when organized crime would make no fucking sense given they no longer had any organized society to rob, cheat, and steal. They would have been an irregular military unit at best.
>>
>>87796424
This one is a bit suspect because Ratchet was out of his mind at the time, but the old doc bot once swore he put a tiger in Bantor's mandrill tank, so animals and fuzors exist.

Maybe.
>>
File: kon35.png (283KB, 500x590px) Image search: [Google]
kon35.png
283KB, 500x590px
>>87797570
I meant that someone like Thunderhoof (crimeboss) or Steeljaw (supersonic inventions/burglar?) would get labeled "Decepticon collaborateurs" and get the sigil for easier detection and outcast brand once they're lined up for the Alchemor.
>>
>>87797722
It would make sense if they didn't identify as Cons. At least most of them. And the Alchemor hasn't given any indication it held more than low level criminals, nobody wanted for war crimes. Even eating Nuon City was Underbite's idea of a good time and meal instead of anything for the war.

>>87797708
Now we've got a Dinobot mini-con who was definitely one of Megatron's special experiments.
>>
>>87797493
In what possible sense were they not canon in the first place?
>>
>>87797949
Excuse me, they're still going strong across continuities, same with Knock Out and Breakdown.
>>
File: 1479493707-t7.jpg (214KB, 662x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1479493707-t7.jpg
214KB, 662x1018px
The TAAO full preview and MTMTE tie-in itunes preview are up.
Anyone who can muster a better picture of the current MTMTE tie in than the one itunes is offering will be a godsend since the text is almost unreadable. The Scavengers are literally texting one another so it's hard to see.
>>
>>87798383
Starscream being a dick right to the faces of the people he has to work with. Glorious. Also that dude constantly spinning his chopper blades. He's a cool dude.
>>
>>87798383
http://a5.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple71/v4/2a/a5/b3/2aa5b31f-2e96-d6a0-f38b-5b509c10965a/screen960x960.jpeg
http://a4.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple71/v4/07/62/88/076288f6-dcc0-42cc-7ab0-632dfb384e93/screen960x960.jpeg
http://a4.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple19/v4/7d/43/7d/7d437dcc-03f4-d285-93a6-7a85e3ed79a9/screen960x960.jpeg

It's still barely legible, but have some jokes about how GI Joe is stupid and embarrassing and from the 80's and Transformers is much better.
>>
>>87797809

The Alchemore actualy had Overload and Stockade, who were both arrested during the war.

>>87796035

Keep in mind the bad RID numbers are still above the biggest numbers Prime got, so going with CN's death slot in USA is still better than going with The Hub,
>>
File: BM_Obsidian-Hasbrotoy.jpg (124KB, 995x500px) Image search: [Google]
BM_Obsidian-Hasbrotoy.jpg
124KB, 995x500px
>>87798523
>Obsidian and his consort Strika have fought for Cybertron in countless battles... and won them all. Though he is sophisticated and canny, able to concoct strategies with layers upon layers, his purpose is single-minded. He defends Cybertron.
>There is some fine print. Whoever happens to be in charge, whether a benevolent or malevolent force, in his reasoning, is Cybertron. Once power changes hands, so does he. He is loyal only to the planet, and perhaps his consort Strika, not to any moral ideals. As his fellow Vehicon general Thrust has remarked, "If you're loyal to everybody, can you really be loyal to anybody?"... a question that has given Obsidian pause.

The (oddly coloured) toy gives him a legged non-hover option.
>>
>>87796394

Hasbro's last few investor meetings mentioned RID line performing well to the point of off-setting the post-movie year drop-off. Usually non-movie years feature a 50% drop in revenue, but the RID line's sales led to a mere 25% drop.

They also mentioned that the Generations line is seeing sales better than it did during the pre-Combiner Wars years, so it seems that the gimmicks like combiners and titans are giving it strenght.
>>
>>87798576
Thanks anon.
That's fucking cringe inducing. Especially since the new G.I Joe is actually looking pretty damn good now that Sitterson is on board as opposed to Dixon. Hell, I'm actually looking more forward to the new Joe than I am Lost Light and I wasn't even a big Joe fan prior to Revolution.

All that being said, I'm curious as to who the Decepticon that wants to meet up with the Scavengers is? It would have to be someone in the embassy, right?
>>
>>87798640
Overload was a thespian who was a spy and Stockade was a general arrested for plotting a military coup. Sounds like he tried to seize control over the military under the Council as a Decepticon which is the only way I can imagine Autobots bothering to arrest him. I mean why arrest a guy trying to overthrow Megatron? Have at it, you weirdo. Win or lose it's no paint scraped off the backs of any Autobots. Overload could have been an early offender too - EXCEPT that Overload knows the name Optimus Prime.

But...that gets tricky to reconcile anyway given Aligned is a bit iffy on when Orion Pax took the name Optimus Prime. And I guess Overload could have somehow found out that Orion was now called Optimus. Regardless in Aligned Megatron and Orion/Optimus were joined in their social movement until their bromance tragically ended when the Council ordered Optimus to find the Matrix. Then shit really hit the fan, social order collapsed, the Council was dead and all that was left was Sentinel Zeta Prime who was a colossal weirdo in his own right.
>>
>>87798959
It could be any of Needlenose's gang.
>>
>>87798991
I was guessing it might be Needlenose himself. He's always been one of the more sensitive and feels-y kind of Decepticons.
>>
>>87798989
Man that reminds me of old discussions from back in the day. Like why when Optimus lost the wisdom of the Matrix in TFP and reverted to Orion did he go back as far as he did? In Aligned Orion Pax was full warrior mode when he finally reached the Core and found the Matrix, becoming Optimus Prime via restoring (I think?) his long severed connection as Thirteen, the last of the original Primes. Instead losing his Prime-powers reset him to before the Council even tasked him with finding the Matrix!

