[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't he want to help Rhodey?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 9

Why didn't he want to help Rhodey?
>>
It wasn't Rhodey.
>>
he was an asshole
>>
>>87735802
No marvel movie is humorous, but this movie had the worst attempt at it yet. Dr.Cringe
>>
File: 1446061613269.jpg (31KB, 295x333px) Image search: [Google]
1446061613269.jpg
31KB, 295x333px
>>87735874
They added all the forced humor in rewrites after test screenings

They also cut the flashback where Strange's sister drowns motivating Strange to become a doctor
>>
>>87736004
>They also cut the flashback where Strange's sister drowns motivating Strange to become a doctor

That probably had less to do with humor and more to do with the fact that Strange becoming a doctor just to help himself is the fucking corner stone of the movie.
>>
>>87736062
Which still feels like horseshit. No one becomes a doctor if they don't have at least some desire to help people.
>>
>>87735802
Because he realized only the Master Race should be allowed near Magic.

That was a joke
>>
>>87736116
No one enters one of the most profitable professions on earth, that has easy openings for minor fame and acclaim amongst those in your field if you apply yourself, unless they want to help people.
Are you Naive, Optimistic, or Stupid?
>>
>>87736116
Desire to earn cash
>>
>>87736116
that is another part of his character, he became a doctor to save lives not take them and says as much in the film, its just that that bit is buried under mountains of ego
>>
Was anyone else bugged by his american accent?
>>
>>87736116
I never really got that Strange didn't want to help people. He just loved the attention a little bit more. And that's a common trope among hot shot surgeons. Fuckers often depicted as having massive egos because they're the rockstars of the medical community.
>>
>>87736062
It wasn't just to help himself, but it was about him.
It was about him being unable to save her
Ergo, he only picks patients he knows he can save
>>
File: house.gif (991KB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
house.gif
991KB, 500x260px
>>87736207
he sounded like Dr. House
>>
>>87735802
He only took high profile, yet solvable cases. He wanted something novel to make his star brighter.

The whole thing was like an actor talking to his agent.
>>
>>87736499
A lot of real life surgeons do that, btw, because your success rate is your job in surgery.
>>
>Don't break your neck
>Wait to...
>Check MRIs of potential patients while driving
>>
because Strange only took on patients he knew he could fix. you don't get to become famous and wealthy if you have failures.
>>
>>87736649
Ok, yeah, but it was more about his pride than his job
>>
>>87736195
Exactly. He wasn't a monster, he did want to help people, but he was also supremely arrogant. That's the point of his character: underneath his ego is a truly good man, and he has to learn humility to be his best self.
>>
>>87736789
>>87736649
>>87736633

On top of that, as I think he says at some point, he genuinely believed he was so good that he should only use his talents on really "deserving" cases. Let the lesser doctors deal with the mundane stuff.
>>
>>87736568
This. Brits just seem to think an American accent is just putting a little growl in their voice.
>>
File: 1469394681935.jpg (19KB, 296x200px) Image search: [Google]
1469394681935.jpg
19KB, 296x200px
>>87736668
I would complain about that but living in Florida has taught me anything is possible. Saw a guy putting on his pants while making grilled cheese in the passenger seat.
>>
>>87736964
Was it mundane, or was it because as he said, the idiot shot himself or something like that
>>
>>87736668
I commented to my buddy during that scene that it felt like a PSA, which had us fucking rolling when the actual PSA scrolled by at the end of the credits about distracted driving.
>>
>>87736964
Yes, he only takes winning cases for impressive stuff. It's why he is not in the ER and did not become a GP after his hands got messed up. Not glory in being a GP he would rather waste all his money and go broke than make a still pretty fucking good living as a GP.
>>
>>87737020
>but living in Florida has taught me anything is possible.
You've summed up the Florida Man phenomenon in less than a dozen words.
>>
>>87736116
It's endearing that people this innocent exist, but the truth is 90% of people go to medschool because money
>>
>>87736568
>Hugh Laurie wasn't cast to be Dr Strange
RIP
>>
>>87736568
Hugh Laurie should've played Strange. I don't care how old he is. His American accent is better than Cucumber Patch too.
>>
There should be a story about a supremely arrogant high level wizard who is injured in a magical accident that cripples his mystic abilities.

He travels the Mystic Realms but nothing can help restore him. Finally he hears rumors of a legendary place that might cure him.

