[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FREAKIN’ BARN?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 292
Thread images: 46

File: tumblr_ogtc8jbuwS1vacef3o1_1280.jpg (156KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogtc8jbuwS1vacef3o1_1280.jpg
156KB, 600x450px
WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FREAKIN’ BARN?
>>
So Carls in the new SU ep?
what a coincidence..
>>
Yeah...we kinda used all the stuff in the barn to build a Space Ship...which Pearl Blew Up

Then some Mechabots...which Pearl and Peridot both blew up

Then a giant drill...which I haven't watched but I assumed blew up.
>>
>>87763353
YOUR FRIGGIN IDIOTS TRASHED MY FRICKIN BARN!!!! One of youse sexy illegal aliens is gonna have to get downs on dose knees their.
>>
File: Fuck everything.jpg (32KB, 545x545px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck everything.jpg
32KB, 545x545px
>after years of fearmongering about Trump and the right-wingers, a Steven Universe episode spends 20 minutes humanizing conservatives
>tumblr and /co/ lose their shit and start screaming "bigot" and "racist" at a fictional character because he thinks in a different direction from them
>>
>>87764272
He didn't magically turn into a huggy wuggy by the end of the episode though.

This isn't Care Bear Stare.
>>
>>87764272
He did just need love. Even then he wasnt a pussy either.
>>
>>87763379
I think the drill is... mostly intact.
>>
Mayor Dewey was the only tolerable character, he just seems like the average right wing conservative type. The rest just seem like a bunch of faggy liberals.
>>
File: 2016_GOP_Debate-07d83-1413.jpg (268KB, 1484x991px) Image search: [Google]
2016_GOP_Debate-07d83-1413.jpg
268KB, 1484x991px
A cartoon written by an insufferable liberal, marketed to insufferable liberals and drawn by tortured minorities in a sweatshop for zero pay has an insufferable liberal bias

What a fucking shock
>>
>>87764272
Not fucking likely, I'm not going back.
>>
>>87765923

The media is inherently liberal, so I have no qualms about liberal concepts in pretty much anything, be it in print or on the screen.

What I dislike is agenda-driven storytelling, where the narrative oftentimes takes a backseat to whatever it is they're trying to push.

I dislike SU for the same reason I dislike a lot of Marvel Comics at the moment.
>>
>>87763736
Tumblr got butthurt over depicting Bismuth being in the wrong as well.

Turns out that real peace and tolerance is a bit antithetical to "fuck whitey."
>>
>>87763736
>humanizing conservatives
They did that after painting Andy as the bad guy for not wanting literal aliens to take and vandalize his property and potentially kill him.
>>
>>87766620
He wasn't though.
>>
>>87766201
these people are the ones that get pissy every time the moral of the episode isn't "Steven learns to murder those that disagree with him"
>>
>>87766720
I know, right? I'm honestly glad when it's not a "Steven's Knife" episode.
>>
>>87766620
>Painting him as a badguy

Literally how? He had every right to be upset and the show didn't really come off in the end to me as having Andy be some bad guy, just because the main cast is against someone doesn't make them a bad guy and anyone watching the show can see how the Gems and even Greg were treating Andy bad, just because Andy in the end had a realization of his own that he could have just flown to his family doesn't make him the damn badguy. Every person on the show realized and learned something. Different views aside.
>>
>>87763736
Or you know... It could just be the usual shitposting
Ya know like the shitposting you're doing now by saying he is like trump
>>
Master Shake eat it.
>>
File: 1474591047718.jpg (341KB, 1095x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1474591047718.jpg
341KB, 1095x1195px
>>87763353
>from the title alone we could've gotten a lore heavy event
>instead we get tumblr and /co/mblr crying
>>
>>87767248
Everyone is crying
It's SU
>>
Andy's "realization" sucked.

This episode is everything you'd expect from a leftist All In The Family type "I get my ideological way" episode. Andy ranted about them "socializing" his barn, talking about it as a witch's coven, calling them hippies, mentioning he spent all his time on the radio idolizing family values while flying around in the atmosphere being a sexless loner. Ranting about illegal immigrants, being a Pro American.

I like Andy, but as far as the narrative of the show goes, he's "wrong with a heart of gold." He just needs to be shown the light and given love and tolerance and he'll "come around" to their way of thinking. His realization and resolution characterized why he felt that way and how he came to those conclusions as just "being afraid of change" and "tradition and what he knows being threatened."

Okay, imagine a fat girl wrote a story about skinny girls. She put a skinny girl in the story. The skinny girl went on a rant about fat girls and ranted about why she hated them in this story. The fat author then has the skinny girl admit she was just jealous of the fat girl because fat girls are beautiful and noble and totally not smelly, and she's jealous because she's skinny.

That's effectively how Andy is written when it comes to his conflicts and character. But personality-wise, he's a cool guy. He just needs to be The Conservative Put In His Place for the show.

Given how Rebecca Sugar is openly an intersectional feminist, and intersectional feminism draws from Critical Theory (which itself is drawn from marxist literature about the bourgesoise and proletariat, how the majority inherently oppresses the minority, how the minority must be given things until they're at parity in numbers to the majority) the digs mentioned about Lapis and Peridot not respecting personal property and "socializing his barn" were not accidents or mistakes.
>>
>>87767327
Preeeettttyy sure you're just shitposting, or at least hope you instead of simply reading too much into that.
>>
>>87767350
Nope. As a recovering intersectional feminist I can confirm this is exactly how they think. That's why SU is cancer.
>>
/co/, I just wanted to let you know you are among /tv/ and /pol/ now in your status as a board.

Make of that what you will.
>>
>>87767386
So /co/ is no longer /co/mblr?
>>
>>87767395
Finally. We're purging /co/mblr.
>>
>>87767395
It never was. Granted, /co/, and a lot of boards were pretty left-leaning back in the day, but lately it's been full blown conspiracy, MAGA shit.
>>
>>87766201
I wonder what it's like to be so petty that you can't enjoy anything. I pity these people.
>>
>>87767350
Do you think it was an accident that Bismuth was how she is?
Do you not draw parallels between her and Leninism? Right down to the "Fuck those upper crusts"?
That whole episode was about leadership and dissenting opinions of how to go about their revolution. Bismuth was of the school of dismantling the bougie aristocracy and caste systems.
>>
Andy did literally nothing wrong
>>
>>87767727
Ikr. I loved the fact they made it canon Carl is Gregs brother. People used to make threads about it all the time. I actually hope he returns and tells Steven about the time he ate carpet.
>>
>>87767408
>/co/, and a lot of boards were pretty left-leaning back in the day
I've been here since 2004 and I don't remember that. 4chan has always felt indifferent or even a tiny bit conservative until recently. It's become very conservative lately in response to just how radically non conservative the other big forums are.
>>
>>87768609
I wouldn't even say /co/ is conservative.
You ask me, /co/ is "classic liberal." As I remember it, almost everybody that took those "what alignment are you politically" tests was more left wing and libertarian.