We never did figure it out. At some point you just shrug and roll out with it.
>>
So wait, Canada is ahead with episodes of RID but they aren't sharing? Typical.
>>
>>87798989
>>87799082
ALIGNED IS NOT A SOLID, SINGLE CONTINUITY. IT IS A CONTINUITY FAMILY LIKE ANY OTHER, WITH MULTIPLE UNIVERSES. THEY SET OUT OT MAKE A SINGLE UNIVERSE BUT IT NEVER, - EVER -, ACTUALLY HAPPENED.
>>
>>87799229
Uh, no? We shared. That's why there's Teletoon stuff at the bottom of the screen on all the uploads.

Apparently, you just fucking suck at finding shit online.
>>
>>87794820

I thought he was suppose to be hot
>>
>>87798576
>>87798959
Yeah that was cringey and kind of unfair since if you just judge the Transformers from their 80's cartoon they don't come off any better.

I'm watching the 80's Joe cartoon right now after just having finished Renegades (someone uploaded the whole episodes online, I saw it and I loved) and I have to say I'm enjoying it more than I did the Transformers G1 cartoon (which had its moments and good episodes but it bored me a lot) mostly because the story lines are interesting and Cobra has a lot of personality.

>>87799043
Yeah I'm thinking of Needlenose as well.
>>
>>87799272
Torrents, my good friend. Those are always the better option (barring a Mega).
>>
>>87799377
Honestly, Sunbow GI Joe is easily the best of the 80's toy-shilling cartoons, which makes it even sadder that it's despised by Joefandom.
>>
>>87799233
Was anyone treating it that way, numbnuts? Dude outright said it was tricky, or did you not get that far over your rage-induced spasms as you slammed your mighty fist down upon your poor, unsuspecting capslock key.
>>
>>87798576
I'm guessing that the entirety of Roberts' GI Joe knowledge before writing this was the GI Joe episode of Community.
>>
>>87799422
Hamafags are just as bad as Geewunners.
>>
>>87785323
Bring back Beast Waaaaars
>>
>>87799389
Just use google and look for "robots in disguise" "s03e05" or whatever episode you want. Apparently the Grand Duchy of Canadia hasn't caught on to this torrents thing yet so if you're trying piratebay or 1337x or whatever you're not going to find anything but the US releases. Google will point you to some shitty streams but at least you'll get it.
>>
>>87799864
or you could just go the tfw2005 thread that has stream and download links
>>
>>87799929
>telling someone to go to tfw2005
>ever

You monster,
>>
>>87799789
Over his dead body.
>>
>>87799954
stop shouting about boogeymen
>>
>>87799973
Dude, can you not recognize shouting? This is shouting: >>87799233

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
>>
>>87799954
I am a newb but what is so bad about them? Aside from /co/ it's the only board I've seen that doesn't completely fellatio Roberts and a lot of their users seem pretty chill.

Then again I lurk in some of the threads so I'm obviously missing something.
>>
>>87800155
The "monster" post was a joke but as you can see from >>87799973 it is still a sensitive subject. From what I understand it can be very high school there, by which I mean they form cliques and fight amongst themselves worst than Cybertronians and he who kisses a mods ass enough to become part of his posse pretty much as it made as long as he keeps in step with his chosen gang.

As much of a mess as 4chan is, and how unrepentantly nasty people like to be even on blue boards, we're nearly all anonymous. The content of your post gains no merits or demerits based on your screenname or who you've agreed with in the past. They tend towards heavy groupthink and drive out the more moderate, sane voices in favor of people just like themselves. Since you lurk, when you see people dropping names like "walky" and complaining about them, they aren't talking about obscure Transformers. They're talking about the fans.
>>
>>87799929
>>87799864
Since I'm sure nobody wants to dig through a 116 page thread looking for links, here's a shortcut:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/the-official-tf-rid-torrents-episode-downloads-youtube-thread.1035595/page-114

Scroll down to second post. Sure it's only two pages from the end of the thread but I'm sure some people saw the size of it, saw that the first post was never updated to include the new episodes beyond the US releases, and just said, "Fuck it."

Why this is considered the best option for some posters here instead of just using a standard torrentsite with a handy search feature I'll never know. Hell, they still cannot figure out there whether to consider it season 3 or the second half of season 2 (or 2.5 if you prefer) and although the first page link does claim to point you to the right page for these links they're off by 1 page. They seriously need to get their shit together. Hell, they'd be better off running a damn pastebin instead.
>>
>>87800757
>click on download link
>amazon drive does not support playback on videos longer than 20 minutes
Okay, fine, but I wanted a download so
>click download
>download stops after 400 megs
>click resume
>starts downloading the entire thing from the beginning instead of resuming where it stopped

Truly we are in a golden age of filesharing.
>>
>>87799964

Why is he such a faggot?
>>
>>87801166
He never realized Trukk Not Munky was a joke, and anyway he already had that tattooed on his dingus and no way is he having it changed now. Hurt bad enough putting it on. Of course it's in REALLY tiny print to make it fit but there you go, the true story in a nutshell.
>>
>>87801203
Aaron, pls. Go back to Rik Alvarez's basement.
>>
>>87801203

Inmate running the asylum then?
>>
>>87801242
Sorry, Mr. Warden, didn't realize you posted here. By all means you can explain to them yourself why you are such a faggot.
>>
File: r_jetstorm2043.jpg (84KB, 500x619px) Image search: [Google]
r_jetstorm2043.jpg
84KB, 500x619px
Did you knew that originally Beast Machines was to be called Beast Hunters and the show would be centered on the Maximals fighting against rabid techno-animals led by Megatron with a creppy preacher atitude before the show was reinvented due to Fox Kids meddling?