It turns out it's a cutting-edge research facility in a medical school in the normal world. Now he has to work his way up through college and med school.
>>
Was this motherfucker really cracking jokes while in the operating room?

I get that he's supposed to be good, but just fucking really?
>>
>>87737477
Gallows humor and joking is a common coping mechanism in high-stress jobs.
>>
>>87737477
This is the MCU, they crack jokes while a nuclear missile is on its way to blow up NYC during a full-blown alien invasion.
>>
>>87737477
you never watch M.A.S.H. ?
>>
>>87735802
My gripe is why does he have to be American? His accent was so off putting at times, is it so important he has to be American when we are already changing other characters' backstories?
>>
>>87737662
This really.

I've actually always read Strange in a posh Brit accent.
>>
>>87737662
Yeah, that's one thing they should have changed. The character works just as well as a Brit.

I guess they would then need some reason why he'd end up in New York to interact with the other heroes. Then again, he doesn't interact with them all that much, so having his home base be in London and he just opens a portal to NY if the Avengers need him works.
>>
>>87737477
My only issue with the movie was that they inserted some comedy after some serious moments.
>>
>>87736568
Yeah. pretty much.
>>
File: stephen strange.jpg (133KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
stephen strange.jpg
133KB, 600x600px
>>87736128
this is correct, he recognizes the superiority of the turkic race over the kaffirs
>>
>>87737477
You've never been in an operating room have you?>>87737591
>>
>>87738498
Why do you keep trying to make this a meme?
>>
>>87737848
>I guess they would then need some reason why he'd end up in New York
Brits practice medicine here all the time.

Despite whatever you want to say about healthcare quality, America is on the bleeding edge of medicine and advanced treatments. it's also why so many foreign dignitaries come here for intensive, high-risk treatments.
>>
>>87736165
>>87736186
>>87737147
Why would you go into medicine and not business if all you care about is cash money?
>>
>>87735874
Uh.... no, you're wrong. Age of Ultron had the worst humor, easily. The two or three jokes in this one were fine. I know in internet time that came out 25 years ago so it might be hard for you to remember Dr. Strange is actually quite good compared to the couple really bad MCU movies.
>>
>>87738790
No one likes businessmen, people love doctors, especially surgeons. You go into medicine not JUST for money, you do it for money and praise.
>>
>>87738790
In business you can end up a shit-head with no money due to bad luck, or just someone higher up than you fucking you over.
The only way to not do well as a doctor is to be really really bad at it, it's a safer bet.
>>
>>87738780
Like with many things, the US has some of the best high end stuff, it's just really concentrated in certain places and available only to the rich.
>>
>>87737477
They've been making out of place jokes since Iron Man 1.
>>
>>87735802
It wasn't Rhodey, the director confirmed that.
>>
>>87737662
idk, I feel like making Xavier British instead of from upstate New York subtly changed his character, and making Strange another smart brit instead of a guy from philly changes him a little too.
>>
>>87737662
No. He lives in New York, but there's no reason he couldn't have moved there from Britain to work.
>>
>>87738926
>people love doctors, especially surgeons
Unless you're in a "There was nothing we could do." situation. Then people hate doctors, usually the one within screaming range.
>>
>>87737082
Which is funny as it seems like most of his acclaim comes from research and procedure development, neither of which require the use of his hands.
>>
>>87737662
Because Deadpool taught them that too many changes are bad, you make just enough changes to make it work as a movie, the closer you are to the source material the better the movie is. There is nothing lost by making him British, but there's nothing to be gained either, so the change serves no purpose.
>>
>>87737612
gotta save the world in style, and yes surgeons do joke around in the operating room
>>
>>87736633
>He only took high profile, yet solvable cases. He wanted something novel to make his star brighter.
A tip, anon, that's how ALL surgeons operate. No one wants to have a failure on their record so they rather refuse to operate than risk getting a black mark for screwing up. This is the reality of surgeons.
>>
>>87738780
>Despite whatever you want to say about healthcare quality
No one ever complains about health care QUALITY in the US.

Everyone complains about America's healthcare QUANTITY. As in, not having any health care at all like a third worlds nation.
>>
>>87740221
>No one ever complains about health care QUALITY in the US.
Eh...
>>
>>87736633
>He only took high profile, yet solvable cases. He wanted something novel to make his star brighter.
Rhodey is a fucking Avenger.
>>
>>87738926
Sometimes people get mad at doctors for Jewing them.