Marxist ideas are not liberal. They're left wing authoritarian. You tell a bunch of nerds that they aren't allowed to have private property and that society will tell them what is moral and ethical, you're going to get resistance. Marx gets lumped in with the left in North America because wealth and industry is content to treat the poor like shit and is actively racist.

Marxists only care about races and sexes and orientations because they're ammunition to use against "society" experiencing a revolution against capitalism and doing away with religion, cultures that are not communist and individuality.

/co/ is not marxist. /co/ is liberal. The two have been asymmetrically sandwiched for way too long.
>>
>>87768659
/co/ is definitely liberal by the strict definition of the word, as is most of 4chan. When you talk about liberal in the US though, the root of the term becomes 'do you believe in a liberal or conservative reading of the constitution.'

The US really need a 3rd party that is conservative reading of the constitution; liberal life values. They'd win almost every election.
>>
>>87767350
>SU fan disregards actual criticism of the show as shitposting for the umpteenth time
>>
One episode does not warrant the multiple threads it had in the last 24 hours.
>>
File: Master_Shake.png (50KB, 271x420px) Image search: [Google]
Master_Shake.png
50KB, 271x420px
>>87763353
I just got through mowing the lawn, if that's a crime.
>>
>Why did you ruin my old plane which has a lot of sentimental value to me?
>Dude no one was using it lmao

This was the part that triggered me the most, especially how later they somehow twisted it into something about him being against recycling or whatever.
>>
>>87769310
In general the attitude "OOPS LOL OH WELL TOO LATE NOW ^.^" is endemic of their attitudes about other peoples shit. When they want it, or want to break it to replace it, they do it and then they get either slaps on the wrist or they move to get it forgiven and forgotten as soon as possible.

because, you see, once it's broken or compromised, it's no longer as it was and can be replaced or changed. They don't mind taking that liberty with things they don't like, especially if those things stop them from getting what they want.
>>
>>87769356
That wasn't really my point.
If it was just a "lol we didn't consider it might belong to someone thing" that would be fine, but I felt like there was an emphasis on Amethyst saying it was OK because no one was using it. It's not like with the barn where they actually needed a place to live so it's understandable, this is a specific "property is theft LMAO" thing which triggers the fuck out of me.

Andy better use the big picture of Rose as toilet paper because LOL IT WAS JUST THERE
>>
>>87765923
>drawn by tortured minorities in a sweatshop for zero pay

does anybody actual hand draw animation anymore
>>
>I just realized Carl and Willie Nelson are cousins
>>
>>87766620
They never painted him as a bad guy
He cones off as sympathetic and confused about what happened
If they really wanted to strawman him he would hace been angrier and have outbursts at steven
>>
>>87763353
For real though I kinda feel bad for the guy.
>Comes back home after a long time after his family moved on their different ways.
>A place full of memories pretty much gets ransacked by stranger because his cousin pretty much forgot about him.
>Finds out cousin changed his family name, so probably he's the last Tamayo.
>Pretty much forced into accepting the strangers out of sheer awkwardness.
While not exactly a waste of my time watching the episode, kind of bummed me out how things turned out.
>>
You remember that one /sug/ thread where everyone were replacing Steven with Carl in Steven Universe episodes?

I remember one of them being "Hey Bismuth, these weapons are pretty friggin' sweet, why didncha use 'em 'gainst the Homeworld gems?" or something.

I had a good laugh, but now we technically have Carl in the show, it's friggin' awesome.
>>
>>87763736
"pweoaple are scawry"
>>
File: 1444537686665.jpg (40KB, 500x527px) Image search: [Google]
1444537686665.jpg
40KB, 500x527px
>>87769565
Was he a one-off character? I couldn't tell.
>>
>>87769581
If you're talking about Bismuth, I think that things's a she. Sounds like an older black woman or something. Either way, she's probably going to come back, maybe in an episode to hamfist that extremism is bad If the bad guys do it
>>
File: lapis.png (137KB, 361x442px) Image search: [Google]
lapis.png
137KB, 361x442px
>>87767350
I'm ok with a lot and even find SOME of their analogies clever. Like garnet's fusion was obviously a gay thing, but that was cool because in the context of it's own thing it was perfectly in line with the rest of the story and was its own thing. The messages have become ridiculously more blunt as time went on though and that anon is not at all far off as to why. The ridiculously out of place line about "ILLEGAL ALIENS!" made me cringe to the point of pausing the video. Why would that be anyone's first response to that? I was ready to call it a joke like him misinterpreting what aliens meant, but his next lines clearly showed he understood they were from outerspace.
>>
>>87769599
I'm talking about Uncle Carl, numbnuts.
>>
File: image.png (188KB, 440x390px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
188KB, 440x390px
Finally a Good episode

>AM radio
>illegal martians
>Non-American wife
>Hates change
When writers try to make the generic conservative without being offensive it's golden.
Same reason I love King of the Hill.
>>
>I AIN HANGIN WITH NO WOMEN ALIENS, THEY'RE INFERIOR, THAT'S WHY WE PAY THEM LESS
>>
So. What are some ways Andy will be shown wrong in the coming episodes?

"Girls can't work as hard as boys!"
"Gender is genetic and can't be changed!"
"The Pizzas are lazy and can't control their emotions! Aw, Garnet, you don't count. You're purple."
"Might makes right! I have property because I can defend my property!"
>>
>>87764272
Actually, he did not change at all
He just let them use the barn because they were family
he never questioned that part
>>
File: 1424885764602.jpg (86KB, 737x617px) Image search: [Google]
1424885764602.jpg
86KB, 737x617px
>mfw no shopping scene
IT WOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE DETHKLOK GOING TO FOOD LIBRARIES

WHY, SUGAR?
>>
>>87769539
I especially felt bad for him when he was at the table trying to tell stories, but the gems kept interrupting him and forgetting that he was there.
>>
>>87764272
I see, you are one of those "kill all white men" cucks
no wonder a message about being nice to people you disagree with would trigger you
>>
>>87764272
This is why you people lost the election
>>
File: 1479409554116.jpg (66KB, 538x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479409554116.jpg
66KB, 538x720px
>>87769470
Koreans do, they digitally draw everyframe after the storyboard is made in the U.S
>>
>>87767766
Cousin.
Steven just calls him uncle because it sounds better
>>
>>87767270
>>
>>87770204
>"I think boys need male role models"
>Steven, Greg, Yellow Diamond, and Hitler gasp in disgust
>>
File: 1479488183487.jpg (74KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1479488183487.jpg
74KB, 1280x960px
>>87770242
>>
File: 6646434575.png (14KB, 326x272px) Image search: [Google]
6646434575.png
14KB, 326x272px
>check tumblr to see that the fuss is about
holy shit, I remember why I don't go to that place anymore
>>
>>87771237
Kek dirty illegals can't afford TVS.
>>
>>87766146

First rule of conquest motherfucker
>>
>>87767365
You aren't recovering so much as lowering the dosage on yourself
>>
File: NEETSinSPACE.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NEETSinSPACE.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>trumpfags and tumblrites shitting up Steven Universe discussion with politics
It's a show for children.