This can be seen in few Beast Machine era, toys, for example the Jetstorm toy was meant to be Optimus Primal.
>>
>>87801390
No, I did not knew that.
>>
>>87801390
I knew the first part.
I didn't know the second part, because it's bullshit.
>>
>>87801390
But that is neither truck nor monkey! I don't even know what that is!
>>
>>87799043
>>87799377
Needlenose was on Cybertron when the war ended, though.
>>
File: Tf-go-optimus-exprime-toy.jpg (382KB, 2000x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Tf-go-optimus-exprime-toy.jpg
382KB, 2000x1100px
>>87801557
What about a train/dragon
>>
So, who was he before becoming NuMegatron?
>>
>>87801825
Sprocket.
>>
>>87801825
Glitch.
>>
File: 1429533542174.gif (601KB, 200x189px)
1429533542174.gif
601KB, 200x189px
>>87801958
>>
I was thinking the other day of what a series would be like if it started off with the Deception revoloution.
Start off with Megatron as the actual hero and all that and soon after Optimus as the deuteragonist.
Then have them actually win for a full Act 1 of a mostly traditional heroes journey.
And then have the decent of Megatron into tyranny and the fractioning and creation of the Autobots with Optimus taking over as hero.
>>
>>87801619
The meet up place is Earth though.
>>
>>87801825
It doesn't matter. Nobody cared who he was before he got the dinosaur arm.
>>
>>87803040
And there's a bunch of Decepticons on Earth. The Con they're meeting up with says he was on a planet called Aquaria when the war ended. Needlenose wasn't.
>>
>>87798778

RiD doing well is a fucking mystery considering it has some of the shittiest toys in the franchise right now by a wide margin.
>>
>>87787499

Found these, anon

http://envyskort.deviantart.com/art/Strika-WIP-385023937
http://envyskort.deviantart.com/art/Glorious-General-Strika-363747013
>>
>>87803982
You can't fool me. Bulging in all the wrong places!
>>
>>87785323
Where should I start with Transformers?
>>
>>87806543
you want to read comics or watch the cartoons?
>>
>>87806778
Whichever ones don't suck.
>>
Comic pastebin for people who like comics, only for their computer screens.

http://pastebin.com/9qmr1uq6
>>
I'm really late to the party, but I finally caught up with most transformer comics published this.

But I'm here to talk about the one that was fucking terrible, the Deviations comic.

Dear lord; what the hell happened?

-Hot Rod is treated like dog shit for the whole issue. He was actually treated better in the film, and he actually got Prime killed in that.
-Movie Autobots either doing nothing, or killed unceremoniously.
-Optimus Prime's survival by removing Hot Rod doesnt' jive well with the film. Optimus was already sluggish and got hit multiple times, but now he's a fucking Jedi and can dodge that shot? It would have been more believable that Hot Rod started shooting at Megatron, Megatron tries to shoot back and Optimus finishes him off.
-Unicron shouldn't have even shown up. The reason he tried getting the Matrix, and destroying Cybertron was due to sensing the Matrix when Prime died, which doesn't happen here since he never passed it to UM.
-Unicron eating the Decepticons tossed out of the shuttle also didn't make sense. If we follow the film, he would have used them anyway, they'd just be completely brainwashed to follow him since Megatron wasn't around to bargain.
-Starscream's upgrade felt totally out of place. It should have looked closer to the Unicron reformatted Decepticons.
>>
>>87785323
I'm hoping the next cartoon is closer to Prime in tone and quality. That show was the shit, but RiD is a little too lighthearted as a sequel
>>
>>87807894
I would be happy if the show retained RID's visual quality if it meant a show like TFP with the budget to do more, add more, and explore more.

I feel that what RID lacks the most isn't tone so much as vision. You can have a lighter hearted kids show that is still fairly well put together and remains engrossing. Yes, I'm referring to some shows that get by with DEEPEST LORE (and a lot of those get by with half the screen time per episode). There is a helluva lot of lore to Transformers, and Aligned, but they're sorely limited when they remain stuck on Earth. Hell, the events on Cybertron mentioned in the RID episode Worthy sound far more interesting than yet another goddamn relic quest on Earth.

For some reason Hasbro seems to think that remaining kid friendly means never leaving the comfort zone of familiar and oft retreated plots. Enough already, let's do something new, something FRESH.
>>
File: image.jpg (11KB, 128x132px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 128x132px
>>87807894
>Prime
>Quality

You're a funny guy
>>
>>87808618
Hey now, the first season was solid.
>>
>>87808618
Cut it out, Starscream, nobody is falling for your shit.
>>
>>87808618
>You're a funny guy
And youre the faggot from /toy/ with only that one image you always post.
>>
>>87809196
So?
>>
File: kkingkk..png (204KB, 700x382px)
kkingkk..png
204KB, 700x382px
>>87810186
You're a one-trick pony with whom it isn't fun to discuss things.
>>
File: BW_Megs_1.jpg (123KB, 800x800px)
BW_Megs_1.jpg
123KB, 800x800px
>>87803128
/r/ the dinosaur mask screencap if anyone got it
>>
What's your favorite incarnation of Starscream, /tfg/?
>>
>>87811695
Prime
>>
>>87811695

G1 and IDW. Which is just updated G1, honestly.
>>
File: 1475510364011.jpg (482KB, 850x599px) Image search: [Google]
1475510364011.jpg
482KB, 850x599px
>>87811695
I love them all, but IDW Red Body was the best look.
>>
>>87811695
I'd say Prime.
>>
>>87811806
Animated Starscreams feet/heels are so ugly.
>>
File: glitzbot.png (405KB, 700x637px) Image search: [Google]
glitzbot.png
405KB, 700x637px
>>87811870
No argument here, TFA Scream is lowest tier on the looks from me.
>>
>>87811695
G1 Prime and IDW for me

