[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A long time ago there was a thread discussing the best comic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: evilguys2.jpg (519KB, 2300x688px) Image search: [Google]
evilguys2.jpg
519KB, 2300x688px
A long time ago there was a thread discussing the best comic book movie villains and this was the general outcome of who the most people agreed upon

Is this still true? Is there any recent ones that would be on the level of these?
>>
Kingpin and Bullseye from the film and Loli...maybe
>>
>>87698948
>Bland Skull
How did he end up in there?
>>
>>87698948
>no Shanon Zod
>not any version of Lex Luthor

fucking plebs
>>
>>87699231
By virtue of being Hugo Weaving and the fucking Red Skull.

You've only got to do two things to get Red Skull perfectly. 1: Fight Captain America, 2: Be a God-Damn Nazi.
>>
>>87699270
There's only been two Lexers to be fair, and neither were probably what most of the demo on this board consider to be a quintessential Lex
>>
>>87699299
I don't really recall much about him, have to rewatch that movie
>>
>>87699299
We're really hurting for comic book movie villains if a performance as forgettable as Red Skull was in that movie can be ranked as best.
>>
>>87700327
In the original thread I was actually surprised how many people wanted him, but they did. I also was surprised by how many people love Raimi's Otto but not really surprised since I know the boner /co/ has for that particular movie for whatever reasons
>>
>>87699270
Zod woulda been more threatening if not for that goofy lisp
>>
Does Loki count? Not in the Avengers but in the first Thor movie.
>>
>>87698948

Why is Magneto on there twice?
>>
>>87698948
Needs Zod for sure

>>87699231
Testament to how bad MCU villains are. I do like Obadiah but I don't think he actually belongs on the list.
>>
>>87698948
>no Devito Penguin

Unacceptable.
>>
>>87699299
He was barely a Nazi. He broke away from them in the only scene with a swastika (killed that German officer).

MCU Cap fought HYDRA not Nazis, instead of both.
>>
>>87702324
Different actors/timelines
>>
>>87699270
Stamp Zod was a meme before there were memes, so he is the more memorable.
>>
>>87698948
Red skull was shit. Mark Strong from Kick-ass should've made the cut.
>>
>>87698948
Clown/violator was shit.
That whole movie was shit. Why is he even on there?
>>
>>87702324
He's just that good.
>>
>>87698948
>Two MCU villains and neither of them is Loki
I'm sorry, but this is really just overly contrarian.
>>
File: 83ju6w6xj6p8p8.jpg (13KB, 230x300px) Image search: [Google]
83ju6w6xj6p8p8.jpg
13KB, 230x300px
>No Bane
>>
>>87702544

>how dare anyone disagree that every non-Loki MCU villain is awful
>>
>>87702529
How was he shit? He was a repugnant, sadistic, vile shit talking pain in the ass, which is what he is supposed to be.
>>
>>87702588
That's not what I said, he's just widely regarded as the best one, and if this picture is to represent any sort of consensus, he ought to be somewhere on t.
>>
>>87702635
>if this picture is to represent any sort of consensus, he ought to be somewhere on t.

It's /co/ consensus, not pleb consensus
>>
>>87702613
I didn't think Leguizamo did that great of a job with him, honestly, and the effects for his monster form were really poorly done.
>>
>>87702649
Is this just your list or something? Why are you defending it so hard from competing opinions?
>>
>>87702665
>Is this just your list or something?

No.

>Why are you defending it so hard from competing opinions?

How does one post count as me defending it so hard? Not two of my posts ago I questioned why the same character was on the list twice.

As far as it goes with Loki being on it, I've no problem with it. But most of /co/ apparently does.
>>
File: 20121019-130415.jpg (104KB, 550x354px) Image search: [Google]
20121019-130415.jpg
104KB, 550x354px
>>87702653
I really disagree, some of the effects in the movie were quite bad but not in terms of Violator , and I think Leguizamo was great as the Clown form, I don't know what changes you could make to make it better or more like the comic character honestly

>>87702665
Not that anon but OP, Loki didn't make the cut in the original thread....I said earlier ITT I was actually surprised so many people liked Red Skull but there were a lot of people in that thread who said he deserved to be on there when he wasn't one of my original choices, Blonsky however I agreed is pretty much one of the top villains in the MCU and ironically was way more intimidating when he was a human than when he was that kind of boring version of the Abomination
>>
File: Faggot.jpg (60KB, 294x361px) Image search: [Google]
Faggot.jpg
60KB, 294x361px
>>87698948
>Coinface on that list

List disregarded.
>>
>>87702751
>as way more intimidating when he was a human

That's because that was just based Roth doing based Roth. It was like 93% of the character's performance right there.

If they ever decide to bring Blonsky back, I hope they get Roth back to do mo-cap like Ruffalo's done with Hulk. Might be we'd maybe get some of what Roth did for the character back.
>>
>>87702796
He was great, he managed to be scarier as just a military guy than any recent MCU villain has been with special effects or costumes
>>
>>87703143
>he managed to be scarier as just a military guy than any recent MCU villain

I don't know about scarier, but he did get more in that film than others did in their only appearance. He had actual development and they gave Roth plenty to work with. While I like most of the MCU's entries and enjoy the overall connectivity it utilizes, most of them could've benefited a lot if they were done to a similar level that TIH was.

Actually, wasn't TIH the longest MCU film to date? It was close to 3 hours, yes?
>>
>>87698948
I'm no fan of the Fass desu.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.