[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did South Park become so unfunny?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 515
Thread images: 54

How did South Park become so unfunny?
>>
That's not very gentlemanly of you Bill.
>>
>>87619742
They lost touch with the fedora crowd, and they can't touch their own faults. All that is left is some inverse PC joke -culture.
>>
>>87619742
I pretty sure trump being elected fucked up there plans on their season. They probably didn't expect it and didn't put a whole lot of effort on the B episode.
>>
>>87619742
They were caught completely off guard and had to scrape something together from their echo chamber that told them there was no way the Hilary winning episode they made instead would not be the one they used.

Basically they're just very out of touch.
>>
>>87619869
But would the Gentleman Club thing have been funny if Hilary won?
>>
They're the new Simpsons.
>>
>>87619742
OH, boy...I can't wait to get SJW'd from the right, and the left.
>>
>>87619904
I guess the truth.....is somewhere in the middle
>>
It was alright.

>we've learned that a woman can be anything. Except president.
>>
>>87619816
that's what happens when you kick everyone out that thinks differently and create an echo chamber of your own beliefs
people who boast about being diverse have some pretty bad group think retardation
>>
Maybe you're just an unfunny douche OP?
I laughed prrtty heartily at all of Bill and Bill's scenes. Shit was hilarious.
I bet your sophisticated humor only self didn't even laugh at the rick roll or picle pressin
>>
>>87619922
this year we have learned many things
women can make shitty comedies in a vain attempt to get back at the patriarchy and fucking flop hard enough to nearly make sony go belly up
we also found out that women can lose in presidential campaigns too

isn't it a great day for progress
>>
>>87619742
By spreading a single episode's worth of jokes over 7 (or more) episodes. Not to mention their intensely, distractingly blatant bias.
>>
>>87619742
A couple Bill and Bill scenes were kind of funny, but that was mostly just from the introduction after that it became dull. And that scene with Bill trying to drum up his shitty failure of a wife Turd Sandwhich as this grand super genius schemer was retarded. You cant try to pull that off when in the same episode she was meeting under a bridge with someone whining about how the election was "stolen" from her.

I'm guessing they planned to go with something along those lines from the start but now have to try it out anyway. Problem is the effect is completely lost now.
>>
>>87619742
>become
>implying it was ever funny in the first place
>>
>>87619869
>>87619939
>SOUTH PARK INSULTED TRUMP
>THEY ARE SJW KEK NUMALES
Too obvious m8
South Park is anything but an echo chamber. They are pretty varied in who they make fun of and they always have been.
And they're no more out of touch than every major news outlet in America.
>>
>>87619922
There are more people who voted for her simply because she was a woman than people who voted against her simply because she was a woman.
>>
>>87619984
they are on comedy central the whole reason people keep saying how trump is anti LGBTQRSTUV when he has absolutely no record of saying anything related to that
>>
>>87619984
Please be more mad. I want to see if it's possible.

And they were definitely digging more into Trump than Hilary this season. Not even a fucking Trump supporter but you wouldnt need to be one to see that.

What'd they say about her? That she's a Turd Sandwhich? Or reads off a Prompter too much? Oh damn that's definitely comparable to all the shit they said about Trump. If you watched the season 19 commentary you'd know that they didnt like Trump and in fact did not want him to win.
>>
>>87619991
I voted for her because I wanted off the meme train. I guess I'll have to wait 4 more years.
>>
>>87619920
>moderates have always been the most hated people by every group in history on all sides of any conflict

the one thing virtually everyone can agree on is that moderates are fucking cancer. kill yourself, you spineless faggot.
>>
>>87620009
>My standards are, they need to make fun of Hilary more, or equal to my canidate.

>YOU'RE THE ONE WHO's MAD!
>>
>>87619984
Nobody's talking about Trump.

The "jokes" were just bad. Other than the Bill Clinton dance number, what was there? It was nothing but celebrities doing things celebrities shouldn', strung together by a half assed plot. This was zombie Simpson's levels of unfunny, and the rest of the season has been just as bad.

Go back to things like Rainforest Shmainforest or Child Abduction Is Not Funny. They had plots and still focused on being funny. These giant season long attempts at topical story arcs are just fucking tedious.

The show just needs to die at this point.
>>
>>87619984
>And they're no more out of touch than every major news outlet in America.
So ridiculously out of touch? Cool, kay thanks.
>>
>>87620017
Moderates are only cancer when they can't back up their beliefs, which happens to be a large portion of them. The worst ones are the guys who try signalling how smart and educated they are about politics by saying "both suck we're screwed who cares." There are moderates who aren't cancer though.
>>
>>87619742
the season went to shit with this episode. only laughted at Gerald dropping the truth bomb at kyle.
>>
>>87620035
Well, i'm not using greentext strawmen, so yeah.
>>
>>87619984
not true.

I just think they didn't expected trump to win. thats why the episode went to shit.
>>
is it another

>they made fun of me so it's not funny

episode
>>
>>87620017
Godamn it, no one wants to be in your war. /pol/ or tumblr.
>>
>>87620043
Season 18 and 19 were way better than this one though. The problem is they stopped trying to be funny and tried to make a completely continuous plot. Only they're pulling it off shoddily and it reads more like one super long episode, complete with the same jokes.
>>
>>87620006
Right? The only thing the LGBT community would even have to fear Trump would be if he keeled over or ironically impeached and Pence became the president. He's made it very clear he gives no shits about stepping in the way gay marriage or transgender rights.
>>
>>87620072
I think it's more like

>They put all their eggs in one basket and tripped now have to make a whole new one in less than a day
>>
I hate memberberries so much

Its such a stupid plotdevice and such a fucking forced meme. And I hate the fucking Nostalgiatrip Cinema is on right now too, yes. But fuck, now if you just say "Well, I liked Southpark better when they did maximum three episodes with connected plot and otherwise had one off episodes" on any Southparkdiscussionplace you get "HURR I MEMBER I MBER HURR"

Fuck the Turd Sandvich and giant Douche Episode parodied this election way better, and did it in one episode, not a whole fucking season with only 5 jokes stretched over the entire season and repeated ad nauseum.
>>
>>87620006
>>87620096
I've heard claims that he'll try and repel some same sex laws but saw no link or video. No one tried to disprove the claim either though.

Either way i've seen more visible examples of his pro-gay stance so until then he's still the one you want to support over Pence.
>>
>>87620016

Meme train: Has no brakes motherfucke-

> The meme train derailed

> Anon perished in the ensuing crash
>>
>>87620131
I member too.
>>
>>87620131
Member when Southpark was good?
>>
>>87620131
Season 19 pulled it off so much better. There were overarching plot lines but each episode tackled a very different subject matter that still tied into the overall plot. Each one was good or great and packed with great jokes.
>>
'member a time before this election?
>>
File: Member.png (545KB, 640x872px) Image search: [Google]
Member.png
545KB, 640x872px
>>87620131
>>
>>87620072
Who did they make fun of this season? The Danish?

They don't even have fucking jokes!
>>
>>87619742
It's just another zombie comedy show like the Simpsons and Family Guy (supposedly at its end) that ran out of ideas but still loves milking money.

But I can't say there is any promising replacements besides the occasional Adult Swim thing.
>>
>Don't have the will to actually pit Trump against Hillary, instead tossing in a proxy character and a one-off Canadian Caricature.
>All but declare their show as seperate from reality, then put a half dozen consecutive episodes reliant on real world events.
>The introduction of PCP, a hyper competant (by SP standards) adult who is also a permanent town resident, something that would be shark hopping if it was done in earlier seasons.
>Undercut a "Butters tells off Cartman" scene by not having Cartman be actively antagonistic in over a dozen episodes.
>Literally dehumanize Garrison!Trump and his supporters via an overstretched, forced meme in order to serve a season long arc that would have been 2-3 episodes in season <16.
I'd say I didn't care, but I spent 5 mins writing this...
>>
>>87619984
No, they got comfortable.
They've been big for so long that they didn't think they could fuck up.

In all honesty, I'd have loved to see their reaction because of how humbling it'd be.

For the first time ever, they've misread the political climate so bad that it bit them.

Hopefully, this means the episodes will get better next season.
>>
>>87619794
Family Guy is the fedora show though.
>>
'member when OP wasn't such a fag?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-16-22-36-44.png (333KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-16-22-36-44.png
333KB, 960x540px
>>87620399
>OP
>Not being a Fag.
>On 4chan
>>
>>87620017
Since fucking when? The extremes of either side are always more hated, you fucknut. Go back to /pol/ or tumblr, i can't tell which you are anymore cause you guys are 2 sides of the same coin.
>>
>>87619742
they gambled several episodes on the election and now it's just a hot mess because they predicted everything wrong.
>>
I don't think that South Park is losing it's way, but I agree that this episode sort of meandered around the issue. Compare with the post-election episode in 2008, which spoke about it's election front and center.

Of course, also absent from that episode was its inclusion in a season-long story arc, so this episode seemed more concerned with continuing the trolling storyline than with the actual election. Although to be fair, I feel like South Park already more than adequately addressed the issues behind Trump's popularity during the primaries, so it wasn't like they were exactly out of touch.

I agree that this episode is weaker, though, mostly because it devotes itself to pushing plot-arcs forward more than anything else.
>>
File: 1445812662547.jpg (112KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
1445812662547.jpg
112KB, 1152x864px
>>87620017
Only an SJW nigger, whether left or right, would be this triggered by moderates.

