[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the heck? When did the Simpsons become good again? I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

What the heck? When did the Simpsons become good again? I just watched this episode and was blown away by the animation. The story line was solid and there was plenty of chuckles. Is this the best season since 9?
>>
>>87667893
Which episode is this again?

The From season 25+ The Simpsons have no longer been Horrible, but the episodes still trend from mediocre to good with a gem every season or so. No-where near as good as the olden days but better then the dark days.

Simpsons still needs to be taken out and shot, but now it's a sick dog instead of a disease filled maggot.
>>
>>87667893
Episodes with Matt Selman as showrunner have always been high points in recent seasons. The animation WAS particularly exceptional in this episode, though.

>>87667924
>Which episode is this again?
"The Town." Very recent one where they went to Boston.
>>
>>87667893
>When did the Simpsons become good again?
when Al Jean came back, in 2010
It's been bumpy, not exactly a METEORIC rise back to the top, but.. it's been a lot better than 2002-2009
one major difference is that even in that previous bad period, it still sort of 'felt like the simpsons'. now it doesn't, as much. shit like wiggum getting a jetpack was funny and amusing and entertaining, but it didn't feel like chief wiggum. it barely sounded like him
>>
Don't bother, OP.

Admitting to liking current Simpsons is forbidden here on /co/.
>>
>>87668234
So is being a tripfag, but that didn't stop you, did it?
>>
>>87667893
What? I watched the episode because AVclub said it was good.

It wasn't. It was basicly an add for Boston with some harmless

Memeber when they made fun of New York?
Or Tokio?
Or Australia?
>>
do they look more orange here or is it just the autumn colors playing tricks on me?
>>
wtf i just accidentally watched some 20 minute ad for boston

give me a list of boston companies other than dunkin donuts to boycott.
>>
Do The Simpsons do election episodes? When can I see liberal election meltdown in it?
>>
>>87669114
boston market
>>
>>87669397
There were ads for an upcoming one but it got shelved I guess.
the 2012 one was teeth-gnashingly terrible and made me want to punch someone, but really in general the last 6 years of the show have been a lot better
>>
>>87668230
When did he ever leave, and why couldn't he stay away permanently?
>>
I haven't seen this one yet. Thanks for using spoiler tags assholes.
>>
>>87667893
Piss poor bait attempt if you ask me man.
>>
>>87669482
what? he was part of the good era in the old days. he left when everyone good left, and coming back was probably why it got a little better
>>
>>87668230
>it's been a lot better than 2002-2009

I strongly disagree with including 2002-2005 as being worse than the current years.
>>
>>87669715
really? the guantanamo bay episode didnt ruffle you a bit?
look at the funzo episode.. yeah it's okay, but it was aggressively nonsensical and half the scenes end abruptly unfinished. you can even see by the closed captioning how they were changed last-minute because at this point they had no idea how to do anything.
>>
>>87668230
>when Al Jean came back, in 2010

Err what? He's been showrunner since 2001.
>>
>>87669764
I never said they were perfect. But you are really fucking delusional to think there hasnt been any episodes that are worse in recent years.
>>
>>87669867
nnno, he was there from the beginning but LEFT circa 2001 and came back around 2009
>>
>>87669904
I didn't say haven't been any, just that overall it's significantly better since 2010, with occasional HUGE stinkers in between 'this is pretty okay' episodes.
just like family guy
>>
>>87669905
Wrong. He left in 1993 to work on the critic, returned in 1998.
>>
>>87668261
>He doesn't know Boco
Take it easy newfag, as long you don't open you mouth you're fine
>>
>>87669905
>LEFT circa 2001 and came back around 2009
Except thats wrong.
>>
>>87669905
>nnno

You're a legit retard.
>>
Happens at times, you just shouldn't count on it enough to bother.
>>
>>87669927
>just that overall it's significantly better since 2010

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Because the amount of episodes I've enjoyed since 2010 can be counted on one hand. Where as I can count at least a dozen from 2002-2005.
>>
>>87667893
>blown away by the animation

gonna need some webm proof anon
>>
>>87669438
Do you remember which episode it was? I found two episodes with Obama but doubt they're it.
>>
>>87668230
No fuck off

2008 Simpsons > Anything post 2010
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.