[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DCEU CHARACTERS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 386
Thread images: 36

File: 22.jpg (25KB, 647x404px) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
25KB, 647x404px
They are all amazing, you just don't like them because "not muh"
>>
>>87773830
This version of Superman and Batman alone are fucking brilliant, I also really like the little I have seem from Flash and Wonder Woman
>>
File: 5385471-6285187900-61c.j.jpg (13KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
5385471-6285187900-61c.j.jpg
13KB, 308x308px
>>87773830
>you just don't like them because "not muh"

Since when is "This portrayal is not to my liking because it is incongruent with the character as I know him" an invalid complaint towards a major adaptation of a long-running franchise?
>>
I don't like DC comics because they're not my brilliant DCEU characters.
>>
/tv/ pls
>>
If you think almost everyone is saying "not muh" doesn't that tell you something
>>
>>87774230
tells me that capekids don't like change
>>
>>87774447
Consistent characterization is something to avoid?
>>
>>87774478
>Consistent characterization
DCEU has this.
It's just not the characterization you want.
In other words, not muh.
>>
>>87774496
People want a Superman that resamble Superman.

This is why people dont like stuff like, white bearded Superman, gunning down Hitler twins, with giant canons.

Saying "its different, I can to whatever I want, and still call it Supaman" is kind of patethic and an insult toward fans. Again, if everyone is saying that there is something wrong, you should take notes.
>>
>>87773830
Lex was a great villian and truthful to what lex is in the comics
>>
>>87774564
You're just bitter because the DCEU is literally worth hundreds of times what your baby comics are worth. Just give up, manchild, DCEU is the future. Can't wait until DC just drops their comics.
>>
>>87775377
Nice b8, try to tone it down next time so you can get those guaranteed (you)'s
>>
>>87774061
Because every primary aspect of the character's mythos is intact just under a different context and with actual consequences instead of the writers walking on egg shells to avoid the character not doing anything violent or ugly that realistic characters sometimes have to do so as to preserve the flawless archetype.
>>
>>87775429
You still replied to it. And you know for a fact, even after this post, people will still reply to it. /co/ is goddamn retarded.
>>
>>87774564
>People want a Superman that resamble Superman.
And this does in virtually every way except that he was brought up in a realistic and flawed world instead of a bright happy fairytell land and so he can't just be cheery and silly all the time because it wouldn't make god damn sense.
>>
>>87775432
Exactly, and the story chooses to focus on different angles of the same characters, struggle, doubt, failure, and how they deal and overcome that.
>>
File: 1447732228982.jpg (139KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1447732228982.jpg
139KB, 500x378px
>>87775432
>Because every primary aspect of the character's mythos is intact just under a different context
Kek, not in the DCEU.
>>
>>87775377
>You're just bitter because the DCEU is literally worth hundreds of times what your baby comics are worth
Ok Mos is my 2nd favorite movie and you seriously need to fuck off you making actual dceu fans look bad you fucking cocksucker.
>>
>>87773830
My normie friends love FUCKING ANT-MAN more than Supes, because of Snyder, and think that Batman is insane retard who can be countered by MARTHA.
Literally no one love characters from DCEU. Only snyderfags and edgykids.which is same thing
>>
>>87775521
Exactly because their retard normies that probably love Bayformers & Twilight.
>>
>>87775521
>Only snyderfags and edgykids
But I like DCEU's Superman specifically because he is NOT edgy nor is he a flawless mary sue.
>>
>>87775432
>because every primary aspect of the character's mythos is intact

That's not even true.

For instance, the bond that Superman has with the general public is an integral part of his character and has been for several decades. DC muggles trust him with their lives and support him every step of the way. They went the opposite route in the Snyderverse, which is a pretty major change.
>>
File: 1478921067622.jpg (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1478921067622.jpg
63KB, 625x626px
>>87773830
>>
>>87775654
You know, Snyder's version is cruse to the planet. Literally every bad thing on Earth happened because of him.
>>
>>87775722
No screaming eagle shit. Now watch the thread reach over 250+ posts.
>>
>>87775695
Also, the fact that Batman is willing to gun down every criminal that crosses his path.

I think the film would have been better if you saw how Batman was coming closer and closer to killing but chose to reject it in the end.

Oh and 'The World's Greatest Detective', did absolutely no detective work on Superman for 2 years. Considering Lex 'I use unique LexCorp metals in the bullets I give to mercs and in the bombs I use on Congress' Luthor and Lois 'Save Me Superman!' Lane figured it out.
>>
>>87775582
What the fuck do you is the DCEU? Indie? Auteur film? It's blockbuster mainstream capeshit and Snyder went retarded being pretentious forgetting the people who is going to watch this film watches it for entertainment. What is suppose to be Batman and Superman 101 of DCEU to normies became a mess of storytelling. This is how Snyder painted Supes and Batty and presented it to the normies and this is how they would see it.
>>
>>87775695
>For instance, the bond that Superman has with the general public is an integral part of his character and has been for several decades
Even if that was true that is still a contextual change not a change in the character that makes him "Superman".
>>87775740
Zod is a sentient being that made his own choices.
If a serial killer follows me home when I buy a new car and kills my neighbors is it my fault?
>>
>>87775840
>Zod's message
>Clark visits church to talk with guy who don't know shit istead of his kryptonian father who could say who is Zod and how to defeat him
Clark's stupidity casued thousands of deaths and billions of damage.
>>
>>87775839
>Indie? Auteur film?
Of course not but it still had vastly more effort and craftsmanship put into them then typical blockbusters.
>>87775839
>the people who is going to watch this film watches it for entertainment
Being intelligent & artful being the antithesis of entertainment says a fucking lot about you and the state of moviegoers.
>became a mess of storytelling
There is NOTHING wrong with the storytelling in Mos and 90% nothing wrong with it in the UC of BVS.
>>
>>87773830
I really like this new take on The Joker, he has potential.
It's been some time since we've had a mobster Joker.
He just gotta stop acting like an animal sometimes, be more like Miller/Morrison's version.
I think that he'll do great with a better script in the future Affleck movies.
>>
These bait threads are getting less creative. When even /tv/ is tired of this shit, you know something is wrong with /co/
>>
>>87775879
1.) Zod probably could have detected him flying back to the artic.
2.) Clark wanted a human opinion because its very possible both his Father & Zod's true intent was bias in a way against humans.
3.) Even if he had gotten the way to take out Zod from his father at the beginning it would have flown in the face of the character of Superman to sneak attack Zod with a bomb that would likely tear their bodies apart in a black whole. That would have been far fucking worse then killing Zod as we got.
>>
>>87775582
Normies love Nolan's films, for example. TDK solo made more impact in culute than whole DCEU.
>>87775901
I agree with MoS. Depsite fact that it's terrible adaptation, it's pretty decent action movie. But BvS is total mess. It's not good for fans, because it shits on beloved characters. It's shit for normies, because it's not explain shit. And shit for cuckritics because pretentions af.
>>
>>87775939
>He just gotta stop acting like an animal sometimes

Yeah Leto is playing him as actually crazy. It's like he's not even fully aware of what's going on. Comes off awkward.
>>
File: 1479488874160.png (665KB, 1203x595px) Image search: [Google]
1479488874160.png
665KB, 1203x595px
I feel bad for Snyderfags.
>>
>>87775971
>It's shit for normies, because it's not explain shit

It's pretty straightforward.
>>
>>87775840
> Even if that was true that is still a contextual change not a change in the character that makes him "Superman".

I disagree. A major factor in the DCU is that normies trust Superman so much, it trickles down to other heroes. If he vouches for a hero who looks shady, for instance, they'll take his word for it (see: latest ish of Aquaman)

More than one series (e.g., JLA: The Nail) has envisioned what might happen if he wasn't around to temper relations between normies and other superheroes. Shit gets ugly, every time
>>
File: DCucks.jpg (739KB, 800x1337px) Image search: [Google]
DCucks.jpg
739KB, 800x1337px
>>87773830
here's your

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzDOpvukhNo
>>
>>87775901
>craftsmanship
Filmmaking is more than just visuals and pretentious screenplay anon. Snyder's autism made him myopic and he ended up delivering a fanfic with no readers/audience in mind.
>>
>>87775971
>TDK solo made more impact
Of course because it was the first of its type and the MCU hadn't taken off yet to public demand for campy silly films hadn't grown to a 10th the level it is now.
>>
>>87774061
Since Elseworlds exist.
>>
You know, the DCEU is in such a sorry state that I actually look fondly on MoS. Mostly because of how self contained it is and it doesn't have forced extended world building
>>
>>87776001
>I disagree. A major factor in the DCU is that normies trust Superman so much, it trickles down to other heroes. If he vouches for a hero who looks shady, for instance, they'll take his word for it (see: latest ish of Aquaman)
>More than one series (e.g., JLA: The Nail) has envisioned what might happen if he wasn't around to temper relations between normies and other superheroes. Shit gets ugly, every time
THAT IS THE POINT, For this to be a universe that makes things fucking hard on the heroes where they actually have to work hard to accomplish shit instead of just mary suing their way through everything.
>>
>>87775839
this anon gets it
>>
>>87775961
1) How? And even so, so fucking what?
2) >his Father
>against humans
Even possiblity of that is stupid. He talked with his father already. Superman is retarded and can't see his father is good person?
3) He has killed them anyway. In character of Superman to let them kill thousands of people first? And I think Jor-El could find different way to stop Zod.
>>
>>87775840
Superman is among America.

Batman is the night.

You wouldn't call it a contextual change if Bruce Wayne was a popular billionaire DJ who fights crime after the club closes at 3am. Oh wait, you probably would.
>>
File: Birdcry.gif (3MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Birdcry.gif
3MB, 300x168px
>>87776064
Thats funny, I had the same thought when I was watching Suicide Squad last night. How the fuck did we get here?
>>
>>87776038
>Of course because it was the first of its type

Are you underage? Dark gritty super hero movies existed for decades.
>>
>>87775432
>>87775468
Yeah because Superman is a great IP for realistic stories :^)
>>
>>87776118
Greed
>>
"Not muh" is a completely valid reason for not liking something
>>
>>87775521
>Batman is insane retard who can be countered by MARTHA.

lol my normie friends think Batman is like the Punisher.
>>
>>87775995
You'd be pretty confused if you don't know shit about DC except MoS. Why is this Bruce guy angry? Whose costume with polearm? Is he dead? Who is he? His son? Wtf? Why is this guy wearing Bat-costume? Why should I care? Who is this woman? Why is she like Superman? Why is her staff is so strong? etc etc
>>
>>87776097
>He has killed them anyway
After they drew first blood, after they have established themselves as a threat.
Its self defense.
Attacking them with no notion of their intent is murder.

> In character of Superman to let them kill thousands of people first?
He didn't "let" them do jack shit, he can't be in 2 places at once.
>>
>>87776073
>THAT IS THE POINT, For this to be a universe that makes things fucking hard on the heroes where they actually have to work hard to accomplish shit instead of just mary suing their way through everything.

Snyderfags showing that they hate comics again.
>>
>>87773830
I don't like them because they're boring. Interesting interpretations of some characters but ultimately the execution of all of them is boring or unlikable.
>>
>>87776073
Being liked by the public does not make a character a Mary Sue, anon. There is nothing unrealistic about a man who does good things having a good reputation, no matter what anecdotes on the internet tell you.

Also, besides that, there are plenty of ways to write engaging conflict without heavily altering the character's traits
>>
>>87776121
Not to that level of flawlessness. And none of them involved Superman or really any super powered individuals.
>>
I think what bothers me most about Superman in the DCEU is that he is the source for all the conflict thus far

Like, if he had never come to Earth, none of this world ending shit would happen

The first Superman movie had Superman actually prevent a plan that would have been followed through had Luther not been foiled. Compare that to MoS where Superman's mere presence is why the villain appears.

That idea carries over to Luther only acting as a reaction to Superman rather then vice versa. Luthor would just continue doing shady shit rather then almost destroy the world if Superman had never come

This also extends to Suicide Squad. The Enchantess would have never been put in a position to do harm had they not assembled a squad as a reaction to Superman

Again, the arrival of Superman also leads to Darkseid's invasion of Earth in Justice League. Lex was only able to contact him, which he wouldn't have done if Superman had never gone to Earth, through Zod's ship, which wouldn't have been there if Superman never sent the beacon

Why would I root for a hero who has had an absolutely negative effect on the World at large?
>>
>>87776203
No plenty of awesome comics show darkness & consequences just not the ones you fucking people want them to take influence from.
>>
>>87776191
>Ask father who they are
>They're mass murderers, son and they'll eliminate the whole planet to ressurect Krypton
>K, how do I stop them?
>Father tells him some deadly/not deadly soultions before ship is too close.
Well?
>>
>>87776214
>Being liked by the public does not make a character a Mary Sue, anon. There is nothing unrealistic about a man who does good things having a good reputation, no matter what anecdotes on the internet tell you.
Your fucking delusional, the real world is awful and will factually try to tear down everyone who tries to do good.
>>
>>87775839
>>87776025

Fuck off /tv/
>>
>>87776243
>Why would I root for a hero who has had an absolutely negative effect on the World at large?
BECAUSE ITS NOT ACTUALLY HIS FAULT.
Your suppose to be sympathetic to him not fucking blaming him.