I'll repeat that.

It is a show for children.
>>
>>87771237
Christ, you know you are easily triggered when Steven Universe triggers you.
>>
File: d24.jpg (116KB, 680x651px) Image search: [Google]
d24.jpg
116KB, 680x651px
>>87771237
BUILD WALL
>>
Just because I haven't been using doesn't mean like

here, turn it into a gem labratory
>>
>>87769618
>The ridiculously out of place line about "ILLEGAL ALIENS!" made me cringe to the point of pausing the video.

It was actually funny. For me cringe are two characters deep kissing and licking licking each other in front of a child. I bet if you watched All in the Family you wouldn't understand what people found funny about it either. It's that the majority of the world have that overly conservative family member or at least a friend like that. It makes characters relatable, it's like showing disgust over someone being a bigot which makes you in turn a bigot for your intolerance to their choice. It's something that everyone can relate to. Here we get a view at what Greg grew up with and possibly why he left to make his own life. His cousin stayed and valued the way things were so much that he didn't change and became alone. Honestly if that makes you cringe it's you with the problem.
>>
>>87764272
You are going to lose. Then we can truly push forward when parasites like you are a happily buried memory.
>>
File: 86a[1].jpg (134KB, 750x625px) Image search: [Google]
86a[1].jpg
134KB, 750x625px
The SHOW ITSELF WARNED US OF THINGS TO COME!
>>
>>87772350
I can relate to the situation. My family is liberal but my extended family up north is conservative. Regardless of how relatable it was to me, it felt out of place and political strawmanning. So many of the lines were really awkwardly delivered in a *wink wink, nudge nudge, slam over head, slam over head* way, and the message just felt out of place. Yes I have an uncle who talks like that, but why is this a Steven Universe 20 minute special.
>>
>>87771237
I'm at the point where I have to believe these posts are just shit posters in disguise.

Does the fact that they're sterotyping assholes elude them?
>>
>>87764272
More tears liberal.
>>
File: 1318961544532.gif (854KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1318961544532.gif
854KB, 300x300px
>Coming in think its going be people happy Carl is in SU
>Not just more /pol/
Its like you guys just can't have fun. I really hate how /pol/ got all these fuckers from Reddit to fuck up 4chan.
>>
>>87773795
Well, no, the show is just stating that it's for kids to watch and enjoy, since it's mostly about growing up in a way that's easier for kids to identify with, interspliced with the plot and action that comes now and then, which would be dull and exhausting without the build up to make us care about the characters from all the time spent on 'filler'

>>87775714
You gotta understand, these people do not want to be entertained, they want an agenda out of something that everyone knows about, so they can crow loudest and hardest

About a decently made fun kid's show
>>
>>87775249
because we're in the middle of a political meltdown and maybe it's a good idea to teach kids watching "Hey don't hate those people, try to reach out to them even if they hate you and don't agree with you, and in that little bit of understanding you can find out we're all stupid terrified piss-stained humans screaming as we hurtle towards an agonizing death and oblivion, so maybe we could reduce suffering before that just a tiny bit"
>>
>>87763353
>they had a wedding were all the dolls were paired by same sex
>people think the episode was about immigration
the best goys are the one that miss the obvious.
>>
>/co/ /pol/ and Tumblr all project their own political ideals on to a guy who was upset at literal aliens taking over something that previously belonged solely to his family.
I can't wait for the day all this shit blows over.
>>
>>87775866
>they had a wedding were all the dolls were paired by same sex
kek, I hadn't noticed that.
>>
>>87775866
Well considering how poor education has become, and how loud the internet has gotten, not shocked most people never learned critical thinking or don't want to spend the effort to develop it, so they just look at the shiny surface book cover of everything and smugly nod at how much they know
>>
>>87775982
It never will. People have reduced themselves, intentionally dehumanized themselves and everyone else, into nothing but monolithic political tribes flinging shit at each other while the world burns, and because it satisfies the little animal nub in their brains
>>
>>87775814
Really? Came off more as a "These people are wrong. It's ok though, you can teach them to be right because deep down they want to be right"
>>
>>87776076
It's not like people haven't always been like this, veh. But it's jarring to see it happen in the circles frequented by nerds, and over works of fiction.
>>
>>87776153
That's because you keep thinking everything is a Right or a Wrong instead of a bleeding shit-soaked mess of confusing and answerless chaos

The point was to say "Talk to people. Talk to your enemies. Communicate. Learn. Then you will humanize them, and they will humanize you."

He doesn't have to be right or wrong, what matters is that he at least listens and uses some common sense on a case by case basis instead of each side immediately slamming labels down and taking away his right to speak, and their right to share what they think, so both sides can reason out WHY THEY THINK THAT WAY and try to find common ground
>>
>>87766620
Coming from a liberal leaning dude, they actually portrayed him pretty sympathtically. I could understand his views of not liking how everything's changed and how he wants it back to the "good old days". Sure, he didn't have the best viewpoints at first, but unlike characters like Kevin or Marty he wasn't seen as a bad guy at all.
>>
>>87776155
People have this very calm and clean idea that society can only go back or forth, instead of in reality being more like a huge field in fast-forward where we watch tremendous amounts of decay and growth, all over in disproportionate rates, and sometimes it grows more, or decays more
>>
>>87776242
Everyone thinks SU is the tumblr liberal agenda when the hilarious part is that it shits on tumblr by silently shaming them for not treating their enemies as being the same sweaty shit-filled chemical sacks they are
>>
>>87776223
No, it's because the show actively went to portray him as the problem.
>>
>>87776333
And yet it took the steps to make him human, relatable, and someone to be talked to instead of tumblr'd by being accused of being idiot scum

If he's the problem then for once they had a solution that wasn't "Oh he's just a white male transphobic misogynist racist body-shamer Trump lover who I can never relate to and I wish was dead"
>>
>>87776309
>THIS
THIS
>THIS
THIS
>THIS
THIS
>THIS
THIS
>THIS
THIS
>THIS
THIS
>THIS
>>
>>87776376
Yeah, instead the solution was that he should be a liberal and through hard work and religious-esque conversion, can be brought to see the light! It sure was nice that rather than just having differing views, he was wrong but so easy to show him how wrong he was.
>>
File: 00113695.0014.gif (7KB, 150x115px) Image search: [Google]
00113695.0014.gif
7KB, 150x115px
Ignoring all else about this election, it taught me tumblr is just /pol/ with another coat of paint and flipped horizontally, who have co-opted real problems for their petty internet drama show, and don't actually care about anyone's rights unless it gets them clicks and ego handjobs. SU is one of the few ones trying to keep it fucking real by being a show about the nightmare complexity of relationships and growing up.

