[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Already spent a year in the present >Already had the chance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: 2099.jpg (232KB, 1024x1567px) Image search: [Google]
2099.jpg
232KB, 1024x1567px
>Already spent a year in the present
>Already had the chance to go back to his time but got fucked by alternate timelines and had to go back to the present
>Got engaged with a girl from the present and got her preggers without giving a fuck (he may not know but he still knowingly fucked her without protection)

Is it fair to assume that he's a keeper for present 616 or can we assume that he'll go back to the proper 2099 at the end of his run? On one hand, I love Miggy and I love that he gets to hang around with Peter, on the other, while his present run has gotten fairly entertaining, it still pales in comparison with the plot of his original run.

Is he even popular enough for Marvel to keep Miguel in an active role rather than send him home or killing him off? I understand that he was brought back in Superior because fans were talking for years about missing Spider-Man 2099 and wanting to see more of it, but does it have enough fan support for Marvel to bother?

Also original suit fucking when? The white suit has kinda grown on me but it's nothing against the GOAT
>>
>>87665869
Who?....(cares)
>>
>>87665869
> Impregnated a girl in the present
> he will be his own ancestor
>>
>>87665991

I'm honestly baffled about Miguel's actions here. How the fuck does he get in a serious relationship headed for marriage while trying to get back to the future at the same time?

Plus, with Tyler Stone in the present as well I can hardly see a proper return to 2099.
>>
Wait, there's a 2099 series?
>>
>>87666131

Guess that answers my question regarding popularity.

Hopefully it will get a satisfying conclusion befoe it gets the axe.
>>
>>87666142
I don't know about that. It's managed to survive to relaunch after Secret Wars and has lived through ANAD Marvel into Marvel NOW with its regular numbering. It's doing well for a satellite Spider-Man title
>>
>>87666142
>>87666440
Wait, it's a current ongoing!?
wtf
I thought it ended before Secret Wars
>>
>>87666440

Speaking of Satellite Spider comics, how are Silk and Spider-Man going? (seriously, both Miguel and Miles need to rebrand already)

Silk is ok but the art is god AWFUL, and I couldn't read past the first issue of Mile's new run. I never was a fan of Miles but at least he was sorta endearing in Ultimate, now after Secret Wars it's a goddamn mess.

>Aparently he's been part of 616 his entire life now? I'm pretty sure I remember him returning with Peter after talking to Molecule Man in the end of Secret wars, and he still seemed like the same Ultimate Miles, but now the comic shows his first meeting with Miles in a random fight
>His parents and family are now here too? I understand that's been major reality warping allowing this to happen, but it completely erased all his previous background and leaves us with nothing.
>Those awful cartoonish flashbacks
>Goes and defeats Blackheart by himself on his first try after he moped the floor with the Avengers, TWICE, because he's so cool
>Peter: "Oh man you look so much cooler than me!"
>EVEN MORE VENOM BLAST FAGGOTRY

>>87666504

Got another run with a new suit. I'm liking how shit's falling apart with multiple time travellers.
>>
>>87666504
You missed the CWII arc that just ended, a ton of callbacks to the old 2099 line

>>87666623
The art in Silk grows on you. It hasn't been as good as the run before Secret Wars though
>>
is future cap still in the present?
will future spidy fuck her?
>>
>>87666623
>>87666709
how has it been? I'll dl the new ones tonight
why is he back in present times
>>
>>87666806
Because he's still trying to manipulate 2016 so that the timeline changes back to what he came from

Or at least something less Dystopic. He's been to a Maestro controlled future, a Sinister Six controlled future and a JJJ controlled future
>>
>>87666848

You could say it's separated into two parts.

1. Present time storyline circling around his tumblr hair waifu: lame, but readable

2. Time travel shenanigans, everything's going south: Fantastic.

>>87666848

Good job spoiling him on JJJ
>>
>>87666886
At least I didn't spoil him on the skrulls
>>
The original Spider-Man 2099 was amazing.

The current run is a huge disappointment by PAD. He took off everything that made it cool, and instead Miguel is under the boot of Parker in every aspect, turned it into just another Spider-Man copy.

It honestly feel like he does the work for food. His great X-Factor days feel very far away.
>>
>>87666928

Miguel himself is still cool, but his supporting cast is garbage. I couldn't give less of a shit about his coworkers or his waifu, and Captain America is only fun for the scens where she gets roided out.

It's plain to see when the moment those guys get left behind and Miguel goes time travelling the quality skyrockets. Still not on the levels of the original run, but it's good fun.
>>
>>87665869
I only cared for Tempest when she was a terrifying Spider-Wasp monster
>>
>>87666623

Silk has been pretty mediocre beyond waifu-bait. Spider-Miguel is exactly what you'd expect.
>>
>>87666714
Yes

Probably not since his waifu is still alive.
>>
>>87666928
I actually really like this run. While I agree with
>>87667048
that the supporting cast is boring, Miguel himself is still much the same. If anything he reminds me a little of Kaine.
>>
>>87667313
I am enjoying the current run. It's just that PAD took away everything that made it cool and different, and instead it's just "another Spider Man clone", even worse, this one is directly under Peter Park/Spider-Man, making it a sub Spider-Man. Even some of the characters in the story acknowledged that...
>>
>>87666928
He most likely isn't allowed to be in his own little pocket with 2099 because buyers care about canon.
>>
the white suit is fucking lame
bring back the black/red
>>
>>87667800

>No cape

Fuck you Peter
>>
I guess he will go back to the future, eventually, yes. He still has his family there, and I can see tempest going there with him. Also think it probably will be before they finish this current book as well.