Do you not root for Thor in the comics just because Loki kills people just to fuck with him? Or Batman with the Joker.
>>
>>87774061
Since that long running franchise is filled with such a changes and are adaptations of the original character that Siegel and Shuster created in the first place.

In fact, he's closer to original Golden Age Supes than Classic Supes.

Read a comicbook once.
>>
>>87776278
BvS is still a film though anon.
>>
>>87776259
>>They're mass murderers
But they weren't.
>>
>>87775839
My nigga.
>>
>>87776243
>Why would I root for a hero who has had an absolutely negative effect on the World at large?
Because he is a good person who didn't choose to cause any of this to happen and is trying to stop it. You fucking idiot.
>>
>>87776275
>Who is Leo DiCaprio and dozens of other celebrities who do tons of charity and beloved by literally everywhere
Even in FUCKING REAL WORLD, there is a lot of kind people who get appreciation they deserved. DC is even better than real world. Snyder is just edgy. And he affrected you.
>>
>>87776275
What the fuck is this cynical bullshit? If anything, the point to a superhero universe should be that people are mostly good. People should be cheering Superman on.

People may shit on others, rob, steal, murder, and so on, but the majority of people out there are pretty decent.
>>
>>87776342
You forgot about coup d'etat? They definetly killed a lot of people during that.
>>
WB needs to fire their entire editing team.

They don't so much edit as they butcher.
>>
>>87776318
>Your suppose to be sympathetic to him not fucking blaming him.
>suppose to be
Intent doesn't equate to result
It's just like with Hal Jordan or the Na'vi. Having bad things happen to you doesn't make you sympathetic if you're already coming off as a kind of person that deserves to have bad things happen to you.

People need to like you to feel sympathy for you. At best, you may be confusing sympathy with empathy.
>>
>Don't use your powers to help people! Something might go wrong!
>Activate this millennia old alien technology! What could go wrong?!
>>
File: lead_960.jpg (106KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
lead_960.jpg
106KB, 960x640px
>>87776275
>the real world...will try to tear down everyone who tries to do good

>everyone who tries to do good

How'd they try to tear down pic related?
>>
>>87775981
>Criticises DC for bad characterisation
>Praises hellboy

you're an idiot, you know that freind
>>
>>87776318
Convince me Superman has been good for the DCEU planet earth. I do feel bad for him, all he wanted to know was where he was from. That doesn't change my problem with the movies

>>87776368
The road to hell is paved with good intensions
>>
>>87776558
>don't like Hellboy movies

How cancerous Snyderfag can be?
>>
>>87776243
This is true of almost all comic book movies nowadays. Off the top of my head there's

>The Avengers
>Age of Ultron
>The Dark Knight
>Iron Man 3
>Man of Steel
>Batman v Superman
>Thor

All movies where the hero's actions or existence creates the threat they must then defeat. I think people have internalised the complicated aftermath of American interventionism and it finds expression in our most popular extravagantly destructive art form.
>>
File: 1467837395491.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1467837395491.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>87776320
>he's closer to original Golden Age Supes
>parents alive
>Byrne Krypton
>No Krypto
>No Superboy
>Doesn't fight for the little guy
>No understanding of sciences of any kind
>Lost to Batman in a fist fight
>Zod is the phantom zoner not the Golden Age Phantom Zoners
>Lois in on the secret
>Over emphasis on farm boy angle
>Generally portrayed as stupid
>Powers capped a relatively "low level".

He's based off post-crisis Supes my man.
>>
>>87776320
Justino by the fact that he is defeated by a previously C list like Iron Man, people want the more modern and famous versions of the character.
>>
>>87776646
Also the fact that Doomsday was there even though he's a shithouse Superman villain. Definitely pushes this guy as post-crisis Supes.
>>
>>87776320
>Snyderman is closer to Golden Age Supes

No.

Golden Age Superman was cocky and brazen, was a social justice warrior (in a good way), and the public had a tenuous respect for him.

Snyderman is moody, is more of a general Samaritan, and the public despises him.
>>
>>87775839
>This is how Snyder painted Supes and Batty and presented it to the normies and this is how they would see it.

This is what Snyderfags are forgetting. No matter how much you defend Snyder's depiction of Superman and Batman and how much legit it would be, Snyder gave a first impression by presenting them that way in thier first film together. That is how normies would view DCEU's Superman and Batman.
>>
>>87776646
>>87776678
Don't you dare to say that this edgy retard is close to best Superman.
>>
>>87776723
Warner literally said "sorry" and Snyderfags still insist, its patethic.

The sucess of Rebirth with Superman should tell them what people really want.
>>
File: Supeskillsnstuff.png (2MB, 1460x1034px) Image search: [Google]
Supeskillsnstuff.png
2MB, 1460x1034px
>>87776725
Golden Age Supes was best Supes followed by Silver Age.

Post-Crisis Supes is still quality but of a lesser nature. Pretty much created as a refresher after all the strong bits of the mythology were created . Also the killing Zod stuff also came from Post-Crisis.
>>
>>87776821
Jon is a good kid.
Why you gotta ruin him by changing him to a girl?
>>
>>87776618
I think a good thought exercise is to look at those stories and try and determine what would happen if the main character died at a young age.

Loki would probably get the throne (since Baldr doesn't seem to exist), so antagonizing Thor or the Avengers. Thor can't really be blamed for being chosen by Odin so it's a mixed message.
Hydra would still exist. Red Skull probably would've won, even, if Steve got polio and died. Those existed outside of any MCU hero existing.
If Stark dies as a kid, Stane gets the company earlier than planned and still and works with the Ten Rings. However, Vanko probably dies in pool of vodka since he lacks the motivation for revenge.

If Bruce gets gunned down with his parents, the League of Shadows succeeds with their plan to blow up Gotham 2 movies early. There's no Joker but Gotham isn't much better off either way.

But then there's Kal-el . If Kal-el 's ship falls into a black hole and he dies as a baby? The ship never gets activated, so Zod is never drawn to Earth. Humanity would never be able to turn it on because doing so requires a key made of elements that literally don't exist on the planet and Kal-el brought to them. He could travel the stars in the opposite direction for the rest of his lifespan and never find us. Furthermore, there's no more Codex, which means that even of Zod does find earth, he's got no real reason to terraform it; he can't repopulate the natural way because he thinks that's heresy and not muh krypton, so why is he going to activate the world engine? No Zod corpse means no Doomsday. No reason for Lex to get butthurt either. Or for Bruce to get butthurt. He'd just continue to be a grumpy reclusive old man, stewing in his cave about the goold old days, until a young street tough by the name of Terry McGuinness appears by his front gate.

So not only is there an argument that Clark is the impetus for the bad things happening in the DCEU, Snyder has kept us from getting a Batman Beyond movie.
>>
>>87776588
where did i say i disliked them?
They're shitty adaptations, you're a fucking retard
>>
>>87776885
The superman in your picture is still not the same because the next page shows him being smart enough to take the corpses away so they can't be experimented on.
>>
File: ZY2wC12.png (183KB, 378x415px) Image search: [Google]
ZY2wC12.png
183KB, 378x415px
>>87776821
>>
>>87776438
>You forgot about coup d'etat? They definetly killed a lot of people during that.
Yeah but not even a hundred most likely that is far from assuming that they would be capable of genocide.
>>87776506
>if you're already coming off as a kind of person that deserves to have bad things happen to you.
But DCEU's Superman is a thousand light years from that.
>>87776564
>Convince me Superman has been good for the DCEU planet earth
He has saved thousands of people between films unrelated to the black zero disaster.
Zod may have made his way to earth eventually anyway.
>>87776564
>The road to hell is paved with good intensions
You would have a point if he was doing something wrong for a good cause but he has not done anything wrong.
>>
>>87776885
Post-Crisis Supes have best character and best stories, mate. That's the reason why he is still here even after fucking new52. And in good story he managed to trap Zod in phanton zone which could be perfect for movie. His scream for mercy (or curse) during departure to zone could be as dramatic as death.
>>
>>87776618
What I'm saying is Supermans very EXISTANCE has been a net negative. I do not have a problem with there being consequences for the heroes existances, but there has to be some overarching positive association with the hero. All those examples have heroes behaving like heroes outside of the consequences of their own existance

>The Avengers
Thor is only sent to earth by Odin, not because of Thor's direct actions. Thor had also saved Asgard and earth previously. His existance has shown to be positive. Loki is also being manipulated by Thanos, whose interest in earth relies on the infinity stones, not with the heroes. Had the Avengers not been there, Thanos would have ravaged the planet for the stones. He just saw Loki as a means to do it because of his previous grudge
>Age of Ultron
Avengers have already been shown saving the world from threats, both in their own movies and in the previous Avenegers movie. That's what makes this mistake hold more weight. (Or it should, the movie kinda sucks)
>The Dark Knight
We see Batman save the city in the previous movie. Had he not been there, Gotham would have been destroyed
>Iron Man 3
Again, Tony has shown himself over the course of the movies. This is however, the begin of his fall from grace so to speak.
>Man of Steel
>Batman v Superman
The two movies I have a problem with. One cannot deny that if Superman did not exist, the world would be better off
>Thor
Honestly, don't really remember this movie all too well. Wasn't Odin manipulated by Loki to send Thor to earth or something?
>>
>>87776821
>The sucess of Rebirth with Superman should tell them what people really want.
NO ONE IS DENYING WHAT THE MAJORITY OF FUCKTARDS WANT.
We are defending the right for what we enjoy to also exist.
Batman had his campy films to contrast his dark ones, Superman can have some dark films to contrast his light ones. Fairness and balance.
>>
File: 1431470624189.jpg (52KB, 552x532px) Image search: [Google]
1431470624189.jpg
52KB, 552x532px
>>87773830
>SuperMopey
>"amazing"

>BatMoron
>"amazing"

im still pissed at Snyder and WB for fucking up the first Superman/Batman movie ever
>>
>>87776957
>Yeah but not even a hundred most likely that is far from assuming that they would be capable of genocide.
>Implying Jor-El don't know what Zod and his crew are capable of.
>>
>>87776957
>But DCEU's Superman is a thousand light years from that.
FOR YOU.
>>
>>87776979
>One cannot deny that if Superman did not exist, the world would be better off
Same goes for Tony Stark and the MCU
>>
>>87777010
>implying you can't have light movie with really dark moments which could be much stronger in light tone of the movie
>>
>>87777035
If Tony Stark dies in the desert, Stane gets the company. Hell, if Tony were never born, Stange gets the company. Either way, Stane gets the company and sells weapons to terrorists. We don't get Iron Man but we get a bunch of terrorists with super weapons.
>>
>>87776957
Superman's existance has brought on the attack of a warmongering space alien, arisen the spirit of an ancient American witch, and brought the litera god of evil's eyes targeted to earth

What he's doing wrong is his very existance and that my point. It's a terrible terrible thing to say but his actions of doing good and looking for his family, good intensions, brought terrible things for the planet (see above)
>>
>>87777010
Your shit is literally demaging the brand, and you faggots are worse than MCUfags.

From the other thread:

Fucking patethic, at least MCUfags on /co/ dont act so uptigh over their movies being "ridiculously great"

This.

NONE of these films are ridiculously great. None of them are The Third Man or Zerkalo or even, I dunno, fucking TESB tier.

But at least the fucking Marvelfags don't pretend their films are amazing godsends. They don't even pretend films like Thor 2 or IM2 are passable, let alone good, whereas DCfags will white knight for the most puerile shit imaginable.

For fucks' sake go watch some good movies. Arrival is out now, it's pretty good, try it. I guarantee it is far better than any of these flicks you're arguing over. Or just pick up something good from last year. Anything but parroting this insincere crap about how Suicide Squad was anything but fetid shit because it gets your panties in a bunch that some Mahvel films have shiny red tomatoes next to them. It doesn't matter nigga, playing pretend like this won't make the DC films better, just go watch good movies instead.
>>
>>87777075
>with super weapons.
Just weapons. Same as our world.
>>
>>87776948
>The superman in your picture is still not the same because the next page shows him being smart enough to take the corpses away so they can't be experimented on.