god i need a fucking drink and an edible
>>
>>87776481
Or maybe he just talked with them and they realized they didn't have to hate each other and could just ease up a bit and try to communicate, who cares what hot topic it's about

You need to stop seeing everything as an absolute right or wrong, a tribe or not our tribe, religious or heresy, because that's EXACTLY HOW YOU BECOME A TUMBLR AND /POL/ CARICATURE

This show is extending an olive branch and you're smacking it away like it was a great big gnarled dick slapping your cheeks
>>
>come back after 20 years ago
>illegal space migrants/"refugees" have taken over your barn and fucked with your family possessions
>after thousands of years on earth they haven't learned to adapt to human culture
>everyone expects you to change for them

when did SU become redpilled?
>>
>>87776667
Peridot and Lapis have been on modern earth for like a few months
>>
>>87767327
autism
>>
>>87776710
The rest have been on earth thousands of years though.
>>
>>87776848
they're not the ones living in the barn, and hell, they're just neurotic instead of Lapis' sine-waving psychosis and Peridot's growing child's understanding of life
>>
>>87776881
I can't help but feel that you picked the wrong part of my original statement to poke holes in, but okay
>>
>>87776940
Man I dunno what the fuck we're even talking about, we're dissecting this shit down to a level the show makers would call us losers for doing, let's just hope the dude can party as hard as Carl when push comes to shove
>>
The point seemed to be that Greg geniunely fucked up. He didn't say he was right or tell Carl to go fuck himself, he just tried to explain the circumstances and seemed embarrassed when he realized how out of touch he'd fallen.

Carl, while a jerk initially, was rightfully so at what were best squatters and worst murderous aliens. We learned that all he needed was to chill out about the family disbanding and then he became a cool dude. He obviously valued family above everything else, and despite his conservative leanings was still alright with Greg's decisions. I liked that all he had to really switch positions on was whether he wanted the Gems using his barn or not, and it was nice to see a conservative character be so generous and kind without having to make a full 180.
>>
File: 1470892079370.png (664KB, 952x875px) Image search: [Google]
1470892079370.png
664KB, 952x875px
>>87776971
post yfw he doesn't come back and it doesn't get explained why
>>
>>87776994
Also, it highlights what the show is about and wants to convey - family. It really values family, which is stereotypically a completely conservative thing! It just takes the road where it doesn't define family purely by bloodline or politics, but by the people you know and care for, whoever they are, like Steven and the gems. Greg felt bad about estrangement, which I think we can all relate to, and they all made their own effort to at least give Carl a place in this family, without forcing him to drop everything.
>>
>>87777113
Yeah, it was nice to see that Carl saw past the alien-ness to the inclusion aspect, and that the Gems did their best to try his traditions. SU seems to be all about finding a good middle ground where everyone tries to understand and I really appreciate that. It's not realistic, but a cartoon about magic space aliens doesn't have to be.
>>
>>87776494
Yes they're both horrible and like to pretend they are better than each other.
>>
>>87775714

It's ironic that you're posing a picture of Sisko (best captain), because holy hell if DS9 came out today and was the exact same show /pol/ would fucking hate it.

Also Carl is fantastic and this episode was pretty good
>>
>>87777158
It doesn't have to be 100% realistic either when it's trying to teach kids the basic idea of using the open hand before the closed fist. I'm going to repeat that since I think it has deformed the living fuck out of people's brains regarding this show.

This is a kids show. For children. With some stuff to entertain adults. Mainly for little uns to learn more ideas and have fun watching the kool-aid colored ladies blow shit up.
>>
You guys suck.It's just an episode about that old conservative uncle/grandpa you have who still loves the crap out of you. I liked it a lot, it was very relateable. Just because people have different viewpoints doesn't mean they're irredeemable shits. I thought it was a nice message from an obviously non-conservative cartoon
>>
>>87777384
nope sorry, it has to be nothing but politics, no message can stand on its own, it HAS to be political and agenda, can't nope won't let you
>>
How long until 877777777
>>
>>87777384
Please don't call him an old conservative Uncle Grandpa
>>
>>87777486
kinda makes me want a show about a nice spread of Grandpa/Uncle archetypes, teamed together to be ornery and get shit done
>>
Fuck... I was really suspicious about this. And then I fucking DuckDuckGo'd it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Willis#Filmography

>Dave Willis voices Carl and Andy

Now I can never watch ATHF the same way again.
>>
>>87777635
Stone Cold Lock of the Century starring Peridot on coke when
>>
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1479511475103.webm
>>
>>87777635
>duckduckgo'd it

What are you hiding you sketchy fuck?
>>
File: Gem Harvest.png (176KB, 540x382px) Image search: [Google]
Gem Harvest.png
176KB, 540x382px
>>87775866
>>
I fucking love the fact that Carl is in this show. I can watch it now without wanting to die. Just put the rest of the crew in and it'll be golden.
>>
>>87777235
>have fun watching the kool-aid colored ladies blow shit up
because that happens so often after Season 1A
>>
File: 1473500807349.png (99KB, 874x688px) Image search: [Google]
1473500807349.png
99KB, 874x688px
>>87777855
how many and fucking when

farm girls work hard and got rockin bodies
>>
>>87776481
Yeah. It's sad that this is the full extent of the sympathy that conservatives (like me) get from mainstream entertainment.
>>
>>87777815
I don't want Google to know that I'm looking up apple dumpling recipes where I pour mountain dew on the dumplings.
>>
>>87777777
>>
>>87777882
god who fucking cares, how burned out is your brain that you can't watch 10 minutes without it devolving into bright colors and violence, when you have the entire internet to go watch for murdershit
>>
>>87777870
>Dana Snyder comes in as a whiny, egotistical sociopath who only wants money and fame without any effort on his part
>then Carey Means comes on as a usually well-meaning, though often less than scrupulous scientist with a sweet, but dangerously retarded and unsanitary child played by Dave Willis
>and every other character gets phased out and it's revealed that there must always be an Aqua Teen Hunger Force
>>
>>87777918
after a 'lighthearded' episode where 9/10 jokes miss for pretty much everyone who sees them, and the message is lost on everyone who didn't have some extremely specific experience in their lives, I wouldn't mind a consolation prize of a 20 second battle with a random corrupted gem or some shit
>>
>>87777978
Well keep your load in for a bit longer, because christ knows you're going to be glutted on rainbow death once the Diamond arrival arc comes around
>>
>>87766620

He seemed completely justified to me, and I don't like Trump and I'm not a conservative.

