[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

YOU FOOLS! YOU MESSED WITH THE NATURAL ORDER!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: mordo.jpg (20KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
mordo.jpg
20KB, 620x470px
YOU FOOLS!
YOU MESSED WITH THE NATURAL ORDER!
>>
I can't wait til Brother Voodoo replaces him!
>>
>>87715038
What do you mean, replaces him as Strange's Black sidekick?
>>
And thus our story ends. If you've been paying attention it's because you're a nerd with nothing better to do. And what of Mordo you ask? Well, he got himself a new mission...
>Too many sorcerers.
And what of everyone else? Who cares, they bore the snot out of me.

THE END
>>
>>87715012
Well name something man made that doesn't. We fucked evolution centries ago and now we a fucking it for other animals too. Pandas may be natures cuddly retard but it will exist far longer now then ever naturally would have.
>>
File: biggering.png (370KB, 700x422px) Image search: [Google]
biggering.png
370KB, 700x422px
>>87715012
His acting was really good. Like almost too good to the point where it was kind of distracting, especially in that scene right after Strange defeats the zealot. Everyone else seemed kind of in the Marvel-quip feel but he was really in that shit.
>>
I was very impressed that the movie gave me a Mordo I actually give a fuck about.

Also, I wonder if this is gonna take the rules established in the Sise-neg arc of the comics where magic power is finite and less magicians=more power.
>>
>>87715189
pandas only still exist because they are the face of a charity/corporation/china
>>
>>87715012
Oh fuck, you're right. Sorry man.

Instead of reversing time, we should have let Dormammu enter our world form the Dark Dimension. As is the natural order.
>>
>>87715038
Didn't they kill him in the Bleeker Street foyer?
>>
>be a wizard capable of amazing things that already was messing with reality as is.

He didn't seem to mind using those double jump boots and stick whip thingy.
>>
>>87715297
I think it was more building off the Ancient One's Dark Dimensioning.

All she needed to do was to say "Yeah, I used the Dark Dimension to keep this planet under my protection and you know what, it fucking sucked. I've been dealing with bullshit for like 1000 years now, that's why I don't recommend it to anyone else."
>>
>>87715371
Daniel Drumm, not Jericho.
>>
>>87715276
Of course, they wouldn't be in trouble to begin with if it weren't for humans fucking up their ecosystem and whatnot.
>>
>>87715181
Alas, poor Pangborn, destined to never run again down the ebony expanse of the basketball court! A doomed husk of a sorcerer. Do not cry for him!

DO NOT CRY!
>>
>>87715390
For that matter, what exactly does that thing have to do with the Living Tribunal?
>>
>>87715371
No they killed his brother.
>>
>>87715415
Nah, they have shit libidos and would have died out eventually.
>>
>>87715428
Pretty sure it's just a reference
>>
File: 1312925490504.png (193KB, 552x317px) Image search: [Google]
1312925490504.png
193KB, 552x317px
This after credits scene basically ruined the movie for me
>day is saved
>sniff sniff b-but you guys CHEATED
>runs away
>shame on you for using magic to not be cripple
>ha I just took away your magic and you can't walk anymore
>ok bye
Shit "villain" who just threw a temper tantrum over how self righteous he is

All the other wizards should pummel him with wizard dodge balls
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6-FoTyJPTw
>>
>>87715475
No, they wouldn't have. None of the supposed "evolutionary problems" that pandas have are unique to them and before their ecosystem got fucked up they had a very healthy population.
>>
>>87715012
Question: Is there any more explicit background on Mordo from extra-movie material?

Was he like a child soldier or something?
>>
>>87715478
I'm just saying, you name a thing after an entity like that and it needs to have some oomph. Like you smack a dude and it instantly teleports him right in front of the guy to be judged or something.

Wong's Wand of Watoomb didn't seem to do a damn thing either. The only really powerful artifacts we see are the cape and the magic Saw trap, and even then they don't do all that much.

I liked the movie, but the NY Sanctum fight with all the destroyed statues and shit should have just been dealing with the aftereffects of what happens when you destroy a random artifact in one of the four largest collections of magical shit on Earth.
>>
>>87715500
>I am literally against natural selection
inb4 you say anything about human involvement in the environment being "not natural"
>>
>>87715524
There's a prelude comic They released that has Mordo in it, but mostly it focuses on Kaecilius.
>>
>>87715189
>We fucked evolution centries ago
Evolution continues to fuck us back. I doubt anyone weighed 300 pounds back in the 1700s.
>>
>>87715579
So, humans wiping out species is "natural selection" but humans taking steps to preserve a species isn't?
>>
>>87715486
Do you even know comic Mordo?
>>
>>87715486
He was a violent bastard before he came to Kamar-Taj and the structure The Ancient One provided was a constructive outlet for that. His motives are dumb because they're probably just an excuse he's really just looking for a reason to go on a rampage again now that that structure's been removed.
>>
>>87715684
This.