>>87738969
I like this reasoning more. Business seems more luck-based while being a doctor seems more skill-based.
>>
>>87740257
>Eh...
I don't know what you are disagreeing about. The good health care is there, it is just not physically available to most people. Thus a quantity problem.
>>
>>87736004
The only mistaken cut they made was the one saying he looped thousands of times.

Every single other cut they mentioned was a great decision.
>>
>>87739433
That's why he didn't take anything he didn't think he could fix. Stainless record and all that.
>>
>>87740427
>the one saying he looped thousands of times.
Did they really need to SAY that? I mean I got the impression he looped more than we saw just because of the little montage.
Show don't tell is an old adage in entertainment.
>>
>>87737078
Not only that..

BUT THE FUCKING WARNING CAME AFTER
>>
>>87736004
>They also cut the flashback where Strange's sister drowns motivating Strange to become a doctor

Sounds like it is better that way. Too much baggage that adds nothing to the overall movie and only provides motivation for a job that he stops doing 20 minuets in.
>>
>>87737477
This is common IRL...
>>
>>87740395
Most doctors need to see a patient about every ten minutes to stay profitable and keep their employees paid. Problem is people get a ton of misdiagnoses because the doctors are, frankly overworked, and have to go back for many more tests and things that are unnecessary and that could be avoided if our doctors weren't so squeezed by (their) insurance companies (operational hazards etc.). There's also the incredibly one-track mentality of western (American-medicine-as-taught-by-the-pharma-cartel/lobby) that makes sure certain things are overlooked when they really could be beneficial for certain patients.

For instance, sometimes sponges or worse get left inside people after they are sewn up. It's not super common, but common enough. I believe it was Harvard's med school implemented a program for their mock-ups that basically made a simple checklist system for all equipment in the operating room. The already low incidence of mistakes in their students went down to something absurdly low, so the school sent out a brief to several hospitals around the country. Anyways, apparently that was labeled by the (bought-and-paid-off) FDA as an some sort of experimental treatment and institutions were instructed not to adopt it.

This was just a few years ago. I think they have managed to get more traction, but the fact that it was shut down
>>
>>87735802
>Why didn't he want to help Rhodey?

Forget that, "Woman with brain chip to deal with schizophrenia" Is that someone from the comics?
Typhoid Mary?
>>
>>87740290
It wasn't Rhodey, the accident took place during Iron Man 2.
The soldier they were referring to was a guy that got injured using one of Hammer's shitty knock off suits, they mention it in the court scene.
>>
>>87740895
It was neither - director said so.
>>
>>87740895
>The soldier they were referring to was a guy that got injured using one of Hammer's shitty knock off suits,
Pretty sure that test was in North Korea.
>>
>>87735802
Pretty sure the guy they were referencing was the one in the Hammer Iron Man armour that spins his torso around in Iron Man 2
>>
>>87737014
To someone who isn't American, his general accent was pretty spot on.
>>
>>87740689
it's about saving lives, which he continues to do as sorcerer supreme

still, having a little girl die seems pretty dark for the mcu
>>
>>87740467
and did he appear to be exhausted? not really
>>
>>87736233
Which is the reason the Warmachine/Civil War reference was shit.
If Strange is a egotistical glory-hound, why didn't the say that this Air Force Colonel was an Avenger.
In fact, with Strange's knowledge of pop culture, why didn't he realize it was Warmachine.
>>
>>87741343
See >>87740985
It wasn't Rhody
>>
>>87740467
That line was supposed to explain him going from a gifted novice to seasoned sorcerer by the end of the movie.
The thousands of deaths gave him time to practice his magic against Dormammu.
>>
>>87741563
This would really have been essential for his character to leave in there.
>>
>>87741353
So it was a different 35 year old Air Force Colonel?
Who also received spinal injuries during a "test flight" in an exosuit?
In the MCU movie that was released after Civil War?

Yeah, no, I'm not buying that bullshit. It was obviously suppose to be Rhody.
And on the off chance that it was suppose to be someone else, then why say it was a Air Force pilot in an exosuit? Why not say test pilot in an experimental jet?

The first thought that any one watching the movie will have when they hear "Air Force Pilot. Exosuit. Spinal injuries." In the movie after Civil War would be Rhody.
>>
>>87741605
Never said it isn't stupid, just that it isn't Rhody.
>>
>>87741605
Doctor Strange didn't start during civil war. He spent a lot of time in khamartaj. That conversation wasn't even close to where civil war is on the timeline.
>>
>>87741605
>Who also received spinal injuries during a "test flight" in an exosuit?