No movie characters are 1:1 replica's of their comic counterparts but the original assertion was that he was based off the Golden Age Superman when the only version he's similar to is the Post-Crisis "grounded" version of Superman. Frankly post-crisis is a far more sterile and neutered version of Supes compared to his previous selves so it's not surprise that the reaction is shaky, they basically dragged Kal-L out of retirement so that Post-Crisis Supes could keep chugging along even though they ditched him anyways after New Krypton tanked.
>>
>>87777074
Which shows that this pic is right >>87775981

Snyderfags claim that the only dark or serious tone is the snyderfag tone, because of their autism.
>>
>>87777035
Did you just compared Tony "I'm jerk" Stark to Superman? And funny it is, but Tony saved Earth from alian invasion, while Superman saved Earth from alian invasion which was caused by himself. And also thousands of people died in the process.
>>
>>87777118
Good point. All the repulsor tech was designed by Stark, so depending on when Stark dies, that may not exist and the ten rings just has to use conventional weapons.

So MAYBE the world would be better off in a very abstract sense?
>>
>>87777035
If Tony had never existed, Loki's plan to attack earth would have succeeded.

His post Avenegers fall from grace is just to lead to a redemption arc, where he will sacrifice himself in order to stop Thanos and save the universe
>>
>>87776705
This, and it's an important distinction
edgy supes =/= golden age supes.
Golden age supes had a sense of humor, spent more time kicking ass and taking names than moping around or hovering in the sky to be some vague inspiration. He legitimately wanted to not just save the world from outside threats, but actively make it better by rooting out abusers, corrupt politicians and lobbyists, and Nazis.
>>
>>87777181
>Loki's plan to attack earth would have succeeded.
It did succeed in The Avengers. I think you mean, Loki's conquering of Earth might have succeeded. Which could've. It's a fair point.

>>87777159
>And funny it is, but Tony saved Earth from alian invasion, while Superman saved Earth from alian invasion which was caused by himself.
Kind of like the Ultron debacle huh
>>
>>87776978
Also the whiney, mopey stuff was more post-crisis than Golden/Silver age. So there's that.

Snyder Superman is kind of like Post-Crisis in the sense that he feels more like he was based off Superman than actually Superman.
>>
>>87777125
I'm not sure I agree. While you're right that no characters are 1:1 replications I think you're selling post crisis Superman short, especially Byrne's Man of Steel.

We got to see his Clark grow up, and go to school and study journalism, and be friends with Pete and have a girlfriend and generally be a well adjusted and social human being, thus establishing his deep ties to humanity and why he wants to do what he does. That would've been accepted had it been put to film.

Snyderman isn't that. It's the opposite of that. A morose and alienated loner that only ever makes one friend when he's well into his thirties and lives in constant fear and distrust of the people he's elected to protect for abstract metatextual reasons.
>>
>>87777242
Well, as anon said, without Tony - Earth would be conquered. Without Superman - Earth would be safe and sound.
Also, again, Supes = Cap, not Tony.
>>
File: 1261430853265.jpg (10KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1261430853265.jpg
10KB, 320x240px
>>87773830
>mfw I actually like Batman in BvS for being muh Batman
>Didn't like how sterile the Nolanverse felt with action
>Batman fucking up those guys in the warehouse was the highlight of the film to me
>Snyder's Batman is sandwiched between terrible casting and boring cgi fights
>years away from solo film and Batman only gets stuck in teamup films with probably more giant CGI fights and no Batman being awesome.
>>
>>87777252
Snyder Supes is nothing like best Post-Crisis version. It's Birthright+Earth-1+kind of new52.
>>
>>87777345
It's mostly just Earth 1.
Birthright is too different and New 52 is more optimistic.
>>
>>87777318
>mfw I actually like Batman in BvS for being muh Batman
Your Batman is a cold-blood murdering psychopath?
>>
>>87777318
So basically you just like that warehouse scene.
Fuck man there are amateurs on youtube that recreate stuff like that. Just watch those videos next time.
>>
>>87777318
Everybody knows, even people who hate BvS like me, that Afleck was the best part. Probably because he rewrotte all of his scenes.
>>
>DECUfags still at it
Why do you bother? Your movies are objectively shit and everyone with any taste or love for these characters rightly hates them.

You're honestly way worse than the prequel defenders.
>>
>>87773830
DCEU Superman doesn't really have a character. Nor does its Lois Lane or Perry White. They're cardboard. The SS characters have even less depth, some of them have nothing more than one or two lines of exposition to them.

It has a good Batman though. Batfleck should have directed BvS. Not Affleck mind you, Batfleck. He should have been throwing batarangs at interns and sitting behind those cameras with his glum "muh parents" grimace.
>>
>Deadshot has more charisma than Superman
>Snyderfags find this acceptable.
>>
>>87777242
I think it's safe to say it would have. Only Tony could have both caught the nuke and redirected toward the mother ship. Thor needs his hammer to aim and doesn't have the movement options the iron man suite does

Let me reiterate. Tony has shown to be an overall net positive for the planet. Him not existing would have lead to Earth's destruction. This is the beginning of a redemption arc, an arc Superman cannot go through because his greatest crime is simply existing and drawing these enemies to earth
>>
>>87777415
I would whatch a movie of Batafleck directing a movie.
>>
>>87775695
According to Bruce, the people of metropolis dickride supes pretty hard
>>
File: evans-cavill.jpg (82KB, 970x689px) Image search: [Google]
evans-cavill.jpg
82KB, 970x689px
>>87777406
They need constant validation for some reason.
>>
>Metroplois is literally in a second of fly to Superman
>He don't need to ask Bruce's permission since they're enemies
>Gotham is still shithole where criminals kidnap people and do shit.
DCEU Superman is fucking asshole.
>>
File: 1466235137822.png (198KB, 389x365px) Image search: [Google]
1466235137822.png
198KB, 389x365px
>>87773830
Funny how you chose to post a shot where Snyderman looks like he's about to pass gas.

Wait, that's every shot in these godawful movies.
>>
>>87777406
They think they can change our minds.

I liked MoS, but BvS and SS were garbage to me. No matter how much Snyder shitposting they do, they're never going to change my mind.

And that is a fact.
>>
/co/, can you please stay on /co/?
>>
File: 1472113379105.jpg (70KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1472113379105.jpg
70KB, 500x282px
>>87773830

Nobody likes /tv/. Leave.
>>
>>87773830

Was BvS a fun movie to watch?
I still haven't seen it.
>>
>>87778077
Depends if you just want mindless action or not.
>>
Superman is a perfectly-humanoid alien from a planet called "Krypton" who is sent to Earth as an infant in a baby-rocket to escape the explosive demise of his home-world. Said perfectly-humanoid alien is found by a Midwestern-American farming couple who adopt him and raise him on good-ol' fashioned American values which would mould his decision to become a red-and-blue-clad superhero once his physics-defying powers developed. His comics were written and sold for the express purpose of lifting the spirits of WW2 Americans, who had to deal with a harsh and often-depressing reality.

The whole concept of the character is patently absurd and silly, to use this material in a completely serious manner only serves to make it look absolutely stupid. In what warped reality did anyone think Superman could be translated into a highly-realistic setting and not end up with confused garbage? Anyone who thinks a "realistic", adults-only adaptation of SUPERMAN was needed or even wanted is childish beyond measure.
>>
>>87778267
vapid, empty argument.
>>
File: Superman is a big guy.jpg (125KB, 755x768px) Image search: [Google]
Superman is a big guy.jpg
125KB, 755x768px
>>87776243
>>87776979

Dude, the same thing happened in the comics.

Let's take Grant Morrison's run on Action Comics. You know, the Nu52 Superman more commonly known here as Superbro.

If it wasn't for Superman the General Lane and Lex Luthor wouldn't try to destroy low income houses in their attempt to capture him.
If it wasn't for Superman the Collector wouldn't come to Earth nor would it try to steal Metropolis.
If it wasn't for Superman that 5th dimensional imp with a weird name wouldn't try to destroy tons of planets in his pursuit for Superman.
If it wasn't for Superman the same imp wouldn't try to create tons of new enemies to form a team to capture Superman.
If it wasn't for Superman, Captain Comet wouldn't try to kidnap Lois' niece in an attempt to save her from the same imp that wanted to kill Superman.
If it wasn't for Superman the same imp wouldn't try to bring a villainous Superman from another universe to battle Superman.

I can go on and on about this shit naming villains like Mongul, H'El and so on.
>>
>>87775468
You're a retard
>>
File: lex.jpg (88KB, 612x696px) Image search: [Google]
lex.jpg
88KB, 612x696px
Why are you guys saying that Superman in DCEU is hated by the public when one of the biggest reason for Lex hatred is the fact that the public adore Superman?
>>
>>87778360
>"vapid, empty argument."
The irony is staggering.
>>
>>87778692
vapid, empty insult.
>>
>>87775468
Superman existing in a realistic setting doesn't make any goddamned sense. I wish critical-thinking skills was required curriculum in American schools.
>>
>>87778549

Darkseid as well was caused by Superman, kinda... Darkseid found out Earth-2 Superman and decided to invade other universes to capture more Supermen.

So in the Nu52 everything bad is caused by Superman.
>>
File: 1470953010906.jpg (22KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
1470953010906.jpg
22KB, 480x300px
>>87778718
Shieet, I guess you win this time, anon. Can't beat that logic.
>>
>>87777082
>What he's doing wrong is his very existance and that my point. It's a terrible terrible thing to say but his actions of doing good and looking for his family, good intensions, brought terrible things for the planet (see above)
All this could have been prevented if he had REVEALED HIMSELF, a few years earlier.

The only reason humanity over-reacted and created Suicide Squad, was because Zod was the first example of a Cryptonian humanity had ever seen and he is a violent psycho. So now Superman is tinted by that image and people fear him doing the same.

If Superman had done what he did in the comics, of stomming minior crime in public and saving people in broad daylight. If he had tried to communicate with the government and society in general, then he could have prepared the whole planet against the threats that was to come. But no, Pa Kent had the bright idea that humanity "isn't ready" for aliens. And that became a self fulfilling prophecy and the damage can't be undone.
>>
>>87777010
>We are defending the right for what we enjoy to also exist.
You are not demanding that. You are demanding that the only live action Justice League film be set in an alternate universe where Superman and Batman were unrecognisable. You are demanding that your version of characters be the only version that exists.
>>
>>87778549
Wasn't this more about the feud the 5th dimensional imp had with Mxy in the first place? It was basically murder by proxy. Superman had never even met the dude up until then.
>>
>>87778987

Yeah. The imp wanted to kill Superman because Superman in the future would be Mxy's favorite pet or something, but STILL if Superman didn't existed Mxy wouldn't have his pass-time and the imp wouldn't target the third dimension thanks to their feud.
>>
>>87779049
For all we know, the imp could've just had done something else just as bad. Remember, he REALLY hated Mxy. Seems like he'd try to destroy anything that were precious to him.
>>
>>87779128

>Seems like he'd try to destroy anything that were precious to him.

That much is true, but the question is: would it have been something related to the third dimension, most importantly Earth?

Either way the point is that the heroes attracting the bad guys is a very common troupe in cape comics.
>>
>>87778632
>Why are you guys saying that Superman in DCEU is hated by the public when one of the biggest reason for Lex hatred is the fact that the public adore Superman?
No, because Lex is so insane that he created an indestructible monster that would have wiped out humanity if his plan succeeded. Even the Lex of Donner Superman was more competent. The Snyder Lex simply doesn't make any logical sense.
>>
>>87779432
And that's really is what I noted with Snyderverse. In Snyderverse the heroes are evil and the villains are Chaotic-meaninglessly destructive. Neither Snyder Lex nor Snyder Zod acted sensibly, as if Snyder assumed that villains NEED to be insane.
>>
>>87779474
>Neither Snyder Lex nor Snyder Zod acted sensibly
I'll give credit where credit is due, Zodd did what he did due to the love of his home planet.

That's more than I can say for Lex.
>>
They're shit
>>
>>87779474
Zod acted sensibly if you pretend he was actually a robot.
>>
>>87778766
And I wish casuals were required to read comics before posting on a comic board (/a/ sure as hell wouldn't allow people to set up shop without watching at least a handful of anime). Superman exists in a flawed setting. He's wrong about the "fairlytell" comment because DC's comics are and will always be edgier than the movies as long as there isn't rape. Casuals are butthurt because the Donnerverse was perfect, and anything that doesn't resemble it isn't "muh superman."