I explained comic Mordo to my bud as "the retard toddler the Ancient One keeps around because if he's left alone he'll burn the whole damn house down"
>>
File: destroy us all.gif (269KB, 181x200px) Image search: [Google]
destroy us all.gif
269KB, 181x200px
>>87715012
DORMAMMU!
DOR-MA-MMU!
DORMA-MMU!
DOR-MAMMU!
DORMAMMU!
I'll have the chicken.
DORMAMMU!!!!!
>>
>>87715698
>>87715719
Fact is no one should have been surprised by Mordos heel-turn, and he was given an arc that supported his falling out. Now he wants to be THE sorcerer, shedding blood with no hesitation. Only question now is will he channel Dormammu for more power
>>
>>87715788
>Only question now is will he channel Dormammu for more power
Only if something really corrupts him, considering The Ancient One channeling the Dark Dimension's power was one of the things that made him turn away. That might be a good opportunity for Strange to tell him to look what he's become later on though. Mordo ends up betraying everything he one stood for.
>>
>>87715661
In the same way ants cultivate aphids, humans can cultivate whatever species we want, even if it's just for shits and gigs.
>>
>>87715845
It may be a good arc for Strange to start channeling other beings in the sequel. Like hes afraid of going down a dark path, trusting these otherworldly beings, but in the end accepting that even as Sorcerer Supreme he cannot do things alone. Maybe throw in Eternity or Infinity. Would be a good way to start using incantations too
>>
>>87715893
The first thing we need is more Vishanti ties. I can't believe they went the whole movie showing the Vishanti seal, putting it on the Eye of Agamotto, acknowledging they draw power from other dimensions, and even mentioning Agamotto himself, and yet they never actually acknowledged what the Vishanti were, or the Ancient One and Strange drawing on their power. As good as the Ancient One's death scene was, I really think they messed up killing her in the first movie.
>>
>>87716038
I agree with you there. They also needed a scene where she justified her use of Dormammu power and the price she paid for it. It was implied that those centuries were largely spent suffering for the greater good, but still.
>>
IMPORTANT
COMMERCIAL
MEEESSSAAAAGGE
>>
>>87715788
>Only question now is will he channel Dormammu for more power

I prefer this as a potential plot:

Infinity War:
>Thanos is using the Time Stone to make it impossible for the Avengers to fight him during Infinity War
>Strange, desperate, approaches Dormammu and asks for his help
>Strange enters a contract with Dormammu, asking for the Avengers to be granted immunity from time, just as Dormammu himself has
>Dormammu gloats and grants Strange his request, giving the Avengers a way to deal with one of the stones

Doctor Strange 2:
>Stephen is spending the movie trying to deal with new mystical threats and break his contract with Dormammu
>encounters Mordo, who learns that Strange helped save Earth by giving himself over to Dormammu
>Mordo points out the depths Strange has sank to, entering a contract just as the Ancient One did, and restates his resolve to never do such a thing himself

Then the conflict can become chaotic good vs. lawful evil.
>>
>>87715420
>Hey Pangborn, where'd you get the ability to walk again?
>From an androgynous bald monk and it's African manservant, why do you ask?
>>
>>87715012
>And so they used a series of dumb gags to make Mandy laugh and smile. Let's watch a clip
>WATCH A CLIP!
>>
>>87716654
>And so throughout the months, Strange used a tried of dumb gags to make Wong smile. Let's watch a montage
>WATCH A MONTAGE!
>>
>>87716363
>and restates his resolve to never do such a thing himself
Then in the next movie Shuma dupes him and uses him as a meat puppet
>>
>>87715239

Yeah surprised Marvel didn't get him for T'Challa after 12 Years a Slave.
>>
>>87715239
He's always been a good actor with the capability to take something silly seriously.

He was great in Serenity. Absolute standout.
>>
File: tumblr_ogjmmk0DkK1vxezx2o1_1280.png (1MB, 1000x701px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogjmmk0DkK1vxezx2o1_1280.png
1MB, 1000x701px
>>87715012
I like that they set him up like Loki, seems less interesting though. Will he be plain evil from now on with no regrets?
>>
>>87717418
If anything, he'll be their Sinestro.
>>
>>87716038
The Vishanti in the MCU might be just Agamotto.
>>
>>87717471
Mordo doesn't seem like the kind of guy that enjoys what he does, he's too serious. Sinestro has always been a bit of a snarky moustache twirler which I think is more fun to watch.

Hopefully the actor will give him some charisma. I think he had that one wifi joke and that was it, not as sassy as Loki either.
>>
> Mordo tries to take Wanda's power.
> Gets raped hard and corrupted by Chthon.

One can dream, I guess.
>>
>>87715189
Pandas are vicious and evil
>>
>>87715428
The fact Mordo uses it means he's Living Tribunal's bitch. It means he serves LT's agenda.

Same as if you see someone using the Darkhold or Serpent's Crown, you know they are just the bitches of ancient beings.
>>
>>87716654
>And so Strange used a string of suicides to convince Dormammu to leave Earth by weirding him out. Let's watch a snuff montage
>WATCH A SNUFF MONTAGE!
>>
>>87717613
Maybe, but notably, there were 3 sanctums, each with a different symbol, with the New York one bearing the same symbol as the Eye of Agamotto. Maybe in the MCU the other two symbols are for Hoggoth and Oshtur.
>>
>>87717418
He doesn't think he's evil, just that he's following a higher law. Hopefully, his actions will be relatively consistent with that.
>>
The Living Tribunal would be Pro-Accords and would regard Spiderman and Captain America with contempt.
>>
File: 1477257497526.jpg (21KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1477257497526.jpg
21KB, 500x375px
>>87715012

I feel like nobody got the end-of-credits scene because they really glossed over his backstory in the movie. Sure it was hinted at but not nearly enough. And I feel like they could've done that really well with an actor of that caliber.

They ended up tacking on a scene that just completely confused the audience.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.