Eat my shit.
>>
What is this episode like in the Berenstein universe?
>>
File: 1302719984002.png (58KB, 205x199px) Image search: [Google]
1302719984002.png
58KB, 205x199px
>>87620414

In this timeline we have no use for liberal propaganda.
>>
>>87620334
Garrison is Trump because Garrison killed Trump last season, you fucking goon
>>
File: RRH.jpg (29KB, 481x362px) Image search: [Google]
RRH.jpg
29KB, 481x362px
>>87620424
>>87620423

4 fucking seconds.
>>
>>87620006
LGBT aren't worried about Trump. They're worried about Pence. But of course the media isn't covering all his insane shit.
>>
I honestly feel like they want to make another Idiocracy, but don't actually care enough to make a movie. They keep basing every season around half-assed ideas about society so they can push memes (like "Remembering things is dumb!" or "Ads are bad and also SJWs are related somehow?") without having to bother with comedy.

It's just so unfunny now.
>>
>>87620425
Rather certain that was just a proxy.
Wasn't he in season 5?
>>
I hope Garrison stays as president for the entirety of Trump's term(s) while still being a recurring character.
>>
>>87619742
>claims SP is unfunny
>while posting the best joke this season

Bill n' Bill's Gentlemans Club had me rolling
>>
>>87620414
Fucking this. They built everything up about how culture is hitting this extreme about men and women fighting each other, but with Trump winning it shatters everything. Showing that the more things change the more they stay the same. Also it makes the Poland plot worthless because it was building up on Hillary and her emails which is now pointless because she isn't in a position where they care about her anymore.
Also the meber berries would work for a single episode not this drawn out body snatcher shit going on.
>>
all of the plots in the episode seemed great except for the memberberries plot

the bill and bill were hilarious
>>
>>87620439
>LGBT aren't worried about Trump.
http://www.npr.org/2016/11/10/501610933/lgbt-rights-activists-fear-trump-will-undo-protections-created-under-obama
>>
>>87620462
>had me rolling

Did it? Did it really? Can you explain the comedy?

It's just Bill Clinton doing a dance. That isn't a joke. It's not even a gag.
>>
So everyone claiming that they had no idea Trump could possibly win: what was the Hillary story actually going to be? Because the way they set up Jenner in the previous episode makes it seem like they WERE banking on Trump winning
>>
>>87620483
They weren't, Parker said they had to chop up about half the episode and rework it to fit.
I wager body snatchers wasn't plan because the parts with Garrison and Randy felt so forced.
>>
>>87620474
Being scared does not mean you have a legitimate reason for being scared. Trump actually had a lot of LGBT support for a Republican. Trump has been socially liberal for a while now and recently flipped to get the evangelical vote and even then didn't care about gay marriage or transgenders which was risky during the primaries.

I personally think that private businesses or groups should be able to decline service to anyone for any reason though
>>
>>87620483
>what was the Hillary story actually going to be?
We still got most of that, she sent the trolls off to be captured to hide her emails., Bills speech to butters was likely going to be a bit on how now that a woman is in power we are all going to suffer. It just all seems really disjointed and forced now.
>>
File: 1341665320792s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1341665320792s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>87620467
>>87620502
>They were betting on a Hillary victory so much that they had several storylines planned out for it

Jesusdick, they really dropped the ball this season
>>
>>87620476
>That isn't a joke.
it's two celebrity level fame accused rapists giving lectures on being a proper gentleman
>>
>>87620006
here you go, champ
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/nov/03/hillary-clinton/hillary-clinton-says-donald-trump-wants-undo-marri/
>>
Kanye 2020

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JJcmCME_jG8
>>
>>87620531
I agree with you but I'm a big believer in all freedom or not at all
That said it's pointless as fuck people would learn ways around the system
>>
>>87620546
Sounds exactly like something straight outta Family Guy
>>
>>87620476
This.
They pulled the "Cosby is creepy" joke about a year too late.
>>87620502
Honestly, the body snatcher scenes might have worked if trump had lost if you changed the dialogue a bit.
A shame though, I was looking forward for a Sixth Sense parody featuring Kenny and his sister, complete with the "I see dead people" line said by one of them.
>>
File: 1470897517588.png (151KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1470897517588.png
151KB, 576x432px
Jesus Christ, last season all the sjws got all butthurt but this season it's all the republicans, you obnoxious little shits, they are mocking both of them.
>but they have to make fun of them equally otherwise It's unfair!
No, they don't, that's not how things have ever worked, how fucking young are you little retards, is this the first time you have ever been political? It happens every fucking election season, that the presidents and those running for president are ripe for mockery.
This time is no different.
What the fuck are you thin-skinned faggots even doing on 4chan, go back to Redit and be offended over there, how the fuck do you even get offended on someone's else's behalf?
Now /co/ is full of butthurt tumblr and reddif/pol/ faggots that only come to South Park threads to be offended and complain about the show instead of talking about the episode.
>>87619742
It was obviously a rushed episode and didn't have time to write it properly and therefore just repeated themselves.
>>
>>87620425
That was Canadian Trump. American Trump is still alive and well in the SP universe.
>>
>>87620552
Forcing devout religious people to provide services for weddings they disagree with on theological grounds isn't freedom and in the case of gay marriage it's literally oppression of the majority for the sake of a small minority

Also pro-gay cake bakers would be glad to monopolize the gay marriage industry, since gays get divorced and remarried rapidly apparently
>>
>>87620531
He had at least several occasions declaring support and protection for the LGBT community. Though that might have also coincided with the fear of radical islam, but hey that's still nice.
>>
>>87620578
I love this strawman
>>
>>87619816
It's seemed like an A scenario to me. All the plot lines developed logically (according to the South Park logic, at least).
>>
>>87620545
It's what happens when you ride on hubris. It's also what happens when you just assume you can beat the competition on groundless reasons.
Really the 2016 elections are the Tortoise and the hair tale.
Moral of the story, never understatement an opponent.
>>
>>87620556
They had a "cosby is creepy" joke back in their 2014 thanksgiving/christmas end of season 3 part special when they had hologram tupac team up with hologram mr. jefferson/michael jackson to take down "the man"

So they've made cosby is creepy jokes multiple times in the past 2 years, only this time they incorporated bill clinton into it
>>
>>87620552
>That said it's pointless as fuck people would learn ways around the system
What do you mean by that?
>>
>>87620593
Newsweek actually made both versions unlike South Park
>>
>>87620560
>Everyone is being retarded and irrational except me
Fuck off neutral.
>>
File: 1395622422703.png (41KB, 177x143px) Image search: [Google]
1395622422703.png
41KB, 177x143px
>>87620560
>It was obviously a rushed episode and didn't have time to write it properly and therefore just repeated themselves.
you think we don't know this?
why do you think everyone in this thread is so ornery , you melon
>>
>>87620560
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/holier%E2%80%93than%E2%80%93thou
>>
None of this bothers me except THEY DEFANGED CARTMAN. He like their mascot and he doenst have any more crazy anatics? What the fuck do you watch for now? Its definely isnt the the plot.
>>
>>87620630
Why does he have to be a sociopath at all times? Why can't he just be an asshole?
Sometimes things just get dull over time, anon.
>>
File: ri.jpg (51KB, 911x629px) Image search: [Google]
ri.jpg
51KB, 911x629px
>>87619939
That's not what happened. Less people wanted Trump to be President than they did Romney. Just even less wanted Hillary. All the black voters and everyone who bothered to show up the last 2 elections didn't.

Stop pretending there was some massive outpour and revolution when Trump lost to the guy who lost last year in terms of votes. Nobody wanted to vote for either of them, voter apathy, laziness and a failure to present a good candidate are the reason it happened.
>>
>>87620630
I hate how Stan is marching on that little celebratory cup they display for the 20th season and he doesnt fucking do anything this whole god damn season besides being a flip flopping faggot whipping his dick out in protest one second and begging Wendy back the next.

The more i look at this season as a whole the shittier and shittier it becomes.
>>
>>87620613
>I know he's right so I'll tell him to fuck off! Go safe space! :^)
>>
File: 1394659360740.gif (3MB, 291x300px) Image search: [Google]
1394659360740.gif
3MB, 291x300px
>>87620630
Oh you know they're just setting him up with Heidi just to break them up in the end and make him go rotten again , reverting back to his normal self

It's a textbook FP/Finn scenario, :it's not gonna last forever, and it's gonna be cliched as hell to the very end
>>
>>87620640
Thank you.
>>
>>87620649
swing and a miss
>>
File: 1477811491082.jpg (33KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
1477811491082.jpg
33KB, 500x362px
>>87620630
Did you miss what made him this way?
He suffered a 3rd degree concussion and was in a coma
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-ZQED7bLhw
>>
>>87620630
Cartman is literally trying to move to mars with his girlfriend out of getting out of not having his internet history being seen by her. Particularly on the new Ghostbusters movie.

What's weird though is that it could have been that Heidi didn't like the new Ghostbusters either. But, since it seems like she likes that Cartman thinks that all women are funny including herself that this wouldn't be possible.
>>
>>87620649
You're not good at this.
>>
>>87620183
This. I feel people shit on 19 too much because of Season 20s commitment to continuity. 19 started with an episode about Social Justice, then moved on the gentrification, Yaoi shipping, safe spaces and Trump/imigration, each getting their own episode that connected into the overarching theme. I think that's why people felt the finale with "Ads" was so lame, but really, each episode tackled it's own topic and Ads happened to be the last one they capstones it on.

