[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the darkness a good comic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: The_Darkness.jpg (339KB, 687x1044px) Image search: [Google]
The_Darkness.jpg
339KB, 687x1044px
Is the darkness a good comic?
>>
>>87783038
I read about 30 issues of the early series. Once I got to the sex vampires I realized I was reading a story as written by a 13 year old and stopped, especially since I was reading them in class.
>>
>>87783038
>THE DARKNESS
Take a fucking guess.
>>
It's about as good as early Spawn, so take that as you will. It tends to sometimes teeter on EDGE more often than not, though. The vidya are definitely worth a playthrough, though. The comic has some cool designs and aesthetics, though.
>>
I read Rebirth, from what I could gather, the series had shed the whole "adult, " tone for complex characterization.
>>
>>87783038
I liked The Darkness: Ultimate Collection trade that came out to hype the video game and some of the crossovers.
>>
>>87784193
Cool, though. Thanks, though.
>>
Mot really. The remakes that follow the game story are much better. Basically a more grounded plot involving the mafia and a hellish entity.
>>
>>87783038
V1 is 90's as fuck
V2 never read it since the scans i had look like eye cancer quality and never bothered to look if there was anything better
V3 only read the first 2 trades and i liked them
>>
>>87783038
No but it's a surprisingly good vidya gaem.
>>
>>87783038
It's pretty comfy, it's full of 90's teenage EDGE but it comes across as unintentionally hilarious.

So if you don't take it too seriously it's actually kinda fun and the art is pretty cool, brings you back to the 90's, it was some of the best art from those days.

So yeah, it's just comfy 90's teenager edge.
>>
No, but the games are pretty cool.
>>
>>87785689
>unintentionally hilarious
it was pretty cheeky on purpose m8
same with spawn
the biggest meme about 90's edgyness is that it took itself seriously
>>
File: what_wah_no.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
what_wah_no.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
Forgot which issue but
>Jackie kills a guy
>darkling squeeses the shit out of his intestines and eats it
>>
Games are way better.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.