But a perfect man protecting a perfect world is a fucking repulsive concept.
>>
>>87779745
>But a perfect man protecting a perfect world is a fucking repulsive concept.
Even in the supposed "perfect world" of the Donnerverse we have a random guy that's able to steal a nuclear weapon and launch it on American soil with almost no trouble at all.
>>
>>87778692
Your post is basically, "This entire genre is so stupid that it can only be adapted as self-parody." And your suggestion is that superhero films should solely be made for people who think this. I'm not sure if Garth Ennis has as dismissive an attitude of the genre as you do, and he hates superheroes. But he at least has enough respect for Superman to write him , if only him, with some gravitas.

The most ridiculous thing about Superman is the concept of an alien who looks like a human, and in sci-fi that's more often the case than not. Doesn't mean that every sci-fi film with humanoid aliens should be written like Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, or exclusively for people who actually hate sci-fi and think its stupid.
>>
>>87779917
The problem with your argument is that it precludes the entire concept of bathos. There's a difference between gravitas and self-seriousness to the point of comedy, and the Snyderverse is unfortunately within the realm of the latter. It is just as campy as Schumacher (for the actual definition of camp, that is), only with a different aesthetic and tone in mind.
>>
God, has this sorry excused for a universe have ruined Superman's chances to be popular again? Thanks Zack "the hack" Snyder
>>
>>87779965
>There's a difference between gravitas and self-seriousness to the point of comedy

The only reason a superhero film can possess "self-seriousness to the point of comedy" in your eyes is because you think everything from the superhero genre is dumb. Presented with a deeply serious war, spy, horror, or crime film, which are a dime a dozen, you likely wouldn't have a problem with it.

Normally when I think a genre is dumb I just stay away from it. If I want to make fun of it I can do it myself, but I don't expect people who actually like the genre to do it for me.
>>
>>87779862
>random guy that's able to steal a nuclear weapon

Who never even had the slightest chance of getting away with it, because this Superman exists in a perfect world in which the bad guys can't reap even the most inconsequential of victories.
>>
File: ibslEB6Ku4Ox6U.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
ibslEB6Ku4Ox6U.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>87779745
Therein lies the ultimate issue. Superman is a cornball concept from a bygone age and doesn't work when it is applied with a tone that it was never designed to work with. Superman is a literal cartoon and when I watch a cartoon acting like a tortured, burdened, self-appointed Messiah it comes off as pretentious, confused, and an unintentional mockery of itself. This problem is compounded by the fact that the film is not even remotely self-aware, it feels like someone adapted a satire in a literal fashion. Superman only works as something inoffensive and enjoyed by all ages. If you want something darker and more-realistic you go with a completely different character, instead of warping this one into something it's not. Could you imagine if they decided to make a darker, edgier, more-realistic Power Rangers mov...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
>>
>>87780272
>Never read a Superman comic.
You seriously believe everything you wrote?
>>
>>87780272
Concepts are concepts. You can make a funny zombie movie like Shawn of the Dead or a dark and serious show about magical girls. It's entirely dependent on execution, and is the difference between Buffy and Blade.

Superman was initially conceived as a serious character in a gritty setting, and his best stories involve the character reflecting on the limitations of his power and his, at times, inability to save everyone despite possessing so much of it. In contrast I have never read a Superman story that made me laugh.
>>
>>87780272
Superman is a pretty serious character from a pretty dark setting. Thats were he was conceived.
>>
>>87780084
I love plenty of dumb genres, anon, the difference is I realize they are dumb. Rather, that I am aware of what it is and enjoy it on that level. It's kinda pathetic when people try to parade their spandex-wearing cartoon characters like they are supposed to mean something to anyone who isn't a kid or a nerd. You think I hate this genre, yet you are the ones trying to deform it.
>>
>>87779169
I'm not saying villains getting attracted to heroes is bad. I'm saying that EVERY conflict comes from Superman existing and he does nothing but bring trouble for the planet. Can the same be said for Nu52 Superbro considering how many times he's saved the planet from forces that are from OUTSIDE the very fact he exists?
>>
>>87780136
And you expect me to think Zod had a chance of winning in Man of Steel? C'mon man.
>>
>>87780084
>The only reason a superhero film can possess "self-seriousness to the point of comedy" in your eyes is because you think everything from the superhero genre is dumb.
That's a rather extreme projection. I think it's entirely possible to do superhero movies with gravitas wihout being self serious to the point of parody. Nolan did it just fine. Heck, Mask of the Phantasm did it perfectly, and that had the added stigma of being animated on top of being a superhero story.

You're insisting that the ONLY way to do a serious story is Snyder's artificial take and that's disingenuous.
>>
>>87780545
Superbro is a better Superman than DCEU. But to be fair, its not exactly DCEU Superman's fault for everything that happens. Maybe Zod, but thats it. He has nothing to do with Luthor being an asshole and Enchantress.
>>
>>87780539
I could say the same of sci-fi or Tolkein-esque fantasy. I could also say, if I held your opinion regarding the superhero genre in regard to them, that I probably don't enjoy them unironically. Certainly not to the same extent as people like Roddenberry who believe these genres can produce something great or meaningful.

>Return of the King is a good novel...if you enjoy it "on that level."
>>
>>87780606
If Superman didn't exist, Luthor wouldn't have created Doomsday and put millions at risk

If Superman didn't exist, enchantress wouldn't have been recruited to the Suicide Squad

If Superman didn't exist Darkseid would not come to earth.

Compare to Superman with Reeves. Without him, California is gone. Compare with Batman Begins, without Batman, Gotham is destroyed. Compare with Star Wars, without Luke the empire continues.

Why sympathize with a character that inadvertently causes ALL his major problems?
>>
>>87780606
Luthor's entire motivation according to /co/ was to discredit Superman. If Superman doesn't exist he'd go back to doing whatever he was doing prior in the events of Man of Steel.
Enchantress was tapped for the Skwad, which literally exists because "what if Superman decided to rip off the roof of the white house".
>>
>>87780708
But it never shows why he hates him. This Lex is just a fucking cunt.
>>
>>87780676
Darkseid comes to Earth because Lex was fucking with things that he didn't understand.
>>
>>87773830
No, they made Superman autistic, to pander a certain stupid demographic instead of revering the character.
>>
>>87780849
Things that only work because Superman turned them on.
>>
>>87780895
Yeah, but he didnt tell Lex to use them. Thats all on Lex for being a cunt. But you guys are right about Superman being butchered in this universe. Like holy shit Superman's character was assassinated to make this shitty universe.
>>
>>87780051
>God, has this sorry excused for a universe have ruined Superman's chances to be popular again? Thanks Zack "the hack" Snyder
Superman is still popular in the comics and cartoons. Hell, even in TV shows. It's just that the live action film version has been ruined in the short term, which by association also ruins the Justice League. So we would need a reboot Superman to get a decent Justice League.
>>
>>87780545

>Can the same be said for Nu52 Superbro considering how many times he's saved the planet from forces that are from OUTSIDE the very fact he exists?

But then you'll be bringing other comics, while i was talking mostly about Morrison's run. In Morrison's run pretty much all the threats were created in a way or another because Superman existed.
>>
>>87780849
Lex would have never gotten the ship if Superman never existed in that universe

That is the crux of my argument. Superman brings nothing but problems to the universe, so why should I Want to see him succeed?
>>
>>87780963
When is the last time Superman actually had a solo cartoon? And the movies have kinda ruined his image. That's the biggest for of media exposure and if casuals dont like him he is fucked. Which is what Snyder did in BVS>
>>
>>87778929
you're retarded m8, there is a whole bit in the beginning of MoS showing Clark using his powers to save people. Hell he even does it as a child. Pa Kent never wanted him to hide forever, he just wanted Clark to be able to reveal himself when he wanted to.

Also, the second he found his outfit he revealed himself man, what more do you want?
>>
>>87781001
Its not Superman's fault that Lex was fucking with things that were out of his control. Superman didnt create Doomsday, lex did. And why the fuck does that little shit even hate him in this universe? Usually Lex begins to hate Supes because the stop one of his plans.
>>
File: 1470946655207.jpg (48KB, 492x449px) Image search: [Google]
1470946655207.jpg
48KB, 492x449px
>>87780652
Today one of the most-important literary works of the 20th century was compared to a serialized publican designed to sell ads to children... I need to lay down.
>>
>>87779474
>>87779432
He had more kryptonite, he could have killed Doomsday whenever he wanted. How dumb can you be?
>>
>>87781015
>Pa Kent never wanted him to hide forever, he just wanted Clark to be able to reveal himself when he wanted to.
He never said that Clark should reveal when he wanted to, he said that humanity need to be ready. And since he never said what ready is it is basically never. Clark ended up having to reveal himself AGAINST his father's advice, and only because he was damn forced to because Zod. Humanity really could have prepared themselves against alien invasions had Clark shown up in public earlier.
>>
>>87780994
Superbro does not exist in a vaccum. I know you were mostly talking of Morrison's run.

What I'm saying is Snyder's Superman brings nothing but problems. I'd love evidence to the contrary
>>
>>87781055
What did Lex use to create Doomsday?
>>
>>87781073
>He had more kryptonite, he could have killed Doomsday whenever he wanted. How dumb can you be?
Then he could already kill Superman and don't need Doomsday. What the fuck, if Lex can kill Doomsady so easily then why does he need Doomsaday at all to kill Superman?
>>
>>87773830
At first glance, I thought that was Robbie Rotton.
>>
>>87781095
Zod. and his stupid blood.
>>
>>87780940
If you leave your gun out and your kid starts playing with it and shoots the neighboor boy you're at fault for leaving your gun out.

Clark left all that alien technology (that he attracted to earth in the first place) and the corpse of a kryptonian just lying there so that he could go make out with Lois.

The Byrne run that Snyderfags love posting a single page out of? That Superman goes "I don't want this tech to be abused. I'm going to stick it in my base in the arctic. I don't want these bodies to be experimented on. I'm going to show respect to my enemies and bury them on the moon."
>>
>>87781103
same reason a person cant just go up to batman and kill him with a gun, people can move around, and Superman can move at super speed and shoot lasers out of his eyes and shit. Batman was barely able to use the kryptonite on Superman.

Doomsday is a mindless beast. Also Doomsday did kill Superman, so it worked.
>>
>>87781155
And how did Zod's body get there?
>>
Wow, this universe really fucked Superman over.
>>
>>87781193
>Superman got stabbed because he grew a bone spike by Wonder Woman slicing his hand off trying to help
>Could have just taken the spear herself and killed doomsday

Diana was a real asset to the team...
>>
>>87781062
Until recently fantasy and sci-fi sat in similar ghetto as cape.

>serialized publican designed to sell ads to children.
This hasn't been true in decades, and isn't how the people who actually write in this genre think of it.
>>
>>87781398
what do you mean, Diana was keeping Doomsday tied up/distracted so Superman could stab him in the first place
>>
File: Marvel vs DC.jpg (153KB, 492x533px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel vs DC.jpg
153KB, 492x533px
>>87773830
>>
>>87781193
Lex had Superman on his knees right in front of him. He could've just pulled a piece out of his pocket and Superman would've been helpless.

Batman had him pinned down once he dropped the smoke grenade shit and just held a giant chunk of it over him then he was weak enough to be stabbed through the chest by just flying around, holding the spear for a few minutes.
>>
>>87781193
That battle was fucking stupid. Superman should have ended it in the beginning.
>>
>>87781541
Well like you said, Batman had to hit with me a smoke grenade kryptonite first before anything. Superman could have flown just out of reach if Lex pulled out some Kryptonite. We really dont have a metric for how harmful it is to Superman in this universe.

Also at that point Lex was trying to not get caught and have Batman kill him. And he didn't JUST want to kill Superman he wanted to see if Superman would kill Batman.
>>
>>87781599
how?
>>
The Batman fans got an awesome Batman and are already crafting a universe around him
Superman is fucking dead and has a shit tier version of Lex
>>
>>87781667
>he doesnt like golden age/mad scientist lex

its a shame, but with him going bald and all I bet he'll be more general audience pleasing and closer to DCAU Lex.
>>
>>87781643
>and have Batman kill him

So why create Doomsday?
>>
>>87781694
to see if he could, again he had the kryptonite so he figured he could probably kill it whenevs.
>>
>>87776062
Those elseworlds are 'else' for a reason
>>
>>87781729
Killing Joke was an intended elseworld that became canon. Whatever Happened To The Man of Tomorrow is explicitly and elseworld but is one of the most defining Superman arcs. Same with Secret Identity.

