[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MAN-THING THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 1577005-11_tbolts154_covcol.jpg (64KB, 421x640px) Image search: [Google]
1577005-11_tbolts154_covcol.jpg
64KB, 421x640px
MAN-THING THREAD
>>
I, too, enjoy surrogate Swamp Thing.
>>
I've recently been reading some of Gerber's Man-Thing work through the Howard The Duck omnibus and the trade of Infernal Man-Thing, I've found it to be enjoyable. It seems somewhat ahead of it's time though, can anyone tell me if the rest of the 70s stuff was as good?

>>87624427
Except Man-Thing came first and has totally different powers?
>>
>>87624444
I'm glad somebody else is enjoying Gerber's Man-Thing - it's a really under-appreciated book. I'd say read anything else Gerber wrote with the character - and of course, the rest of his Howard the Duck too.

It really was ahead of its time - sadly, because nowadays most people only know 'Giant Sized Man-Thing" as "that Marvel book that inspired countless internet dick jokes."
>>
>>87624518
What's the best way to read it physically? I see there was an omni but that's long out of print now.
>>
>>87624444
I've read through most of Gerber's Man-Thing. What's best to read next?
>>
>>87624908
Howard the Duck. He spun out of Man-Thing as a supporting character and continues and escalates Gerber's satire of modern society, which is still relevant today.
>>
>>87624699
Man-Thing by Steve Gerber Vol. 1 and 2
>>
>>87624352
Does anyone have the toad of peace? I can't find it anywhere
>>
>>87624908
Read Gerber's other stuff. Omega the unknown, Howard the Duck and Hard Time are great.
>>
>>87624444

>can anyone tell me if the rest of the 70s stuff was as good?

Besides Gerber, I think Don McGregor, Steve Englehart, Jim Starlin and Doug Moench delivered some of the best Marvel books of that period.

I personally enjoy Englehart's Dr. Strange and Starlin's Warlock runs.
>>
File: tank.jpg (97KB, 799x1122px) Image search: [Google]
tank.jpg
97KB, 799x1122px
>>
File: something something pepe.jpg (1MB, 988x1591px) Image search: [Google]
something something pepe.jpg
1MB, 988x1591px
>>87627534
>>
>>87628375
blessed be your name anon
>>
File: 1449802501675.png (393KB, 375x538px) Image search: [Google]
1449802501675.png
393KB, 375x538px
>>
>>87624352
I miss my friends' podcast, "Giant-Size Man-Things". I was making all sorts of designs for potential t-shirts that their fans really liked, but two of the three podcasters dropped out just before we got around to having them made.

I'm going to get this one printed for myself at some point.
>>
>>87624699
I think they've since been reprinting the omni in trades of Man-Thing By Steve Gerber: The Complete Collection. Same goes for Howard The Duck.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.