[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spider-Gwen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: latest[29].jpg (714KB, 1596x2423px) Image search: [Google]
latest[29].jpg
714KB, 1596x2423px
Did this ever get better?
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 277x340px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 277x340px
>>87736215
No, there's only one good Gwen comic out there right now, and it's not even Gwen Stacy.
>>
Nope, 10/10 costume wasted on a nothing character. But this >>87736256 is true if you like metacommentary.
>>
>>87736256
And is not Gwenpool either, that one is even worse and at least Spider-Gwen is not getting cancelled soon.
>>
>>87736215
It's getting better at a snail's pace. has yet to become good. and by good I mean "I would actually recommend this to someone"
>>
>>87736412
So what is the one good Gwen comic then, anon?
>>
>>87736411
>is true if you like metacommentary.

The comic doesn't have metacomentary, it has meta jokes ''Wait, this is not how things happen in comic books! The main character is meant to win no matter what! lol''
>>
>>87736456
>>87736456
none right now.
>>
>>87736256
ugh, I really hate the smug expression on this cunt every single time I see her, is like the people that draw her know that she is hated.
>>
File: 19_18.jpg (654KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
19_18.jpg
654KB, 1000x1537px
I can't believe how little of a grasp on the basics of sequential art the artist for this book has, just look at this fucking page.
>>
>>87736580
I feel like this is a good example of what a lot of people don't understand about shitty art. I feel like some on /co/ would zero in on the arm grab being poorly drawn or the backgrounds being bare without understanding the perspective issues. Ugly art is not great but more than that the story needs to be expressed in a way that's possible to follow and this fails at that more than the aesthetic.
>>
>>87736580
You shouldn't make fun of blind people, anon
>>
>>87736580
I can barely make out what's going on.
>>
>>87736256
This
>>
>>87736215
Great setting, shit plot.
Now I see why they're trying to force her on Miles so hard, she's on life support. Gwen-pool and spider-gwen were just memes that shouldn't have bee brought to life in the 1st place
>>
File: 1470891125213.png (396KB, 514x497px) Image search: [Google]
1470891125213.png
396KB, 514x497px
>>87736557
>>
>>87736580
>all those 180 degree pans
>that anatomy
>that shading
>no spacial awareness
>perspective is fucked
>zero transitional panels

How did this person get hired?
>>
>>87736256
This anon knows what he's talking about. Even if he is a dirty phone-poster.
>>
>>87736580
What can you expect? Most of the people Marvel hires are Tumblr artists who can only draw one off poster/pin up style pictures but never honed their craft working their way up from shitty books at no-name companies or went to the Kubert school or anything.

These are people who went from drawing cool pictures and costume redesigns on their art sites and got thrust into books, even if low-tier ones, at Marvel. No clue if that's the case with Rodriguez but it seems that not studying the classics and skipping that journeyman period is an overall net negative.
>>
>>87736215
B-but I like Spider-Gwen comics..
>>
>>87736215
this series would have been interesting if they focused on her beginnings. Her relationship with Peter. The fact that he's dead really does nothing to the reader's emotions because we find out through one shitty panel on the first page of the first issue. No attachments have even formed yet, it's a waste of something great. They'd have much better luck if they started from the beginning (both plotwise and dumping this shit & starting a new storyline).

I stopped reading after they renumbered but it really wasn't going anywhere.
>>
>>87741763
He is actually going blind. Seriously.
>>
>>87742847
This.
>>
>>87736745
>I feel like some on /co/ would zero in on the arm grab being poorly drawn or the backgrounds being bare without understanding the perspective issues.

That's not limited to /co/. A lot of people outside of /co/ would be focusing on the anatomy or the bare backgrounds. That's how you can tell if someone has a superficial understanding of the problem.

It's kind of like someone complaining about how Dark Knight Returns has ugly art but not understanding that it works because Miller has a major grasp of pacing and storytelling.
>>
>>87736215

It has had few okay issues but largely it's basically wasted potential: the comic book
>>
>>87742847

Spider-Gwen would have really profited from some actual world-building. What the writer is doing is basically throwing neat ideas at the wall (Cop!Frank, Evil!Matt, etc.) without really exploring any of them which has lead to the entire thing feeling extremely disjointed and incoherent which in turn makes it hard to care about what is happening.
>>
>>87740746
>>87742847

I think it just lacks something. The design for Spider-Gwen's costume is good but a lot of other designs aren't (Captain America's costume for example). The occasional awkward storytelling as >>87736580 pointed out doesn't help matters.

The idea of a universe where stuff isn't what you normally expect isn't bad, but I think as the series kept going it started feeling like there was a lot of change for change's sake and it's hard to anchor to because everything's different and vying for attention.
>>
>>87744075
>What the writer is doing is basically throwing neat ideas at the wall (Cop!Frank, Evil!Matt, etc.) without really exploring any of them which has lead to the entire thing feeling extremely disjointed and incoherent which in turn makes it hard to care about what is happening.

Yeah, I think that's a real problem. If it was just the stuff in the first volume then it'd be okay--Gwen got spider powers, Peter became the Lizard, Matt Murdock works for the Kingpin, Frank Castle and Ben Grimm are cops. But then it kept going further with and further with changes and it's hard to care about the changes when there's too many of them and without enough explanation. Like for instance why is Felicia Hardy black? Is her father being black a divergent point? Or is she Ororo Munroe but without the powers because her father never met her mother? I ask because up until that point it was assumed everyone else was the same up until their lives took divergent points (like Matt working for the Kingpin or Gwen becoming Spider-Woman). At least Samantha Wilson being Captain America had reasonable explanations.
>>
>>87744380
>Why is Felicia Hardy black?

Because she's the Black Cat, silly! :)
>>
>>87736454
Its good when Jason Latour and Robbi Rodriguez aren't working on it. For example, the Spider-Women stuff was pretty enjoyable.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.