Hypertime mother fucker.
>>
>>87781729
>>87781753

also Dark Knight Returns. And Superman got most of his most memorable things from outside sources, like Jimmy Olsen came from a radio show.
But stay pleb you fucking idiot
>>
>>87781725
>Let me just release this uber power alien ape into the world. You know, because it's fun! If it survives a nuke, just use this basketball sized rock against it, be sure to share. Maybe just hold it close or something? Maybe throw it.

Super genius Lex Luthor
>>
>>87774564
>This is why people dont like stuff like, white bearded Superman, gunning down Hitler twins, with giant canons.
We many never know if that version of Superman was Goyer's end game, once MoS Superman had been sufficiently broken down and jaded. He pulled worse shit on his older movies. I'm still salty about Kickboxer 2.
>>
>>87781725
And then what? Government take body and finds out its part Zod part Lex right?
>>
>>87781789
he did think he could control it too, but he obviously doesnt care about the outside world, and he never really has. Part of the point of Lex is that he uses Superman as an excuse for his lack of morality and greatness.

also, once again, he had kryptonite and could either use it or force the US military to buy all his kryptonite weapons like he wanted in the beginning of the movie
>>
>>87781653
By ripping his armor off and forcing him to listen? Before Kryptonite came into play he could have ended the battle easily.
>>
>>87781823
why would the government take it? Lex has proven he is able to manipulate the government. They gave him full access to the ship. And Doomsday isn't half lex half doomsday, Doomsday (in the DCEU) is a genetic safety guard in all Kryptonians that stops them from being genetically modified. So Lex tries to introduce his DNA into Zod, but it just activates the Doomsday in his DNA.
>>
>>87781854
he tried to talk to him, but then Batman was REEEEEing from earlier when Superman fucked his car up. Superman had no reason to think Batman could pose any real threat to him until the Kryptonite came into play.
>>
>>87781860
They're the ones who took Zod's body. Plus they saw the ship act up and would still probably intervene if he put the whole planet at risk with his retard monster.

I didn't remember that part of Doomsday. It still has Zod's blood though right?
>>
>>87781879
Superman pushed Batman. He didn't say anything about his mother.
>>
>>87781860
>why would the government take it? Lex has proven he is able to manipulate the government.

>While Lex is arrested and thrown in jail after Doomsday is defeated at the end of the movie
>>
>>87781908
it did have Zod's blood, and I wouldn't expect anyone to remember because it was just briefly mentioned by the robot AI in the ship. But lets set all that technical shit aside.
Lex was able to get Zod's body from the government to begin with. And they only arrested Lex AFTER the whole Doomsday thing happened to begin with. Lex is obviously more powerful than the government. If we assume that Batman kills Superman, and then Lex creates Doomsday, under the impression he can control it, and then when he fails he either a) dies, b) uses kryptonite on it to kill it, or c) pressures the government into now buying his kryptonite weapons
>>
>>87781925
Superman tries twice to just talk to him, says Lex is manipulating them, but both times Batman shoots shit at him. THEN Superman pushes him, because Batman keeps proving what the one Gotham civie told Superman when he was Clark Kent, that Batman only listens to might.
>>
>>87781962
yeah, thats AFTER he is defeated by the superheroes and is shown to the whole world to be a super bad guy. Up until then he definitely is. He got them to give him full access to the ship and to give him Zod's body.
>>
>>87782006
Is that before or after he ripped the hood off the Batmobile and said "The bad is dead. If I ever see you again I'm gonna make you regret it"
>>
>>87781987
Ok hypothetically

Doomsday kills Superman and then Lex has to step in

You don't think the government will do anything about the monster that just so happen to appear after the Black Mercy started acting up? Like they'll just let Lex take it back or something? Like, can you run me through a hypothetical scenario that doesn't sound contrived as fuck?
>>
File: 57357mj3457m8.png (721KB, 754x686px) Image search: [Google]
57357mj3457m8.png
721KB, 754x686px
>>87781987
>b) uses kryptonite on it to kill it, or c) pressures the government into now buying his kryptonite weapons

Batman stole it all.

Top is the original
Bottom is when it's in the Batcave
>>
>>87782065
yeah, like I said, he was told by numerous Gotham citizens, that Batman only listens to might. Also Batman showed no regard for human life. And the only other person he has faced off against was Zod, who refused to talk and literally forced Superman to kill him. Its about his character arc, him stopping the car and tearing off the hood was a mistake on his part. He tried to correct it by talking to Batman during their second encounter, but the damage was already done and his initial response (destroying the car) helped Bruce prove to himself that he was right about Superman (so he wouldnt let him talk).
Notice how its only when Superman is willing to be completely honest, plead for help with his mother and reveal to Batman his most loved person in the world (Lois), that Batman realizes he is wrong and is willing to help Superman.
Both men have the arc of learning to trust in man again.
>>
>>87782006
And he still could have done what I wrote.
>>
>>87782068
what do you mean, Lex has the only weapons that can stop the monster and he could just make any number of excuses (it was planted by the kryptonians!). I mean in real life the american government aids and helps our enemies all the time. Like how we hired a bunch of nazis to make spaceships for us.
>>
>>87782082
he still has the bit from the beginning when he was showing the senator, and he said he had kryptonite based weapons to that same senator. Also that was just one shipment of it, I'm sure he could find more.
>>
>>87782177
well when he tried to, Batman shot him with Kryptonite grenade
>>
>>87782157
>He tried to correct it by talking to Batman during their second encounter, but the damage was already done and his initial response (destroying the car) helped Bruce prove to himself that he was right about Superman (so he wouldnt let him talk).
He had opportunity to learn that lesson from the last fucking movie by having Zod be the first impression the world has at large on Kryptonians in particular and superhumans in general.

Clark's going to spend this entire franchise running damage control because that's supposedly "Deeper" and it sucks.
>>
>>87782194
What I'm saying is the government would want to see the body right? I don't think they'd give it back to Lex cause they'd say he was the one who aggravated it. And they'd see it was just Zod in there. But I guess Lex could say he accidentally set it off
>>
>>87782300
what do you mean, post MoS half the world hated Superman and have the world praised him and loved him. They show that pretty clearly. And if Zod taught me anything its that might made right, because it was the only way to stop him.
And as Clark, all he heard from civies were horror stories about Batman
>>
>>87782355
I mean Lex also blew up the entire senate but got away with it, I'm sure he could figure out some way out of it.

I feel like the only reason they did arrest Lex at the end was because of Superman's direct involvement with the whole ordeal
>>
File: 57m907 946.png (334KB, 627x357px) Image search: [Google]
57m907 946.png
334KB, 627x357px
>>87782212
>he still has the bit from the beginning when he was showing the senator,

He had a tiny ass fragment. He could barely pull out a handful of bullets, yet alone create weapons from it beyond a bullet or a scalpel.

>and he said he had kryptonite based weapons to that same senator.

He said he could weaponize it IF he had a large enough sample, which is why he called the senators for favors to get it imported and sent to him. He had nothing else.

>Also that was just one shipment of it, I'm sure he could find more.

One shipment? We see here that >>87782082
the whole rock was there, not in pieces. It also took 18 months after superman revealed himself to find that rock so is Little old Lex going to dance and manipulate his way for possibly years while this monster stomps the earth until he can find another rock, if another even exists?
>>
File: Perfect DC movie.jpg (337KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Perfect DC movie.jpg
337KB, 960x1440px
>>87773830
>This is the greatest Superman movie.
>'Has nothing to do with muh Superman' is not an argument.
>>
>>87782451
that rock was a sample from a bunch of it around the kryptonian crash site. There was obviously more there.
>>
>>87782451
>He said he could weaponize it IF he had a large enough sample, which is why he called the senators for favors to get it imported and sent to him. He had nothing else.

He already had discovered the field of kryptonite by the crashed kryptonian ship, but by the time he created doomsday he could already import more kryptonite from the same field.
>>
>>87775939
I just wish he toned down the voice a notch and ditch the retarded tattoos.

I don't even mind the metal capped teeth because it implies intense electroshock "therapy"
>>
File: 1403751510937.jpg (55KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
1403751510937.jpg
55KB, 416x416px
>When you love both interpretations
This is the golden age of capeshit
>>
>>87782219
No he didn't.
>>
>>87782680
yeah, when they are on the roof and Superman stops playing and tries to force Batman to listen to him (as you are suggesting) Batman shoots him with the kryptonite
>>
>>87782482
>>87782581
Can you please point to the time in the movie or a line that he found oddles of krytonite laying around, it was the first of many shipments, Lex being perfectly fine Batman destroying his building be he apparently had way more coming in?

Also, if there was just tons of it around, why did Batman go through the trouble of attacking Lex's group then goes after his company to get this rock when he could just fly down and scuba dive for some sweet death rock by the ton? Don't say he didn't know about it because he hacked Lex's servers and had all of his information and this was after he found it.
>>
>>87773830
Does this Superman count?
>>
>>87782711
there is just the one field of it (so far) out in the ocean by the crashed ship. Field might be a bit much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoaRW4WUUw8

look at the scene, they just pull off one rock from the rest of the much bigger mass.

also idk what you mean by

>Lex being perfectly fine Batman destroying his building be he apparently had way more coming in?

Lex wanted Batman to get the kryptonite, part of his plan was letting batman steal the data, so he only put the data there that he wanted Batman to have.
>>
File: 89647j35723.png (312KB, 846x362px) Image search: [Google]
89647j35723.png
312KB, 846x362px
>>87783215
>Lex wanted Batman to get the kryptonite,

Then why guard it so heavily that Batman doesn't even get it after his first attack. Lex looks worried when he sees the batarang in the empty container knowing that Batman took it.

Also, they still never mention anymore kyptonite being around or more coming after they find the first chunk. So we just assume right? That there's just tons of antisuperman floating around and Batman never took a few days off to go there and get some himself? But he went out of his way to fight Lex for what was apparently a small fraction in a field of this stuff.
>>
>>87773830
sooo this is what denial looks like.
>>
File: 1422289361390.jpg (29KB, 348x212px) Image search: [Google]
1422289361390.jpg
29KB, 348x212px
>You guys just hate the DCEU movies because "not muh"
Well yeah, they aren't like the comics which /co/ likes
>Well they're still roughly the same and hit all the important points of the characters
They don't
>How come MCU gets a pass for having characters act differently???
Because in the MCU the characters actually do feel the same
>You guys just hate DC
/co/ leans heavily towards DC
>The public just hates DC
Which explains why BvS was a financial success despite its absolute critical failure
>>
>>87781827
Okay, so-
Why did he not make Metallo or something, then?
That seems a bit easier to control than 'resurrected monster god'.
>>
>>87783933
Abomination was supposed to be representative of Clark's personal devils both figuratively and literally
>>
>>87783998
That is retarded.
>>
>>87773830
Excuse me if I'm not amazed by, you know, the compelling and memorable portrayal of Jimmy Olsen.
>>
>>87783449
>Then why guard it so heavily that Batman doesn't even get it after his first attack.

Thats not why Batman didnt get it, he didnt get it because Superman stepped in. And he had to have SOME guards or else Batman would be suspicious.

And he looks concerned because he is in front of other people and has to keep up the charade.

>Also, they still never mention anymore kyptonite being around or more coming after they find the first chunk.

Why would they have to mention it, they never say its just want shipment, and he explicitly says he was going to make kryptonite based weapons.

