[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inside Out By Insider

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 13

Marvel is in a state of chaos at the moment. Sales are in the shitter, their scheme to use variant covers to inflate sales failed and their retro-recolored/remastered old artwork variant cover scam is getting shitted on. And the Mockingbird controversies only made things worse in terms of being so bad, that even Brevoort was forced to passively defend people who cheered it's cancellation...

The election of Trump further adds to their woe as people are starting to make even BIGGER noise about getting off the sinking Titanic that is social justice themed comics. DC continuing to be doing record numbers sales-wise is the fuck you icing on the cake for the small but growing minority at the company.

The decision to unfuck the X-Men is part of the damage control, as Marvel is starting to realize that the X-Men books might be the only thing standing between them and ruin. Disney and Ike don't like the X-Books and let them go to ruin, but with Marvel hitting new sales lows, certain people have pushed back at Ike to get the X-Books relaunched with an eye towards having them bring in the money needed to justify keeping the social justice side of the company (IE the Avengers line) going in it's current direction.

As it stands though, Marvel is a bit fucked though: save for the X-Books/Inhumans, everything else at Marvel is booked in stone for the purpose of Clone Conspiracy, Civil War 2, and the upcoming Hydra War arc. So they have very little room to wiggle.

As it stands, Hydra War is being redone from top to bottom and Steve Rogers: Captain America is being secretly rewritten by committee with Nick Spencer reduced to dialogue writer after Hydra Cap blew up in everyone's face.
>>
>>87655537
Nice shitposting, but you must have missed the October sales.

Also, since Perlmutter is a huge Trump fan, I don't see any issues with that. On the creative front, capeshit writers can be replaced easily.
>>
>>87655537
LOL, I fucking love it. I'm gonna enjoy DC kicking Marlel's ass for the foreseeable future, and seeing Spencer get BTFO in the process only makes it more sweeter.
>>
>>87655584
>October sales

Even with loot crate, scholastic and the fact that Marvel relaunched and shamefully slapped a big #1 on every series starting a new arc they only won by a couple of percent. It's an unsustainable business model.
>>
>>87655660
Well, it's not like DC sales were not boosted by yet another reboot.

So, what are you on about?
>>
As it stands, their is a strong push for Hydra War to serve as an "reboot" of sorts. Basically when Cap's past gets restored, the entire Marvel universe gets rebooted too. This would allow for Marvel to basically jetison the entire social justice direction of the entire company and allow them to bring back classic iconic versions of their past characters: IE Jane Foster Thor, Unworthy Thor, O5 X-Men, Sam Cap, etc will simply cease to exist along with other plot points that have become a millstone around Marvel's neck (bringing back Xavier and Jean Grey, de-gaying Iceman, de-Ultronizing Hank Pym, bringing back the Fantastic Four, erasing House of M/Avengers Disassembled in relations to Scarlet Witch) and books that have become an embarrassment to the company (IE Mockingbird).

One thing Marvel is pushing for is Dan Slott to take over Captain America. Nick Spencer is all but officially gone from the book once Hydra Wars ends and there is talk about him getting Amazing Spider-Man as a "trade" with Slott, at least until they can get a better writer. With OG Gwen coming back next year, there has been a push to get Kurt Busiek onboard full time on Spider-Man, possibly with George Perez as artist. But Perez will need prep time, so Spencer would be forced to be filler man until the two have enough issues ready.

Meanwhile there is serious talk about putting Bendis on a revived Thor with the eye towards having Bendis resurrect and rebuild the brand after the disaster that was Jane Foster-Thor.

But nothing is set in stone as there is war at Marvel who think that the company should quadruple down on social justice themed comics and sales be damned. War is brewing as a lot of the pro-social justice writers know that if Marvel purges, they won't ever work in the industry again
>>
>>87655714
>Meanwhile there is serious talk about putting Bendis on a revived Thor with the eye towards having Bendis resurrect and rebuild the brand after the disaster that was Jane Foster-Thor.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Somebody post the thread OP posted just after the Hydracap arc started. The one that claimed something about Chris Evans flipping out meant that it would be shortened.
>>
>>87655765
The ride never ends does it?
>>
>>87655584
>it's just capeshit
this is where you fail, Bendis
see: the DCEU
>>
>>87655815