If I learned that cherished family property, where you know, I bonded with people I loved and had great memories with, was being inhabited by space weirdos that got it because my relative didn't care enough to preserve it (while equally neglecting his own family), I'd be fucking pissed too.

I'm glad Uncle Carl was angry. I'm glad HUBHUGH Steven couldn't just solve everything with "but feelings!" (at least not immediately).
>>
>>87767327

He felt that way, yeah. The "I'm opposed to your feelygoody things but I'll be proved wrong by the episode's end by gum!" was pretty annoying and you could see it a mile away.
>>
>>87776481
That wasn't the lesson at all.
He wasn't treated as a problem, just a character with problems. That problem being, he could have come and seen his family at any time over the years but didn't want to accept that they'd all moved on with their own lives and families. It had nothing to do with him converting to anything or "Seeing the light" or anything like that.
And
>he was wrong
He was never depicted as wrong, even the Gems apologize and admit they took his barn and the show goes to show how awkward they all were trying to appease him, like racist white-liberal relatives trying to overcompensate to black one with "Cultural appreciation night" or something naively racist and stupid.

But really trying to read too much into a deeper political allegory into it is just trying to find an agenda to get sore over.
>>
>>87776494
You mean the creepy fetishization of racial/gender categories as if they were an inherent biological facts that should dictate someones life just like Alt-Whiters didn't tip you off?

Tumblr is the only site more obsessed with race and gender roles than /pol/ is, just in an opposite equally deplorable direction is all.
>>
>>87776994
I didn't see him as that nice so much as kind of dumbing down, like trying to depict a conservative Uncle Tom type character.

Well meaning, but still kind of dumb.
>>
>>87779011
It is pretty dumb. I don't like being defined by my fucking race. I didn't choose to be an mixed race man. Just let me fap to my monster girls (snek a best), watch some cartoons and anime, and try to spread happiness and smiles, fucking race baiting cunts.
>>
File: Untitled 1.jpg (1MB, 884x3837px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled 1.jpg
1MB, 884x3837px
I don't know how you guys can defend the show when the people making it also made this monstrosity.
>>
>>87779397
don't make fun of sugar's bulimia
>>
Did anybody notice that Greg and Andy's aunt was either a lesbian or a cop/detective?
Either way she retired/moved away with a partner.
Could have been both I guess.
>>
>>87779397
journal comics are a monstrosity now?
>>
>>87779451
Clearly shows the values of the shows creators. And they think all conservatives are racist bigots who will put gay people in deathcamps.
>>
>>87779486
>implying they're not
>>
>>87767327
I took it as you should love your family even if they change and aren't exactly what you thought.
But apparently it's more leftist agenda stuff.
>>
File: 48d.png (27KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
48d.png
27KB, 527x409px
>>87779524
>>
File: FB_IMG_1462833874535.jpg (36KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462833874535.jpg
36KB, 720x404px
Did anyone working there see the pic I requested or did one of them draw it for me in the first place.

Either way if I get a yes I want to jack off to the idea of it.
>>
>>87770677
Look at SU and tell me if you really think that they bother with tween frames or if they just take some time in flash and squish the frames a bit to create the illusion of movement between key frames.
>>
File: YO TRAIN MAN.png (445KB, 617x489px) Image search: [Google]
YO TRAIN MAN.png
445KB, 617x489px
>Here. It's a Salami Stick. I was gonna make ya a casserole for your birthday, but, uh... I didn't.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDVrtNJrBSU
>>
>>87771735
And who does the future go to?
>>
I DON'T NEED NO INSTRUCTION TO KNOW HOW TO FUCK ROCKS
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 512x287px
>>87763353

>people ITT getting this mad over property and conservative beliefs
>>
>>87767327

>feminist
>Marxist

By that logic, stormfags are Marxists, as they believe the white man is being oppressed and treated badly by the Jews which control everything.

Idiot.
>>
>>87768659

T. Someone who has never read Marx
>>
>>87771237

>singingpaladin

A white knight indeed
>>
>>87779524
liberal retard spotted
>>
>In this episode, Steven's uncle comes downstate to see how the family is doing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0mlPCr_s7U
>>
>>87776309
daily reminder killing Pink Diamond is implied to be what turned the Gem Empire into a hellhole it is now
and that Homeworld were the ones what tried to talk things out in a show about nonviolence
>>
>>87766620
He was the complication, not the antagonist. This episode didn't have an antagonist.
>>
File: [laughter stops].jpg (27KB, 313x254px) Image search: [Google]
[laughter stops].jpg
27KB, 313x254px
>>87769539
>Tore the plane down to make an oven
>HURR IT WASN'T EVEN WORKING
>It just showed him flying in no more than 5 minutes ago
>A plane that clearly means a lot to him because of all the memories it had
And yet they are allowed to cry and whine over the same kind of thing.
Fuck this show, seriously. Greg cut tied for 20 FUCKING YEARS and he didn't even called or wrote once?
>>
>>87771237
Boy, I bet they felt more uncomfortable than when they were crossing the fucking desert.
>>
File: 1438227535332.gif (4MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
1438227535332.gif
4MB, 371x209px
>>87763353
>>
>>87776242
It's not even "the good ol days." It's something he rightfully owns, and property that they've vandalized and appropriated illegally. Not to mention a lot of it has important meaning to him, and when he even mentions that, they ridicule him and act self righteous about destroying his childhood to cook things they don't even want to eat.
>>
File: 1435005379344.jpg (62KB, 719x719px) Image search: [Google]
1435005379344.jpg
62KB, 719x719px
>>87779397
>Day 5
>still lying in bed crying because "muh hillary"
This is the reason no one takes the left seriously anymore. Can we just kick these fucking overly sensitive shits out? I want my party back damn it.
>>
>>87771237
but...you're not supposed to agree with the guy who doesn't like immigrants. That was a part of the joke, that he's ignorant. Does tumblr actually watch SU or do they just jack off to it and argue about how you shouldn't jack off to it?
>>
File: 1238888906220.jpg (69KB, 352x352px) Image search: [Google]
1238888906220.jpg
69KB, 352x352px
>>87779397
>my feewings!
>the world is ending because my team didn't win!
>oh no the concentration camps for queeroliberals are coming for my illegal maids!