>>87811870
>>87811955
thirding that
>>
>>87811955
>>87812384
Yeah I feel the cast of animated range from attractive to hideous. Starscream isn't in hideous tier but he's pretty meh.
>>
File: tfa triple changers.jpg (220KB, 700x561px) Image search: [Google]
tfa triple changers.jpg
220KB, 700x561px
>>87813099
I think Icy got a large chunk of the people who'd usually go for Starscream's type, i.e. "cold haughty manipulative bastard", not to mention he's a jet as well.
>>
>>87811806
2010 Starscream happened or not? I don't watch cartoons.
>>
>>87801825
Gnashteeth, canonically.
>>
>>87803476
>Bisk
>Fracture
>bad
>>
File: brand0plant_scream_standard_1.png (300KB, 542x835px) Image search: [Google]
brand0plant_scream_standard_1.png
300KB, 542x835px
>>87813166
2010 is Transformers Prime Starscream. I like it, but there's also some voices who think he's to thin and doesn't look enough like a Transformer.
>>
>>87807282
Yeah, it wasn't good.
>Starscream's upgrade felt totally out of place. It should have looked closer to the Unicron reformatted Decepticons.
It should have looked like his Pretender shell. And been called Hellscream/Fellscream.
>>
>>87813189
I've been thinking about getting a Fracture or a Scream... what should I get, I'm always nervous to head over to /toy/, that's such a close group with unspoken rules there.
>>
File: StarscreamPrime.jpg (95KB, 628x1284px)
StarscreamPrime.jpg
95KB, 628x1284px
>>87813195
What they did to his feet is crime.
>>
File: stepped on a pebble.jpg (65KB, 500x487px) Image search: [Google]
stepped on a pebble.jpg
65KB, 500x487px
>>87813218
You don't like the super heels or the... digitrade legs?
>>
>>87813218
What they did to his feet was ART.
>>
>>87813213
Starscream is nothing special, but very nice looking. Fracture is better than most Generations toys.
Megatronus (soon to be Bludgeon), Quillfire, Scorponok and Bisk are also great.
>>
>>87813218
Heels on Starscream was good though. Really the only thing I dislike about Prime Starscream is his face. Makes him look like asparagus.
>>
>>87813218
I want Starscream heels to stick around as an integral facet of the character.
>>
>>87813525
In future incarnations I meant.
>>
File: oEor5R.jpg (445KB, 1700x1369px) Image search: [Google]
oEor5R.jpg
445KB, 1700x1369px
>>87794820
I would honestly forgive the dark colors if the whole thing looked good. God, I hate what they did with Rodimus, hopefully this will improve later on.

And they did so well with Barricade too...
>>
>>87811695
Animated Starscream hands-down. IDW shifts too much to be constant.
>>
File: alleyway gang.webm (3MB, 800x332px) Image search: [Google]
alleyway gang.webm
3MB, 800x332px
>>87806543
In my opinion, watch the first season of G1 to get a gist or just the G1 movie if you've spoiled yourself of that, then start with Beast Wars, then pick a dart and throw one at one of the japanese spin offs, then flip a coin if you'd want to watch the first Bayformers movie, then when it comes to Prime and Animated, make a call. Animated gets better at S2 while Prime has its charms but ultimately is a bit slow.

Finally as an alternative, start reading the G1 IDW line. I don't have the guide, I'm sure someone has it.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (82KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
82KB, 750x1000px
>>
>>87806543
I went in with Prime since it's the most recent and decent looking and didn't regret it, then made my way back (TFA, Beast Wars). The japanese series are apparently a complete clusterfuck, but I'm morbidly curious about them.

>>87813481
Starscream's and Megatron's optics were really fucking weird and ruined a few scenes by being unintentionally hilarious. They'd have been better if they were like Knock Out's (visible iris) or like the other Decepticons (glow to strong to make out details)
>>
File: SW suit.jpg (335KB, 1080x608px)
SW suit.jpg
335KB, 1080x608px
>>87813886
Don't pose best boy with a miltank.
>>
>>87813337
Thanks for the info, I'll see where I can get them. Hope they'll do the octopus, Chop Shop, Kickback, Glowstrike and Saberhorn down the line, but since the minicon arc is for the recolors I try not to have hopes.
>>
>>87807282
Here's what SHOULD have been done with Transformers Deviations:

-Kup to be forced to shoot Hot Rod in order to keep him from interfering with Optimus’ battle with Megatron.
-Once the Decepticons started to retreat, they would take Hot Rod hostage to make sure the Autobots did nothing to prevent their escape.
-Hot Rod would be dumped out of Astrotrain along with Thundercracker, Skywarp, and the Insecticons
-Once found by Unicron, Hot Rod would take Megatron’s place as Unicron’s herald, getting turned into "Galvamus" or something
>>
>>87815562
That's dumb. You're dumb.
>>
>>87815767
Is it any worse than the original version?
>>
File: friendzoned.png (545KB, 887x637px) Image search: [Google]
friendzoned.png
545KB, 887x637px
>>87816328
Yes.
>>
File: 1474517604048.jpg (852KB, 1988x1465px) Image search: [Google]
1474517604048.jpg
852KB, 1988x1465px
bump
>>
File: tr031.jpg (72KB, 591x864px) Image search: [Google]
tr031.jpg
72KB, 591x864px
>>87813218
Starscream always had heels. All they did was make them sleeker instead of the wide load granny clod stompers.
>>
>>87815562
>getting turned into "Galvamus" or something
Rodatron. With a pelvic mounted fusion cannon.
>>
File: never known horrors.jpg (70KB, 207x306px) Image search: [Google]
never known horrors.jpg
70KB, 207x306px
>>87819473
Anon, why must you give me this nightmare?
>>
>>87814726
Tittymonsters have to stick together.
>>
>>87819553
Happy Halloween? As if the election wasn't scary enough post-Oct 31 joy.
>>
File: Roll To (9).png (701KB, 1280x726px) Image search: [Google]
Roll To (9).png
701KB, 1280x726px
>>87821367
a) inferior titty doesn't count
b) don't remind me how dead and broken he is
>>
File: 1479172868017.png (152KB, 479x481px) Image search: [Google]
1479172868017.png
152KB, 479x481px
>>87821378
Halloween was 20 days ago you lunatic.
>>
>>87821440
This is the new America. It helps if you imagine Halloween is now a year round holiday. Makes the constant state of fear and uncertainty fun!

