[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Ultimate Universe better than the 616?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Marvel-The-Ultimates-645x370.jpg (163KB, 645x370px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel-The-Ultimates-645x370.jpg
163KB, 645x370px
Is the Ultimate Universe better than the 616?
>>
>>87682949
No it was complete shit.
>>
>>87682949

It could've been...
>>
>>87682949
Yes because it died.
>>
>>87682949
Started out really strong but it fell apart.
>>
>>87682949
It started out that way, and Ultimate Spider-Man was consistently good, but as a whole? Fuck no.
>>
It had a lot of good concepts that it could only truly explore in a separate universe, but overall it was more like a wall that writers would just throw shit to and hope something sticks. Some did, most didn't.

USM was kind of an anomaly honestly because it plays out exactly like 616 Spider-Man with the largest change being that he dies which admittedly is a gutsy change.
>>
>>87682949
Classic Marvel? Not even close.
>>
>>87682949
The movies and tv shows are better than the comics.
>>
>>87682949
Well, th emovies are doing a lot of th eUltimate stuff, from some scenes to whole stories.

Examples:
Capitan america jumping without parachutes
Chitauri invasion

Not ot mention ultimate was built to result in movies. Just see ultimate fury
>>
>>87683493
>Not ot mention ultimate was built to result in movies. Just see ultimate fury

In fairness to Samuel L. Fury carrying over from 1610 to the MCU, that's because when Marvel asked for permission to use Jackson's likeness for their Fury redesign, he in turn requested that they cast him as Fury when they started making movies with the character.
>>
File: millar time.jpg (174KB, 400x346px) Image search: [Google]
millar time.jpg
174KB, 400x346px
>>87682949
Not really.
>>
It was for a bit but it went to shit. Ultimates 1 and 2 are still classic Avengers stories tho.
>>
>>87682949
Is Injustice universe is better than Earth-0?
>>
It could have been. Then it turned into the worst extreme 90s homage of all time.
>>
>>87683069
"Duuuurrrr when people die in the ultimate universe they stay dead"
Except for Beast
And Goblin
And Peter who did die only to respawn and elope with MJ
And Doctor Doom but that could be explained with doom bots and all that

It was some bullshit from start to finish.

That have been said.. I did actually like the whole "is Thor crazy or an actual god" subplot
And I am probably one of the only dudes alive that actually likes the ultimate Thor/Mjolner design
>>
There was a style that I liked from Ultimates. Like, everything felt sleeker and smoother.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.