[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could you agree?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

Could you agree?
>>
I could but i dont to
>>
Crappy animated Gays Fighting?

Yeah sure.
>>
This is precisely the best way to describe Steven Universe.

The rich storytelling of Madoka Magica, the quirky but overall compelling characters of Adventure Time, and the incredible action of DBZ.

If SU doesn't win an Emmy then there's something wrong with the system.
>>
>>87727650
No wonder why it doesnt make any sense, isnt at all original and panders to tumblr-tots.

Its a bad show.
>>
>>87728043
Steven Universe is the most entry level "Muh lore" show I have ever seen.

If you seriously have trouble following it, and think it doesn't make sense, you might be retarded
>>
>>87727650

Why Madoka? If you want magical girls and lesbians Sailor Moon also fits. It fits even better because is a slice of life as well.
>>
>>87727703
>and the incredible action of DBZ.
i`m not so sure about this one
>>
>>87727650
>>87728217
yeah SU really isn't like madoka at all. Madoka uses magic girl genre as a bait n switch while Steven Universe is magic girl genre played mostly straight (with male lead instead). Also I don't see the DBZ at all. I'd really just call the AT + SM + MAAAYBE Eva because they have similar levels of melodrama.
>>
>>87727650
No, Madoka is a weird choice over Sailor Moon where Reb Sucrose stole most of her inspiration from.

There isn't enough fighting for DBZ.

Adventure time, sure whatever
>>
>>87728217
>girls actual bodies are just husks, and their life actually comes from their gem/soul gem
>Main enemies are "corrupted" versions of other magical girls
>the magical girls are made by aliens with the intent to harvest earth for its resources
>General overarching theme of "Dont fuck with things from space"
>>
>>87728274
The influence is really apparen't. There are much more parallels with Madoka than any other magical girl show
>>
>>87727650
Replace Madoka with Sailor Moon as people have said, then you have it.
>>
>>87728311
Why sailor Moon?
>>
>>87728264
>Also I don't see the DBZ

It's the alien theme.
>>
>>87728160
Oh the lore is fucking borderline "typical alien harvesting" stick. The pacing however baffles me.

Durh lets have about 10 episodes which could be considered anything which progresses the story, 10 episodes for character building and then 100 filler episodes.

Everything feels bland as hell.
>>
>>87727650
One of the SU writers (outline writer matt burnett) stated that they (specifically themselves, not the crew in general) never heard of madoka until people started drawing comparisons
>>
>>87727703
>rich storytelling
>Steven Universe
The story is fucking terrible its a generic LE ALIEN REBELLION plot.
>>
>>87727650
this wrong.

steven universe is actually tumblr: the series
>>
https://youtu.be/67xFiC_O790

Do people really not see the dragon ball comparisons? It practically shoves it in your face
>>
>>87728358
It's simply too many coincidences. Somebody who makes major decisions had to have seen madoka
>>87728274
>>
>>87727650
>The character development of DBZ
>The Animation quality of Adventure Time
>The appeal to sexual deviants of Madoka Magica

Yep, I see it!
>>
File: q4tbPps8.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
q4tbPps8.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>87727650
I dont get why /co/ loves that show.

I remember getting to the episodes where Steven and Amethyst fuse and just being so bored with how formulaic the character development is.

In 100 episodes, I would at least expected something of value to happen, For fucks sake, the destruction of earth happened in only one episode, which felt like a fucking fart in the wind in comparison to other episodes like jailbreak.

The characters is the only thing I liked about it, and even then its above average.
>>
File: IMG_5883.jpg (169KB, 466x379px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5883.jpg
169KB, 466x379px
>>87727703
>Steven Universe
>rich storytelling
>compelling characters
>incredible action
This is some Olympics-level mental gymnastics, I'm also an SU fag, but I'm not that delusional to think that this show is the greatest thing in existence.

Rich storytelling? Hinting at something at the start of the show, having 10-15 filler episodes, and then continuing the story ever-so-slowly isn't considered rich storytelling. This is amateur fanfic-level of writing, there's zero consistency between the daily life of Steven and his big adventures, he nearly gets killed in space in one day and then the next day he's super cheery about donuts.