Not trying to be political, I don't care who anyone supported although thanks to The Hub we know who Megaton supports. It was going to be a crazy shitstorm no matter what and either way the ride is never ending now.
>>
File: Tsundereton.png (421KB, 388x574px) Image search: [Google]
Tsundereton.png
421KB, 388x574px
>>87821592
> that spoiler
You'd think Megs would hate a guy who was born into wealth and the whole spiel, so much for integrity. Boo TFP Megs.
>>
>>87821642
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cir4GbLkq6s#t=60

It's professional courtesy.
>>
>>87821642
And then Soundwave never spoke again. Way to rally people, Megatron.
>>
>>87821698
I know the spot, but I wonder where the common professionalism lies. Temper trantrums?
>>
>>87821743
Trump has a very convincing stance on FUCK OFF STARSCREAM
>>
>>87821729
You think Soundwave was so embarassed that the entire "vow of silence" deal was just his way of never saying something embarassing again? ... It'd check out.
>>
>>87821822
That fucking face, man, every time I see it I just... that fucking face...
>>
File: gapykim_ouch.png (696KB, 918x841px) Image search: [Google]
gapykim_ouch.png
696KB, 918x841px
>>87821807
Not until I lead the Decepticons
>>
>>87821888
Just think of pic related with mouth lines. The comic style really accentuates them to much.
>>
>>87821743
self-serving megalomania, everything had to be about him, and his classic, "You're fired," the moment anyone failed him.

(spoiled for trying to avoid starting political shit, and again this was when he was a reality tv guy; plus all politicians are ego driven power hungry liars anyway)
>>
>>87821941
That's a bit better. Personally I think he just looks better with the mask, plus I like the idea that he's so committed to his role as information, communications, and spy guy that he had his face rebuilt into a computer screen. Either way he's definitely had some body work that has turned him into a living communications/scanning array.
>>
File: sandlake_waves.png (620KB, 900x949px)
sandlake_waves.png
620KB, 900x949px
>>87821960
I was just taking the piss I didn't even know that he had a reality show (not american), I only knew his vague image and "apparently rich", boy did that change.
>>
>>87822033
> he had his face rebuilt into a computer screen. Either way he's definitely had some body work that has turned him into a living communications/scanning array.
I headcanon'd that as well, it makes so much sense, and the stuff he had out to catch a signal from Skyquake's coffin doesn't really look that "natural" for his previous frame. Shame that they did that away for a more G1 look on the RID toy that is coming out next.
>>
>>87822067
I never watched it but I was aware of it. It was called The Apprentice and was about choosing someone to serve his corporate empire. Anyone he didn't like was, "You're fired!" I know that much because he actually tried to copyright, "You're fired," as if he was the only one who had ever used the phrase ever.

Just some background but you can probably see why Megatron would like his style of leadership. Take shit from no one, loyalty above all else (and yet he STILL keeps Starscream), ego the size of Unicron. They both have fusion cannons but The Donald keeps his between his legs.
>>
>>87822197
It is interesting how we see them adapt the biology. It's why I like internal weapons (not everyone does and they've been moving away from it again) but especially tools. Knock Out and Ratchet got quite a bit of work from theirs, although notably neither used ranged energy weapons.

And then there's the little things. I doubt Cybertronians come equipped with long ranged comms like the used constantly in TFP. They even still had to put a finger to their head like pressing a button (surely a visual convenience to indicate they were on the "phone").

I wonder how their radios work, actually. Do they acquire those when they scanned Earth vehicles or is that an extension of their comms? Oh shit, and I forgot! Bulkhead had a dashboard scanner we saw once. Airachnid also had a scanner in her helicopter cockpit for detecting Decepticon activity (we also know she was able to hack into their comms traffic). They never really went into any detail, using this stuff for story convenience, but it really is an interesting topic. Especially the idea of adding to their bodies functionality by scanning for vehicle modes if they can duplicate the workings of the tech they scan. Pretty wild when you consider the implications.
>>
>>87822438
I'm surprised they haven't revisited the internal computer systems from Beast Wars that often.
>>
>>87823010
It's interesting how they referred to Soundwave's brain in TFP. He purposefully "crashed his drives" rendering himself catatonic until Laserbeak reconnected and rebooted him. I don't think they've mentioned brain modules, though they have referred to brain waves regarding Megatron's own coma after he was recovered from the space bridge explosion.
>>
>>87823316
No I mean the independent integrated computer systems
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P30noRwPYRs
>>
>>87823387
I was just talking about how TFP has treated the subject.

And of course IDW has codified their biology with Rossom's Trinity between brain module, spark, and T-Cog. They didn't create any of that but how they treat them is nice. It's good to have simple rules to keep in mind.

