[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Street Fighter VS Darkstalkers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: Cn1vK6ZXEAMQTkR.jpg (831KB, 1296x2022px) Image search: [Google]
Cn1vK6ZXEAMQTkR.jpg
831KB, 1296x2022px
Street Fighter VS Darkstalkers starts next month. What are your expectations?
>>
>>87674862
Morrigan to kill herself for being so weak, causing a power vacuum.
>>
>>87674862
That they actually make a new darkstalkers game.

It doesnt need to be a triple A game.

I would also accept SF vs Darkstalkers as an actual game.
>>
>>87674862
Midnight Bliss
>>
>>87674862
darkstalkers is fighting its way out of the losers bracket

SF is daigo, waiting to crush them
>>
>>87675326
>It doesnt need to be a triple A game.
Darkstalkers was the triple A game of its day. It raised the bar for pretty much everything n fighting games, mechanically and visually. It was in development for 2 years, a long time for a mid 90s game. It was the first game Capcom used professional voice actors in. By contrast,. when they returned to Street Fighter with Street Fighter Alpha 1 afterwards, it was a small side project made in 6 months by newbie developers, originally intended for old hardware, that somehow just managed to sell well enough that it became its own ongoing subseries. Cheaping out on Darkstalkers would not be living up to the series' standards. They'd have to at least put in as much effort as their modern Street Fighter efforts. Although with the way SF5 is going, that;s not a very high standard.
>>
>>87675412
But Darkstalkers is where Daigo got his start in the first place.
>>
>>87675486
There's no fucking way that they would put this much money on a new darkstalkers. The series is pretty much forgoten. Even SF sold like absolute shit(for good reasons, but still).
>>
>>87675507
He managed to #Riseup from that
>>
>>87675521
I think that fact that it's getting a comic 20 years after its last game shows that it's not as forgotten as you'd think.
>>
How can karate mang and thunder thighs hope to compete against the Darkstalkers? The Darkstalkers are basically worth 3-4 Street Fighters each, even if they act like they did in the US cartoon. Is this series just going to be 8 issues of banter with a few fights sprinkled in?
>>
>>87675622
They have type advantage because good beats evil
>>
>>87675622
Street Fighter's power levels have climbed a lot over the years. I mean, back when Capcom was making Darkstalkers and X-Men after Street Fighter 2, they were like, "Wow, the concept of using monsters and superheroes opens up so many possibilities compared to human martial artists!" But then afterwards they just started having all those human martial artists doing those new things they came up with anyway.
>>
>>87675618
the fact it took 20 years to do so is, especially when it is tied to another franchise because it's name is to known these days.

They might do the same thing they did with Tatsunoko vs Capcom and use whatever they create for Dark Stalker into Marvel vs Capcom 4.
>>
>>87675821
There was a whole Darkstalkers-only comic series by these same people during the 2000s.
>>
>>87675856
Cancelled twice from poor sales in 9 issues.
>>
>>87675640
>>87675707
OK, I guess that makes sense. Honestly, I'm OK with anything as long as the story's not just a series of misunderstandings that everyone gets over near the end so that they can team up.
>>
>>87675707
Huh, iirc, Morrigan is pretty much a goddess, and Pyron is an alien that can grow to massive sizes and burn the entire planet. Yet, he got defeated by a random vampire, Demitri.

Just for comparative, BB Hood regularly uses explosives and bullets, but have failed to kill any of the big names on the franchise.

I get SF have powercreep, but I don't think anyone is still up to the level of the most important darkstalkers.
>>
File: 1478038894139.jpg (37KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1478038894139.jpg
37KB, 600x338px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_skngJlTDg
>>
>>87676006
Oddly enough, Pyron's official strength is only A-Rank. Jedah and Morrigan are in the S-Rank levels.
>>
>>87676008
>Series is in the top 5 of the arcade sales charts for 3 games in a row
>That's not enough, people have to buy it again 20 years later
>After it's already been ported to every console generation between then and now
I can't comprehend bankers.
>>
>>87674862
I expect Felicia to be the cutest. I also expect to be disappointed in even that capacity
>>
>>87676190
>Elena's already in the group shot
Yep, you're going to be disappointed.
>>
A very mediocre comic, like all Udon comics.

I want a new Darkstalkers game but at the same time I don't, I don't think anyone even Capcom could do it right. SFV is shit so a new DS wouldnt be great.
>>
>>87675856
>>87675944
Udon fucked up the story anyway.
>>
>>87674862
Cool
>>
>>87674862
The same 6 characters Udon always uses vs the same 6 characters who appear in all of Udon's Darkstalker art.

They eventually become friends to battle Pyron, and Akuma Shun Goku Satsu's him to death.

Screencap this post.
>>
>>87674862
decent art, shitty story.
>>
>>87678184
But Pyron is already dead.
>>
File: SFxT Trailer ep2.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SFxT Trailer ep2.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
Reminder: That Capcom producer Yoshinori Ono said that if Darkstalkers Resurrection (The updated re-release on PS3/360) sold enough it would lead to a new entry?

Then it didn't sell well at all and Ono went on interview with Famitsu stating that Capcom won't be releasing a new game.....sad times.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/oct/07/ono-we-wont-be-releasing-new-darkstalkers-game-anytime-soon-unless-someone-buys-staggering-number-darkstalkers-resurrection-copies/

Hell, Capcom blatantly put a Darkstalkers reference in a SFxT episode trailer. I don't think this Udon comic would help the series.
>>
>>87678345
They sold great when they were new, shouldn't that be enough? Of course people aren't going to buy 20 year old games in huge numbers.
>>
>>87678371
The same thing can be said about Rival Schools. So it now suffers the same faith as Darkstalkers and be regulated only to crossover games.
>>
>>87678422
>The same thing can be said about Rival Schools.
Darkstalkers made the top 5 of the yearly arcade sales charts 3 games in a row. The first Rival Schools game only made it to he #15 spot for its year. Don't know about the second, though.
>>
>>87678422
Rival Schools is barely in anything, but people clearly love Darkstalkers everywhere which is why they're so heavily featured in crossovers above higher selling and more active series like Devil May Cry and Resident Evil.

>>87674862
Where's Cammy, Chun Li, Morrigan and Demitri?
>>
File: Cocey_yW8AAkr14.jpg (248KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Cocey_yW8AAkr14.jpg
248KB, 1080x1350px
>>87678495
Well, here are Morrigan and Chun-Li at least.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.