[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Darth Maul miniseries announced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: maulin' it.jpg (198KB, 534x712px) Image search: [Google]
maulin' it.jpg
198KB, 534x712px
>A Darth Maul comic book is being unleashed on Star Wars fans in the new year, though the fan-favorite Sith apprentice is more leashed than they’ve ever seen him.

>Written by Cullen Bunn and drawn by Luke Ross, the five-issue Marvel Comics miniseries Star Wars: Darth Maul (to debut in February) takes a look at the tattooed villain’s younger days before his short-lived appearance in the 1999 prequel film Star Wars: Episode I — The Phantom Menace. On tap for the antagonistic warrior: lots of rage, a need to take revenge against the Jedi, and problems taking orders.

>http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2016/11/14/exclusive-star-wars-darth-maul-comic-book/93789660/
>>
>>87685071
of couse, why not
Instead of trying to improve, Marvel going to bitch way
>>
Bunn is pretty good with villains, so I'm hopeful.
>>
File: 1361307424311.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1361307424311.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>Luke Ross

Another reason not to read Marvel SW. Call me when they hire someone that isn't a photorealist or outright tracer.
>>
>>87685071
>Written by Cullen Bunn
Mmmmaybe I will pirate this.
>>
File: 1473235682103.jpg (41KB, 332x443px) Image search: [Google]
1473235682103.jpg
41KB, 332x443px
>>87685071
>Luke, did I ever tell you about Darth Maul? He was Sheev's apprentice before Dooku and Vader that used a double-bladed lightsaber. He fought against my master Qui-Gon on Naboo, and managed to kill him. Fortunately, even though I was still a Padawan I managed to cut him in half by taking advantage of the fact that he didn't know how to use the High Ground. However, it turned out that his hate somehow allowed him to survive getting cut in half and falling down a bottomless pit, and he somehow managed to escape from Naboo and become a cyborg spider on some other planet. Years later, during the Clone Wars, his brother Savage Opress found him and upgraded his cyborg legs. They went on a rampage across the Galaxy, trying to get revenge both on me and his former master Sheev. It's such a pity that he never told anyone that Sheev was a Sith Lord, that would have saved us a lot of trouble. They eventually took over Mandalore and killed the only woman I had ever loved right in front of me. After that I kind of lost track of him, not sure what became of him. I hope he's doing well, he was a good friend.
>>
>>87685121
Ross's Ultimates & Secret Avengers work was pretty damn good, but his work on the first arc of Captain America & The Mighty Avenger was awful thanks to under inked lines and a bright colorist.
>>
File: grievous waiting.png (346KB, 673x364px) Image search: [Google]
grievous waiting.png
346KB, 673x364px
Y'know what, I'm kind of optimistic about this. I like Bunn for the most part, and while I wish it was a slightly better artist, I'm just really happy that they're doing prequel stuff again instead of just banking on nostalgia for the original trilogy.

Grievous mini series when?
>>
>>87685291
He's a solid draftsman, but relies too heavily on photo reference. He's more bland than bad, and completely forgettable
>>
>Bunn

I am interested
>>
>>87685071
>takes a look at the tattooed villain’s younger days
Well, I lost interest fast. I can't imagine this will be much. I was hoping for some ideas based on Clone Wars episodes that never happened, but I can't imagine Young Darth Maul Adventures being much more than a snoozefest.
>>
>>87685463
http://desuarchive.org/co/thread/87498590/
>>
>>87685071
>Bunn
Yeah, sure, I can get behind this. Sign me up.
>>
File: can't wake up.jpg (54KB, 747x614px) Image search: [Google]
can't wake up.jpg
54KB, 747x614px
>Bunn

Yes. Time for more delicious SUFFERING!
>>
Back to your cancerous general.
>>
>>87685250
Probably copypasta but pretty good
>>
File: laughing sluts.jpg (252KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
laughing sluts.jpg
252KB, 1024x768px
>>87685250
>High Ground
Every time.
>>
>>87686304
Over on /tv/, good friend-posting is a meme, there's dozens of variations.
>>
>>87685071
If it takes place after Rebels, I call FUCK YOU DISNEY.

If it takes place before Rebels, I'm not interested.
>>
>>87687111
It sounds like it takes place before Phantom Menace.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.