[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

zabitur, ged of sped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

So, this happened.

What does /co/ think of the new Savitar?
>>
It's genius in it's simplicity, really.
>>
>>87734684
ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL
>>
>>87734705
How do you mean, anon?
>>
never read a flash comic

never watched the flash tv show

he looks pretty cool, kinda generic alien

I really like the contours and general shape of his head
>>
>>87734897
A lot of people say he looks like Megatron, but all I see is a blue tinted Collector. The comic version looks nothing like this, and is mostly a shirtless man with flowing professional wrestler locks in a goofy headpiece.
>>
>>87735057
Try playing better games
>>
File: Savitar_001.jpg (179KB, 672x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Savitar_001.jpg
179KB, 672x1024px
Definitely an improvement.
>>
>>87735057
I don't see the megatron thing personally he had really weird angles in the movie

this guy is actually pretty simple, mostly diagonals giving his head a nice A wedge shape and his face a nice contrasting V shape

I think it looks pretty good but that's just my uninformed opinion
>>
>>87735057
sometimes the comic version looks like a priest
>>
>>87735107
With his pope robes on, he looks really bad ass. Just give him some clothes underneath instead of being a wrestler and I'd say he'd be good looking.
>>
>>87735057
im like a season behind on flash and just scrolling through i seen the thumbnail and thought it was a transformers thread. anyone who doesn't see megatron is just being a contrarian.
>>
>>87735170
Proof?
>>
Their villain renders are really fucking good for TV cgi
>>
>>87735093
Make me because I'd love free games to play!
>>
It makes no fucking sense and it doesn't belong in the show.

Flash is a campy kind of drama-y show and it works well like that.

All of the villains have been interesting takes on classic outfits made of leather/clothing and still managed to give them a distinct personality, and now in comes Michael bays transformers. GIVE ME THAT CUBE BOY!

Now we have to watch Flash fight bad CGI for the entire season because for whatever reason someone thought this was a great idea.

They should have taken half the money for the CGI and put it into designing an actual costume. Clearly they have real talent for making costumes. I love this show but this was a genuinely bad call and it looks out of place and all around stupid.
>>
>>87735415
Bloodborne ;)
>>
>>87735479
> interesting takes on classic outfits

I can count on one hand the number of villains who wear costumes instead of street clothes, and the majority of them are speedsters like Barry, anyway
>>
>>87735057

They could have made him cool without much effort.

Find a big guy with long hair, give him some shoulder pads with black and gold trim, gold mask like the comics, and then you can tattoo up his body with speed force like design and have the tattoos glow or pulse when he runs, like he's tapping into the speed force directly.

Instead we get Predator.
>>
>>87735590
>>87735479
The reflexive loathing for CGI always cracks me up.
>>
>>87735584

I was mostly talking about the main villains.

Villain of the week doesn't count so much because they weren't planning to spend much time on them anyway.

Also going away from the villain route, look at Killer Frosts Costume, Vibes Costume, Kid Flashes Costume, Jay Garrick's Costume. All of them maybe modernized a bit but overall faithful to the comics.
>>
>>87734684
When I saw the still I thought he looked too much like a bayformer, but after seeing him moving I gotta say that it's not bad at all. He is shaped like a speedster, the GCI is good for TV, he looked cool in action, and he gives this creepy otherwordly vibe that differentiates him from other speedsters.
>>
>>87735619

CGI isn't the problem. It's more so the design of his character. Also you know the CGI is gonna be shit so that doesn't help.
>>
>>87734684
>More speedsters

Decades of material, yet they keep reusing the same stuff.
>>
>>87736693
>>87736693
>be me
>be an avid watcher of The Flash for a few years
>speedster Big Bads are starting to overstay their welcome to be honest
>Third Season
>Dr. Alchemy is main villain w/ a legitimately unique scheme
>get a chance to see Alchemy do a bunch of transmutational shit in a battle with the Flash
>the only speedster villain so far, The Rival, was just a strong henchman
>getting SUPER hyped
>new episode comes out
>Alchemy's fighting style basically amounts to just shooting Flash w/ a vague laser over and over and then gets easily taken out by Joe with a fancy gun
>Savitar appears
>mfw

At least Savitar looks cool . . .
>>
>>87737039
You guys think we'll ever get a season that doesn't have a speedster as the main antagonist?
>>
File: conceeerned.png (92KB, 300x251px) Image search: [Google]
conceeerned.png
92KB, 300x251px
>>87736693
>>
File: 1478570975671.jpg (34KB, 215x292px) Image search: [Google]
1478570975671.jpg
34KB, 215x292px
>tfw Alchemy didn't do some edward elric shit outta nowhere and ass fuck the whole squad to death
>>
File: 1478897751165.jpg (431KB, 1821x1369px) Image search: [Google]
1478897751165.jpg
431KB, 1821x1369px
>>87737260
MY BOIIIIIIII
>>
>>87737083
No.
>>
>>87737260
They had a perfect opportunity, and then they just speedstered it up . . .
RIP in Peace
>>
>>87737039

>At least Savitar looks cool . . .