This season has just been about trolling and the election. And Star Wars.
>>
>>87620639
Ever notice that when it's not a Cartman heavy episode, him and Kyle strangely get along?
>>
File: What went wrong.jpg (186KB, 757x1200px) Image search: [Google]
What went wrong.jpg
186KB, 757x1200px
>>87619742
I bet this is what Matt and Trey are thinking
>>
I just want it to be about funny little boy adventures again. I liked last season, I liked Tweek x Craig, but this season is just tiresome. Then again I understand the point, they "had to change" because the world changed and in PC world nothing is funny. But now we have Trump and the PC lost so let's go back to little boys.

Yes, I member.
>>
>>87620666
yes but good writers would of brought him back to hisnold ways.
>>
>>87620666
>not posting the whole scene
step up Satan
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3vrfbj
>>
>>87620560
>Jesus Christ, last season all the sjws got all butthurt but this season it's all the republicans, you obnoxious little shits, they are mocking both of them.

Literally no one in this thread is talking about politics, retard, except the people saying everyone who doesn't think it's funny is a Trump supporter. Guess what? Last season was shit too, even though it didn't like SJW's!

People are rolling their eyes at these long ass pointless story lines they keep pulling in lieu of comedy. Which is a big deal on a, you know, comedy show. South Park has been going down hill for a long time ever since they decided to become about whatever news headline crawled up their asses that week instead of being funny (with the added bonus of making sure the episodes are unwatchably dated in a month,) but now they're also saddled with a retarded """""satirical"""" plotline that goes nowhere, doesn't make any kind of actual statement, makes sure every episode is half filler, and that they play dead serious.

Every single scene where they play that same "epic movie soundtrack" song and start having a character explain whatever stupid ass plot we're doing this week just makes me want to turn the thing off.

South Park is nothing but an assembly line product now, getting farted out in under a week to be forgotten in the same amount of time. They were so proud of being able to make these things fast that they didn't stop and wonder if they should. They need to start splitting seasons or taking a couple weeks to make them or something, because what they're doing just isn't working. It's bad.
>>
>>87620682
They weren't invested in either and don't really care that he won beyond the impact on the show. Just like they announced the name of the episode "Obama Wins!" 4 years ago days in advanced, they were running off of polling - and if they got it wrong they were going to do it anyway because fuck it, it's one episode.

But this time they put the popular prediction into an overarching plot and that's where they got screwed.
>>
>>87620689
He's been like this what? 9 episodes? Trust me, by next year you'll have your asshole back, retard.
>>
>>87620692
Hey fuck you 19 was great except for the ending.
>>
>>87620009
Trump is easily more funny. His mannerisms, his base, and his stances are ripe for comedy.

You can make a few pretty good email jokes, but the entire point of the season so far was that Trump is a terrible candidate, but he'd still get more attention than Clinton, who is characterized as a literal piece of shit.
>>
>>87620692
Your president won, stop crying that South Park thinks he's still an idiot little trumptard.
>>
>>87620704
The ending in a vacuum is fine too, it just tried to tie it all together and be an "ending". Every episode tackled something differently in 19, the second to last just tackled ads and then the last episode had to pull it all together.
>>
>>87620696
>it's one episode.
They have admitted this has fuck the rest of the season up.
>>
>>87620696
>They weren't invested in either and don't really care that he won beyond the impact on the show
Except Matt and Trey said they dont like or support Trump. That's why he's not in the show. They didnt want to give him the screen time or the attention so went with Mr. Garrison.
>>
File: alex jones.jpg (57KB, 750x653px) Image search: [Google]
alex jones.jpg
57KB, 750x653px
>>87620609
Lol but CNN didn't prepare for a Trump win, they had to cobble together a "Trump wins" graphic at the last second and in their broadcast there was a brief "Trump concedes" graphic that was quickly replaced after a second or two

>>87620607
Homosex... homosex finds a way

>>87620545
>literally all the major news networks were wrong
>Nate Silver went totally bald, and was wrong

Only Alex Jones and Michael Moore were right, and Michael Moore didn't even want to be right
>>
They got old. They have became tunnel visioned and everything they hated back when they were 20. Isn't that normal?

Whatever the outcome is it can't be as bad as the PewdiePie episodes.
>>
>>87620725
Can someone please remove this shitflinging ape
>>
>>87620640
Not that guy, but it was largely due to the media poisoning the well for both candidates. 24 hours a day it was story after story about fucking emails or something Trump said taken out of context.

The guy you're replying to is right though, almost everyone thought he would lose because they listened to the MSM and their experts or polls, he never said it was some giant new age revolution.
>>
>>87620725
What are you aiming to accomplish?
>>
>>87620550
Why don't you post snopes too, fucktard?

>liberals think posting a site which is horribly biased towards liberal viewpoints makes them right

Man maybe I'll just dig up a few Breitbart and Daily Stormer articles to show you what-for!
>>
>>87620706
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>87620728
>Only Alex Jones and Michael Moore were right
I'd love to hear what they have to say now
>>
>>87620729
I can't believe they shilled PewDiePie instead of making fun of him.
>>
>>87620578
It's not just weddings, it's medical and legal services, and it's not just gays that need these services.
>>
>>87620742
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>87620591
I have no idea how that's a strawman unless I mistook your argument for a "cake bakers shouldn't be able to deny service to anyone" argument. But the fact is if you step on the rights of the religious by letting them get sued into oblivion by gays then that isn't freedom and it becomes some weird Apartheidesque relationship where the minority's rights are worth more than the majority's rights.

And this entire election was basically the majority asserting themselves against the minority and asserting that they won't let their rights be trampled.
>>
>/pol/ SO FUCKING MAD that South Park makes fun of Trump that they're retroactively stating that it was never funny, despite the fact that they laughed their asses off earlier this season when they were making fun of SJWs.
>>
>>87620759
Mad because they didn't make an episode in case trump won, and the episode we got was an obvious rush job =/= Mad because of the bantz

recognize laziness when you see it brutha
>>
>>87620640
Black voters choosing not to vote is in fact an endorsement for Trump. Blacks aren't going to vote Republican in large numbers ever, so when blacks support a Republican they just don't vote.

And there WAS a massive outpour, Trump fucking stole more than 200,000 Democrats from Hillary in PA and Florida had almost a million more people vote compared to 2012 and Trump won there.

Trump got less votes overall because of the sheer number of Republicans who voted third party.
>>
>>87620759
I'm not mad they're making fun of Trump, this episode didn't even have any Trump. But this was just boring, rushed episode. Hopefully the game will be better.
>>
>>87620449
>I honestly feel like they want to make another Idiocracy
Mike Judge made Idiocracy.
>>
>>87620630
Can't cartman just be happy? And can't we have less of him?
>>
>>87620773
>Black voters choosing not to vote is in fact an endorsement for Trump. Blacks aren't going to vote Republican in large numbers ever, so when blacks support a Republican they just don't vote.

yep, this
Hell, even back in that original AIDS skrillex video, the black guy yelling at the trump supporters got asked who they were gonna vote for and he basically said "I don't know"
>>
>>87620774
I've already abandoned hope for the game, not like it will even be out in the next 3 years.
>>
>>87620692
desu I thought the parts of 19 about the gentrification were funny

But then I was mostly watching CC for Moonbeam City and only caught the occasional South Park episode
>>
>>87620776
As in something that gets trotted out in every political discussion.

How many times have you heard somebody say "Oh man Idiocracy is real!" ? I heard it many times this election cycle, particularly. Things like the ads and especially Memberberries feel like that, only half-assed.
>>
>>87620757
>>87620752
>>
>>87620752
Private businesses and organizations should be allowed to deny service to anyone for any reason so long as they are not breaking contract. I say this as an atheist who supports marriage equality (because the government controls marriage licenses).
>>
File: 1477055948651.png (45KB, 970x875px) Image search: [Google]
1477055948651.png
45KB, 970x875px
>>87620672
>>
>>87620820
That had nothing to do with memes anon.
>>
File: use in dire times.png (38KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
use in dire times.png
38KB, 900x900px
>>87620820
>>
>>87620752
>what is a civil union

Gays literally said they didn't want the rights that would come with civil unions, they wanted marriage

Though in their defense I'm pretty sure the fundie leaders said they didn't want gays to have civil unions

But when it comes down to it both sides were being unreasonable and the gays started being even more unreasonable once they got what they wanted

There seems to be an inability for people to just live in peace and not fuck other people over when it isn't necessary to their own wellbeing, a disgusting mean streak in American people
>>
>>87620759
Nah. Thing is, this was the most important episode of the season. NO ONE knew what the fuck was going on the whole time. Nothing made sense. But yesterdays episode showed that they don't either. They jumped the shark and people get made cause they love SP usually. Anyway, nice bait there mate, u got me
>>
>>87619742
Happens to every show that goes on for too long. Matt and Trey are getting old, and the older you get the harder it is to stay in touch. You can't just keep doing the same shit forever and expect it to do well forever.
>>
File: 5f0[1].gif (3MB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
5f0[1].gif
3MB, 540x300px
>>87620773
>tfw you're black and supported Trump but didn't vote
It's only because my state is republican as fuck
>>
>>87620844
damn nigga not even online?
>>
>>87620818
>>87620831
>>
>>87620831
They wanted the same thing, not separate but equal. That isnt unreasonable.
>>
>>87620831
>Gays literally said they didn't want the rights that would come with civil unions, they wanted marriage
civil unions and marriage don't have equal rights
>>
>>87620724
>They have admitted this has fuck the rest of the season up.
>basing your entire plot and arc on a dice role
I can't help but feel bad for them. what would have been a great season now turned into a blunder.
>>
File: 1462804914868.png (103KB, 1334x1474px) Image search: [Google]
1462804914868.png
103KB, 1334x1474px
>>87620820
>2016 mspaint comics