Compelling characters? My favorite character is Peridot, but she turned from an overworked dork into a literal meme character. Pearl is 80% Muh Rose, even her latest progression was about moving on from Rose and dating someone else, but she only fell for her because she looks like Rose. Garnet no longer exists as a Mama Bear who kicks ass, she's now Fusion the Character, that's how her character devolved into. Amethyst's character is now all about how she's a worthless loser of a slob, that's it, it's the only thing that is discussed about her character.

Incredible action of DBZ? LOL, you either have no idea what DBZ is or you never watched it then, DBZ's action is more tactical and impactful, this is what's great about DBZ, it delivers the impact of hits perfectly and always has control of the tension.

Steven Universe, on the other hand, is absolute garbage in this scenario. It's painfully slow, you don't feel any of the hits land, it rips off scenes frame by frame from obscure animes the animators saw as kids, and the only decent action scene was for a training phase for a lame-ass character done by a guest animator from Trigger.

>if my favorite show doesn't win, it's not because there are better pieces of media, it's because the system must be rigged
Yeah no, grow the fuck up. Take your (You) and leave.
>>
>>87728562
>I dont get why /co/ loves that show.
because /co/mlr
>>
>>87728858
Don't delude yourself.

They saw it for the waifus and stayed because the show is kind of watchable, not a masterpiece, but it gives you some things to talk about on this board.
>>
>>87728264
>I don't see the DBZ at all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQJhucmYKYw
>>
Replace Adventure Time with Utena and Sailor Moon.
>>
>>87728811
Maybe if they didn't subscribe to that 11-minut episodic cancer that Adventure Time spawned it could actually be a good show.
>>
File: YExKnLt.png (621KB, 1171x498px)
YExKnLt.png
621KB, 1171x498px
>>87727650
Not quite.
>>
>>87729298
Yes, it's obvious they didn't want to make the pacing feel unnaturally fast, so they sacrificed some scenes and ideas that would've complimented the episodes handsomely.

I'd rather have that than something with no breather, but lord, it still hits the quality of the story hard.
>>
>>87727650
Steven Universe is overrated.
I watched the show, it was fine but I don't get the huge and enormous fandom.
>>
>>87728811
You don't really sound like a SUfag to be honest.
>>
>>87730830
Because it has a unique premise and interesting, likable characters.
>>
>>87730830
>>87731058
Actually, it's more like, on cartoon Network, this is the closest to an 'action' show, or even a 'serious' one, aside from Adventure Time.
>>
> "SU IS OVERRATED!!"
>"SU IS SHIT!!"
> "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!!!!"

Why must every Steven Universe thread be filled with these faggots
>>
>>87731240
But they are all true, why must you be filled with faggotry?
>>
It's just Transformers for queer people
>>
I´ve been watching SU for a while now, and while I consider it a pretty good show, even great at certain points, I just can´t get to establish a real connection with it.
The animation is okay and while the characters are pretty deep and interesting, at least for a what's originally meant to to a children's cartoon, but they just don´t grab me. I, for example, adored the characters from WOY. Those did leave an impact on me and got me much more interested. The lore doesn´t fascinate me that much either, and the action is generic at best.
It's a good cartoon, but definetly not one of my favorites. I've watched it in its entirety and plan to keep watching it, but I am just not that into it.
>>
>>87731745
How far are you?
>>
>>87728811
> it delivers the impact of hits perfectly and always has control of the tension.

i hate when people unnecessarily exaggerate when their point would be perfectly valid if they just stuck to the facts.