Beast Wars was just weird in how often they loved to dismember people and they just shove them back together and they were fine. Mostly with Waspinator as a running gag.
>>
>>87823674
It honestly sounds like you're bringing shit up for the sake of it.
>>
>>87824194
Is this your first time on 4chan let alone any discussion thread like this?
>>
>>87824194
Someone is talking about TFP, you bring up Beast Wars but the other person points out he was just talking about TFP and suddenly he's the one bringing up random shit for the sake of things?

What's wrong, are you pissed nobody wanted to talk exclusively about Beast Wars?
>>
File: jet optimal .jpg (9KB, 288x172px) Image search: [Google]
jet optimal .jpg
9KB, 288x172px
>>87801557
Eh, by the end of Beast wars Optimus spent most of his time as a Jett, anyway.
>>
>>87823674
>Beast Wars was just weird in how often they loved to dismember people and they just shove them back together and they were fine. Mostly with Waspinator as a running gag.

BW at least had the logic where in these things where survivable so long as you went into stasis lock soon after. I think the 07 movie, with Bumblebee's irreparable voice and it needing to be integrated to some other things like Prime, has created the need to rethink the approach to just how they work. Now a lot of TF biology is treated as analogous to humans; i.e. certain things are too complex to just be rebuilt of replaced.

You can fanon a lot of this stuff; the Maximals/Predacons being upgrades of the Autobots/Decepticons it'd stand to reason they'd have benefits over their predecessors. As for the onboard computers, I like to think they where inspired by how humans would use AI and computer systems. since their biology is innately like technology, Cybertronians hadn't thought to bother with such a thing, but seeing benefits of having something around might've inspired them to make it standard with the downsizing.
>>
>>87821941
Damn Soundwave, you pretty.
>>
>>87825129
He's sexy either way, though I think I prefer the bot of mystery faceplate. Funny how he was so skinny but ended up being the man of few words badass archetype.
>>
>>87821941
I prefer the faceless.

Think of it like a veil some women use for funerals.

he can't get over the deaths of his little buddies
>>
>>87825375
I still wish they'd introduced his other mini-cons. For that matter, I think RID dropped the ball. A much better story than making Soundwave come back from an accident and then shoving him right back into the Shadowzone? They could have introduced mini-cons Rumble and Frenzy trying to rescue their "daddy".
>>
Oh hadn't noticed this thread in the catalog. Had been waiting for a TF thread to ask this.

Can anyone hook me up with 720p webrips for Rescue Bots s2e10 and s3e04?

I didn't make the effort for them at the time, and it seems we now live in an age where preserving good quality eps of shows for digital torrenting posterity no longer happens.
>>
>>87825974
Wish I could help you but I don't watch it. People here used to love it. Still do? It doesn't get talked about much.
>>
File: ShockwaveSexyAndIKnowIt.gif (2MB, 361x550px) Image search: [Google]
ShockwaveSexyAndIKnowIt.gif
2MB, 361x550px
>>87813886

W-what Cattleya is that?
>>
>>87827080
It doesn't help that when Shockwave's monoboob glows like that it looks like he's ready to nurse someone on energon milk.

Which I'm sure is an existing fetish, knowing this fandom.
>>
>>87827080
why is he so sexy its not fair
>>
>>87827222
One's one person that does incredibly detailed, well-rendered drawings of it.
>>
>>87796733
Always wondered if Hasbro would tie Transformers into MLP.
Like if Equestria was really the planet Cybertron and the horses just forgot how to transform after eons after Optimus Primal reformatted the planet.
>>
>>87830460
That's a bit crazy, no? Even IDW didn't tie in MLP to Revolutions or whatever despite it under the same company with high-selling numbers.

At best the only tie in we'll ever get is the cancelled 90's MLP movie.
>>
File: Megatron's demise.jpg (3MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Megatron's demise.jpg
3MB, 1988x3056px
>>87830538
Oh wait, wrong pic.
>>
>>87830398
Oh, wait a minute. Yeah, I know the ones you mean. Same ones with the weird preggo bulge, right? Yeah, detailed but weird. Used to get dumped here quite often. Guess I didn't think of them because the energon was blue.
>>
>>87807282
The only thing I really enjoyed in Deviations was Hot Rod calling out Ultra Magnus for being absent from the battle (due to deleted scenes)
>>
File: Megatron.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Megatron.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>87813099
Animated Megatron, however...
>>
>>87824621
>the punch-jet
>>
>>87830736
Sexy.
Animated Megatron was sexier than he had any right to be.
>>
>>87830587
... Does this summon the barney guy?
>>
>>87830786
No, he summons himself because he makes the OP posts to attention whore.
>>
>>87830836
So the stories of his magical ability to detect things all pony friendship magic is a lie?

Next you'll tell me Santa Grimlock isn't really!
>>
>>87830736
Back in high school I remember there was this mini wave of it being "the in thing" to like the villains of franchises for a while. But wasn't even that the typical popular villains were popular, it was basically any significant villain from anything halfway popular or iconic.

I was never really taken in by it though and started to resent when people would be going on about things like how much cooler the Decepticons were and how people would eat up Megs and Starscream.

Now between Animated, Prime and IDW I think Megs is possibly the best thing in each iteration of TF...
G1 Starscream can still get fucked though. That said I do admittedly like him in IDW. Also like Micron Legend/Armada Starscream which is fun to troll people with.

All that said, Soundwave was always cool.
>>
File: 1415125563287.jpg (366KB, 1428x720px) Image search: [Google]
1415125563287.jpg
366KB, 1428x720px
>>87830883
Yes.

Also, Santa Grimlock isn't really an exclamation mark, he's a robot disguised as Santa.
>>
>>87796424
Shoot, I haven't seen that show in a while.