>>87620830
>2009 mspaint comics

Where have the years gone?
>>
>>87620844
If you live in the South you have no excuse to not vote if you're black, in the past dissatisfied Southern whites have coalesced with blacks to vote Republicans into power during the 1800s and Democrats into power during the 1900s (since blacks were Republicans in the 1800s, as were rednecks- both become Democrats later)
>>
>>87620831
Faggot here, I would have been 100% ok with civil unions if they granted all of the same rights. Christians have every right to keep marriage a religious thing, I never wanted to intrude on that and many other older fags like myself agree with that sentiment.
>>
File: laughing.jpg (131KB, 525x809px) Image search: [Google]
laughing.jpg
131KB, 525x809px
>/pol/ - Well-coordinated and heavily funded Democrat team beaten by a rag-tag group of /pol/acks run by a homosexual Jew and a Billionaire with blonde hair
>>
>>87620856
>>87620853
It is unreasonable because marriage has religious connotations

Gays aren't getting married because they want Jesus/Muhammad/Moses to bless their holy union, they're getting married for tax purposes and inheritance purposes and things like that

All you have to do is not step on people's toes and be pigheaded. Luckily the religious have been bullied so much and people are so tired of the social issue bullshit that any backlash will be surprisingly tame, the South is largely focused on jobs and immigration right now rather than GAWD, hence why Trump won there and Ted "Rising Priesthood" Cruz didn't.
>>
File: 1441576243512.gif (406KB, 380x298px) Image search: [Google]
1441576243512.gif
406KB, 380x298px
>>87620874
Yeah but I'm lazy.
>>
>>87620139
he said he'd let the states decide instead, but not really go against it
>>
>>87620887
This is like the time when /v/ beat Reddit despite having shitty gear and shitty internet connections.

4chan is wonderful in our determination to ruin things for other people for laughs.
>>
>>87620896
No it isnt because while there is religious connotation to it they fucked up by tying it to government. That's the problem. It ceased being an entirely independent thing the moment the government got involved in it, it's not something ruled by independent institutions.
>>
File: Trump supports gays.png (96KB, 996x729px) Image search: [Google]
Trump supports gays.png
96KB, 996x729px
>>87620006
Trump was okay with the gay before it was cool
>>
>>87620912
goddamnit
>>
>>87620896
Well that's not 100% true, there are some religious homosexuals who wish for that, buuuut it's pretty contradictory and there are barely any of them
>>
>>87620915
My post was literally an edit of the original text
>>
>>87620912
If you go to /pol/ you'll find a bunch of retarded blue state Republicans who say the same shit about not voting Trump. In the end voting is important because it sends a message, and in the case of this election blacks in Michigan of all places (turnout in Detroit was down 40%) not voting sent the message that they didn't want to vote for the whore whose husband who sent their factory jobs to China.
>>
>>87620896
If marriage is a religious union then remove the tax benefits from it.
Also, http://intentblog.com/the-cause-for-same-sex-hospital-visitation-rights/

>the religious have been bullied
LOL
>>
>>87620923
Trump won every county in this state. If I was in a swing state I would've went
>>
>People won't vote, but they'll form violent mobs

we are such a lazy nation
>>
>>87620006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkV9dXF3VR0
Funny enough, he's completely the opposite, he loves Americans, including gays
Pence is the opposite though, he actually believes in conversion therapy
>>
>>87620943
It's human nature to be more easily motivated by hate than almost anything else.
>>
>>87620920
The problem here is that the government has been involved in marriage since the 1800s for various reasons. In any case there isn't a real good argument for the sarcastic "ohhh separate but equal". Civil unions and marriage having the same rights and benefits but one being for gays and the other for straights would literally be separate but equal in its actual intended definition instead of the "here are your books from 100 years ago, nigger" segregation-era application.

Remember that the reason separate but equal is disdained so much is because it was physically not equal, black schools and facilities were always inferior to white equivalents. In this case the gay equivalent to marriage would be legally equal, the only difference would be the name so that fundies wouldn't bitch.
>>
>>87620936
>religious cake bakers getting hit with fines of thousands of dollars isn't bullying

I'm guessing you still live with your parents and don't have any clue how money works.
>>
>>87620943
>Trump is bad because he won't accept the election results immediately
>Trump wins
>Liberals fucking riot
How do they get away with this kind of shit. People talk about Trump's "hateful and violent" rhetoric when Hillary and the media's rhetoric is used to justify violence against Trump and his supporters because they are apparently all evil bigots.
>>
>>87619742
>he says as he posts the one funny scene from the last episode
>>
>>87620921
>if two people dig each other, they dig each other.

wise words
>>
>>87620968
Maybe ideally, but they didnt carry over all the same rights and benefits.

And even then the idea that people want to be treated as equals in the eyes of the government is not unreasonable in any way. In spite of the two notions in practice stemming from different reasons the logic behind them is still unfair and designed to segregate on baseless notions besides "Its just been this way so long".
>>
>>87620943
>violent

I wouldn't go that far

>>87620963
America is a really horrifying place. As I've drifted away from the Democrats towards the Republicans I've been able to look at my old party from the outside in, and they exhibit the same kind of retarded self-righteous jingoism they accused the Republicans of. Americans in general are just kind of assholes, I wonder if there's a country were the first response isn't "I want to shoot that guy".
>>
>>87620975
Back at it with the strawman
>>
>>87620976
>because they are apparently all evil bigots

>morning after
>swastikas all over Philly
>Nazi flags flying in San Fran
>KKK on parade in NC
>anyone not white across the country getting hassled by rednecks telling them to get out or die

>apparently
>>
>>87620984
In the modern climate if they tried to make civil unions anything more than a cosmetic difference it would be repeatedly challenged in the courts and in the legislatures and become a rallying cry for the left.

Any ban on gay marriage isn't happening unless california gets nuked into oblivion, killing at least a tenth of the liberal population of America.

And at that point we probably have bigger problems than gay marriage.
>>
>>87620987
>I wouldn't go that far
Then you're a fool

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/11/us/oregon-protest-riot/index.html
>>
>>87620989
These are factual things that happened, I don't see how it can possibly be a strawman when it isn't a hypothetical.

>>87620997
I'm guessing you believe the twitter posts about Trump supporters running around grabbing pussy too

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/11/09/internet-pioneer-flies-nazi-flag-over-san-francisco-home-in-trump-protest/
>>
File: Memes were a mistake.jpg (70KB, 680x839px) Image search: [Google]
Memes were a mistake.jpg
70KB, 680x839px
Did south park mention harambe at any point?
>>
>>87619742
When you finally grew up
>>
>>87620997
Every single hate crime story on Twitter today is getting heckled by frogposters insisting that they're making it up
That's how much denial they're in.
>>
>>87621004
Which is probably why the Supreme Court just said "Hey, stop, it's legal". Way easier.
>>
>>87621011
>CNN

I see they've dumped Clinton to go back to their old ways of hyping everything else up
>>
>>87620705
Pretty much. Hillary is just mundane corrupt politician stuff, while Trump could easily be a comic book Supervillain. Hillary is boring, material wise. As a non-american, I highly look forward to america under Trump.
>>
>>87621016
Because you think the one baker who got sued is more important than all the gays who are denied rights
>>
>We just want to hang all Mexicans, bash all blacks, beat our wives and torture gays into being straight!
>WHY DON'T THEY TOLERATE US GOLL
>>
>>87621025
>things that happened
>>
>>87621019

>tfw you didn't even wake up, get dressed, or travel to a polling location on election day
>>
>>87620943
Difference is that (((Soros))) couldn't pay liberals to vote, just pay them to act like chimpanzees
>>
>>87621032
Only in this political climate can a guy who loves his country be compared to a comic book villain
>mundane corrupt politician
Kill yourself, now.
>>
>>87621038
Suing people who don't want to make you a cake because it disagrees with your religion isn't a right

>>87621032
Trump is literally Teddy Roosevelt, so you're wrong
>>
>>87620997
>swastikas all over Philly
There was graffiti of "Die Whites Die" on statues, too. It was found that it was manufactured by rioters, both white and black, in an anarchistic way. ANYONE CAN GET GRAFFITI AND PAINT SHIT. They found the Nazi symbol on the GOP building that was firebombed. Are we supposed to believe it was a Republican that did it then?
>Nazi flags in San Fran
Never heard of this. But, oh no, one city in America! The oppression of free speech.
>KKK on parade in NC
That was a group of Trump supporters with large flags. The photo was grainy as shit. The photos were fact-checked when other people found images of the supporters. None of them had anything on that would even resemble white pillowsheets. They weren't even wearing masks.
>anyone not white across the country getting hassled by rednecks telling them to get out or die
All of these stories happened TODAY. Every single story so far has been hearsay and a lot of "My friend... My relative... My child... had another person say *insert Trump phrase here*, my feelings are being hurt" with no evidence, no recordings, etc.
They could honestly make a template for half these people so that they could inflate the narrative about them even faster. Hell, the Muslim girl who said two Trump supporters assaulted here COMPLETELY LIED. But you know what there is evidence of today? An elderly white man getting beaten the fuck up by a bunch of black teenagers just because they believe he is a Trump supporter. ON VIDEO. But that's OK when Democrats do this shit. Meanwhile, all the riots and property damage and violence is being done by actual liberals who have a victim complex. They will never be satisfied because they don't like not getting their way. Tough.
>>
>>87621056
>a guy who loves his country
Just not half its people apparently
>>
File: 55608221_p0_master1200.jpg (356KB, 1200x591px) Image search: [Google]
55608221_p0_master1200.jpg
356KB, 1200x591px
The real reason this season isn't funny is not because of the trump/garrison shit

It's because they have treated this season's arc as if it's just one elongated episode, right down to reusing the same fucking jokes every episode. "girls are funny get over it" was funny to start with, but they've been using the exact same line every fucking episode and it's just not entertaining anymore

In the past they've still had self contained plots during the arc, but they've completely gone the other way this time. I can't fault them for trying something new but holy fucking shit stop using the same jokes every episode
>>
>coddled american christians live in the safest, most generous country towards them in the world
>they can't afford to give anyone else rights because it would make theirs less special
>>
>>87620997
>implying the swastika and nazi flag shit isn't a false flag
The fuck would a neo-nazi live in san fran of all places for? And even if all of those were true how does that justify violence?