I like MIguel and I'm enjoying this current run so far. But I guess things are going to go different way once Parker loses his company, which probably will end happend in a year or so. But so far, I hope this lasts and we see a few more future versions before he fixes his timeline.
>>
>>87667313
He's Kaine in the grumpy, rather violent and psychotic sense. But he's more of a jerkass and has no problems of selfsterm. So he's a bit like him, but not all the way.
>>
>>87668482
>selsterm
I mean self-esteem. I failed at proper english.
>>
>>87666886
I feel exactly the opposite, I couldn't give a shit about him exploring alternate 2099s that have no bearing on anything, I want to see him get back to trying to change his future into something better while living a comfy life in 2016
>>
>>87668650

He's been doing nothing about it for a while though. Pretty much every present arc has had nothing to do with fixing the future, just trying to get back at the people who killed his gf or the mom who hid his gf away.

We only learned that the fist was related to the current state of 2099 AFTER he travelled to 2099, where the plot advances.

Don't get me wrong, I too would love more comfy Miguel in the present, but his constant vendetta doesn't alow for any of that. Maybe if he deals with the fist he can relax a bit, but the again beating the Fist miight mean he's returning to 2099 though I suspect Peter's thing witht he Jackal might be the actual reason everything's fucked up, and we'll see Miguel helping ruin Peter.
>>
>>87667761
If that's the case, it could still take place in 2099, be the canon future, and still have connections with the present.

You may have a point in him not being allowed to have it take place in 2099 though.
>>
>>87667445
Why blame PAD when it's likely editorial?
>>
In the new 2099 series, his relationship is fucked up because of the Fist exploding up the cafe, and her Mom getting in the way, pretty much making Miguel think she's dead.
>>
File: Spider-Man 2099 013-013.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man 2099 013-013.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>87669990
I get it, but does he really have Kowtow in front of Parker all the time like this?

I think it's ridiculous and it downplays the character.
>>
>>87667800
I don't mind the sharper and more angular design of the new suit, but white doesn't look good on Miggy. They should have stuck with the original 2099 suit's color scheme.
>>
>>87665869
I'd like to jump back to 2099... but I'm confused why they spent so much time looking at and establishing the "Bad" 2099? I don't want to read about that.
>>
>>87671121

The worst part is that he's walking around with Hologram clothes 24/7, so he could just put his original colors over the new suit.
>>
>>87671121
Its hard to fuck up a spider-costume design, bjt they did it.
>>
>>87672991
Kris Anka is very, very bad at desigining costumes. He did the current Spider-Woman costume and those shitty X-Force costumes that were black bodysuits with giant white X's on them. Also the All-New X-Factor costumes.

I don't know why he keeps getting work redesigning characters considering how bad at it he is.
>>
Speaking of Spiders, or well, "spiders", what's happening with Venom? I've heard some outrage about the symbiote leaving Flash right after all the character growth of Space Knight, what's the deal?
>>
>>87666714
I want him to especially since they are so adorable together.

>>87667287
I don't think Miggy and Tempest are going to be endgame, especially after she lost the kid and then comes out of the coma, PAD also seemed to hint that their relationship was going to be on the rocks.

Plus Roberta's life in the future got fucked post Secret Wars and the guy who was suppose to be her husband doesn't recognize her anymore.
>>
>>87673648
He one of those toned down costume designers that are all the rage now. Like his costumes are realistic but to me they are often boring and really samy. It can work for a team but I prefer my designs to stand out.
>>
File: Spiders.jpg (1MB, 700x3520px) Image search: [Google]
Spiders.jpg
1MB, 700x3520px
>>87667800
>>87671121
>>87672991
>>87675184

Step aside and make way for some hot opinions.
>>
>>87675929
>Spectacular Suit that low
Your taste is shit, fuck off.
>>
>>87675929
Switch Reillyman and Iron Spider and you got yourself a deal.

Also put black and web pits Ditko Spidey in EG as well
>>
>caring about the main continuity of marlel

there's the problem. it's one huge clusterfuck that isn't going anywhere. even the original xmen can't go back to the past
>>
>>87675991

>Literally spiderman but got his gloves and boots stolen

Ben should have never left the hoodie
>>
>>87676480
>Not liking the Spider emblem being part of the main design and going over the shoulders to the back
>Not liking trigger finger designs
>Not liking external webshooters
Nah, piss off. Even though I love the hoodie.
>>
It's been a really long time since I read 2099. Didn't Miguel have a girlfriend there already?
>>
>>87676642
Different 2099 since that one ended with the universe reset and his old girlfriend murdered by his half brother.
>>
>>87676480
Nah man, your tastes a shit.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.