Or the one where DC supposedly took Wonder Woman away from new Batwoman writer Marguerite Bennett before telling her to go fuck herself after Angela: Queen of Hel ended.
>>
>>87655714
>Meanwhile there is serious talk about putting Bendis on a revived Thor with the eye towards having Bendis resurrect and rebuild the brand after the disaster that was Jane Foster-Thor.
>>
File: 1423779063723_1.jpg (590KB, 994x1528px) Image search: [Google]
1423779063723_1.jpg
590KB, 994x1528px
>Marvel doubling down on CW2
>Marvel re-writing Cap despite HydraCap playing a huge role in CW2
>Dozens of series shit on or on a completely dependent arc things to CW2
>Characters who were allies now either have to ignore the retarded parts of CW2 or magically come up with a reason they kissed and made up
>Shit on Tony Stark because he's fucking a white male
>Try to elevate Ms. Who? to Stark status, but no one buys it.
>Inhumans were a disaster
>Only good part about them was Ms. Marvel and that's as niche as a non-mainline comic can get without being cancelled
>Watch the writers and PR team on twitter declare that they will continue to double down on their awful ideas.

I wonder what it's like working for Marvel's marketing team, and still having a job despite being an absolute retard?

Do they just come in every day, sit down, and say to themselves "Boy, I sure wish I could turn Marvel's sales around! But unfortunately my head is full of birdseed"?

I would think if that were the case, they would do less damage to Marvel and their image
>>
>>87655815

And Marvel is pissed at Spencer because Gruenwald's widow complained about his portrayal of Diamondback.
>>
>>87655815
http://desuarchive.org/co/thread/83205699/
>>
The second half of 2017 was supposed to be building towards Annihilation 2, by Bendis but Civil War 2 under-preforming and the company being in free fall, has put the project on hold.

There have been talks about doing "mini-crossovers" with various books second half 2017 to make up for the lack of a big crossover, using the gimmick of Secret Wars by having them revisit past storylines:

Some suggested ones include:

Round Robin 2 :Punisher, Spider-Man, Moon Knight, Nova (Rich Rider), and Night Thrasher versus the a revived Secret Empire and Moon Knight's former sidekick Midnight

Avengers Disassembled 2: Basically a sequel to the original, with Wanda, Vision, Hawkeye, and Ant Man seeking revenge against Doom, due to them being sick as hell that Doom is now calling himself Iron Man and claiming to be a hero

Planet Hulk 2: Hulk and a bunch of super strong heroes (Thor, Thing, Venom) get kidnapped by relatives of the Red King, who seek revenge on Hulk

Fatal Attractions 2: X-Men vs Magneto excuse plot

Live Kree Or Die 2: Kree vs Captain America, Captain Marvel, Iron Heart, and Ms Marvel and the Champions excuse plot
>>
>>87655537

All they need to do is scale back on letting tumblr run the show, but they probably won't.
>>
>>87655970
Okay you almost had me really but now this sounds fake as fuck.

Nice try though.
>>
>Source: My ass

Jesus, you guys at least used to ask for proof before. Now you believe everyone.
>>
>>87655945
>how dare you make my husband's waifu evil
Is she a cuck
>>
>>87655714
I hope that this is not the case. Not because those books were any good. Mainly because I think that Marvel can learn from their mistakes and new writers can clean up the mess.

Also, HydraCap is probably one of the best stories that has come out recently. I am not being ironic. It is one of the most fantastic horror stories that I have ever read. The idea of a man who everybody trusts being the villain is both terrifying and brilliant. The stories that could be told, are and have been fantastic.

>>87655970
As for this... No. Just fucking no. Bendis doing a cosmic event would be sickening. Also stop it with the rehashes of Old Events. Do something new for fuck sake.

>>87655971
Agreed. There is nothing wrong with being liberal. But the quirky 'tumblr' books are shit.
>>
>>87655714
>disaster
>even though it sells better than Odinson's latest volume
>"""""""disaster"""""""""""""
>>
>>87655714
>de-gaying Iceman
>bringing back the Fantastic Four

Yes please.
>>
>>87656036
HydraCap isn't a bad idea. The bad idea is pandering to rabid SJWs who become the target audience of your books, but then having a surprise swerve into areas outside of their safe zones.