Who DOES this? I didn't vote for either of the cunts, but even the Hillary lovers I know were just angry and mildly concerned for a few days. This crying and being unable to live anymore shit just makes it impossible to take you seriously. Only a child that's never experienced real struggles in their safe western environment would ever behave this way.
>>
File: 1454173315331.jpg (19KB, 249x230px) Image search: [Google]
1454173315331.jpg
19KB, 249x230px
>>87781280
That was what was left of the plane that was in the barn, not Andy's plane. Pay attention senpai.
>>
>>87779397
my favorite part of Strong Female Protagonist after /co/ tricked me into reading it hoping something interesting might happen is them so distraught over the election they had to miss an update.
funniest shit I've read from a webcomic in years
>>
>>87781939
It was his Family's plane and on his property.
>>
File: 1444112472830.png (94KB, 472x423px) Image search: [Google]
1444112472830.png
94KB, 472x423px
>>87781939
...Yeah? Well, it still wasn't their shit, and they acted in a very condescending way towards him.
>>
File: Renamed.jpg (2MB, 884x5754px) Image search: [Google]
Renamed.jpg
2MB, 884x5754px
>>87781666
>>87781766
Here's an updated version of the comic. They seemed to have forgotten what they're mad about.
>>
>>87782087
>It's gonna play out as they were upset and butthurt over nothing.
>>
File: 1436598463279.png (34KB, 172x166px) Image search: [Google]
1436598463279.png
34KB, 172x166px
>>87782087
Where is this shit being posted?
>>
Okay, why the fuck is Andy the antagonist? He owns the property that a bunch of alien refugees just decided to turn into a fucking foster home. And Greg's never even brought him up? This shit is ridiculous.
>>
>>87779397
Did she not play with play-doh at the dayca- I MEAN at college?
>>
>>87782171
their twitter
>>
>>87766620
No. More importantly they trivialised his concern (as is the way for lefties now) to a simple case of nostalgia. In fact, it's perfectly reasonable to uphold traditions and more than THAT to be upset at your property being damaged.
>d-don't hate him, he's human. H-he just doesn't know what he's doing, he doesn't mean to be mean to the gems that fucked up all his memories and property. It's just nostalgia fogging his head
>oh look we 'fixed' his nostalgia. All better now, right?
Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>87767327
Your analogy is pretty weak.

Andy doesn't fall head over heels for the Gems when he comes back. He just decides it's worth making an effort with them for the sake of Steven/family.
>>
>>87782183
Seemed Andy kept that barn abandoned most of the year and probably not the easiest person to call. I'm willing to call Greg shit about not telling his family about Steven or his not marriage but shit's probably complicated
>>
>>87769625
Oh

Then I hope to God he's not a one off. ATHF is over, but the world knows we need more Carl
>>
>>87782338
It's like calling Rose's portrait a nostalgia shrine.
>>
>>87782171
I got it off of her twitter page. Her name is Shelby and she's a storyboarder on Steven Universe.

https://twitter.com/egomatter
>>
>>87782429
>actually uses the name QUEER WOMAN
well SU was never big on subtly I guess
>>
>>87780403
>implying family isn't also a spook
>implying Andy shouldn't have just taken the gems as his property
>>
>>87782183
>Okay, why the fuck is Andy the antagonist?
Because stories require conflict.

Because he is the opposing force to the protagonists wanting to live in an unused barn.

Because he's not the protagonist, Steven is.
>>
>>87782042
What's that? You're first car? But we needed cushions for the dog house and wheels to roll down the hill. Sorry old dude, at least it's useful now.
>>
>OP tries to start a fun Andy/Carl thread
>Almost immediately turns into another /pol/-bait debate about leftist media vs. conservative values, some Tumblr vs. 4chan rivalry for good measure.

Insecurities towards Tumblr and political memes have driven this place into the dirt.
>>
>>87782087
I like this foreshadowing. This is going to go grim dark like one of those drink driving adds. She's going to open the car and crash and let the real tragedy flow.
>>
>Save the Earth by building a drill out of old shit no one was using
>Greg acted like he owned the shit and okayed them using it
>Stuck on the planet you saved
>Greg, still acting like he owns the barn, allows them to live there

If anything, Greg was in the wrong, but really Andy could show some gratitude for not being clusterfucked with the rest of the Earth.
>>
>>87782429
no that's the other one
$helby is a homestuck
>>
>>87782583
Conversly you could argue that overly and pointlessly liberal agenda in cartoons and comics have driven this place into the dirt.
A lot are going out of their way, explicitly to make this 'statement'. It's shit.
>>
File: 1475332581974.jpg (83KB, 680x516px) Image search: [Google]
1475332581974.jpg
83KB, 680x516px
>>87781666
I think she's crying because the country elected someone who chooses to put people like Mike Pence- who would happily take rights away from her- in positions of high power.
>>
>>87782387
I'm guessing Greg and his family were on shitty terms when he ran off to be a rock star bum
>>
>>87781726
Andy did nothing wrong.
>>
>>87779546
This is the best BAIT image I've ever seen.
>>
>>87782603
He was VERY pissed with Greg. Greg was in the wrong the whole episode. Like when Steven said he didn't know he had an uncle. Greg is the real dead-beat piece of shit. Gems are just sociopathic autists, they follow the 'rules'. Andy should take over for Greg and teach them about the world given he's actually traveled it and isn't a fatty chasing burn out like Greg.
>>
>>87782626
Good. Subversive forces should be contained.
>>
>>87782542
>unused barn
Unused is not unowned.
>>
So many Tumblr posters care more about how hateful Andy is towards immigrants or whatever and not about how utterly hypocritical this episode was. If any of the shit Lapidot pulled at the barn happened to Steven, that would be a very different episode.
>>
>>87782690
If it was so subversive, it wouldn't have won the popular vote.
>>
File: omg (4).png (9KB, 190x159px) Image search: [Google]
omg (4).png
9KB, 190x159px
Can we all stop fighting like /pol/acks and start being happy Pearl confirmed every shipping?

>So, Andy, we heard you like marriage, so why don't we all marry each other?
>>
>>87782724
He is angry at them for taking his barn and calls them illegal immigrants.
Which they are.

The reason he is angry at them is not the reason he is calling them what they are.
>>
>>87782736
Actually no. That's definitionally what a subversive force would do if left uncontained. Further:
>popular vote
>including illegals
Nice
>>
>>87782760
>The majority of people support it
>Gay marriage has already been written into law
>This somehow does not qualify it as established because you, a member of a minority, don't like it
>You, a minority, aren't a subversive force because of your own opinion
Sorry kid. That's not how it works.
>>
>>87782690
tips fedora
>>
>>87782793
I'm not who you are arguing with.
But I just want to tell you that what is right or wrong isn't connected with popularity.

I'd give examples of this, but then I'm afraid you might make the mistake of thinking that those examples are comparisons, when they're supporting examples supporting only the above statement, not comparisons to yours.
>>
>>87782793
More like you do not understand the context of subversion. It has little to nothing to do with 'minorities' you complete fucking idiot.

>>87782819
tips beret. m'comrade
>>
>>87782793
>The majority of people support it
And how many of those are actually living citizens that only voted once?
>>
>>87782338
They didn't "Fix" it, they let him move forward. He was lonely and avoiding his family, so they tried to remedy it by acting as his family and he realized what he'd been missing out on by keeping away from everyone for so long. He thought it was the barn and traditions that were important instead of the focusing on the family he originally loved, that's why he lost them in the first place; Focusing on superficial things in the first place while the rest of his relatives moved away because he couldn't see the big picture, that he could've seen them at anytime and people moving away doesn't mean they've moved on. The so-called nostalgia was for genuine family styled companionship and they returned that to him.