Also, again, Batman doesnt know of any other kryptonite than the one Lex has (like I said, Lex wanted Batman to get the files and only gave him the information he wanted Batman to have)

In this speech he reveals he wants Batman to fight Superman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS3uXgGGPPE

How did he expect Batman to kill him if he didnt have any kryptonite? Goddamn, this isnt a difficult movie to understand.
>>
>>87773830
Let's look at Superman.
>does not consult Kryptonian AI about Kryptonian individual
>conveniently doesn't notice certain criminals
>takes forever to try and reason with Batman
>constantly references Krypton and how it's "my world" and "where I come from" and shit, ignoring the fact that Kryptonians did not have his powers on his Earth
>conveniently also ignoring the fact that he has literally zero memories of his life on Krypton
>has the most bizarre telepathic boner for Lois Lane for no reason that somehow leads to him outright forgetting other people

RIP
>>
>>87784029
why, Lex wanted to punish Clark and have his greatest failure come back to haunt him. That is what Lex does, he fucking tortures Superman in anyway he can. Thats why he takes his mom and makes him fight Batman to the death. Thats why he made him choose between Lois and the damn in the Donner movies. Thats why he tries to become president in the DCAU. He doesnt just want to kill Superman, he wants to destroy him in the eyes of the public and in his own mind.
>>
>>87777096
>Fucking patethic, at least MCUfags on /co/ dont act so uptigh over their movies being "ridiculously great"
But I am a Dceu lover and I think Winter Solider was also fucking fantastic also.
No one is fucking comparing the Dceu films to the fucking god father, but among Blockbusters they are fucking awesome.
>>
>>87784120
But why the hell does Lex Luthor even /care/ in the DCEU?
His retarded-ass motivation-
"god cannot be all-powerful nor all good"
If he thinks Superman is all-powerful, then the fact that he has failures that are capable of haunting him at all (like REGRETTING KILLING SOMEONE), is a direct indication that MAYBE HE'S ALL GOOD, TOO??
So something's obviously got to go out the window.
>>
>>87777268
>and lives in constant fear and distrust of the people he's elected to protect for abstract metatextual reasons.
No for reasons of realism of what would happen in the real god damn world.
>>
This thread has to be a joke.
Anyone who likes the cinematic DC verse is fucking delusional.
Shit taste faggots begone.
>>
>>87784194
Do you get off to things that are as realistic as possible? What are you doing watching a superhero movie?
>>
>>87777406
>Why do you bother?
BECAUSE YOU FUCKING SADIST WON'T LET US ENJOY THEM, YOU WON'T JUST STAY OUT OF THE GOD DAMN MOTHER FUCKING APPRECIATION THREADS WE MAKE TO ENJOY THEM WITH FELLOW FANS.
I don't come into threads about series/films/products that I am not a fan of and bitch and mock for no reason.
LEAVE US THE FUCK ALONE.
>>87777970
>They think they can change our minds.
No we know we can't change your mind, but we defend in spite of this so that many of the lies you make up and call out as mistakes in the film will not paint the opinions of others.
>>
>>87784194
Yeah no. That's not realistic.
Someone raised like Clark was wouldn't turn around and help people. He'd continue hiding, or at best go full Chronicle/Akira and become a villainous despot.
Clark's heroism and innate goodness are just out of fucking nowhere in the Snyderverse where humanity is defined almost exclusively by its flaws.
>>
>>87784231

If you enjoy them, you have shit taste, you fucking retard.
You can enjoy Pluto Nash, but don't try to tell us it's cinematic worth, you degenerate mongoloid.
>>
>>87784231
>being this much of a baby
>>
>>87784218
No, I want superpowers, sci fi, but I want it in a recognizable world with actual consequences.

The fantastic ceases to be special in a world that has no weight or gravity to people's actions.
>>
>>87784248
>Someone raised like Clark was wouldn't turn around and help people
He was raised to value human life so yes he might.

Just because he was warned of the bad side of humanity doesn't mean they didn't tell him of their inherent goodness or worth.

That is like saying any parent who teaches their kids not to talk to strangers must not want them to make friends.
>>
>>87782361
I thought taw as pretty clear but I'll try and explain it

Zod is humanity's first impression of aliens. So we get the cynical "realistic" take where they distrust Superman and question his every move.

Now while I think that does a disservice to the Sueprman mythos I would be willing to let that slide. Except then Clark, in BvS goes "I'm going to trust what people are saying abut Batman, even though half the world is saying the exact same thing about ME". and "My first interaction with this violent vigilante is going to be to threaten him into compliance. What could possibly go wrong?"
Even after having the object lesson of Zod issuing out ultimatums and threats of violence ending poorly. It mean Clark didn't learn at all from Zod's bad example.

But then Batman is also retarded in order for the movie to work so that's what we've got to work with.
>>
>>87784256
But pluto nash is actually flawed on a film making level, Mos is not and neether is the UC of Bvs.
>>
>>87784327
There is objectively nothing of value in the DC movie verse aside from the OST.
>>
>>87784318
>"I'm going to trust what people are saying abut Batman
Except he actually saw the evidence of the prisoners who were murdered and the people branded.
>>
>>87784309
>He was raised to value human life so yes he might.
No he wasn't. He was raised to see human life as expendable so long as something worse might happen on a larger scale because of his action. You assume he was raised to see human life as valuable because of what he goes on to do, but result is not causation. Especially not when my entire argument is that the result is incongruous and inorganic to the build up.

>Just because he was warned of the bad side of humanity doesn't mean they didn't tell him of their inherent goodness or worth.
If it's not on camera, it's only in your head. Show me where.

>That is like saying any parent who teaches their kids not to talk to strangers must not want them to make friends.

WHAT friends? Clark's first friend is Lois. She's his entire world and he doesn't even meet her until he's thirty.
>>
>>87784092
>And he looks concerned because he is in front of other people and has to keep up the charade.

He couldn't even have a slight smile for a second? His amazing plan comes together and Batman takes the bait and he looks like someone stole his phone

>>87784092
>Why would they have to mention it,

Because you keep going on about how there is a field of ripe kryptonite fresh for picking that Lex never mentions harvesting or stockpiling to make some army's worth of weapons. The only line is "We can weaponize it if we have a large enough sample" then Lex shows the Kryptonite block he found but we have zero knowledge of anymore more beyond "Hey guys, let's just assume that we found a chunk in the ocean, that means there's miles of this shit growing in the ground!..Assuming of course.The movie doesn't really tell us"
>>
>>87784355
And plenty of people saw Zod's corpse.
>But Superman had no choice!
And so Batman should get the same benefit of the doubt.
Nobody is firing on all cylinders in BvS and it shows.
>>
>>87784185
its not that HE thinks that or that Superman thinks that, its that PEOPLE think that. The people that praise him, the people that worship him, like the people on the house and at the day of the dead thing. Like always, he is trying to prove to the public that Superman is not as great as they think he is.
>>
>>87784354
Incredible Action Scenes, Captivating sympathetic & Flawed Superman, Best Lois Lane in the characters history outside of Tas, Best Zod in the characters history, Best Batman fight scene in live action films, Superb outfit design, superb world building and art design for Krypton, fantastic cast with 1 or 2 exceptions, a sense of grand scale and epicness, alot more weight and consequences to the characters actions compared to the Reeves films.
>>
>>87775654
>NOT edgy
>>
>>87784388
So his answer is to have him get beat up?
No ultimatums, no frame-ups-
Just have Batman get some green rocks so he can beat Superman up?
wat
>>
>>87784358
>He was raised to see human life as expendable so long as something worse might happen on a larger scale because of his action.
So YES he fucking does value human life as he understands thousands dying is more important then 1 life dying.
Being able to make risk assessments doesn't fucking make him uncaring.
>>87784358
>If it's not on camera, it's only in your head. Show me where.
Where he tells him not to expose himself because it will cause social upheavals that could cause more death then just the people directly in front of him that he is saving.
>WHAT friends?
It was a fucking metaphor that you can give people warning and encourage them to work around it at the same time.
>>
>>87784395

>Captivating sympathetic & Flawed Supermam
No.

>Best Lois Lane in the characters history outside of Tas
No.

>superb world building and art design for Krypton, fantastic cast with 1 or 2 exceptions, a sense of grand scale and epicness, alot more weight and consequences to the characters actions compared to the Reeves film
No.

This, this is almost embarrassing. TAS has the best everything, period.
Zod's entire shtick is utter nonsense. Why would he possibly want Krypton's gravity back and lose his powers? Nothing in the fucking movie fundamentally makes any sense.

Why doesn't he use his fucking superspeed to save his dad? He's easily making near lightning speed, he could easily grab him with no one being wiser.
>>
>>87784372
>And so Batman should get the same benefit of the doubt.
No, there is no reason on this earth he would need to brand people to save lives.
>>
>>87784358

>WHAT friends? Clark's first friend is Lois. She's his entire world and he doesn't even meet her until he's thirty.

Well if we gave Superman friends Snyder would have to pretend Clark Kent is a actually a fundamental aspect of Superman's mythos and character, not a pair of glasses he puts on to be yelled at by Morpheus.

Where the fuck were Doug Stamper and Rule 63 Jimmy in BvS? Why was the movie obsessed with showing Batman doing fucking Crossfit, but couldn't even begin to pretend that Superman deserves maybe a few humanising scenes at work or around the house other then fucking his girlfriend and making her rubber eggs afterwords? Where was the promised dimensionality we had heard about for fucking years?

I hate how small the world felt in BvS. People can whine that complaining about establishing shots is a meme, but the world felt so insular and tiny, Everything felt like it took place in a ten block radius in rooms the size of an IHOP.
>>
>>87784461
>>Captivating sympathetic & Flawed Superman
>No.
In your opinion, you can't factually prove its not true.
>>Best Lois Lane in the characters history outside of Tas
>No.
Ok speaking just of adaptions live action or otherwise, she is more competent a reporter then any other, she is more subtle and restrained then any other, she is less of a bitch then any other, she is less whiney and spasticly emotional and annoying as fuck then any other, she is not practically drooling over Superman in every scene like Kidder was.
>>
>>87784470
>but couldn't even begin to pretend that Superman deserves maybe a few humanising scenes at work
BECAUSE HE IS SUPPOSE TO BE ALIENATED AT THIS POINT IN HIS LIFE and he is such a good person that he sacrifices himself anyway.
>>
>>87784514
He isn't sympathetic, he is, again, objectively speaking, a complete twat.
He is a jaded, obtuse character who has completely OOC nostalgia for a planet he's never been to. The movie passes up multiple scenes to try to humanize him on any level, and BvS only does so in the last 30 minutes.

As for the Lois thing, okay, I can agree with that.
>>
>>87784534
>BECAUSE HE IS SUPPOSE TO BE ALIENATED AT THIS POINT IN HIS LIFE and he is such a good person that he sacrifices himself anyway.
Well, Superman is supposed to be alienated, anyhow.
>>
File: 1234879460051.gif (131KB, 149x149px) Image search: [Google]
1234879460051.gif
131KB, 149x149px
>>87784470
>I hate how small the world felt in BvS.

>Superman dies
>The only people who attend his real funeral are his mom, Lois lane, some crazy vigilante he met twice and almost killed him, and some random bitch he just met 10 minutes ago.

>World probably felt relieved that he's dead as most had their first encounter of him smashing into a ihop, having a building collapse on them, watching congress blow up and Superman just hightailing it out of there right afterwords, and fighting some giant grey ape monster that destroyed even more shit.
>>
>>87784452
If your argument is that Superman shows he cares via his inaction then it still begs the question of where that caring comes from.
Which, as I've already said, springs up out of nothing.

It also kind of implies that being Superman is his selfish wish fulfillment and actually a bad thing.
>>
>>87784514
>In your opinion, you can't factually prove its not true.
Can you prove it is?
>>
>>87784534
If something is supposed to be shitty that doesnt turn that shit into chocolate
>>
>>87784623
ANON BTFO
>>
>>87784534

>BECAUSE HE IS SUPPOSE TO BE ALIENATED AT THIS POINT IN HIS LIFE

I understand the intent, that doesn't mean it works well from a dramatic standpoint. Cavill has no one to play off against except Adams, who gives the worst performance of her career doing her best impression of a living Ambien tablet.

Characters need things to do and interact with in stories. People likes the Batman/Wondy banter because it a slight moment of humanisation that you could maybe finally fucking connect to and maybe give a shit about him.

Fuck, even the real human bean in Drive had a friend in Bryan Cranston and a little kid to pal around with, and that guy was genuinely autistic.

>>87784575

>World probably felt relieved that he's dead as most had their first encounter of him smashing into a ihop, having a building collapse on them, watching congress blow up and Superman just hightailing it out of there right afterwords, and fighting some giant grey ape monster that destroyed even more shit.

But anon, if you seek his monument, you just have to look around you at the flaming piles of rubble he turned half the city into
>>
>>87784550
To be fair his nostalgia for Krypton makes sense in this version because his life on earth sucks so hard that it stands to reason he'd think the grass might be greener if he got to live on his birth world (or even if he just got blown up with it).

Problem is, that for THAT to work, it kind of makes it hard to believe he'd want to save the earth that's been nothing but crap to him, and they do absolutely nothing to mitigate it.
>>
>>87784688
Nigga, what?
He knows literally jack fucking shit about Krypton. It's not "his" world. His world is this fucked up beautiful blue marble called Earth.
His beloved waifu is from Earth, his loving parents were from Earth, he's got the soul of a red blooded american patriot with compassion for this whole dumbass world.

Stop warping Superman into a fucking holier than thou, detached mongoloid like Snyder does because he's a bitter, cynical jackass.
>>
>>87784722
>His world is this fucked up beautiful blue marble called Earth.
Where in Man of Steel we see he's been bullied his whole life and forced to hide who he is and never make friends. For thirty years. If you grow up like that then yeah, maybe "if I lived with my birth parents on my homeworld things might be better" would be something you'd latch onto. It's stupid but it makes sense.