If this were the 90's, HydraCap would be considered a brilliant twist that no one contested.
>>
>>87655584
You mean the October sales where Marvel barely fucking manged to sell 1.8% more than DC despite all the leg ups they had?
>>
>>87656273
Hydra Cap was a bad idea period, given how badly Superior Spider-Man was received and how Superior Iron Man was a huge sales flop and swept under the rug first chance Marvel could.
>>
>>87655714
RIP Daughteru
Destined to be swept out eventually because her books aren't exactly popular.
>>
>>87656447
I knew this Trump presidency would be good for something.
>>
>>87656408
Hydra Cap could have worked great.
But again, Marvel made their bed, so they're laying it, now. Maybe if they had better writers, smarter marketers, and all-in from multiple people who could make the most of it (instead of the CW2 garbage that isn't even on time to capitalize on the change), it would be great.

Marvel has none of that. They don't have coordination and they don't have talent. If this were part of a long-standing, planned swerve for the character (such a having Cap act different, believe different things, and contradict himself in previous issues leading up to it) instead of the comic book version of clickbait, it would have been great.

But, that's not what we got. Let's not hate on the idea of doing what Marvel always did best with their characters (tear the universe apart) and instead hate the staff for being too incompetent to do it.
>>
>>87655714
Bendis and Slott don't need to be reshuffled, they need to fucking go. They're too close to everything now, and at the very least they need a break from everything Marvel.

Marvel needs new actually talented blood. They let King get away and new writers can't get experience writing big books if Slott and Bendis have them all so their potential new talent is put on small books that get cancelled after 6 issues.
>>
>>87655703
>Rebirth
>reboot
love this meme
>>
>>87655970
>2
>2
>2
>2
>2
The house of ideas.
>>
>>87656447
the book sells, digitally (allegedly) and she has a devoted, vocal fan base
if anything they'll just downplay/retcon the Inhuman origin
and I don't think Sana Amanat is going anywhere anytime soon
>>
File: 1478677088541.jpg (10KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
1478677088541.jpg
10KB, 274x184px
>>87655714
>Spencer on ASM
please no
>>
File: 1368175119381.png (23KB, 359x340px) Image search: [Google]
1368175119381.png
23KB, 359x340px
>>87655537
>>87655714
>>87655970
>let me post a bunch of bullshit as if it's fact to justify my Marvel hate

Jesus Christ, /co/, stop falling for this shit.
>>
>>87655714
Jane foster is one of the best selling titles
>>
File: 1396734894436.png (190KB, 293x292px) Image search: [Google]
1396734894436.png
190KB, 293x292px
>>87656881
If I don't pretend the things I don't like sell bad, how can I justify my feelings?
>>
>>87655714
>George Perez as artist

Perez's hand is crippled, he don't do ongoings no more.
>>
>>87657139
Further proof that OPium is full of shitum
>>
>>87656595
When/if Alonso ever steps down she's probably got the EiC spot locked up sadly. Or at least it'll probably be between her and probably someone like Mark Paniccia, Daniel Ketchum or Jordan D. White.
>>
>>87655714
>War is brewing as a lot of the pro-social justice writers know that if Marvel purges, they won't ever work in the industry again

So this is your fanfiction then. OK, loser.
>>
>>87658971

Found the Hilary voter.
>>
>>87656361
Which legs up were these, exactly? Was there a fire at the DC publishing house we all missed or something?
>>
>>87659356
huge scholastic pre-orders for Champions
first issues going against #10s

that's all I know, might be more.
>>
>>87658971
>he thinks anyone would ever, ever hire Bendis or Spencer ever again after they flushed multiple runs down the toilet.
>>
>>87659278

Found the Hilary voter.
>>
>>87659435

tell us more of this fantasy land you live in
>>
>>87655537
> Bring back X-men
> Avengers is the socially conscious line

Ummm
>>
>>87659567
Tell us more about these magic companies that want writer poison?
>>
>>87659737
Marvel's management clearly loves Bendis and your opinion of him is utterly regardless in this matter.
>>
>>87659794

Current management. Times change.
>>
>>87659824

the idea of marvel bringing in some outsider who would thrown out two of their best selling writers is even funnier than the original post.
>>
>>87659794
>Marvel's management clearly loves Bendis
They have to, because no sane management staff would keep a guy who sunk three separate runs and is now way behind on their main crossover event.

Maybe Bendis has pics of one of the managers fucking a prostitute. Or maybe Marvel is hoping to lose more money so Disney sells them.
>>
>>87659866
>two of their best selling writers

Question of the day
Are Marvel cocksuckers this detached from reality?
>>
>>87659356
>first issue #1 books in new relaunch
>Champions got pushed like a motherfucker
>Champions #1 got bought up huge by Scholastic
>Doctor Strange getting a movie
>issue of Marvels big 2016 event book
>final Darth Vader issue
All of that yet they could only beat DC in terms unit sales by 1.82%.