Iron Man 2 showed that a bunch of people were getting fucked up in knock off iron man suits.
>>
>>87741298
>and did he appear to be exhausted? not really
Time loop dumbass.
>>
>>87736004
>Strange's sister drowns motivating Strange to become a doctor

Apologies /co/, was this from the comics? It would just have complicated the movie more. Deep inside he just wants to help, that was enough.
>>
>>87741563
I was under the impression he was still a novice and not Sorcerer Supreme. Just promoted to New York Sanctum head because the only guy on duty died and Tilda said so.

Why was the Hong Kong Sanctum full of people while the New York one only had that one guy?
>>
>>87741824
Will they rebuild the London one?

And since Tilda is dead and Mordo went rogue, isn't Wong the Sorcerer Supreme now?
>>
>>87741844
Im assuming the position remains vacant for the time being, until Wong teaches Strange more. Right now theres a lot to rebuild, and a lot more to do now that news of The Ancient Ones death has spread throughout the multiverse. Everyone from Shuma Gorath to Mephisto has eyes on Earth now
>>
>>87741563
The movie really should have shown him casting his first successful spell from his point of view.

Maybe same with the cloak putting itself on him, not the aftermath.
>>
File: tumblr_nzceeeol8z1rawmemo2_1280.jpg (648KB, 936x1416px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzceeeol8z1rawmemo2_1280.jpg
648KB, 936x1416px
>>87741787
>Every character has a dead family member to motivate them.
>>
>>87742037
It should have been their "use the Force Luke" or "use the Speed Force Barry" moment

It shouldn't have been off screen
>>
>>87742057
>only people who have a deep relationship with Loss are able to be dedicated
>those who haven't seen or don't care enough about Loss don't matter
This meme has gone too far.
>>
>>87740151
>there's nothing to be gained either,
Not having to listen to a bad "American" accent is to be gained.
>>
File: Symbol of Loss.png (9KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Symbol of Loss.png
9KB, 500x500px
>>87742101
>>87742057
>>
>>87735802
Because channeling magic to heal yourself is stealing. Hence why the basketball guy and the black magician guy are teaming up to fight Strange in movie 2 for some reason.

Since other people brought it up I thought the forced comedy in this movie was abominable. It didn't fucking work at all.
>>
That was a ploy so people wouldn't look too much into Captain Marvel's new origin right after.
>>
>>87739393
Just some other Army Colonel who was paralyzed in a mechanichal suit then?
>>
>>87743013
Probably one of the guys from the Hammer Industries.
>>
>>87743062
That guy killed himself 5 years ago
>>
>>87743062
This cannot be said enough apparently but the movie starts in 2016 and it's neither Rhoades or the Hammer guy. This is confirmed.
>>87742853
Is more likely.
>>
>>87735874
The jokes felt so... cringe-y, yeah. Good movie, good effects, but the humor in this one definitely felt forced.
>>
>>87743122
It's obviously Rhodey
>>
>>87743138
The director said otherwise. It is literally confirmed not to be him. It wasn't even the right branch of military.
>>
>>87743138
Rhodes wasn't in the Marines.
>>
>>87743170
Well, the director is full of shit
>>
>>87742763
That's... Like, incredibly wrong
>>
What I don't get is why was he a target in Winter Soldier?

Did this movie take place sometime before 2014? Do we ever see what year it is in the movie?
>>
>>87743200
Oh, so not only is the director full of shit but the writers got such a simple and important detail wrong. A detail that could of been fixed in less then five minutes in post. Right.
>>
>>87743275
Yep
>>
>>87743264
The algorithm used personal details to predict future threats to Hydra. He was just a world famous surgeon at that time.
>>
>>87743301
Yeah, how would a super good surgeon be a threat? If anything he was a potential asset if some higher up needed surgery.
>>
>>87743320
>Yeah, how would a super good surgeon be a threat? If anything he was a potential asset if some higher up needed surgery.
Because Strange is the type of person who would not submit to Hydra. And he would be a threat if he started working for Hydra's enemies. Since he couldn't be recruited, he is a threat.