At this point, Lois isn't his waifu either. His compassion for the world is out of nowhere in this version. It just exists to make him come off as a saint.
>>
>>87774061
Since the fact that other versions that are equally legitimate exist. Honestly if we're gonna play that game then Reeve is a terrible Superman because he's not like Golden Age Superman. See how retarded that is?
>>
>>87774230
Problem is that every person saying "not muh" has their own different version so changing it to one person's specifications will end up getting two people mad.
>>
>>87784783
Snyder has made life shit on Superman to a bizarre and unreasonable degree.
So, maybe you've got a point.
>>
>>87784838
See that's the beautiful part though. Sometimes life really does cause circumstances like that.

Honestly if you think Superman's life in Man of Steel is bad you need to go see a third world country. Nowhere near as happy.
>>
>>87784783
>Implying you would be miserable having Superman's powers, being able to shed your current identity, and be a awesome superhero doing just normal shit for you for the love and admiration of the Metropolis, even the world.

I find that's one of Superman's character building moments. He has to hold back as a kid to his adult life because of his powers but once he becomes Superman, he gets to let loose and fall back on cheering crowds of citizens so being made fun of at work isn't a huge deal to him.
>>
>>87784862
>Honestly if you think Superman's life in Man of Steel is bad you need to go see a third world country. Nowhere near as happy.

What the fuck does that got to do with /anything/
>>
>>87784863
>, and be a awesome superhero doing just normal shit for you for the love and admiration of the Metropolis, even the world.
That's not realistic, remember? That's silly.
>>
>>87784550
>a complete twat.
Because he wants to keep his powers hidden because they could cause more harm to society then good? That is a noble sacrifice not something... twaty or selfish.
>jaded
That is something to be sympathetic towards.
A person having bad experiences and still being a good person who cares for others is something to admire.
>who has completely OOC nostalgia for a planet he's never been to.
I never once got any notion of him caring about Krypton beyond the obvious questions of his origins and what his purpose is.

>As for the Lois thing, okay, I can agree with that.
Damn, I genuinely appreciate that.
>>
File: 4129.jpg (46KB, 640x935px) Image search: [Google]
4129.jpg
46KB, 640x935px
>>87784895
How pretentious do you have to be to type something like this while talking about MoS.

What the fuck, man.
>>
>>87784598
>It also kind of implies that being Superman is his selfish wish fulfillment and actually a bad thing.
How does it imply that???

He wasn't ready to be a savior yet so he kept himself hidden so his powers would not cause society stress and once he was ready, when he knew his origins and purpose he became Superman.
>>
>>87784637
But is not a shitty plot element that he be alienated in a dark paranoid world, the entire XMen line is based around it.
>>
Why do you guys assume that Lex thought Batman would kill Superman?

Lex had no faith in Batman, he just wanted Superman to kill Batman. He wanted that because he wanted to prove that Superman would forsake his morals to suit himself.
>>
>>87784895

>>87784838
>Snyder has made life shit on Superman to a bizarre and unreasonable degree.

>bizarre and unreasonable degree
I just showed how it's not "bizarre" and "unreasonable" because it could be worse in real life. How is his life even that bad?
>>
>>87783998
>>87784029
>>87784120
are we just going to ignore that he called Doomsday "Abomination"

lmao
>>
>>87784688
He isn't nostalgic for Krypton he just wants to know his purpose.
And his life on earth doesn't suck, its just lonely.
>>
>>87784968

I'm not the guy you responded to but I'll rebut anyway-
>Because he wants to keep his powers hidden because they could cause more harm to society then good?
Didn't say that.

>A person having bad experiences and still being a good person who cares for others is something to admire.
That is not what jaded means.

>I never once got any notion of him caring about Krypton beyond the obvious questions of his origins and what his purpose is.
"this symbol means something, on krypton"
"on my world this means hope"
"he's from another world . . . MY world"
>>
>>87778929
>The only reason humanity over-reacted and created Suicide Squad, was because Zod was the first example of a Cryptonian humanity had ever seen and he is a violent psycho.

No? Amanda Waller had been trying to make Task Force X for years, but this time she had an excuse to use (the emergence of metahumans).
>>
>>87777442
To be fair Deadshot isn't really Deadshot he's just Will Smith but morally grey. It's hard to have more charisma than Will Smith. Speaking of that is the extended edition of SS out?
>>
File: 1471294145282.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1471294145282.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>87784968
>That is something to be sympathetic towards.
>A person having bad experiences and still being a good person who cares for others is something to admire.
Here's the problem. Even if I agree that's something to be sympathetic towards (and I'm not sure I do given how many of his problems are self inflicted) it's entirely possible for that sympathy to express itself as this earth not deserving saving and/or an inability to understand why he'd want to be Superman for their benefit given how shit they are and how little good we see in this presentation of humanity.

I mean hell, Snyder even says Clark can't use his super senses because all he hears are the bad things. Even the supposed edgy as fuck Superbro didn't go that route.
>>
>>87785027
There were five anons replying earlier, only one of those was me, nigga

It still has nothing to do with anything.
He's a middle class american farmboy, his life is unreasonably difficult and the situation is forced.
>>
>>87785027

It's like you don't want people to agree with you, friend.
>>
>>87779706
He was basically an organic robot though. He was programmed to do things based on his DNA. That's precisely why Jor-El wanted a natural birth for his son: to prevent him from becoming a robot like the rest of them.
>>
>>87778929
>The only reason humanity over-reacted and created Suicide Squad, was because Zod was the first example of a Cryptonian humanity had ever seen and he is a violent psycho.

In what universe could the DCEU Suicide Squad ever hope to stand any sort of chance to /Superman/? Diablo might be able to give him some trouble, but it ends there.
>>
>>87785087
Are you a contrarian for no other reason than to be one?
Stop making up excuses to enjoy a shitty movie.
Enjoy the movie all you want, recognize that it is shit and stop forcing a stupid narrative on it that doesn't exist.
>>
I am living proof you guys are wrong about Clark's altruism not making sense.

I had a awful dad, verbally abusive worse then anything Pa is shown to have done.

I was bullied day in and day out for 18 years at schools.

My dad is a fire fighter and my mom is a teacher but they never have given me any super imperative notions that human life is sacred and good, I just inherently know it is good and has value despite being surrounded by shitty people much of the time.

If I had the skill or power to save lives I would do so in a heart beat.

You are wrong.
>>
>>87784470

They were in the movie. Pete was in Clark's funeral. Even the priest was there.

Holy fuck, did you even see the movie?
>>
>>87785119

None of us are agreeing on anything, who are you replying to
>>
>>87784862
>Honestly if you think Superman's life in Man of Steel is bad you need to go see a third world country. Nowhere near as happy.
Dude even starving Africans have friends. I mean yeah they end up being child soldiers together or something but you still get to have a social life.
>>
>>87785041
>That is not what jaded means.
Jaded means you experience and expect bad stuff.
And that doesn't make you a bad or unsympathetic person especially when you still do good in spite of it.
>>
>>87785119
You're here.
We're right.
>>
>>87785041
>"this symbol means something, on krypton"
>"on my world this means hope"
Yes because he then knew his purpose that Jor sent him for was to spread hope and aid on earth.
>"he's from another world . . . MY world"
That is a factual observation. Your reading way too much into this man, at most that was empathized to suggest Clark is blaming himself for DD.
>>
>>87785154
>You're reading way too much into this man
Says the guy who's done that about everything thus far. It's meant the way he said it was, it's clear cut, forcing his "alien" perspective he has absolutely no reason to have.

Jesus christ, anon
>>
>>87785113
Are you a contrarian for no other reason than to be one?
Stop making up excuses to hate a great movie. Hate the movie all you want, recognize that it is great and stop forcing a stupid narrative on it that doesn't exist.
>>
>>87785175
You're either a troll, one can only hope, or an insufferable retard with shit taste.

If you're the first, good, there's hope for humanity.
If you legitimately like a movie as fundamentally flawed and shitty as MoS this much, God help us all.
>>
>>87785154
>Your reading way too much into this man,
It's hilarious to hear that in a DCEU thread when there's fuckers with 12 pages of infograph explaining how deep and smart the movies are.
>>
>>87785154
>he then knew his purpose that Jor sent him for was to spread hope and aid on earth.

That seems really, really lame. Superman can't even want to help people on his own without it being because his dead space dad wanted him to?
>>
>>87785168
HE WAS MATTER OF FACTUALLY IDENTIFYING WHERE THE FUCK DOOMSDAY CAME FROM, BECAUSE DIANA SEEMED PERPLEXED AT ITS EXISTENCE.
>>
SORRY FOR THE CAPS, BUT I FEAR MOST WON'T SEE THIS POST.

SUPERMAN IN MOS HAD FRIENDS, THE PROBLEM IS THAT THEY COULDN'T DEVOTE A LOT OF SCENES FROM THE TIME HE WAS A KID.

WE SEE LANA DEFENDING FROM PETE, WHO WAS BULLYING HIM
WE SEE PETE LATER HELPING HIM GET UP AFTER BEING BEATEN BY BULLIES AND BEING NICE TO HIM.
WE SEE HIM TALKING TO A SMALLVILLE'S PRIEST.

AND IN BVS WE SEE BOTH PETE, LANA AND THE PRIEST IN SUPERMAN'S FUNERAL IN SMALLVILLE.

SO SUPERMAN HAD FRIENDS. THERE WAS EVEN A REFERENCE TO CHLOE SULLIVAN. THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE MOVIE COULDN'T DEVOTE MUCH TIME TO THEM.
>>
>>87785204
>BEING THIS MUCH OF A FUCKING BABY SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP
>>
>>87785204
Except it was created by Lex, you fucking autist.

>>87785198
Right?
>>
>>87783876
>Well yeah, they aren't like the comics which /co/ likes
/co/ doesn't read comics.

>Because in the MCU the characters actually do feel the same
The minority of people who read Thor or Iron Man or Ant-Man or Guardians of the Galaxy will tell you that this isn't the case. The MCU gets a pass because these are first time adaptations. "Muh Superman" is Donner Superman for a lot of people but amongst casuals "muh Iron Man" is always RDJ. The MCU incarnations ARE the characters to these people.

>/co/ leans heavily towards DC
The small minority of comic readers do.

>Which explains why BvS was a financial success despite its absolute critical failure

I'm not sure if the public even hates these movies like /co/ and the critics do, how much is a loud majority, and how much of the heat comes from people who say they hate these films to fit in, like with /a/ and Naruto, only to go and contribute to their box office success in private. Suicide Squad was financially successful as well and the IMDB scores for MoS doesn't at all reflect the general opinion on /co/.
>>
>>87785232

Using Zod's body with a kryptonian spaceship.
>>
>>87785198
>It's hilarious to hear that in a DCEU thread when there's fuckers with 12 pages of infograph explaining how deep and smart the movies are.
I am not one of them, I don't give a god damn about symbolism and shit, I like the films because they were fucking awesome well made films and because Mos gave me 90% everything I ever wanted in a Superman reboot.

>>87785203
>Superman can't even want to help people on his own without it being because his dead space dad wanted him to?
No he wanted to help people plenty before hand, but was preoccupied by fear of causing more harm then good, the world rejecting him regardless of how much good he does and also just general questions of the nature of his existence and why he was sent there.
>>
>>87785204
Doomsday came from a pool of space goop after a dead alien and some sperg blood got blasted with space shit.
>>
>>87785256
There was no reason for the distinction except to force the "HE'S AN ALIUM" perceptive.
:^)
>>
>>87785280

Then what the whole "Lois, your pussy is MY world. I want to get up in there and never get out" thing?
>>
>>87785299
Is that English?
>>
>>87785299
Like we said already, that was in the last 30 minutes only.

The rest of the film and MoS he speaks of krypton like it's his home.
>>
>>87785324

I'm high and drunk at the same time, dude. Cut me a break.
>>
>>87785345
Wouldn't you rather do something /fun/ while crossfaded?
>>
>>87773830

Batman - don't really have a problem with Alky excessive drinking Bruce. But was too easy to play/otherwise too stupid to end up being the World's Greatest Detective in his solo or JL. Not a Batfan so no real issue with him being trigger happy so long as no sudden switch to 'hate guns BECAUSE MARTHA. Too old/bulky for some of the moves stuntmen perform for him, but can let that pass.

Clark Kent, other than kid in MoS, has been a mistake, especially Idiot Journalist CK who can't in spite of super speed, etc., complete simple assignments. His Superman isn't a problem because he's 'not muh' but because absent POV and contradicts what POV/motivations he's ever given (Lois/Jor-El voice-overs) , and he's a depressing, unemotional/constipated, miserable hero.