It's not even like they were completing against a new wave of Rebirth #1's. From memory the only new #1's DC had in October were Batman Beyond and Teen Titans. Hell, most of the Rebirth titles are approaching double digits issue numbers and haven't been retailer returnable for a few months now. What that means is that DC's books are actually maintaining really good even as the series get up in issues.

Looking at all the factors involved actually makes this result really fucking bad for Marvel. Especially given that we know from actual retailers that books like Champions sold pretty badly and others like Solo and Mosaic sold like dogshit. They're also saying that there's basically zero hype for NOW 2.0 and Marvels variants are no longer selling.

Makes OP's statement about Marvel being in chaos at the moment seem correct. This looks really bad for Marvel.
>>
File: vrfXfIS.jpg (149KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
vrfXfIS.jpg
149KB, 1080x1920px
>>87655714
>>Meanwhile there is serious talk about putting Bendis on a revived Thor with the eye towards having Bendis resurrect and rebuild the brand after the disaster that was Jane Foster-Thor.
I WILL BURN SHIT THE FUCK DOWN.
THIS IS NOT A MOTHER FUCKING GAME.

Fem Thor is probably the most decent of the social justice changed books.
Just fucking make Aaron cure Jane's cancer with God Meds, resolve the whisper, and let Male Thor have the Ultimate Hammer and I'll be happy.
>>
Spencer is a good fucking writer when he isn't on Social Justice.
Avengers World for example was great.
Put him on Male Thor not mother fucking Bendis.
>>
>>87655619
I'm screen capping this in order to rub it in your face later
>>
File: 150[1].jpg (11KB, 150x257px) Image search: [Google]
150[1].jpg
11KB, 150x257px
I just want my Wolverine back.

And headlining MVC4, as is the natural order of things.
>>
>>87660633
You won't be able to though.

I mean, OP is full of shit but that guy's not wrong.
>>
>>87659435
DC would love to have a big comics name like Bendis now that Johns is basically out of the game because of his producer work

it's not like they've got anything left after All-Star Potato and the Dark Potato volumes IV through IX are done

I mean seriously when it comes to recognizable names at DC who actually has the kind of draw, or more importantly given that it's what DC will be using as criteria to justify the hire, who actually has the kind of historical sales Bendis has? Miller, the potato art house elf; Morrison, the guy who can't string a paragraph together without sounding like the junkie he is; anybody else? cause with Miller DC has already got his best work and exploited it as movies, and with Morrison it's basically unfilmable garbage

DC would eat a dumpster full of dicks if it would mean getting Bendis on their team, building up new names takes time

>>87659824
they dumped Hickman's fat ass pretty quick
>>
>>87660701
Correct me if I'm wrong but Bendis' name alone doesn't seem to draw necessarily. He's put on books that essentially can't fail.
>>
>>87660701
>implying Bendis writing is a reason people buy books anymore
I actually think he'd do pretty well at DC if they put him on a single book and gave him an editor that can keep him in line.

His problem at Marvel is that he's on too many books and had too much freedom.
>>
>>87656361
DC's still doing that retarded returnable books policy on their lower-selling titles to inflate the numbers

the actual sales are probably no better than they were this time last year, since Marvel's are basically the same

>>87660403
the dollar value of floppies "sold" this October was up almost 6% on 2015 and the unit sales were up 14% (DC having dropped their cover prices to try and lure readers back, since the retailers aren't just buying copies direct in a lot of cases - although Batman and numerous consistent sellers have going back to direct and probably back to their old cover prices)

graphic novels were down significantly on both dollar and unit, which dragged down the otherwise successful month to 1.09% dollar rise on 2015 and 12.23% unit rise

October 2015 saw combined sales of $50.73 million across Diamond; Marvel's share of this was 43.65% or $22,143,645

October 2016 must therefore be worth $56,259,570 and Marvel's share of this must be 35.89% or $20,191,559.70 - a 9% drop, but not as a result of anything DC has done, and quite possibly related to Image, which has a disproportionately high dollar share to unit share ratio compared to any other publisher last month and, heading into the holiday period, may be experiencing sales of TWD trades intended as gifts (as this has happened before)