Understand that Project Insight was meant to be when Hydra reveal itself to the whole world. Hydra was going to go public. That means they need to kill anyone who would resist.
>>
>>87743320
He's a celebrity that would be completely opposed to the very concept of Hydra. I guess the plan was to go more direct/semi public with their control after all the murder. He'd be a voice against them.
>>
>>87737477
Cutting the tension while cutting the butts.
>>
>>87743200

>the person who DIRECTED the movie is wrong

You are so fucking retarded it hurts.
>>
>>87740188
I loved when the other doctor played this card against him.
>>
>>87743367
What got me more than anything was the showing off/distracting himself. I get that's the point, but holy shit I'd be pissed if I was the guy he was operating on. Dark work leads to dark humor but goddamn.
>>
>>87737822
> not reading in Vincent Price voice
>>
>>87743414
I feel fine
>>
>>87740708
In the case of things like high anxiety, patients will come in about 'small' things and the doctors will get mad at them for wasting time instead of actually diagnosing the anxiety disorder.
>>
>>87736004

Wasn't that some anon writing a detailed headcanon of scenes that in their view would have benefitted the movie?
>>
>>87737147
>but the truth is 90% of people go to medschool because money

Racking up a debt of ~200k grand before even starting.
>>
File: Goblin_Lair.jpg (22KB, 350x250px) Image search: [Google]
Goblin_Lair.jpg
22KB, 350x250px
>>87743013
Rhodey is Air Force, not Army.

For all we know it might've been Quest Aerospace
>>
>>87743548
Yep. But why pay attention to that when you can shitpost.
>>
>>87740510
Oh sweet Jesus.
>>
>>87743013
For one thing, they specifically said "experimental", which doesn't match the suit Rhodey was wearing at the time, the War Machine armor has been field-tested many times by now.
>>
>>87743555
No sweat. Starting salary for doctors is $189,000 a year.
>>
Christine was the best MCU love interest since Peggy.

I was surprised that she was able to see astral forms. Usually that's a sign of latent powers but here I guess not.
>>
>>87743634
I thought it was more that he was projecting himself to her. That's what the broken glass effect around his waist was and why she couldn't see them fighting.

I am all for her getting powers, though.
>>
>>87743626
Drop out and you're fucked. It's a one way street.
>>
>>87743634
She could only see Strange's, and only when he was specifically trying to talk with her. And given that they had dated in the past and were co-workers for a long time, it could be that there was some kind of low-level connection between them that allowed him to manifest to her.

So basically, it could be that she has some level of latent talent, or it could be any number of other reasons, we just know shit all about how that works in MCU.
>>
>>87743626
It's also a really stressful job. I would think that if you're in it just for the money, you'd aim for something like corporate lawyer instead.
>>
>>87743634
since he had to "pull" himself into view i think it's just part of the projection ability, the other guy stayed hidden because he had no reason to appear
>>
>>87737261
>>87737234

He's Mr Fantastic you fucks
>>
>>87743122
If the movie starts in 2016, why was Strange one of the HYDRA targets back in Winter Soldier? he wouldn't have had any powers yet

also it's kinda hard to believe that he'd go from novice to master sorcerer in like 6 months, assuming the movie ends in 2016 too
>>
>>87744111
That's the whole point of Zola's algorithm.
The Ancient One deemed him a master due his natural talent and how he used what little he knew. Think about it , what did he use besides whips, shields, and save scumming? He's nowhere near Sorcerer Supreme at the end.
>>
>>87744111
>If the movie starts in 2016, why was Strange one of the HYDRA targets back in Winter Soldier?
Let's say Hydra wants to kill a super famous politician that won't gel with their plans. Seeing as how that's literally what they were doing with their plan in Winter Soldier in the first place.

Wouldn't it also make sense out take out the doctor most likely to save a high profile target's life?
>>
>>87742206
>symbol of loss
Looks more like the gears of my old car
>>
>>87740510
It always does.
>>
>>87735802

...Sheeeeit. I assumed it was this poor guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_sfC-NrfLI
>>
>>87744283
>Wouldn't it also make sense out take out the doctor most likely to save a high profile target's life?
Pre-Injury Strange would have been destined to be a male Night Nurse if Hydra conquered the world. Night Nurses in Marvel are classified as a type of superhero, just because they heal superheroes.
>>
>>87744111
He didn't become master sorcerer, he only succeeded because he read the instruction manual on the Eye of Agamotto and wasn't afraid to use it.
>>
>>87744771

