[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Try me, Beyonce!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

Try me, Beyonce!
>>
Did /co/ like this movie? The discussion on /tv/ has been polluted by Disney shills. I thought it was fairly lame in terms of characterization and dialouge.
>>
>>87701663
>Disney shills
All positive opinions come from shills now? That kind of thinking is not going to lead to discussion of any kind.
>>
>>87701702
Not him, nor do I ever go to /tv/, but how bad is the discussion over there? I thought the movie was a fine adaptation, save for a couple of nitpicks (no incantations, and no introduction to the Vishanti). The gloves part did got fixed in the midcredits scene, though. Which is cool. And the cape being far more sentient than in the comics? I think fun times are ahead.
>>
The "jokes" were so out of place in this movie. I usually like Marvel's brand of humor but this felt like the script was already done and some exec went "not enough of that Marvel humor!" and hired someone to shoehorn in jokes.

That part with the cape keeping Strange from the axe was so out of place and broke the flow of the fight.
>>
>>87701677
I thought it was alright. The film is carried by it's visuals because its story is incredibly generic and underwritten. It felt like they wanted to hit all the main points of a generic superhero origin/Marvel flick without doing the footwork to get there. The film is under 2 hours long.

Ironically this does make it better on rewatches because it gets to the parts you want to see quickly. And it has some pretty neat context to some scenes especially the opening one.

>The Ancient One is wearing a hood because she's channeling the Dark Dimmesion and has to hide Dormmamu's mark on her head.
>Kacellius calls her a "hypocrite" when he sees her bend reality which is a power you get from the Dark Dimension
>When Kacellius and his goons are running away from her they get stopped by a mirror like effect. At first I thought it was just a cool visual but actually it was the Ancient One transporting them to the Mirror Dimension to amplify her powers and keep civilians safe
>After the fight the Ancient One opens a portal and walks through it. She is exiting the Mirror Dimension.

Pretty fucking kino.
>>
>>87702973
Most of the humor was added in reshoots.
>>
Dormammu, I've come to bargain.
>>
>>87703056
What do you think of Night Nurse being in the movie?
>>
>>87703174
Didn't care for her. Another generic love interest that will be dropped.
>>
>>87703366
Yeah. If they make a sequel, I'd like it better if they dropped her and introduced Clea instead.
There are enough heroes with civilian GFs already.
>>
>>87703072
LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE BOOMERANG
>>
>>87703491
Clea will be an extraordimensional entity like Dormammu. She'll need to inhabit Rachel McAdams' body in order to exist in the motel realm. Bam, the circle has been squared.
>>
>>87703056
>>87702973
these seem to hit the main points.

The only joke that worked well enough to me was the whole "wi-fi password", though I think for that they could have dropped the "we're not savages"

Oh, also the "I know, bending laws of nature" "Well, don't stop now." bit.

Also, if you ask me, the way Dorammu was stopped was pretty amazingly clever, and I do like how Strange isn't named 'Sorcerer Supreme' and the movie does end showing he has a lot of room for growth but really does show potential.
>>
>>87703491
do you know what sequel needs?

SHUMA-GORATH!

i wanna see that thing in a live action movie.
>>
If you ask me the movie's greatest failing is that they did a pretty shit job of portraying a being existing outside of time. But I really wasn't expecting a Marvel movie to actually get that right so eh.
>>
>>87703634
>Also, if you ask me, the way Dorammu was stopped was pretty amazingly clever

Gotta agree, but im also a complete sucker for 'outwit the demon' conclusions.
>>
>>87704780
The world is not ready for Shuma
>>
>>87705067
Japan might be.
>>
>>87705067

I dont think MCU is.

I mean isnt shuma so powerful that if he so much even enter our universe that entire galaxy's would be fucked before they can even begin to stop him?
>>
>>87702973
The joke itself wasn't bad, it was just five times longer than it needed to be
>>
>>87703056
They were also telegraphing the time thing a lot which made me wonder if the time gem was going to be used and then it turns out it was the eye of agamotto.

Also thing I missed in the first viewing was Mordo using the Staff of the Living Tribunal, I couldn't hear what it was the first time because of this kid screaming.
>>
>>87701663
So here is what I don't get. Dormammu is a multi-dimensional conqueror, right?

Does this mean this is the same Dormammu as the comics one? I mean, I don't think multi-dimensional beings have alternate universe versions of themselves, right?
>>
>>87701663
Is it time for the bargain sale?
>>
>>87703072
Okay, I haven't seen the movie, but I understand that Strange visits Dormammu.

Why is it such a meme, if forced? Is there something inherently funny about the scene in the same way that the opening of DKR became a meme?
>>
>>87705559
He says it and is then killed by Dormammu 10 times or more. It was good scene, but that's kind of funny.
>>
>>87701677
Just saw it today. It was pretty great except when it tried to be funny.
>>
>>87702973
This is my main complaint. Most Marvel movies feel like they have to have the same witty tone and feel very safe. Wife they would take more risk
>>
>>87705588
Ehh, probably. Maybe it works better if I actually saw it.
>>
>>87703072
Agency, I've come to file a flight plan!

>>87705559
I don't know why it's forced. The line gets repeated in the film and that might be all it takes to start this shit up these days. On the other hand it could be 'marketing'. It's nothing like the lighting in a bottle that was DKR
>>
>>87705559
It's a time loop to make Dormammu ragequit. It happens several times onscreen but probably happened thousands of times.
>>
>>87705823
It's forced because forcing it is the actual meme. The line itself could be anything. Saying it over and over again is the point.
>>
>>87705868
No I get that spamming it in threads is 'funny', believe me. But you can do that with anything. That it was this line and from this film would be arbitrary (if we assume there's not an individual autist forcing it or the mouse trying to mirror DKR hype).
>>
>>87705905
>No I get that spamming it in threads is 'funny', believe me. But you can do that with anything.

Not in the same way. It's like the arrow to the knee meme. It's "funny" to repeat it repeatedly because it was actually repeated multiple times in the film itself.
>>
File: DORMAMMU IVE COME TO BARGIN.gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
DORMAMMU IVE COME TO BARGIN.gif
1MB, 400x400px
>>
One my top 3 of the marvel movies

Watched 3 times.

I do agree the story was by the numbers but i liked how pretty true it was to the source and that they straight up said its fuckin magic and there is no real explanation for it.

I didnt think the humor was that bad. Least my father was laughing and he never laughs at any much of anything but that was the most i ever heard him laugh. He even went as far to say he liked it more than Gaurdians. Hes like 55 so i donno it was a big deal for me to hear that since its difficult for a movie to impress my dad...
>>
>>87705559

I am totally okay with Doctor fucking strange resonating with people like that even if its a fuckin stupid meme.

I never thought id see this day
>>
>>87702973
In theory the cape joke could have worked but they filmed it like a sitcom gag
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.