DC's 2015 October was worth 21.85% or $11,084,505, and their 2016 was only $17,271,688 because they've underpriced so many titles

so if you want to believe they're doing better, fine, but it looks to me like they've bet everything on increasing sales with returnable orders, dumping returnable as a policy in the hope that either readers will care again or retailers won't understand that the change has happened, and dropped their prices ahead of a hike

i'm expecting a collapse in sales back to the 20% region or lower, sometime in the new year if not later this year, but either way this is not a good quarter for them financially
>>
>>87661164
DC's books were only returnable upto issue either 4, 5 or 6 (can't recall exactly which one) Meaning most of their big Rebirth books haven't been returnable for at least 2 months.
>>
>>87655970
>Live Kree Or Die 2: Kree vs Captain America, Captain Marvel, Iron Heart, and Ms Marvel and the Champions excuse plot

Have Carol turn and join the Kree.
>>
>>87661251
It was up to 6 for the biweekly ones, and up to 3 for the monthly ones.
>>
>>87655537
>>87655714
>>87655970
Jesse Baker, why do you keep doing this?
>>
Disney doesn't give a fuck as long as they have movie fodder. Marvel's insane sales positions are the result of horrible employees in their finance department and nothing more.
>>
>>87661164
>DC's still doing that retarded returnable books policy on their lower-selling titles to inflate the numbers

Source?
>>
File: 1351652820167.png (405KB, 807x475px) Image search: [Google]
1351652820167.png
405KB, 807x475px
>>87655537
Why exactly wasn't the pierce changed to trump?

I'm extremely disappointed in you /co/
>>
>>87655714
I can almost guarantee that whatever Bendis would pull out of his ass would be worse than Aaron's run at even the lowest points.
>>
>>87655537
>>87655714
Fake insiders are the biggest cancer on this board. Stop spreading lies you dumb cunt.
>>
>>87656936
Don't worry, Hellcat still sells really poorly so you can feel free to be mad about that. Unfortunately Squirrel Girl sells really well in trades.
>>
>>87655537
Here are some real inside secrets from an insider at Marvel.

Everyone likes the hip hop covers but now Alonso won't stop playing it all day at the office, and honestly it's kind of sad for a man his age.

Brevoort has the nastiest farts. He gets these hot dogs from a vendor down the block, I pray every day he doesn't get the chili dogs.

One of the core X-Men is going to die at the end of IvX. I don't know which one; we still have to throw the dart at the board.

I think one of the Inhumans dies too but lets be honest, you don't care. I don't care, no one here cares, no one cares.
>>
>>87661918
Do Waid, Slott and Bendis share the same clothes
>>
>>87662335
No, they share a wig, and Waid is wearing it right the fuck out.
>>
File: 1473400016130.png (665KB, 652x488px) Image search: [Google]
1473400016130.png
665KB, 652x488px
>>87656036

>Agreed. There is nothing wrong with being liberal. But the quirky 'tumblr' books are shit.

I've been saying it so much lately I'm getting sick of typing it, but I need to keep saying it -- people don't have actual political views, they have cultural preferences they confuse for political views.

In this context, that applies because these writers are assuming since you have the same interests, like superheroes, you must be part of their cultural group (tumblr) and political group (far left SJW). The Internet is to blame for this because it's obvious how they create their own bubbles and don't get out of them. And their fans are in direct, daily contact, which wasn't the case before. Writers wrote, they got feedback through sales and letters by those willing to write.

So the supply and demand is skewed. They're catering to false demand. They're catering to their culture group, not to a broad audience and widening their appeal as a writer. They don't want to tell timeless stories, but rather trending snippets of commentary. They don't want to build strong characters, they want popular characters to be used as mouthpiece for their own worldview and agenda.

You could argue this has always been the case with art. But that was before the Internet. It warps things beyond reasonable limits. It gives them a false model of who they're writing for. It gives them a mirror instead of a window. So you get someone blatantly pushing their brand of feminism without considering that the audience reading this didn't come to see that show.
>>
>>87662819
>So the supply and demand is skewed. They're catering to false demand. They're catering to their culture group, not to a broad audience and widening their appeal as a writer. They don't want to tell timeless stories, but rather trending snippets of commentary. They don't want to build strong characters, they want popular characters to be used as mouthpiece for their own worldview and agenda.