Having Alfred play an actual role, versus "Master Bruce, let me clean your gaunlets and there's warm milk and cookies next to your computer terminal" is an 'amazing' characterization but it's the only one in all three films.

Batman does further support and do think they should give him an adult, prior Robin (e.g. Dick/Nightwing, presuming Jason was the dead R, except they made a mistake in that regard because whathisname hired for Joker is way too young, unless he ends up playing Son of Joker or some BS).

Lois is under-used in BvS, Perry is an idiot and bad journalist in MoS and BvS and underused in both, although you wouldn't expect him to be used much at all in BvS. Killing Jimmy was a huge mistake. Killing Clark Kent was an incredible mistake, although I am willing to see it play out if they decide to completely ignore or do away with secret identities for all (Hal, Arthur, etc.) including Missy Paranoid Wayne.

Amazonian's not having super science (e.g. she couldn't crack a simple American encryption when Russian and Chinese teenagers do it everyday) was a mistake.

Using Doomsday this soon was a mistake (although he's not really a DCEU 'character,' so I'll give you that one).
>>
>>87785337
>The rest of the film and MoS he speaks of krypton like it's his home.
Because he feels alienated from Earth and living on it.
His line to Lois was about him accepting this is his world.
>>
>>87785356

That's my secret, Cap. I'm always getting wasted.
>>
>>87785360
He's SUPERMAN, not Martian Manhunter.
>>
>>87785358
>CK who can't in spite of super speed, etc., complete simple assignments

I really thought he was going to speed type the article and Perry was going to turn around about to yell at Clark but find the article printed on his desk.
>>
>>87785360
Yes, which is FUCKING RETARDED.

You yourself pointed out he has friends, his parents were good to him. His alienation is forced and idiotic.
>>
>>87783876
>/co/ leans heavily towards DC
For comics yeah, but for the movies there are a ton of shills, casuals, etc. who keep posting against them.

>Which explains why BvS was a financial success despite its absolute critical failure
Critics + the people who blindly follow critics or company wars are the ones who hate the DCEU. That's why it's doing well but not as well as it could be.
>>
>>87785407
Your shit taste is truly legendary.
>>
>>87781987
>If we assume that Batman kills Superman, and then Lex creates Doomsday

If Batman killed Superman couldn't Lex just abort the process?
>>
>>87785220
>SO SUPERMAN HAD FRIENDS. THERE WAS EVEN A REFERENCE TO CHLOE SULLIVAN. THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE MOVIE COULDN'T DEVOTE MUCH TIME TO THEM.
If Snyder decided that Jesus symbols are more important than humanising Clark Kent, then we interpreted the character correctly. The fact that they were neglected means it isn't important to the director.
>>
>>87784434
not beat him up, kill him, or to be killed by him, to prove to the public that Superman is not all good or all powerful.
>>
>>87785452
sure
>>
>>87785358
>Clark Kent, other than kid in MoS, has been a mistake, especially Idiot Journalist CK who can't in spite of super speed, etc., complete simple assignments
I like to imagine this is because Snyder refuse to allow superpowers be of any benefit to anyone, least of all Clark himself. So Clark isn't able to use his powers to make his own life less shit.
>>
>>87785358

Lex wasn't really a brilliant scientist. Rather than develop a giant robot, he lucked into a Doomsday monster. His plan was way too confabulated and confusing so he any kind of master criminal and some of the characterizations was just cringe worthy (the piss tea, killing Mercy, 'red capes are coming' and in particular the feeding the jolly roger - if anything, that would have made some random senator -- who never would have had the authority to provide anything actually provided, a military general would have been better in that role - run as far as way as possible from Lex. I just wouldn't have called this character Lex Luthor (or Lex Jr.).

I really don't care about Suicide Squad and it looks like other than Joker and Harley (in her own spin-off) the studio isn't even going to use any of them again even in a second SS movie, so discussing characterization is not worth my time. Waller was OK, and I like the actress. I do agree that there is something in the character been in the books as an overweight woman. Batman should have been more ahead of the game and on the ball. Again, showing him as the great detective and a brilliant tactical strategist in JL or his solo is going to be a 180.

>>87785254
>I'm not sure if the public even hates these movies like /co/

Not anyone who's been in this thread so far - the movies were unpopular. They were hated by hardcore DC fans and hardcore Superman fans on this site AND elsewhere. They were also not well-liked by mainstream long-time Superman fans and very few normies who go to these movies liked them - that's easy to see by poor word of mouth, poor Cinemascore grades, poor sales of the BluRay and DVD, and the poor theatrical run when compared to similar genre movies. Hated is the wrong word. People are looking forward to GotG Vol. 2, which I think is a dull-ass trailer and was a dull film. But it was LIKED. BvS wasn't HATED, but it wasn't LIKED.
>>
>>87785484

The Jesus symbolism was pretty tame. It was way worse in the previous movies.

Either way we had enough scenes to show that Clark didn't grew up alone like a lot of people here are trying to make it seem.
>>
>>87785518
>poor sales of the BluRay and DVD

Are you aware of just how well that movie did on DVD?

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/man-steel-beats-iron-man-3-dvd-blu-102900205.html

That's another one that makes me wonder.
>>
>>87785484
The fact that Jimmy Olsen was a throwaway character able to get shot in the head and unaccredited is proof enough of that already.
>>
>>87785518

>(the piss tea, killing Mercy, 'red capes are coming' and in particular the feeding the jolly roger - if anything, that would have made some random senator -- who never would have had the authority to provide anything actually provided, a military general would have been better in that role - run as far as way as possible from Lex. I just wouldn't have called this character Lex Luthor (or Lex Jr.).

Those scenes were great, m8. Specially the piss tea scene. Pure keikaku.
>>
>>87783876
>financial success

I explain the HATE BvS here (last paragraph): >>87785518 but as someone who works in Los Angeles on the edges of the entertainment industry (meaning I do make films or work on stuff that makes films, e.g. camera, stunts, catering, costumes, acting, etc.) or for any of the studios, but as someone who gets to see the contracts and emails between studio executives, talent, agents, business managers, etc., I can tell you that the industry as a whole thinks WB slate of films (not just including BvS and SS) are not very successful, period, in comparison to what Alan Horn (the previous WB Studio Head that was pushed out at Warners) is doing at Disney (and again, this includes Marvel Studios, but also Pixar and so much more). And the general consensus is that the public at large didn't LIKE (e.g. enjoy, want to repeatedly view, etc. SS and BvS).

Yes, they do consider it a financial success. But that's not their only criteria. Just as Spielberg was happy making billions on popular movies until he won an Oscar, WB Studios isn't happy making LESS than they EXPECTED to make even if it's a 'financial success' when the movie isn't viewed as a HIT by their peers and isn't LIKED by the public. If neither movie is even considered for technical awards such as sound or cinematography, which is looks like will be the case, they will be even less happy.
>>
>>87785484
But there was more screentime dedicated to Clark's friendships than the Jesus symbolism so you're wrong. Go ahead and add them up.
>>
>>87785546
>Are you aware of just how well that movie did on DVD?

Yes. I work in the business end of the entertainment industry, plus I live in Los Angeles [our daily paper here regularly covers the entertainment industry in great depth as a paper in any other area would cover a large regional employer(s)/business] and we also have two trade publications, not to mention websites.

Your own site shows overall bluray sales here:
http://www.the-numbers.com/alltime-bluray-sales-chart

MoS is well below Avengers and below GotG #1. And I was talking BvS. SS has just released. BvS in the 2016 chart doesn't even beat Hotel Frankenstein, a shitty animated sequel: http://www.the-numbers.com/home-market/dvd-sales/2016 BUT more importantly as far as how the studios see these things, it doesn't beat Deadpool. Not even close.

Box office wise, MoS and BvS don't even hit the top ten for their genre:
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=superhero.htm

The fact that Deadpool and Captain America - Civil War DID does not make the suits at WB happy, no matter how pleased they are with the actual money taken in by SS and BvS world wide. That BvS is now bumped down to 7 domestically, even if it made 300 million plus doesn't make them happy especially when two Disney Studio films made $400M http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=2016&p=.htm

All-Time world wide, BvS is barely in the top 50, and it's going to get pushed out by the time Fantastic Beast and Rogue One get done.

It's probable that Doctor Strange won't make enough to push Suicide Squad out of the top 10 this year, which should make WB somewhat happy, but if it does....
>>
>>87773830

All "muh" aside, Cavill's superman is just beyond bland. What is there to even like about this guy? Imagine you live on this planet, and this guy exists, why would you even want to care about anything he does? He's like the Rand Paul of superheroes.
>>
>>87773830
>liking stupid characters
yeah, nah
>>
>>87785603

So which Hollywood people you know, bro? Because all i see is appeal to authority.
>>
>>87785836
>So which Hollywood people you know, bro? Because all i see is appeal to authority.
You use the term wrong. What he is saying is that the authorities don't like the films they paid for. You are free to think he is lying, but that's all he said.
>>
>>87785754
This.
>>
>>87776207
Ultimately this is my issue with all the DCEU movies so far. I just found them boring.
>>
>>87775839
I think I agree with you... but Jesus Christ, learn to type.
>>
>>87785836
You have no idea on what appeal to authority means.
>>
>>87785836

I speak to, and again, read their e-mails (for reasons I won't get into) for a variety of the larger studios. The one I wouldn't have much insight on, other than via the local business sections and trade newspapers, would be Universal.

Really, anyone with patience and a good computer search fu can get a good sense of Sony's thinking via the computer hacking that went on there. I've see documents and emails prior to that (although admittedly none since) and the gist before is very similar even before the Raimi films were first made, much less conceived.

But Anon here is correct >>87785921, I'm not pretending to be some failed author claiming I got drunk with some mid-level marketing executives who bitched at their boss while drinking white wine. I've met any number of people in person, I don't hang out with them, or go to their homes, kid's bar mitzvah's, engagement parties, etc., much less have one on one lunch or dinner conversations with studio heads.

If you don't think big business is like this, you haven't been exposed to large corporate entities on any level. You can bet that people in Silicon Valley talk about Apple products when their sales aren't not as expected, or their profit margins falls, or Facebook gets bad publicity over X, Y, or Z, or Uber loses a lawsuit. Or that people in Detroit in the 80s didn't grin when Chrysler was going to go bankrupt. Any large anything can be a lot like a large small town high school, very insular in their groups, very cliquish about outsiders, very concerned about status and perception, thrilled when they both succeed AND they are viewed as winners by everyone else, even if it's the kids they bully or ignore during lunch hour in the cafeteria.

I've no experience in DC or local/state politics, but I bet Congress and your local city council/mayor's office are all just like that, too.
>>
>>87785567

The piss tea was a type of scene that I can see why some people would like or someone would direct that way, particularly given how it ended up and Hunt's expressions and pause when she saw it and looks over and see his empty chair in the stands. So over all, with those other elements, it can work. It's not a Luthor characterization - it does not make him appear like a criminal mastermind, a great scientific genius or brilliant thinker, or a significant strategists - the only reason ANY of the things he engineers make Superman look bad is not because they are good ideas or because he execute them well, it's because Bruce Wayne is a stupid easily manipulated idiot in this movie and Superman doesn't talk to anyone, ever, nor feel any reason to clarify, correct. He does not have the instincts of a journalist, so why should he? And if Bruce had a clue or Clark spoke to someone, well a convoluted, overly complicated plot would be shot with even more holes, wouldn't it, no matter how nifty a jar of piss tea appears to you, 'mate.'

The red capes scenes? Great? It got groans, universally, when it appeared during the group showings of that trailer. Do a search for trailer 2.

A late 20s, early 30s supposed industry leader who inherited that position and his money, wanting a number of things from a government official feeds him candy is a great scene?

You're going to stick with these as great, huh? They are the sword you want to fall on?
>>
Another thread with snyderfags being destroyed
>>
>>87785518
To tack onto this idea of unpopularity, I find it amazing that Superman died in a movie and the public couldn't care less
>>
>>87792652
Doesn't help that you couldn't even get sad about his death in the movie because they threw a "WAIT WAIT WAIT HE'S ALIVE, DON'T GET WORRIED!" at the very end with the dirt rising off his coffin after 10 minutes of "BOO HOO, EVERYONE IS SAD SUPERMAN DIED!"

I know that he would come back and that general audiences know that already but can we just let his death have some impact in this movie universe?
>>
>>87773830
I fucking love the DCEU and wish it got more love
Thread posts: 386
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.