I think I stopped at the episode where the wolf guy with the scratched out Decepticon symbol first showed up. Is the show good after that point?
>>
>>87811695
I always enjoyed Animated, partly because he was a bit more effective in his back-stabbing of Megatron, but also at the same time Megatron had far, FAR less patience for his bullshit.
>>
File: Gettabae.jpg (23KB, 274x233px) Image search: [Google]
Gettabae.jpg
23KB, 274x233px
>>87831018
meh.

Six years and treating the tinest panel of ponies as worse than a nipple on a blue board. It's not even a derail.
>>
>>87796424
Having only recently seen the ep where Bee is trying to get people to listen to him by imitating Optimus, it's amusing to see Sideswipe instantly fall in line for Op.

>>87830997
Aww man you didn't like Steeljaw? I actually thought he made that episode. I can only speak for the first half of s1 but overall the show is very up and down for me. Good episodes are good but not great, bad episodes are a chore, and it has some ongoing problems as a show.
>>
File: MutantToys2.jpg (27KB, 744x323px)
MutantToys2.jpg
27KB, 744x323px
>>87830587
Jesus, that Snake Eyes reminds me of that kid from Toy Story who mutilated his toys and rebuilt them out of random parts.
>>
>>87831101
Looking at the whole crossover, it might as well be an amalgamation of toys thrown together to make a super 90's adventure.
>>
>>87831081
Not that I didn't like Steeljaw. I just saw the episode, then got distracted by other stuff and never got back around to catching up on it. Wasn't even aware they were on season 2 right now.
>>
File: tumblr_oayd5axvmi1rsdgw4o1_500.png (212KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oayd5axvmi1rsdgw4o1_500.png
212KB, 500x600px
>>87831076
There are people that still freak out if you post any commercials from The Hub with Megatron singing with that pink one. I still consider it a viable part of my Thirty Degrees considering we have Frank Welker singing with Dan Vs voice by Booger and now RID has Ted McGinley in it.

I mean come on, who doesn't want to see Revenge of the Nerds redone on Cybertron starring Orion Pax?
>>
File: 1424912163384.jpg (89KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1424912163384.jpg
89KB, 700x525px
>>87831216
I just want the experience of the Hub back...

I wish we had a Dancepticons crossover commercials
>>
>>87831288
Ah yes, the reminder that Dan Vs and Megatron had the same dentist...
>>
File: 1473910858706.png (319KB, 498x567px) Image search: [Google]
1473910858706.png
319KB, 498x567px
>>87831359
my shiny teeth and me~
>>
What are the chances of a Hitler looking Transformer in TF5's flashback/timetravel sequences?
>>
>>87831556
But why would you want a robot that looks like Michael Bay to show up?
>>
>>87831597
Megan pls
>>
>>87831644
Oh shit, really? Let me just lift up my shirt and...oh wow, these are round and firm and- wait a fucking minute. These are still my male ones. Goddammit, anon, quite lying to me!
>>
File: RAAAH.jpg (1MB, 1790x1193px) Image search: [Google]
RAAAH.jpg
1MB, 1790x1193px
>>87831556
Well whatever it is, I'm glad to see Lennox, Epps and Simmons back.
>>
>>87831684
I just hope Epps still isn't a NASA janitor. Though he's now probably a janitor for the National Time Travel Institute.
>>
So guys I finally read Sins of the Wreckers. I feel like I have to say...

Prowl did nothing wrong. It all needed to be done. He's the true hero of the war.
>>
>>87832682
But Sins of the Wreckers was all Prowl's fault. If he'd just had the chrome plated wrecking balls to off a dude instead of tossing a mad genius in the insane torture maze he himself created then this all could have been avoided. How many more Wrecker deaths have stained his hands with their spilled energon because he pussed out?
>>
File: 1405821087946.jpg (44KB, 246x166px)
1405821087946.jpg
44KB, 246x166px
>>87832682
Prowl has never done everything wrong, everyone just shits on him because the universe hates him.
>>
>>87832909
Fuck off, Cyclops.

Oh wait, this isn't an X-Men thread

Fuck off, Prowl.
>>
>>87832959
>Fuck off, Cyclops.
It is totally a coincidence that I genuinely stand by "Cyclops was right".
>>
So I'm gonna start reading IDW's G.I. Joe stuff from the start. What should I expect from seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4?

Rumour has it Costa is even good for G.I. Joe stories.
>>
File: Tarantulas.png (823KB, 581x679px) Image search: [Google]
Tarantulas.png
823KB, 581x679px
>>87832682
>Prowl did nothing wrong.
>>
>>87833589
He would be less easy to hate if he hadn't been exploding peoples heads. I mean he also talked that guy into beating a bunch of people to within an inch of their lives so they could be abducted for experimentation. THEN he blew up the guys head.
>>
File: knockout_looks_2.jpg (323KB, 1280x960px)
knockout_looks_2.jpg
323KB, 1280x960px
>>87822438
It's weird to think what's natural to a cybertronian and what's not, but the "car radio" might just have the looks of one and be a re-modeled, natural frequency receiver thing. What I'm saying is, you wouldn't be able to simply pop one out like on an earth car...
For all the deserved hate Bayformers get for their looks, the way their bodies break down to smaller components that reassemble themselves as needed is a good visual explanation for that.

Slightly related, if anyone has ever come up with an explanation where the materials for the vehicle seats come from, I'm eager to hear it.
>>
>>87834391
Bayformers tended to break its own rules when needed, unless Frenzy stored his spark in his head, which I guess is possible. And then latter removing only most of his head killed him. Or did it? I don't even know anymore.