Get out.
>>
>>87737736
eat my chode, scrub
>>
>>87734684
terrible. if they were gonna go with a cgi villain for the season, then you already have a great option in fucking Grodd. but i guess creating a realistic looking gorilla cgi is more costly than some transformers reject.
>>
>>87737039
I find it interesting that Alchemy at first seemed to be some kind of reality warper (the glass writing, Rival's death) but he's really just a guy with a powerful weapon who knows how to use it effectively.

Also, Alchemy will be the villain for the rest of the first half of S3; Savitar will be the villain for the second half.
>>
>>87738792
At least Grodd's been confirmed to appear this season.
>>
>>87734684
I like him.

They took the "villain is faster than Flash" thing to its logical extreme; he's so fucking fast he might as well be a teleporter.
>>
>>87735619
What is this, a Star Wars thread? You do realize that the CGI in Flash has always been bad, and they should use it sparingly for that very same reason, right? It has nothing to do with "muh practical effects" and all to do with the fact they don't have enough budget for convincing CGI.
>>
>>87739548
> just a guy with a powerful weapon who knows how to use it effectively.

The lack of FMA-ing proves that sentiment wrong.
>>
It's not like previous main antagonists looked good.
>Flash suit but yellow and with a cheesy blur
>Flash suit but blue and with a mask that looks like a slasher flick reject
Alchemy is the only one with a passable desigb and he's just a slightly tweaked plague doctor.
>>
>>87741159
*design
>>
>>87741159

Zoom looked pretty good, and the CGI they used to make his mask mouth move was subtly well-done.

Savitar looks fine and I like the idea of Flash villains who look more overtly alien, but I just can't give a shit about another speedster. We could have had reality-warping Jigsaw and we have this instead.

At this point I'll take the goddamn Man-Eating Cow from The Tick as the lead antagonist over another fucking speedster.
>>
>>87735244
I don't see it because I'm not enough of a masochist to watch Transformers movies.
>>
>>87735107
> 90's

Found the problem.
>>
>>87735332
Yeah. The only one that really looked out of place was super nazi but that was likely because it was mostly human, which we would be the most sensitive to imperfection wise.

They need more facial & muscle animations, though. Still, not complaining.
>>
do you think they'll end the show when they run out of evil speedsters to be the main villain? or will they start making up new ones?
>>
>>87739548
With the dreams and jewel I thought he was pretty close to Dr. Destiny.
>>
>>87743338
well they still have God Speed, and I could see them introducing a version of Black Racer as well
>>
>>87741589
Now that I look at it I think I was too harsh about Zoom's design. It's not as bad as I remember it.
Reverse-Flash and that stupid blur with glowing red eyes still looked stupid in my opinion.
>>
>>87743422
They forgot Thawne's eyes glowed red

They forgot Zoom's eyes glowed blue
>>
>>87737083
No. which is hilarious, because it honestly would not have been hard at all.

>Season 1
>Introduce key rogues like Cold, Mirror Master, Heatwave, and Trickster, but the main baddie is Reverse Flash. Also plant seeds for later villains like Grodd

>Season 2
>Introduce more one off rogues, with Cold in the background almost like a Nick Fury figure.
>Cold is technically the main villain, but in reality it's the Rogues.

>Season 3
>Get a bit more scifi with the elements
>Introduce Jay Garrick into the story
>Introduce a very primitive Gorilla City, but the separated and broken Rogues play a part
>Gorilla Grodd is the main villain, who is so dangerous it takes two Flashes to win

>Season 4
>Now start to dabble a little more with time and dimensions
>Start building up Wally with hints of him becoming Kid Flash
>Main villain is the Rival, with elements of Savitar and Cobalt Blue in there
>A new form of the Rogues is formed
>Hint at the return of the Reverse Flash
>Barry is getting married

And so on
>>
>>87743483
Zoom's eyes at least looked good for CW standards.
Reverse-Flash/Thawne looked like something out of 2000. Which is a shame, because the moment Oliver depowered him his costume looked pretty cool. I wish they just found a better way to conceal his identity than that bad CGI.
>>
>>87743338
I just want atleast 3 episodes of "The Human Race" arc, it would be a change at even at it's goodifiness it's one of my favorite Flash stories
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.