Was this guy a KKK member?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnQNFBHHs6w

Was this kid a white supremacist?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52EoprTSouU
>>
>>87621067
You mean the group of Americans that aren't American citizens? Pretty sure they're less than half of America. And I'm also pretty sure their opinion on American legislation doesn't matter because they're not an American citizen.
>>
>>87621067
>even if you didn't vote for me I will fight for you
>>
>>87619742
They started doing THE PLOT
>>
>>87621067
Explain
>>
>>87621082
I'm an Australian that went through the Abbott years. Fucker makes Clinton look like a choir girl. Said exactly the same thing. Didn't believe him then, don't believe Trump now.
>>
>>87620613
Way to miss the point, just grow some thicker skin because it's something that's always happened and will continue to.
Words to live by you little shit, now let's keep the actual discussion about what's actually happening in the show unlike most of the past few SP threads.
>>
>>87621056
>guy who loves his country

between the two he was the one constantly talking about how shitty America is
>>
>>87621100
Also, I say "years" loosely. Like Trump he was hopelessly inept and unpopular as a leader, didn't even last half his term before his own party turfed him.
>>
>>87621100
You're entitled to that opinion but you can't use it in empirical arguments
>>
>>87621111
>Like Trump he was hopelessly inept and unpopular as a leader,
Trump hasn't even fucking started
Stop watching The Project
>>
>>87621109
You sound like you should take your own advice.
>>
>>87621116
Guess I should just have faith in the years of experience he has in the political arena huh
>>
>>87621062
I can't tell if you're braindead or shitposting. I mean actual rights, not some fucking cake
>>
>>87621124
Try the years of successfully managing a multibillion dollar business

You have no valid ground to be calling him inept or unpopular. The paid protests happening at the moment do not prove anything.
>>
>>87621110
It is, that's why he wants to make it great again
>>
>>87621129

Not him but:

having your religious ceremony recognized by the government, complete with tax breaks shouldn't be a right either
>>
>>87621135
>try the years of successfully managing a multibillion dollar business
>filed for bankruptcy four times
Can't wait to see him do this with America

>paid protests
sure buddy
>>
>>87621148

>using chapter 11 bankruptcy on 4 out of 500 companies makes him a bad businessman

???

Stop falling for memes
>>
>>87621141
Yeah that's true too. Honestly i think it should just be a civil union with all the benefits across the board while marriage just stays what it should have been from the start, something just done for ceremony by whatever religion you fancy if any.
>>
File: George-Soros.jpg (265KB, 3216x2412px) Image search: [Google]
George-Soros.jpg
265KB, 3216x2412px
>>87621148
>sure buddy
>>
>>87621129
Using your government-granted rights to sue people isn't freedom, now fuck off faggot retard

This shit is probably why you were denied gay marriage for so long, you're an annoying entitled dick
>>
>>87621141
I have no issue with marriage ceremonies being for straight couples only. Just give gays the same tax and hospital rights. Why is that so hard?
>>
>>87621135
You know what happened the last a genuine business genius thought he knew what was best for America, right? Viet Nam.

Business sense =/= political sense
>>
File: 1472840370994.jpg (68KB, 1022x682px) Image search: [Google]
1472840370994.jpg
68KB, 1022x682px
>>87621148
back2melbourne

Alternatively Canadians do shitposting better than you, you should just give up. Australia's time in the sun is over.
>>
>>87621178
I'm not gay though
>>
>>87621186
False equivalency
Try using some logic in your argument next time
>>
>>87621184
No one in this thread has insinuated that it is hard and have generally supported the idea of gays doing gay stuff with tax breaks on top
>>
>>87621190
That makes it even worse, you're dickriding homosexuals for a self-righteous feeling

Don't try to claim you're a libertarian either, a libertarian would agree that a system which allows one group to be sued for disagreeing with the other isn't freedom
>>
>>87621197
Well there is definitely one very loud person itt who thinks gays are entitled for wanting tax breaks.
>>
>>87621204
I'm a Democrat. And you are a classic portrait of a Christian with a persecution complex.
>>
>>87619742
Because life is much more funnier than satire.
>>
File: 123456712378.jpg (26KB, 535x377px) Image search: [Google]
123456712378.jpg
26KB, 535x377px
The democrats should be fucking renamed to "The Sore Losers Party"
>>
File: 1439335133445.png (13KB, 555x407px) Image search: [Google]
1439335133445.png
13KB, 555x407px
>>87621204
Not him, but I think the government should just get out of the business of marriage licensure period. It's a waste of time and taxpayer money.
>>
>>87621204
>That makes it even worse, you're dickriding homosexuals for a self-righteous feeling
It's called having empathy.
>>
>Trust fund brat from New York is given millions of dollars from his father and manages not to lose it all
>considered a business genius, and also hero of the working class of middle America

>simple man from North Dakota starts with nothing and builds a multi-million dollar company from scratch with nothing but his business sense and hard work
>no recognition for this at all

icing on the cake is, Trump has already started staffing his administration with the exact same lobbyists and elites he was railing against for his entire campaign. You voted for memes, when the true working class hero and successful businessman was right there.
>>
>>87621215
>literal observable persecution
>complex
>>
>>87621236
>Man turns millions into billions
That's pretty impressive
>B-B-BUT I COULD DO IT
Oh yeah, just like every other kid who got loans for college who are now in debt
>>
So why did the Democrats rally behind Clinton so much? I just don't get why they went to such extreme lengths to support one of the shittiest candidates out there. Even if they didn't like Bernie, couldn't they of just rally behind some other no-name democrat nominee instead? Surely they would've been more appealing than Trump.
>>
>>87621260
Because it was her turn, they agreed on it in 2008
>>
>>87621260
Because
>MUH FIRST VAGINA PRESIDENT
>SHE'S NOT TRUMP
That's it, democrats literally just wanted whoever was gonna continue Obama's shitty plans and be another "progressive first" President
>>
>>87621247

turning nothing into millions is more impressive by far.

One of the things Trump kept saying is that the elites and crony capitalists have stacked the deck in their favor. If you accept that as true, it automatically makes everything Trump did businesswise less impressive since he was born an elite.
>>
>>87621184
I think we reached that same agreement a while ago. Just make marriage it's own thing not tethered to a government entity.
>>
>>87621260
Obama won becuase he was Black, we had a spike of Black voters to both elections
They thought women would vote a women president in
They then went with a hag
>>
>>87621221
Reps spent eight years trying to impeach Obama, shutting down govt twice, and you think the Dems are sore losers?
>>
>>87621178
>>87621204
0/10
>>
>>87621273
I'm sorry, did the Republicans fucking riot and assault people in 2008 and 2012?
>>
>>87621260
Dude she had functioning ovaries 20 years ago, she was obviously the most qualified member the democratic party had.
>>
>>87621270
I am 100% okay with this
>>
>>87621270
that seem to be the best solution
>>
>>87621260
>So why did the Democrats rally behind Clinton so much?

They didn't. That's why she lost. Unless you meanjust the people running the party, in which case idunnolol

>>87621281
>>87621271
>>87621267

She'snot the only woman in politics though; they could have easily picked someone more likable.
>>
>>87621260
They didnt think Bernie had the same level of recognition and so no chance of winning.
>>
>>87621280
no, they did not
they also did not constantly threaten suicide
>>
>>87621260
seems like a lot of people only care about [ethnicity]/[gender] combos, so many godamn people who after the election kept talking about how bad it was that we went from black president to not woman president. fucking racists and sexists the lot of em except they would never see themselves as such.
>>
>>87621270
This. It should be controlled by private groups.
>>
>>87620671
That'd actually be kinda clever with Cartman self destructing so hard.
>>
>>87621286
But dude it was her turn.
>>
>>87621292
fuck anyone who only voted Clinton because she's a woman
I want there to be a female president but I don't want the first female president to be a shitty one.
>>
>>87621289
That's not true, they weren't underestimating Bernie, he was only for getting the youth vote excited. They planned Hillary running after she lost to Obama along with Time Kaine.
>>
>>87621291
>they also did not constantly threaten suicide
You know what they would do if they werent hacks? Have Scot Malkinson be the stand in for those people. He was already making bullshit claims of leaving social media earlier. But i bet they wont even remember that was a thing and just continue to spiral around the drain.
>>
>>87619962
That's not a nice thing to say about SS
>>
>>87620006
Can you tell me what everything after T is please, senpai?
>>
File: ottsturn.jpg (23KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
ottsturn.jpg
23KB, 576x432px
>>87621310

IT'S OTT'S TURN, FRANK
>>
>>87621019
What did you think Butters walking around with his dick out was all about?
>>
>>87621292
I agree. SJWs and the sort make it hard being a liberal when they constantly race bait and not focus on the real issues.
>>
>>87621316
the worst ones were the guys who were being completely ameri-centric, talking about how electing Clinton was going to be this gigantic milestone for women everywhere now that they finally had a female leader! Ignoring women like Thatcher and Merkel in modern times and Victoria, Catherine the great etc.
>>
>>87621334

Q is queer, and RSTUV are the letters that come after Q
>>
>>87621310

She did get her turn. She got ran over by the Trump train just like everyone else before her. Whoo whoo.
>>
>>87621310
I didn't vote Trump (because I lived through his effects on Atlantic City and didn't see him change much from that) but the bottom line is that he won because Hilary's team kept spouting shit like that.
If you're broke, you're not going to give a shit about making history or the first female president, or how much of a scumbag the other guy is, so long as he's at least paying lip service to the fact that you're broke. You can't eat feminism. You can't pay health insurance with not being problematic.