Honestly though it's been done before. Like Green Lantern/Green Arrow. But I think in that particular case, even though Green Lantern is made diminished in it, he still has moments where he shines through. Green Arrow may seem like the moralizing guy who's right... but we see that he makes some huge mistakes (such as not really giving Speedy proper guidance). Or for a Marvel example, there was Englehart's run on Captain America. Captain America fought the 50's Cap. What worked about that was that it acknowledged past comics history in a different way while being a comment on how Cap's values are different from someone stuck in the past. Or the Secret Empire story--it's never outright stated that it was Nixon. You had to put two and two together.

It just feels more like Marvel's comics today got more unsubtle by comparison.
>>
File: Cp9mjzHUAAINbPz.jpg (95KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Cp9mjzHUAAINbPz.jpg
95KB, 400x400px
>>87660403
>Doctor Strange movie

Funny thing is, the movie isn't what inflated it's sales. It had a variant in a Funko Loot Crate thing.
>>
>>87661164
I wonder what it's like being this retarded? Is this what Marvel does to your brain?
>>
>>87655537
>the monopoly will fall due to delivering bad products

Doubleplusgood.
>>
>>87663360
Indeed that movie influenced the maxing of the box itself.

>>87660403
>>87661164
Top 100 charts are now out: >>87663512

>Clone Conspiracy in eleventh
>TT that low
>Mosaic outsold GLA
>Ms. Marvel out of top 100
>>
>>87663619
>maxing
making*
>>
>>87661918
This seems accurate.
>>
>>87655537
>As it stands, Hydra War is being redone from top to bottom and Steve Rogers: Captain America is being secretly rewritten by committee with Nick Spencer reduced to dialogue writer after Hydra Cap blew up in everyone's face.
Now I know you're full of shit
>>
>>87663619
>Ms. Marvel out of top 100
Say it ain't so!
>>
>>87655714
>books that have become an embarrassment to the company (IE Mockingbird).
What exactly is embarrassing to Marvel about neckbeards complaining about feminism?
>>
>>87655714
>the disaster that was Jane Foster-Thor.
But that book sells good.
>>
>>87656408
>given how badly Superior Spider-Man was received
Ahem, Superior Spider-Man was the best thing to happen to Spider-Man comics since One More Day and everyone agrees with that.
>>
>>87656507
>such a having Cap act different, believe different things, and contradict himself in previous issues leading up to it
But the fact that Cap isn't holding the idiot ball like SpOck was is one of this book's greatest strengths.
>>
>>87655714
now you're just making shit up.
>>
File: 1415572144698.png (239KB, 481x347px) Image search: [Google]
1415572144698.png
239KB, 481x347px
>>87655537
>As it stands, Hydra War is being redone from top to bottom and Steve Rogers: Captain America is being secretly rewritten by committee with Nick Spencer reduced to dialogue writer after Hydra Cap blew up in everyone's face.

Cap HYDRA book is one of the few Marvel books that are hanging on the Top 50.
>>
>>87657139
Well, that explains why Sirens #6 has been delayed again.
>>
>>87662970

>It just feels more like Marvel's comics today got more unsubtle by comparison.

That's why I'm saying. It's not too ham-fisted.
>>
>>87663360

Do people actually get that shit? It seems so normie/causual to me.

>Wow, look CURRENT TRENDY RIGHT NOW! Because being a nerd means you're following the crowd at all times like us normies do huh? We're just going to assume you're into all the same nerdy shit at the same time as the other nerd-chic normies!
>>
>>87655537

>Aims gun at foot
>Pulls trigger
>"Ahhhhh! My foot!""

I am shocked. Shocked!
>>
>>87664331
"Nerd culture" is just a big nexus of empty consumerism.

You want to buy this thing? You probably want to buy all this other stuff. It's nerdy, like that thing, and you're nerdy, so you want to buy all the nerdy brands.

This is how you get those "day of the shirt" stores that sell art of random things mashed together. The Adventure Time cast wearing Hogwarts uniforms! The Street Fighter character select screen but the characters are from Breaking Bad! Deadpool dressed as Link!

They're all nerd things, so you buy them all, because your identity is defined by brands and logos.
>>
>>87660643
Honestly I would like a DC Versus Sony at this point. Have Ratchet/Clank versus Batman, Sly Cooper versus The Question, Kratos versus Green Lantern, etc.

It would certainly be better than just DC and Mortal Kombat
>>
Why can't we have nice things?
>>
>>87660701
Put Bendis on Black Lightning, that could be interesting.
>>
>>87663619
>>Ms. Marvel out of top 100

YES! YES! YES!
>>
>>87666540
Why you gotta bully?
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.