Having personal issues with relationships and how much you're connecting/distancing yourself doesn't entirely unhinge on "Nostalgia."
>>
>>87781766
>Only a child that's never experienced real struggles in their safe western environment would ever behave this way.
Or an adult who lived through World War ll and saw the rise of Fascism taking root. Either way. Shame spoiled Baby Boomers didn't have that luxury.
>>
>>87781517
>they ridicule him and act self righteous about destroying his childhood to cook things they don't even want to eat.
They didn't ridicule him, they felt genuinely sorry and like "Good liburals" tried to be well intending if unintentionally patronizing and sorta insensitive. He did notice they were atleast trying.
>>
>>87783021
>And how many of those are actually living citizens that only voted once?
More than what Breitbart claims you fucking tool.

>Believing a rag run by an ex-banker who is actually working in government
>>
>>87783367
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUDTcxIqqM0
>>
>>87783403
Yeah the last time I clicked a YouTube link from one of you assholes it was to a heavily edited piece of garbage. Fuck off back to /pol/. You already ruined one country.
>>
>>87771237
Not even the SU crew gives a shit about them and neither should you.
>>
>>87783272
His family left him, it started with Greg and got worse from there, he clung to traditions because that's all he had left, and I hope Greg is the exception but if he's anything to go by than the rest of the family did move on, how can you visit people when you don't know where they are? And now he comes back to the barn to find strangers trampling over everything he holds dear, they're just lucky that his love for Steven is stronger than his ire for interlopers.
>>
>>87783307
>adult who lived through World War ll and saw the rise of Fascism taking root
Do those people look like they're 90 years old?
>>
File: 1479523241307.jpg (140KB, 480x678px) Image search: [Google]
1479523241307.jpg
140KB, 480x678px
>>87783422
Trump may not fix everything, and I hope he does, of course we have different opinions on what 'fixing' is, but at the very least that Whore of Babylon isn't in office. That's good enough for me, so sit on it and spin.
>>
File: it don't matter.png (234KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
it don't matter.png
234KB, 800x450px
>>
>>87781408
I have never a gif that summarizes Steven Universe as well as this one.
>>
>>87771237
>who dont feel safe or comfortable watching their favorite show anymore

Why? Scared because the police might take back the tv his dad stole?
>>
>>87769581
He cried. He is here to stay.
>>
That was a great fricck'n episode.
>>
>>87782042
Imma steal your stuff and save the world with it. Fuck you.
>>
>>87780403
Is the concept of spooks a spook?
>>
>>87785420
Trump isn't a Republican.
>>
>>87785420
you slut
>>
>>87771237
Why does sucrose feel the need to cater to these people...??
>>
>>87782087
the fact that somebody would put this much work into a comic about overreacring to a election is hilarious. The butthurt is astronamical.
>>
File: IMG_2953.jpg (29KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2953.jpg
29KB, 210x240px
>Andy Anderson from Life with Louie with Carl's voice
>>
>>87785420
I too wish China and Russia would commit suicide.
>>
>>87781940
I know. I mean I know that if you're not feeling well creative endeavors can be kind of difficult, but come on, that shit was just laughably pathetic.
>>
>>87782221
>bust my poor, dumb ass off at community college for the chance to attend university
>feel like I missed out on tons of college stuff in that time
>these children not only got in at the start, but need fucking Play-Doh, bubbles, puppies and cancelled exams in order to feel better
>all because they got overhyped as fuck
Man I don't give a damn what your political beliefs are, that shit pisses me off to no end.
>a fucking week crying in bed
>"EVERYONE WAS IN MOURNING"

also Andy Did Nothing Wrong
Gems & Greg a shit, Steven acts more mature (somehow) than his father
>>
>>87780921
I wonder if they'll ever flesh that event out, though I doubt it at this point. Which point would they push?
>make Pink Diamond completely stubborn, and have Rose say that killing her is "the only way to save Earth"
>make Rose accountable for her actions and show us she isn't the morally righteous character the Crystal Gems believed her to be
>have Pink Diamond's death turn out to be an "accident" all along, thereby forcing a mulligan on any kind of character growth
>>
The Alt right and SJWs are all crying foul at the episode, but it seems to be worse in the latter's case because the former never liked/watched the show to begin with while the latter sees this as BETRAYAL. Does this mean this show's doomed?
>>
>>87785962
Personally I just saw uncle Andy acting like Carl and not giving a shit through most of the episode.
When they started to get schmaltzy he was less in character.

Past that, pretty classic Carl.

Compare this episode with the Christmas and Thanksgiving episodes of ATHF.
>>
>>87785962
Are those types really a revenue-generating part of the audience? Kids don't care, people with kids probably don't care. All the bitching comes from childless, moneyless millenials. Like, who even cares?
>>
>>87786014
Pretty much. Andy is a Carl who doesn't hate his family.
>>
>>87786093
If you rewatch ATHF, you realize that Carl was abused somewhat harshly and was in a fairly dysfunctional family.

But in the context of the show this is jocular more than it's dramatic or tragic.
>>
>>87767386
>/co/, I just wanted to let you know you are among /tv/ and /pol/ now in your status as a board.

The most popular and influential?

Cool.
>>
>>87785885
I don't know why, but I really like PD.
I'm curious to see how they handle her.
>>
>>87782087
That doesn't look like Rebeca Sugar?
>>
Have they mentioned where on the planet the barn is, and how far it is from Beach City?
>>
>>87782690

Just like the niggers. Right, Jim?
>>
>>87783462
>they're just lucky that his love for Steven is stronger than his ire for interlopers
I think the show acknowledged that properly. Without Steven the negotiations with Andy could went sour really fast. He's right about being upset but he also needs to understand the situation which he eventually did. There's no easy path for that because the situation with the Gems is difficult to clarify to normal humans by default. But Steven managed to both convince Andy to have the patience to get the full picture of his current family and to get the Gems to cooperate and tolerate a confused and angry man trying to defend his precious memories. And in the end the seeds of understanding were planted.