Hiliary never really made the argument as to why we should've voted for her outside of "he's worse" and EVERYBODY does that.
>>
>>87621338
my favourite tweet from after the election was someone saying something along the lines of:
"fucking white men, why are you all so sexist and racist?"
>>
>>87621360
>Hiliary never really made the argument as to why we should've voted for her outside of "he's worse"

doesn't help that she focused more on his fee-fee hurting sound bites than on the actual communities he's destroyed.
>>
File: 1433882988756.jpg (399KB, 872x884px) Image search: [Google]
1433882988756.jpg
399KB, 872x884px
>>87619742
I think the saddest thing about all this massive disappointment from the season is just how much fucking potential it had to be so fucking good.

You have this huge landmark election, all this crazy, divisive vitriol that splintered the nation more so than it has ever been in recent years. They could have touched on this huge level of disillusion and disenfranchisement that a lost section of the nation was feeling, which led to all this bedlam after this was finally felt across the nation. Last season was so damn promising too with how well they pulling off the over arching story structure with episodes having their own story beat that was different from the last but contributed to the greater whole.

This season could have been amazing. It had such good material from this election and so many ways they could have taken it in. Instead we got them repeating "Girls are smart and funny, people just like Trump for nostalgia, random trolling, dicks out for harambe, go to Mars". They a fuck ton of plot threads that are going no where and arent going to come together at all cohesively. It's just the same shit over and over every episode. They're the ones doing the same shit now, they're the ones resting on their laurels just doing what they think is comfortable.
>>
>>>/pol/
>>
>>87620556
The joke was they were saying subtly that bill was a rapist by putting him next to bill.
>>
>>87620554

Family Guy would have said "this is just like that time Bill Clinton and Bill Cosby gave me courtship advice" and had a flashback of them teaching Peter how to properly dose chloroform or something.
>>
>>87621376
desu that would have fallen flat too since they tried the "he claims to be Scottish but fucked up this area of Scotland to build a golf course" angle for a short while.

Trump won because from the start he was bombastically talking about jobs, trade and immigration. He said many retarded things, but most of those retarded things were on the subject of his main campaign points.

Hillary just kind of said "I'm Hillary" and was surprised when a no-name Vermont Senator was suddenly pulling 45% of the vote in polls just for talking about jobs and trade
>>
>>87620467
>but with Trump winning it shatters everything

The popular vote is at only a 300k difference between the two, with Hillary leading. I think this article really called it.

http://slatestarcodex.com/2016/11/07/tuesday-shouldnt-change-the-narrative/
>>
>>87621286
>>87621281

"Her turn" memes aside it's because the upper echelon of the democratic party are super self serving and have been out of touch with the rest of the country for decades. Clinton was willing to suck their dicks as best she could and was part of a dynasty so they let her have a go at it thinking they had a super fucking easy race.

As people have said Trump didn't win because he was adored he won because people fucking hated Clinton. Clinton had the backing of essentially every single source of major media in the country spewing out a media campaign so gigantic that she had virtually 24/7 biased as fuck news going for her and still fucking lost.

They made super stupid assumptions and it bit the democrats in the ass. They assumed they'd get the minority vote, the female vote, and the youth vote and they didn't. Blacks and latinos gave zero fucks about this election and just didn't vote, a large amount of women voted for Donald, and they burnt a bridge as large at they fucking possibly could with Bernie Sanders. I cannot imagine how many votes they lost from first time voters this election because of Bernie Sanders not running.

Even now we see the younger generation of Dems fucking goign ballistic at how short sighted and retarded the old white fucks running the party were this time. They assumed they'd have all the above groups voting simply because Clinton was a democrat and they told them to vote because trump was a bad boogeyman and if you voted you'd be racist too while running a candidate nobody gave a fuck about at best and at worst (and it clearly was at worst) hated her more than Trump.

Despite being labeled as literally Satan for a year straight Trump gave a legitimately nice effort in appealing to middle america who the dems glossed over and he won because of that.

TL;DR

Hillary was willing to play ball so they let her run and they got cucked out of every relevant office.
>>
>>87620943
She got the popular vote so technically more people voted in her favor. You assume these aren't those people
>>
>>87621376

They blew through most of that smokescreen during the Primaries.

Genius move. They figured he'd never make it all the way through so they just kept unloading to keep Jeb in the game.

Nate Silver's Gold Standard on polling being full of shit this time.

(Ahh Watching TYT election coverage and still hoping Nate Silver is right until the end HA HA HA HA. So much salt.)

But he destroyed The Clapper and by then all they had was the specious lunacy of a repeatedly refiled case with no evidence.

A lawsuit tainted by Clinton ties and a parade of nothings with mean nothing to a guy who's been married three times and each marriage a tabloid story and pop culture joke.
>>
>>87621412
Paid Agitators.

Course this won't be Egypt no matter how much Soros and Hillary would like it to be.

Gets really serious Marines would end this right quick.
>>
>>87621394

No, Family Guy wouldn't have done that, because that actually sounds funny. Needs more outlandish and out of place gore, followed by shouting and some bodily fluids.
>>
>>87621419
Now he just has to make it through his Nov 18th court appearance
>>
>>87621430
Which is another nothing.
>>
>>87621426
I thought that too. Seems like something the alt right would do to discredit them. First day was almost all peaceful and then when the right got its gears in motion there is suddenly random property damage
>>
>>87621412
> She got the popular vote

I love this narrative. How do you say that if votes are still being counted?
>>
>>87621380
South Park was going to be shit this year simply because real life was actually funny this year

Trump made reality funny and interesting with his dickery and his constant shitting on everyone around him, comedy could never compare to it

This is why South Park needs to just stay in their own southparkverse and make garrison the president or simply not mention this plotline again in the future

Trump says stupid shit, but he usually does it to bait people into being even dumber than him. He isn't like Bush who said stupid shit so that he would sound "down home". Trump is a menace to anyone who tries to poke fun at him, because it's always a trap so he can banter you into oblivion.
>>
>>87621443
And its not even the overseas military ballots in those total yet.
>>
>>87621408
She's only leading because of California though, this isn't 2000 when Bush won in Florida by 600 votes. Trump is ahead by tens of thousands in the states he needs to clinch the presidency, the Californians voting vigorously is irrelevant to the process.
>>
>>87621440
My mistake, the class action lawsuit across several states is the 28th. Fraud seems like a serious thing when he promised to make education great again and then cashed the checks and ran
>>
>>87619939
Even Trump thought he will lose . That's why he said the election will be manipulated.
>>
>>87621276
>suing people is a right

I hate this country, I really do
>>
>>87621443
Because I can count. You could bitch the same about the Electoral College being up in the air. As of RIGHT now. She has the popular vote
>>
>>87621449
Its how he won a frugal campaign. Say inane stuff that gets the media attention FOR WEEKS. Ties up the coverage so that everyone else gets none.
>>
>>87621466
wat
>>
>>87621467

Are you retarded? It's impossible for Hillary to win the electoral vote. But Trump can still win the popular vote.
>>
>>87621449
Yeah but South Park works pretty good when they're taking the craziness of reality and turning it up or putting their own twist on it. It's like they didnt even try to touch on reality though, they went with their own vision of reality which turned out to be something completely off the mark.
>>
>>87621476
Yea taking Pennsylvania and Wisconsin ended her prospects.
>>
>>87621476
As of right now, he isn't and hasn't. The point behind the original post was anon bitching not enough people voted for her and now the non voters are rioting.

My point was she currently has the popular vote and of those 50 plus million, we have barely 200k rioting over the rigged system
>>
>>87621409
>trump didn't win because he was adored

Wrong, I've written a shitton of theses about this

Trump won because the country was split between the people who hated both, those who hated Trump, those who hated Clinton and those who loved Trump

Having people who love you- especially in swing states- is the biggest boon you can have
>>
>>87619742
Hey, guys. Guess what?

Guess what?

I liked it.
>>
>>87621505
It's not wrong.

I mean he literally won because more people in relevant states voted for him yes but when you look at the data basically nobody fucking voted this year. His swing states weren't massively for trump because they weren't massivily for anybody nobody voted for Clinton where it mattered.
>>
>>87621419
>Nate Silver's Gold Standard on polling being full of shit this time.

Keep hearing this a lot. Here are the facts.

1. Nate Silver does not conduct polls. He only interprets them. If there is some institutional problem with the polls that underreport Trump support, it's not on him.

2. Wile Nate Silver was giving Trump about a 35% chance to win, most other major predictors were giving him more like 12%. He was actually catching a lot of flak from within the business for giving Trump such high odds. If anything, he should be lauded for his methods since he was closer than most.

