[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chuck Dixon's Robin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Robin.jpg (68KB, 325x500px) Image search: [Google]
Robin.jpg
68KB, 325x500px
How good was Dixon's run on Robin? I see a lot of people praise it, and I liked the mini-series of him actually becoming Robin, but because it's Dixon I'm afraid it's gonna turn out like Nightwing and BoP where the characterization is good, but the stories themselves are pretty boring.
>>
>>87646664
Your instincts are correct. The characterization is okay, but the plots are incredibly dull and forgettable. Really, Tim Drake himself is mostly just inoffensive white bread so even that's not very exciting.
>>
>>87646712
>The characterization is okay, but the plots are incredibly dull and forgettable

This is why I think he's really best put on other people's stories. His best issues are origin stories like the Robin Reborn arc and Nightwing Year One because the plot is already written for him and he just needs to fill in the gaps.
>>
>>87646712
Tim Drake is superfluous and I hate that DC's made concessions for his fanbase for years.
>>
>>87646664
Basic rule for Dixon comics is his Marvel is mostly decent to excellent, his DC is mediocre, his IDW is not bad, and his Eclipse is at least above average.
>>
>>87647623
Hey I liked his work during Knightfall.
>>
>>87646959
I appreciate Tim Drake for bringing Robin back into the fold. He was possibly the blandest way to do it, and they ended up mostly separating him from Batman in a counter-intuitive move, but he did pave the way to make Batman and Robin the iconic Dynamic Duo again.
>>
>>87646959
TimDrake was interesting before Identity Crisis, but yeah, after that he's just another orphan.
>>
>>87646664
I enjoyed it as a kid, but I don't remember much besides Cluemaster and his daughter, Czonka, Lady Shiva, and this guy who looked like he was Bullock's cousin but was a state trooper instead of a city cop.
>>
>>87647623

I've read a lot of (if not all) of Dixon's Batman stuff but never any of his Marvel stuff. Any recommendations?
>>
>>87646664

Dixon is a solid B writer. His stuff is never bad but never great. Loved his Robin comic when it was coming out but other then Spoiler being pregnant I can't remember anything from the 100+ run.
>>
File: co-recommended-punisher-comics.jpg (874KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
co-recommended-punisher-comics.jpg
874KB, 1600x1200px
>>87648020
Punisher, Alien Legion, Seven Block, War Man, Car Warriors, Lawdog, etc.
>>
>>87647952
>they ended up mostly separating him from Batman in a counter-intuitive move

They're kind of doing that with Damian now and I'm not sure how I feel about it
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.