Like Mr. Greg I think this will foreshadow some of Steven's next approach in trying to reach to another future foe.
>>
File: Tonight. You..jpg (58KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Tonight. You..jpg
58KB, 400x300px
>>87767270
Everyone except Aqua Teen fans.
We're just enjoying what we always knew was true:
Crossover between the two was inevitable.
>>
>>87786893
So...has everyone forgotten about Willie Nelson?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yu_FqRxICY
>>
>>87786910
You never forget Willie Nelson.
Just not The Willie Nelson. A Willie Nelson.
>>
>>87786910
>Oh hey, this isn't mine, I think I'll throw it out.
How very fitting.
>>
File: I'll Ora Ara your shit.jpg (181KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
I'll Ora Ara your shit.jpg
181KB, 500x707px
>The angry conservative tries to understand the aliens because despite everything he truly loves his family
>The alien beings attempt to behave more human and show interest in the lower lifeforms because they love steven and wish to be part of his family
>moral of the show is that people are naturally good despite their hangups and it requires compromise from both sides to overcome their demons
>everyone shits the bed because no one was clearly in the wrong and it shorts out their autism when shit isnt spelled out for them or pushing an agenda.

i thought it was pretty good. When i first started it, i thought it was going to be one of those "LEL CONSERVATIVES ARE EVIL SPACE LESBOS" but it turned out that andy was a pretty understandable character.

Are people incapable of 'shades of grey' anymore?
>>
>>87787064
Well Tumblr certainly isn't, but not everyone ON Tumblr IS Tumblr.
Much like how not everyone ON 4chan IS 4chan.
We like to joke about hiveminds, but more often than not, the voice you hear on this and that sites is not the majority, but simply the loudest voice.
>>
>>87787064
It's that old American ideal of sticking it to the man, just without a clear idea of who the man is. Mix that up with an equal portion of tribalism and you have the skeleton of any fanatical group you can think of. Just add a cause. I don't think these people are even close to being a majority, though. They're just loud as fuck, and also, with regards to Tumblr, people here on 4chan actively go looking for opinions to be angry about, so your sample is hand-selected to be the worst a person could find.
>>
>>87787177
You know what's funny?
I can see how a lot of Tumblr people may have been offended by Andy's characterization as he's somewhat bigoted and old-fashioned, but compared to Carl, who I can only assume most of /co/ heard him as, he's really tame.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so5TlXOkpHI
>>
>>87767431
So she is just IDW Megatron then?
>>
>>87782690
Like the American revolution?

Do not want to burst your bubble, but the very existence of the USA is the result of subversive forces

4chan is a subversive force for crying out loud!
(and I'm pretty damn proud of that too)
>>
>>87779397
learn to differentiate between someone's private life and professional career

otherwise you are n better than the SJW scum that tries to get people get fired over racist jokes made on-line
>>
>>87782793
Well clearly the majority don't agree with it if they voted to get Mike Pence in the White House ;)
>>
>>87770111
Women aren't payed less than men.
>>
>>87787968
they were more anti-Hitlery than pro-Pence tho
>>
>>87787997
yeah, the wage-gap is a myth caused by the lack of understanding of statistics

women make less on average not because they would make less money for the same job as a man (as the liberal media would like you to believe), but because on average more women pursue career options that pay less than other careers
(oil rig workers actually make a pretty good salary, but you will not see too many women applying for that position)
>>
>>87788072
Sociology professors are actually starting to teach about how the gap is calculated, which is nice because I kinda got tired of hearing rich white women whine about not making any money despite have $5k purses.
>>
>>87763736
You're an idiot
Andy represented Native Americans at the first Thanksgiving, not right-wing conservatives.
>>
>>87788072
I do wonder if Hillary would have settled for the 400k salary the Presidency.

Or if we would have heard a number of pundits raise the topic of "why does the leader of the free world make less than college sports coaches or CEOs"
>>
>>87782870
>More like you do not understand the context of subversion

Expound?
>>
>>87788489
>I do wonder if Hillary would have settled for the 400k salary the Presidency.

Of course she would.

She'd be subsidizing her salary with under the table gifts from said CEOs.
>>
>>87788525
Saudis already put in a substantial down payment along with Hollywood.

Also heard she left the campaign with about 65 Million still in her coffers.
>>
File: tumblr_oge0alrjYI1u7y9hvo1_540.jpg (72KB, 540x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oge0alrjYI1u7y9hvo1_540.jpg
72KB, 540x500px
>>87788557
>>
>>87788576
>BRAZZERS.COM
>>
File: cheating blonde.jpg (21KB, 478x510px) Image search: [Google]
cheating blonde.jpg
21KB, 478x510px
>>87788615
>>
>Another /co/ thread derailed by /pol/shit

Can you guys fuck off, already? This thread is about Carl being in SU.
>>
Why are Americans so sensitive about personal property and spaces?
>>
>>87790334
Give me all ur property, and I will explain it to you.
>>
>>87777455
>>877777777
>>
>>87766620
The show, via Steven and Greg, shows Peri, Lapis and Pearl as being insensitive several times. The idea was that he has a right to be upset, but he's had an unhealthy anger towards his family changing and it's been eating away at his happiness for years.

But we can just read it as a shitty liberal/conservative story since they made a few snippy potshots at both sides, sure.
>>
>>87783596
If you believe in a skyman and his prophecies then there's no fixing you.
>>
>>87763353
>>
>>87794356
I was 14 once too.
>>
>>87795809
Well I'm glad you remember the previous year, but that's besides the point.
>>
>>87766620
If anything, it showed how dangerously impulsive and trigger happy Peridot and Lapis can be with ordinary human people.
>>
File: 1478551850124.jpg (53KB, 460x494px) Image search: [Google]
1478551850124.jpg
53KB, 460x494px
>>87779397
Do the people who make these comics understand what they are saying with these kind of things?
That they are an overly emotional, mentally weak, fragile person, with a viewpoint that is very removed from reality.
Why would you broadcast to the world how so clearly and loudly that you are so pathetic?
>>87771237
Any guy that has a Tumblr should be castrated desu.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>87788357

Holy shit
>>
>>87771862
Someone should draw this with Andy as Trump and the gems behind the fence.
>>
>>87782087
This comic is pretty much a perfect summary of middle class urban liberals and their reaction to the election.
>Terrified, overreacting, doomsday scenario
>Extended overreaction for a few days
>Then back to daily routine , returning to normalcy
>>
>>87780403
Who is the most unspooked character in SU?
>>
>gay acceptance is not immigrant lessons because immigrant are the cool hashtag of the month
Internet never cease to amaze me.
>>
>>87799058
Upper-middle class.
>>
>>87799248
what i meant, forgot the word for it
>>
so is Andy staying in town or is he a one time character?
>>
>>87779397

I blame the media for emotionally priming people for this exact reaction, while doing nothing to prepare them for the reality that Trump could (and did) actually win.

It really pains me to see them fall into this hysteria, because I know that most of it is simply illusory and I don't like seeing people in that kind of turmoil. The human mind is a funny thing.
>>
>>87785962

I still don't know what the Alt-Right even is. Everyone I ask gives a different answer. I'm left believing that it's just a nebulous term that doesn't really mean anything.
>>
>>87799647
It is, the alt-right is just a grouping of anyone with right wing ideals that isn't Republican, or just votes Republican until something they like more comes around.
Thread posts: 292
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.