3. Trump winning does't give us a whole lot of valuable data on what his odds were. If I flip a coin once and it comes up heads, you can't say that means there was a 100% chance of it coming up heads and anyone who said 50 is wrong. If we redid this election over 100 times, it's still possible trump would only win 40 of those times, especially looking at how close it was.

I'd like to see the research you did that qualifies you to talk about how little Nate Silver knows.
>>
>>87621505
Also those that were tired of the status quo of Big Government and wanted someone to take a wrecking bar to it.

Trump rode through with people that wanted to see something done and not a measly half measure.
>>
>>87621480
The problem here I think is that "Trump goes to Washington" literally sounds like a South Park parody episode

Trump's campaign became a parody of reality within reality- it was why /pol/ loved it so much, because it seemed to be tearing the entire fabric of reality into a universe where crazy shit was the norm (besides the SJW crazy that already existed I mean)

Trey and Matt couldn't believe their eyes because no one is used to a politician coming out of nowhere and grabbing people by the pussy like that, no one thought such an unconventional, strange, unorthodox, weird and often uncouth brute of a candidate could win

They put their money on the "typical politician", regardless of how corrupt they were their faith in the system was so eroded they assumed that the sleazebag with blood on her hands and foreign money in her pocket would win with ease- and cynicism was wrong.

It was the kid with a billion dollars and a jet who won by telling people in a spurdoesque fashion they were great who won.
>>
>>87621419
Nate was still by far the best. Princeton and Huffpost were giving Hillary 99%.
>>
>>87621521
The date is showing that close to 130 million voted this year. It's down from previous years but not "basically no one". Turnout was up by nearly a million people in Florida. The fact here is that Democrats tried to swing Texas blue and failed while Trump didn't bother to try and swing California or New York red so Republicans didn't see higher turnout in either of those states.
>>
>>87621537
Yea he gave them flak for that and they were calling him full of shit. He knew something was wrong with the numbers.
>>
File: nate silver versus the universe.jpg (2MB, 845x8546px) Image search: [Google]
nate silver versus the universe.jpg
2MB, 845x8546px
>>87621537
It's easy to shit on Nate but he was the most fair to Trump, probably because unlike Princeton he isn't a 300 year old university and has an actual brand to protect.

And I think he'll come out fine. While claiming NC and FL weren't for Trump was a blunder, literally no one saw PA, WI and MI coming so no one can blame him when his statistical models are based on polls. I just hope he does something about his balding- he should realize he looks like he's going bald from the stress of the election.
>>
>>87621547
Also he kept Hillary and Company having to defend the Upper Blue Belt and actually succeeded in getting most of it even getting a really tight race in Virginia.
>>
>>87621536
>cynicism was wrong
this is what i like the best about the american election this year, i don't like Trump but it really fills me with hope that Hillary lost.
>>
>>87621526
Nate got fucked by this election but it's actually funny how the shitty polls saved his career

He predicted FL and NC wrong but all the polls were wrong on PA so Nate comes out of this looking like a victim of circumstance rather than another biased Clintonista. He's been saved by the incompetence of others.
>>
File: 16 - 1 (32).jpg (82KB, 800x662px) Image search: [Google]
16 - 1 (32).jpg
82KB, 800x662px
>>87619742
>>
>>87621567

Would like to see if Dems could learn a lesson in four years. I doubt it because their current bench is shit and they blew just about all their PR Super Spin on 2008 and soon will have nothing to show of it.
>>
>>87620921
>But because I wasn't invited, do I still have to send them a toaster?
>>
>>87621570
>another biased Clintonista

he was giving Trump much higher odds than almost anyone.
>>
>>87621587
It's okay because unless Trump really fucks up historical trends indicate him losing re-election is unlikely

Hence it's better that Dems put up a "Romney" in 2020 to lose again before someone like Trump takes the Democratic primaries by storm in 2024 and forces the party to actually turn itself around instead of doubling down on the Clintonism.
>>
>>87621591
only because he wanted to have some cred to salvage from that sinking ship.
>>
File: Sexmonster.png (611KB, 661x764px) Image search: [Google]
Sexmonster.png
611KB, 661x764px
>>87621591
I know, that's why I said he comes out of this looking better than all those other guys

Trump's unconventional win with the rust belt- a sweep which would ensure victory even without Florida- ensures that Nate doesn't look like an idiot because no one could have seen it coming

Except Alex Jones and Michael Moore
>>
>>87620982
Yea he diffused the bathroom issue they wanted to back a central part of this campaign.

"Use whatever feels right." Paraphrased.

I've some friends and I really hope they don't hurt themselves because of the media fear mongering.
>>
>>87621603

So what evidence do you have that he IS an idiot? If everyone says something has a 10% chance of happening, and I say it's more like 30, and it happens, why should I look bad?
>>
>>87620630
Butters is taking his place, so don't worry.
>>
>>87619984
Wow, so MAD. I can taste the salt all the way over here. Go cry more in tumblr faggot.

Soon your kind will be cleansed.
>>
>>87621629
But they ruined that by having Bill say he's only acting that way cause some dumb bitch broke his heart. Which even true doesn't invalidate how right he was about what he said.
>>
File: 1476673809338m.jpg (125KB, 921x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1476673809338m.jpg
125KB, 921x1024px
>>87620550
>politifact
>>
>>87620006
It's also funny people say he is against blacks while he supported OJ fucking Simpson during his trial.
>>
>>87621662

Don King and Mike Tyson have really nice stories about their time with Trump.

And then there are Diamond and Silk two of his biggest cheerleaders he embraced from early on in the campaign.

Not to mention his desegregation of the Country Club.

He's got plenty of stories that show he was no friend of racism.
>>
>>87620862
They've lost their touch, simple as that. They're fat and lazy.
>>
File: IMG_20161110_121700.jpg (2MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161110_121700.jpg
2MB, 1920x2560px
>>87620773
>>Blacks aren't going to vote Republican in large numbers ever,
>Even though he won some of the biggest negro states like Michigan and North Carolina
>>
>>87621662
>he supported OJ fucking Simpson

that should not be presented as a positive
>>
>>87620399
'member when there wasn't so many newfags and redditors here?
>>
>>87621709
Back then it was a lost more a specious seeming case than it turned into during the civil trail. Especially if you lived out on the West Coast.
>>
>>87621709
Nigga didn't do shit. He's innocent.
>>87620773
>>If Democrats lost 25% of the black vote they would lose Virginia, Florida, Ohio and North Carolina.
>If Trump skims 25% of black voters from the Democratic Party he would win the 2016 election in a landslide.
And guess what happened?

The last Republican to win over 25 percent of the non-white vote was Richard Nixon in 1960.
Nixon won 32% of non-white voters to Kennedy’s 68%
>>
What bothers me the most is that it is clear the overall storyline of the season was written for quite some time. They arent doing episodes around completely new facts, they are just making episodes normally and stuffing some jokes about current events.

This means they have been 100% sure hillary would win for 2 months now. They havent planned AT ALL what to do if trump won.
>>
>>87620682
>I want to congratulate the feminists who pushed the message:
>the reason why you vote for Clinton is because she is a woman
>making this entire race nothing more than gender-bating stupidity

>I want to congratulate those who think Trump is anti-establishment, anti-corporation candidate
>even though he grows up at Wall Street

>I want to congratulate the evangelicals who supported a candidate who doesn't hold any Christian value.

He makes some good points there. On the other hand, fuck him for blaming third party voters. I know a guy who was doing the same thing on election night and it pissed me the fuck off.

>hurr even though you don't like hillary you should vote for her anyway because I say so

The dems maybe could have legitimately got all those third party voters if they had put up a decent candidate.
>>
>>87621732
>And guess what happened?

....not a landslide

>The last Republican to win over 25 percent of the non-white vote was Richard Nixon in 1960.
Nixon won 32% of non-white voters to Kennedy’s 68%

You trying to say nonwhites vote for the biggest crooks or what?
>>
>>87621765
Nah it was a Pit Fight. Which Trump had prepared for.
>>
>>87621765
>Implying Keneddy was a Crook
>>
>>87621619
Nate isn't an idiot and if I said that I misstyped. What I mean is Nate was going off of math and polls and the polls were wrong, but because he was more fair to Trump than others and because PA and WI and MI all fluctuated so wildly he comes out of this looking smarter than the rest of them.
>>
>>87621814
> Bay of Pigs
> Vietnam
> Not a crook
>>
>>87621732
Trump got 21 or 23% of whites

The fact here is that CA came out in droves against him, if you graded the country on votes you'd have the East and Middle being more red than ever and the far West being heavily more blue
>>
>>87621692
Turnout in Detroit was down 40% man, the blacks in Detroit didn't vote. He won Michigan because blacks stayed home on purpose and the white Democrats swapped parties.
>>
>>87621833
>of whites

Fuck I meant minorities, if he had gotten that low a percentage of whites then even as a Democrat he would have lost hilariously
>>
I know politics is a big theme on this season, but can we leave the actual political discussion for /pol/ and talk about the episode?
>>
>>87621831
Johnson was a crook because he was probably the mastermind behind Kennedy's murder just like Bush I probably tried to have Reagan assassinated

Obama and Trump both realized that type of fuckery and have VPs that people are more afraid of so they won't kill them, Hillary was down in the s of s position because it discouraged her from trying anything.