DBZ has better fight scenes, yes, but there are plenty of times when the animation dips to the point where the impacts become dulled

'tension' is super subjective so i won't even touch that one
>>
>>87727650
>>87728274
Y'know what SU is really like? Modern Transformers.
>Non organic Aliens
>They fight a civil war on earth
>Said war is concerned with resources
>They've have to deal with a functionist caste system in their society
>They're visible forms are actually husks that encase their true non-anthropomorphised selves
>Are basically immortal and van live for millennia and take a lot of hits
>Able to fuse into a larger being
>Confusing gender thing that's best left alone
>The heroes live around humans
>The fans are very into gay shipping and the creators like to pander to it.
>>
>>87727703
>If SU doesn't win an Emmy then there's something wrong with the system.
I'll start literally shaking if this happens! ITS JUST LIKE WHEN /ourgirl/ HILLARY LOST TO DRUMPF!!!
>>
>>87730830
>SU
>Overrated
Maybe on the rest of the internet but it's hated by absolutely everyone on /co/
>>
>>87729335
That's not bad.
>>
>>87734964
Vocal minority. Strawpolls have shown that only a very small group has negative opinions on the show
>>
>>87735139
This. The hater parasites will move on eventually and we'll actually be able to talk about Steven Universe in peace (which is good because there is a LOT of discussion that gets drowned out thanks to "MUH TUMBLR UNIVERSE" jackasses, since it's apparently a crime to talk about a cartoon on a cartoon board).
>>
>>87727650
For the most part, yes. But i'm not sure why the Dragon Ball Z comparison. I love Su, but even i admit the fight scenes are not the show's strong point.
>>
>>87729298
Bismuth is pretty good proof of this.
This kind of show really needs more time for their episodes, otherwise it'll just have more chances to fall flat on its face.
>>
>>87732970
Hilarious and original.
>>
>>87735215
the haters get drowned out immediately when /sug/ comes back, they're just more noticeable now because there's actually not that many people who want to talk about the show this late in hiatus
>>
>>87729298
They stated they did it so that the show could be board driven in writing and that would be unfeasable for a 22-minute show (backed up by statements both Alex Hirsch and JG quintel had made in a podcast a few years back, explaining why GF was script driven)
>>
File: 1404049203669.gif (588KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
1404049203669.gif
588KB, 500x369px
>>87735613
>I love Su, but even i admit the fight scenes are not the show's strong point.
Neither is it Dragonball's.
>>
>>87732970
It's funny, if Trump had been the one to win the popular vote by one million people while losing the electoral college, you would have written this post about him deserving the win unironically.
>>
>>87731011
Well yeah, I don't spam poil waifu memes or whatnot, but someone watching and keeping up with the show is considered an SUfag around here.
>>
File: 1468957857393.png (521KB, 670x539px) Image search: [Google]
1468957857393.png
521KB, 670x539px
>>87727703
>and the incredible action of DBZ
>>
>>87727650
>Stupid drama of meguka
>Retarded shit that ruined AT (GENDER AND RELATIONSHIPS HURR)
>Filler of DBZ (Except for the lack of an episode where the gems learn to Drive)
It's still okay though, except for Sadie's song, jesus fuck that was a horrible episode
>>
File: topkek.png (803KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
topkek.png
803KB, 600x600px
>>87727703
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0
>>
>>87727703

That's some fantastic trolling. Masterful and subtle just the way it should be. 10/10.
>>
>>87731058
>Unique premise

Not really.
>>
>>87732512
It's like transformers.
But shitter, and even worse animation than the original series.
And somehow even more creatively bankrupt despite Transformers being made to sale literal toys,
>>
File: NuttedButSheStillSucking.jpg (44KB, 751x556px) Image search: [Google]
NuttedButSheStillSucking.jpg
44KB, 751x556px
>>87727703
>incredible action of dbz

It's honestly a travesty that DBZ gets mentioned with this fucking shit show because sug is such a weeb piece of trash.
>>
>>87731240
The only faggots in SU threads are the ones who like it.
>>
File: u_wot.png (244KB, 272x418px) Image search: [Google]
u_wot.png
244KB, 272x418px
> /co/ still replies to obvious false flags

not even v falls for shit this obvious nowadays.
>>
File: 1468212647823.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468212647823.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>87727703
I know the post is bait but the fact there are people out there who thinks this, make me wanna blow up the earth.
>>
>>87727650
Fuck that.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.