Maybe that's how you become a master sorceror. Besides - photographic memory. In a discipline which is half knowing what to do and half feeling how to do it, that's a hell of an advantage.
>>
>>87744367
That dude's dead
>>
>>87744792

I want to assure you that that pilot survived!
>>
>>87744367
>...Sheeeeit. I assumed it was this poor guy.
As that clip showed, there were MULTIPLE "poor guys". And there were clearly many more since. Crossbone had a powersuit, and Hydra agents had powersuits in AoU. But basically there are so many poor crippled test pilots, that there is no reason the one mentioned in Strange had anything to do with those we knew directly.
>>
>>87741605
www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/no-war-machine-easter-egg-doctor-strange-says-scott-derrickson
>>
>>87744111
The HYDRA algorithm predicted potential "threats" as much as it targeted current ones. It obviously couldn't have known Strange would end up with wizard powers, but he was a top-of-class genius with all the character faults that could lead to another Stark.

That said, 2016 does not make any sense for the movie. They show the Avengers Tower multiple times and there's no reason to think it was rebuilt after Ultron.
>>
>>87746058
Dude was a self-absorbed surgical jock/medical researcher. Strange probably wouldn't have cared as long as he got his money and praise.
>>
>>87746109
>Dude was a self-absorbed surgical jock/medical researcher. Strange probably wouldn't have cared as long as he got his money and praise.
Strange still has enough morals to didn't want to kill anyone. That's pretty extreme in the morality scale when there are people trying to murder him. Note that in the finale of the film he actually achieved a NEGATIVE body-count. As in, by showing up he actually caused more people to live than before he got there.

Yes, he likes money and fame. But he still is a doctor and takes his job seriously. And more importantly he is rebellious, and would never bend his knee to Hydra. Strange openly defied his Librarian despite threats of violence. He would have defied Hydra too if given the chance.
>>
>>87743170
Who gives a fuck what director said? He's not in charge of the MCU. It's not up to him.
>>
>>87746341
why does it need to be Rhodey then?

The thing we should be arguing is how Thor 2 ended with Loki pretending to be Odin to how in Dr. Strange Thor and Loki are looking for Odin
>>
>>87736116
You've never met Indians, have you?

I'm an Indian, for the record.
>>
>>87746423
What's there to argue about? The scene obviously takes place at some point during Thor 3, like the Ant Man credits took place during Civil War. A scene straight out of it actually.
>>
>>87741787
Yeah.
And then his brother became a vampire.
>>
>>87737632
>If this guy knew about the clowns who are operating on him, he'd faint.
>I think he already did.
>>
>>87746341
You're literally ignoring logic and reason to make it fit. Is this the new
>no magic in MCU
>>
>>87737477
Yeah, at first. It's nice because it shows how good a surgeon he is and how arrogant and petty he can be (cracking jokes at the poor techie). But then there's the super-serious surgery where there's no jokes and he comes off as precise and cold and uncannily skilled. It's a great mixture, I thought.
>>
>>87735802

You'd be doing me a major solid if you stopped trying to force this meme
>>
>>87742763

Did you plug your ears or what? That's not what happened at all
>>
>>87747361
It's literally the same exact logic people use to say that Thor and the Asgardians in the MCU are magic, despite everything official telling them they weren't.
>>
>>87741605
It was a Marine Colonel, not Air Force
>>
File: warmachine_hero.png (272KB, 1178x853px) Image search: [Google]
warmachine_hero.png
272KB, 1178x853px
>>87750328

Actually, it was an Air Force colonel. It's still not Rhodey, but the guy actually does say it's a 35 year old Air Force Colonel in an experimental suit. Which obviously doesn't sound anything like Rhodey.
>>
>>87741787
I don't recall it from the Ditko comics. Though his sister dying did play a part in an animated movie. He tried to save her as a surgeon, failed and that sort of why he became the man he was before losing his hands.
>>
>>87737328
>I FINALLY MADE IT THROUGH MED SCHOOL
>SOMEHOW I MADE IT THROUGH-HOOO
>>
>>87750542
>have that joke this specific right after Civil War
>>everyone everywhere assumes it's Rhodey
>"lol no"

I really don't get their logic.
>>
>>87752093

They're trolling the fanbase. Plebs wouldn't remember that Rhodey's at least in his mid 40s, pilots the same suit he's been using for years, and is a Lt. Col. It trolls the plebs because the more informed people will tell them they're wrong. And it trolls the informed because plebs will be plebs.
Thread posts: 171
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.