[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on my Pitch for if Hulk came back?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Holku.jpg (91KB, 755x960px) Image search: [Google]
Holku.jpg
91KB, 755x960px
Hello /co/ first time posting here.

So i'm not very happy with the Hulk/Banner being dead currently. (though it seems subtly hinted that its just Banner who is dead and the Hulk still lives on in the back of Amadeus' mind)

Either way, we all know that characters are never dead forever in this medium and so I thought I'd run an idea across you guys and gals to see what a return of Hulk could be like.

So a friend of mine were discussing a strange thing about Bruce/Hulk in the scheme of the MArvel U in that he's never had a very strong "niche". People like Thor and Herc have the godly mythological matters which overlaps with Dr. Strange a bit reaching into the super weird. Reed and to a lesser extend Hank have super science adventures. X-Men and Inhumans (these days at least) weird oppressed group fighting for acceptance. Cosmic marvel has their own.

Thing is Hulk never really had a very strong niche. None of his villains have had a very strong presence in the grand scheme of things except for one off times (Even Rulk) His stories can be very samey after a while and they dont have the cast or gravitas to really spice things up. Its usually just the same conflict, internal and external all the time. Theyve tried to expand his horizons a bit in the past (Smart Hulk comes to mind, basically just Doc Samson slightly more sympathetic and less dickish) But nothing has ever really stuck. Its because of this lack of material that both Hulk movies bombed in the eyes of Marvel/Disney hence their outright refusal to do any more with him solo.

Personally I believed that Planet Hulk is the greatest Hulk story ever written, one of the main factors for my like of it is that, for once, it seemed that Hulk was coming into his own as a developed niche in his sector of the Marvel U with a interesting cast of characters to work off of and many ideas that could be
>>
File: 1478800308345.jpg (35KB, 834x563px) Image search: [Google]
1478800308345.jpg
35KB, 834x563px
>>87784929
I totally feel you. A superhero needs to have their own sort of niche.
I'm not sure if I agree with Planet Hulk being that niche, but it's not the worst idea I ever heard.
>>
>>87784946
This isn't /tv/, cunt.

I can agree with most of that OP. Hulk needs a better overarching narrative. I like Choi on that level as Hulk, I think he's fun.

I'll never forgive marvel for making me like Choi on any level, though. He was/is one of the worst sues ever made.
>>
made using this stage for him. Well my idea was that Hulk comes back somehow and along with the other survivors of Sakaar, he goes on a pilgramage to find them a New Sakaar. Using an ark of sorts to venture forth, Miek, the one who caused so much pain in the past, could come to serve as an obstacle to Hulk taunting him and egging him on to be the monster he wants him to be and that he revels in being. Elloie Korg and No-Name will be his main companions throughout. As they venture out into the unknown, he has to contend with infighting with his group and also fend off the alien empires who are threatened by his presence (Maybe evens spark a new Kree-Skrull war that hinges on what they want to do with him) They might even feel angered by the heroes of earth by what they see as them letting a weapon of mass destruction into space.

Any way, eventually I thought that they could come back to Galactus who seeds worlds now and he makes a new Sakaar for them bringing it all full circle with the Worldbreaker and Sakaarson mythos playing nicely into it. From then Hulk and Bruce might ping pong back and forth to New Sakaar as their King and as an Avenger. Solo stories will continue the Plantary Romance theme like John Carter or Conan (in space). Guardians Team-Ups could be likely too.

So /co/ got anything to add? Think it could work?
>>
>>87785050
I'd read that, I think.
>>
>>87785050
Really, it depends on how much any Marvel execs would like it.
>>
>>87784929
>>87785050
Not far from what I'd do. Main difference is I'd put him in the Microverse as king of K'ai. It would even make it easier to retcon him alive by saying the "Hulk killing arrow" was something Banner, Clint, and Pym worked up to send him there if it was ever needed to save people.
>>
he had a niche and a good niche as the big retard hopping around the world getting into trouble and helping people

most people just couldn't appreciate it for what it is.

also the hulk cast is severely underrated and has been misused for the past 30 years when the bronze age cast of ross, talbot, samson, betty and rick was perfect for the nomadic life the hulk led
>>
>>87785277
I honestly preferred when Hulk had intelligence, as well.

Also, I miss Speedfreek.
>>
>>87785277
Well you're not wrong, but Hulk hasn't been that character since 99.
>>
>>87784929
Planet Hulk is awesome because it really is a Marvel Cosmic story.
>>
>>87785305
I don't because it's shit

>>87785308
Longer than that. There were a few years of that in the early 2000s, but the classic savage hulk has been gone for over 30 years
>>
>>87785361
He had some good runs throughout the 90s and 80s.
So I'm not particularly counting that.
I don't care for smart hulk either.
>>
>>87785277
How many memorable stories came out of that niche? Which ones are people still talking about today?
>>
I also thought of how many would feel a bit resentful about Hulk leaving many of his rouges on Earth but a way to fix it could be perhaps Leader and Miek working together to get at him but eveutally doublecrossing each other. Ross would maybe be pleading to S.W.O.R.D to perhaps let him bring Hulk back or convince them they cant let him loose in space.
>>
>>87784929
>>87785050

I think you have the right problem identified, but don't have a good solution to it, to be honest.

You're about this...

>So a friend of mine were discussing a strange thing about Bruce/Hulk in the scheme of the MArvel U in that he's never had a very strong "niche".

> None of his villains have had a very strong presence in the grand scheme of things except for one off times (Even Rulk)

But I don't think giving Hulk more cosmic/alien stuff is a good idea because it's been so done to death in Marvel.

What you should focus on his upping the threat level of Hulk's earthly enemies like Leader. Make it to where there a reason only Hulk can stop them and the Earth needs the Hulk.
>>
>>87785178

As far as bringing Banner back to life to, a simple retcon can be that someone just time traveled and stopped him from dying. That's easy to do since everyone's time travelling out the ass in Marvel already.

I admit I haven't read the story where he died because I'm boycotting modern Marvel. So forgive me for over simplifying it.
>>
I agree with >>87785277 but >>87785464 has a good point too.
>>
>>87785353

I think what makes it work at it's core is that it's a story that CHALLENGES the Hulk. It gave him something to do. Put him out of his element, in a world where he wasn't the biggest, strongest motherfucker around. That forced him to grow as a character and as a hero.
>>
>>87787909

Also OP I'm not trying to stifle your creativity. Just saying that I think cosmic Marvel and space-Hulk is over done at this point. If you want to bring Banner back, you've got to bring him down to earth -- literally and figuratively.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.