[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't like "mantles"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (122KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 791x1200px
Apologies in advance for blog post
I don't really like the excuse for making a hero take up another's mantl whether they are changed to be a girl, boy, gay, black, or white. Is it so hard to just think of a name that kind of resembles or has commonalities of the hero they are based on. The only time I like this is the time it makes the least amount of sense, Jane Foster Thor, Thor's name is Thor Odinson but people still refer to her as Thor or Girl Thor. (It may be easier to just call her Thor) Its ok if the hero dies and they are a successor but It pisses me off if they are still alive and there's literally just two or more of them. A good example is Night wing or Red Robin they are basically the same character but have at least enough differences to make them distinguishable from one another.
I just really don't like how there's two Spider-Man, Miles will always be in Peters shadow, and he's just been reduced to "black Spider-Man". X23 becoming wolverine is cool because Logan is just fucking done, her (in her world) Wolverine is dead and they are technically brother and sister. I just think it's a really easy thing to fuck up.

On a side note read all of
Old Man Logan
>>
Nice blog /pol/. You definitely said some new insightful things.

Sage.
>>
Is /pol/ trying to subtly raid today, is this a post-Trump spillover or is it just one anon?
>>
>>87730804
For me is pretty strange thar Rori is Ironman...at least call her Ironwoman or Irongirl
>>
>>87732632
>>87732659
How is this even /pol/? People have complained about this since the beginning of "successors." I'm sure people were mad about the second Blue Beetle and Dr. Mid-Nite when they first came out too.

Or did the word "gay" trigger a spam bot?
>>
>>87732659

Like hell it's subtle, and far from the end of it.
>>
Thor is about the hammer.

>>87732659

subtly?

>>87732683

she's gonna be Ironheart as far as i know
>>
>>87732683
I thought she was Ironheart and Doom was Iron Man?
>>
>>87732659
go back to your safe space you babby
>>
>>87730804
>Its ok if the hero dies and they are a successor but It pisses me off if they are still alive and there's literally just two or more of them.
What's your opinion on Rebirth Wally West?

Also, come back when you can spell.
>>
>>87732683
> Ironwoman or Irongirl
That's a command anon. You can't say Iron Woman without the "make me a sandwich" trigger
>>
Op, I'm not trying to incite anything, all I'm saying is that a hero should have their own identity, they should not have to leech off of someone else's identity.
>>
File: image.jpg (137KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137KB, 572x303px
>>87732922
Man I don't even know where to be begin, it didn't doesn't upset me because they are technically the same person
>>
>>87733053
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I get it, Trump won! Do you have to keep rubbing it in?

Geez, back to /pol/ already!
>>
Op again, don't let this thread to derail into something it is not. I just want anons to share there opinions on heroes becoming successors and whether or not it hurts their popularity in the long run by just being a copy
>>
>>87733229
Im so confused, am I being meme'd right now
>>
>>87733348
yes
>>
>>87733191
>Man I don't even know where to be begin, it didn't doesn't upset me because they are technically the same person
What
>>
File: 1466924684295.jpg (18KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1466924684295.jpg
18KB, 320x320px
It pisses me off as well. I feel like Marvel is trying to sort of have its cake and eat it too. They want to have these legacy characters and make a real big deal about how 'new' and 'progressive' they are.
And you know what, that'd be fine. I actually really like Miles, Kamala, Sam and Cho as characters. The problem is that the impact of replacing a big name hero like Spider-Man is that they don't want to risk mad bank by actually benching Peter, so the whole 'passing the torch' thing becomes irrelevant and meaningless. If you're gonna have a new Spider-Man, fucking do it. Fucking commit to that shit. Don't just say 'oh there are two now lol' and pretend that's okay. Every single superhero NEEDS their own identity, otherwise it gets confusing and people stop caring. Sam Wilson wasn't Cap for like five seconds before they brought back Steve, like why did you even give him the mantle in the first place? Just make Falcon the leader of the Avengers if you want to that bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 813x428px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 813x428px
>>87733429
There are two Wally Wests
1 black 1 white
>>
>>87733511
No, I'm talking about him being the Flash and Barry being the Flash also.
>>
>>87730804
at first i read the title as "i donĀ“t like manlets" and i thought, when co/ beocme fit/?
>>
>>87733544
Wally always becomes the flash because Barry always eats shit, I just thought it was funny
>>
>>87732901
Iron heart sounds pretty cool
>>
>>87730804
Congratulations, you've managed to repeat an opinion that's been echoed around here for months on end. Do you want an award or what?
>>
>>87734001
at least I'm talking about comics
>>
Fuck off /pol/. Saged.
>>
What about Wally as flash? Or Dick as Batman?
>>
>>87733593
I came here to post this. Glad I wasn't the only one.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.