Well he probably hopes he's dead if he's stuck in Simmon's mom's shop's basement.
>>
>>87834391
When TFG talked about it in the past it was discussed how odd that if it was a natural scanner/receiver why it would display images. It's not like when it is internal they have inner eyes that look at the panel. Or I guess they might, Unicron had that internal eye after all.

Of course the real reason is that it was convenient for the audience that way. It's too easy to invoke the MST3K Mantra, though. It's still worth discussing just for shits and giggles. It's hardly like anything decided in any of our threads was real canon, after all. Still fun discussions.
>>
>>87834520
The displaying of images makes kind of sense if it was a more sophisticated display like the T-cog going "here's the earth vehicle, here's what it can do and here's how much we can match it in %". Especially the "what it can do" might be of the best interest for a TF who can choose among the various earth cars.

>>87834481
It's not so much about rules, it's about the inner peace you can find if something fits visually. The big parts of a TF breaking down to reassemble themselves to build a car just brings me peace, even though I know that with the toys behind the franchise that was never a supposed option.
>>
>>87833152
1 and 2 are good.
3 and 4 are bad.
>>
>>87834186

You could say it's character assassination, but Prowl never really had much of a character before IDW anyway.
>>
>>87835279
That wasn't Prowl, that was Tarantulas. Earlier Prowl exploded heads, though.
>>
File: ProwlIsADick.png (576KB, 556x3202px) Image search: [Google]
ProwlIsADick.png
576KB, 556x3202px
>>87835367

No, I mean, just Prowl in general at this point. He started off somewhat alright, like Cyclops from X-Men. A little too by-the-book-ish guy.

And since then he's pretty much gone completely full retard...Like Cyclops from X-Men.

Like I said, I'd say it was character assassination, but he didn't really have much of a character in any TF media before IDW. IDW's what turned him into dickmaster supreme.
>>
>>87835411
I don't know man, I actually dig Prowl for all his faults.
> Prowl "I really hate the Decepticons but the Constructicons are the only ones left willing to work with me"
> Prowl "I do it for the greater good even if everyone hates me for it and it only worsens things
> Prowl "I can do the math on so many moving things but I can't see better ways of achieving my goals"
> Prowl "Better I take things to their crisis than Decepticons, Nails or the other Autobots, I'm the only one I trust enough to fuck up"
It's just getting stale in that he's so fixed in his point of view you can expect him to fuck things up for everyone when he shows up. At this point, him having a scheme that has short-term positive results and nothing else would be a wonder. Him coming to a slowly crushing realization as well. Come on IDW, crack him a little.
>>
>>87835497
>Come on IDW, crack him a little.
I was hoping we'd see that after Optimus threw him out the window and beat the shit out him. Maybe he'd have a full on meltdown and do some introspection but Prowl is just so stubborn he didn't even crack under Tarantulas.
>>
>>87835616
At this rate I think only Megatron being disgusted by his actions would send the message.
>>
>>87835616

Some people just don't crack. Not because they can't crack, but because theres nothing to crack. He isn't gonna have a moment of realization because theres nothing for him to realize. He just is an asshole and is doing things the way he thinks is right, and that won't change because it's what he thinks.

He'd need to have a change of thinking, not something trying to break the way he thinks.
>>
>>87835712
Yeah, but a changed way of thinking needs the willingness to change and enough of an environment that allows for the change, and Prowl won't leave Cybertron to Windblade and Screamer. Baby-jailing him on the LL won't work either.
>>
|I just had the best idea for how to showcase a TFA Phase Sixer like Sixshot, Black Shadow or Overlord.

Phase Sixers have Six individual personalities (2 Rational, 2 Emotional, 2 Instinctual/Crazy) but unlike Triple Changers who have their faces set up like a revolving door, each half of a Phase Sixers face can rotate vertically through it's trio of personalities like the tumblers on a slot machine.

I'll be honest I was inspired by the way of portraying a theater mask as a 50/50 split of happy/sad when I thought this up
>>
>>87835616
>I was hoping we'd see that after Optimus threw him out the window and beat the shit out him
I was hoping he'd go full villain and start gathering people like Getaway to work against Starscream with him but nope. Only Luna adventures now.
>>
File: the dream.jpg (373KB, 1061x442px)
the dream.jpg
373KB, 1061x442px
>>87836056
Which can still be great.
>>
>>87835978
God, they'd be pure monsters, I love it. But 6 distinct pesonalities might be a bit much though, a base of three with the overlap being a combination of the two partially shown would be neater.
> Emotional + instinct = animalistic
> Ratio + instinct = childish delight/curiosity
> Emotional + Rational = ???
And then of course
> Emotion
> Ratio
> Id
>>
>>87836056
Unfortunately that's pretty much Impactor now.
>>
>>87835100
That's a shame, I'd want s4 to be good given what it is.

Not surprised for s3 though given its Van Lente. Does this go for the overall of the seasons or just the main books?
>>
>>87835100
Oh also, for someone who knows nothing about G.I. Joe would you recommend v1 or Origins be what I start with?

Dunno if it's one of those origin books that works better if you know who the characters become.
>>
>>87836513
Fort Max is best cop.
>>
File: I'm so glad they confirmed it.png (1MB, 540x1394px) Image search: [Google]
I'm so glad they confirmed it.png
1MB, 540x1394px
>>87838466
He's lot more than he's aware of, but he's still doing good. I love that.
>>
>>87838913
*He lost
God dammit.
>>
File: Frienemies.png (334KB, 842x850px)
Frienemies.png
334KB, 842x850px
I really really hope that Rattrap as ambassador for Cybertron will have a lot of arguments with Dinobot in future comics, because I love their bickering in Beast Wars.
Thread posts: 294
Thread images: 77

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.