[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /co/ think he will make a good Grinch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (73KB, 690x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 690x500px
Does /co/ think he will make a good Grinch
>>
Yes.
>>
He already did
>>
>>87645671
Damn skippy he will, considering that he was LITERALLY named by Doctor Seuss
>>
>>87645671
Yes, he's a very good voice actor.

The character design could be a little better. It'd be nice if his eyes were colored properly.
>>
>>87645671
why is this gigantic queer suddenly in everything now?
>>
>>87645671
Idk Jim Carey set a pretty high bar.
>>
>>87646405
He has been for a while now.

You should be more fond of him, he once referred to black people as "coloreds" in an interview.
>>
>>87646442
Colored is the PC term for blacks/niggers
Am I missing something here
>>
>>87646429
Oh, I'm sure Jim is just tickled that Bendydick doesn't have to worry about the make-up.
>>
He has a good voice and I'm sure I will forget its even Cumberbund. Unlike the Jim Carrey movie where no matter how decent the movie actually was it just feels like Jim Carrey in makeup with a potbelly.
>>
>>87645671
I don't see the voice working. Karloff is just too perfect.
>>
>>87646593
>it just feels like Jim Carrey in makeup with a potbelly.

I fail to see the problem with that, Carrey was pretty fucking funny back then.
>>
>>87646538
No, see, it's a slur now, because it was PC back when they didn't have any rights. Tumblr threw a fit over it.
>>
>implying the movie won't completely be about Cindy Lou
>>
>>87646617
Karloff was perfect in the cartoon, Carrey was perfect in the movie. They can write a third Grinch suited to Cumberdale.
>>
>>87646760
It won't. They learned from The Lorax that the Seuss villain is what makes the bux.
>>
>>87646760
>>87646779
Besides, the Carrey film used Cindy Lou as the audience surrogate, and they're probably going to stray as far from that as they can. It wasn't a disaster like The Cat in the Hat, but purists don't like it.

What we have to worry about is Max having a Minion voice and personality.
>>
>>87646779
>thinking the lorax movie was good.
>>
>>87645671
IS THAT BEN "CUM IN HER HATCH" CUMBERBACH
>>
>>87646827
It wasn't good by any stretch, but for a time in 2012, a huge portion of people developed a crippling sexual obsession with the Once-ler, and they want that cash flow again.
>>
>>87646540
Heh
>>
>>87645671
CINDY LOU WHO, I'VE COME TO BARGAIN
>>
I think he would do a good grinch. But I don't want a new grinch. Old grinch is timeless.
>>
>>87645671

He should.

better than Karloff or Hans Conreid...debatable.
>>
>>87645671
i want to hear him say the lines
and i want to watch the motion capture footage, if its half as mesmerizing as what he did for smaug then it will be worth it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHuXSZv6Tqs
>>
>>87645671
He'd probably be fine, but that design could use some improvement

It feels too safe and marketable
>>
>>87645671
for a 30 minute special? Yes.
For a whole 1 hour movie? No.
>>
>>87645671
The better question is. Will he make a better Grirch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz_W6BOgEXg
>>
YOU'RE A BAD ONE, CUMBERBATCH
YOU ACTING MAKES ME REEL
YOU HAVE THE VOCAL TALENT OF A RETCHING OLD PIG SQUEAL
CUMBERBATCH
YOUR FACE IS ONE THAT I WOULD WANT TO QUICKLY CONCEAL
>>
Well now I do, after seeing Dr. Strange.
>>
Your brain is full of Spain, you've got Spain in your brain, Mr. Grir
>>
>>87651323
>Animated movies
>1 hour long
This isn't the fifties anymore, gramps.
>>
Anything to give him a chance to do more comedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbsYIN3oVBg
>>
>>87651251
>Cumberbatch on all fours flopping around in a onesie while snarling and making weird faces
Oh god this is the most hilarious thing I've seen in weeks
>>
File: 50 shades of kek.jpg (35KB, 293x298px) Image search: [Google]
50 shades of kek.jpg
35KB, 293x298px
>>87645977
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.