Never appoint an overly-ambitious VP, it will kill you.
>>
>>87620114
> make a whole new one in less than a day
This is not physically possible. Realistically they had two versions of the episode completed ahead of time.
>>
>>87620630
You can't be serious. Cartman has been so obviously been set up for a huge fall and it was obvious the second he started being nice. He's not gonna change long term.
>>
>>87621880

It's possible if they only had to redo a few scenes. The scenes with Garrison winning seemed particularly shitty.
>>
>>87621874
The problem is that Trey and Matt thought they'd have !Yeb! and Shillary to have a redo of their 2008 episodes but then they got Trump and fucked up.

They then assumed a lot of stuff that turned out to be wrong, which was a mistake.

So talking about politics becomes inevitable.
>>
>>87621891
I would prefer if he did since he's clearly happier being an SJW with Heidi than as he used to be. It's better if people are at least happy.
>>
>>87621940
>It's better if people are at least happy

There's a reason that "and then they lived happily ever after" doesn't come at the beginning of a story. No one actually wants to see that part.
>>
>>87621874
That's the problem with South Park, it's now about shoving politics/current events down everyone's throat, instead about the adventures of four young boys in a shitty town with dirty mouths.

When South Park stops being too topical and starts going back to the core of what it was, then we'll get the political discussions out of the SP threads.

I mean, have we even had a recent episode of the boys dealing with everyday normal life? Or has it all just been "Our real life events but now just animated in their world" episodes?

I understand that the older seasons had topics of real life in them too, but not like the extent they do now.

Make Garrison a Teacher Again.
>>
>>87621934

No one could possibly think Jeb! was going to have any chance, did they?

Jeb! is too pure for this world.
>>
>>87622010

Republican establishment did. He was basically their Hillary.
>>
They didn't agree with you.
>>
>>87621940
>caring about the happiness of a character whose sole purpose is to make the audience laugh
You're wierd.
>>
>get more votes
>lose election anyway
>american "democracy"
>>
>>87619742
That moment make me feel awkward too OP, It was so unfunny on a similar boring way of some boring family guy jokes.
>>
>>87622272
You aware all states on the USA have not the same number of population stupid foreigner?

If it was not for this system of electors, the new elected president always depended from New Yorkese and Californian votes.
>>
File: 1456345420786.png (183KB, 480x502px) Image search: [Google]
1456345420786.png
183KB, 480x502px
>>87622272
this same shit was played when Obama beat Romney and that was with 700k come January when all votes were counted Obama won the popular vote too
Trump is only behind, what? 200k? I wager by January he would have won that vote as well and just like with 2012 no one will notice that and will just take to their grave the idea that the EC made Trump president rather than the people because they can not stand the idea that They are not in a control majority like they thought
>>
>>87622497
And yet is does not guarantee that the more popular candidate wins. Which is a good thing in this case, but still.
>>
>>87622272
Just like Bush/Gore, eh?
>>
>>87622513
"popular" is a stretch her lead was 0.8%
>>
File: EPMtCX8.jpg (266KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
EPMtCX8.jpg
266KB, 1000x1333px
I miss the days before 9/11 when our country was not so politically charged that we want it in our lives like a religion 24/7
>>
>>87622513
Yes it guarantee it a lot because Big cities from Big states have liberals interests and a majority of liberals voters, especially on California and New York.
>>
>So, i noticed that the world is a fucking chaos, society is falling apart, shouldnt we try to improve?
>Shut up nostalgiafag, it is all star wars and memberberries fault REEEEE

How can Troy and Matt be so disconnected from reality? It is surreal.
>>
>>87622563
Trey*
>>
>>87622563
>that the world is a fucking chaos, society is falling apart

sure thing
>>
>>87622272
Giving slightly more weight to rural populations is something that happens in most big countries, and is definitely not exclusive to the US.
>>
>>87622563
Because they are rich, people personnalities and since Season 12 are everytimes completly dated when they make a Season about current events.
>>
>>87622563
Because they were taking thing elsewhere before the upset they basicly fuck themselves in a corner
>>
>>87620759
season 19 was great on trump, this season is just unfunny
>>
>>87622975
Well couldn't touch politics till they knew the outcome. Don't wanna wind up on a Clinton S/hit list.
>>
>>87619742
Because they don't agree with your political opinion.
>>
Trump is a NY aristocrat. He's practically a RINO. His daughter is besties with Chelsea Clinton. His wife worships Michelle Obama. I think all the MUH NON-ESTABLISHMENT FUCK THE LIBERALS CROWD CANDIDATE are in for a rude awakening.
>>
>>87623100
Go to be Ted. The Cruz ship is long gone. Maybe get one of those tickets to Canada.
>>
>>87620640
This. People who think there is actual widespread support of Trump among the secretly redpilled masses are delusional.
>>
>>87620183
Yeah, this season doesn't have individual episodes like season 19, it's just a long winded episode that's already gotten old.

And to all you fags saying that it's just trumpets getting triggered, I supported Hillary and Sanders during the election.
>>
>>87619742
What the fuck is this meme?
South park has been great all season and now, for no reason everyone pulls a heel turn and its suddenly cool to hate on the show.
Why is this happen?
What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>87623277
Trumpets truly are like DCEU fags. Even when they've got a success it's not enough unless any and every criticism is silenced.
>>
>>87623277
>South Park has been great all season

Opinion. I've hated it from episode one because of that shitty fucking berry meme and how it always seems like viral shills were fucking everywhere
>>
>>87619887
It would've made more sense.

The joke was predicated on the fact that our nation's first, First Gentleman is notorious perv Bill Clinton. It lost a lot of it's punch.
>>
>>87619742
That song made me cry of laughter. And the rick roll really got me.

Still an underwhelming episode after all the hype.
And how they handled Garrison was just horrible.
>>
File: 2ec.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>87623309
>buttfrustrated Mouseketeer tries to Correct The Record about both of his hated enemies at once
>>
>>87620682
"Waaah, it's everybody's fault I didn't get what I want!
>>
>>87620640
>Comparing final results of Romney and Obama to in-progress results of Clinton and Trump
This image is retarded.
Trump had ~900k less votes than Romney in 2012, and ~60k less votes than McCain in 2008.
Clinton had ~6 million less votes than Obama in 2012 and ~9.3 million less votes than Obama in 2008.
>>
Coming from a hands off view on the political stand point (couldn't give a shit less about Hillary or Trump), I find this season to be pretty fucking entertaining. I'm wondering how it's gonna wrap up in the final three episodes.
>>
>>87623335
I don't even understand the member berry thing. They say people voted for Trump because of nostalgia, but isn't all the nostalgia based stuff (Star Wars, Ghostbusters) being pushed by SJW's?

Hell, part of Hillary's push for a lot of people was that it was going to be a return to the Clinton days, but that backfired when Bill came out looking like a zombie and everyone used it as an excuse to bring up his harassment scandals.
>>
jesus christ the latest episode was fucking horrible
>>
>>87621449
>Trump says stupid shit, but he usually does it to bait people into being even dumber than him. He isn't like Bush who said stupid shit so that he would sound "down home". Trump is a menace to anyone who tries to poke fun at him, because it's always a trap so he can banter you into oblivion.
>joke's on you he was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>87623616

what do you expect from literal meme candidate's fans
>>
>>87623048

I dont think it is remotelly possible to top her having a snuke, even if not recent.
>>
>>87620682
>I want to congratulate to the people who make Spirit Cooking trending
>which was the non-issue of the non-issues
>"How you dare to expose how fucked up is my side!"
whoever wrote this deserves to die, or share a cage with Podesta
>>
>>87620006
what the fuck is that -RSTUV on the end of that shitshow mean?
>>
>>87620017
Tumblr on the left /pol/ on the right

Pick your side
>>
>>87619742

South Park started being unfunny right around the time they killed off Chef and did that episode that made fun of how smug liberals are for driving hybrid cars. That or the "THEY TOOK YER JOB!" one that basically said the world has no future, so let's all fuck each other over in a big-ass pile.
>>
>>87619973

>she was meeting under a bridge with someone whining about how the election was "stolen" from her.

She was playing Gerald. The "whining" wasn't sincere.
>>
>>87619742
I sweat I've been seeing this same thread when South Park is broadcasting ever since I first started coming to /co/ years ago.
>>
>>87619869
Will you niggas stop it with the out of touch meme? They may be out of touch but that has little to do with predicting the outcome of the election wrong, what if you're one of the cool kids you have alternative sources that told you for sure Trump was winning?
They played the odds and lost, like they previously played the odds and won.
>>
>>87620423
In that Universe, Mr. Garrison is the Bernie Sanders stand-in who's now President-elect.
>>
>>87624084
>Build a season long arc dependent on what is basically a dichotomic event.
>Become so convinced that one event will happen that you are caught completely flat-footed when the other event happens instead.
They shouldn't have decided to hinge their story on Hillary winning when the polls set the electoral vote at 2xx-2xx, then, right?
>>
>>87619742
this is suggesting that the last episode wasn't funny, but it was very much so. It's just that it's too closely tied with the real life events that are already a shitshow.
>>
>>87624091
Nah, Marvin would have more comedic effect as a Bernie stand-in than Garrison.
>>
>>87620043
Rainforest Schmainforest was shit though.
>>
>>87623391
I was looking forward to seeing Garrison freak out some more or grow some balls, but I guess he won't do either until they resolve this stupid member berries plot.
>>
>>87620334
Early South Park had a hyper competent adult though: Chef.
>>
>>87624028
Can't really agree with you, I loved the smug episode and the future immigrant episode, and plenty more beyond then. But early south park has a special kind of funniness it lost later on.
>>
>>87619869
Really? Because it seems like the Bill & and Bill plot, as well as the Denmerk spy thing were both artifacts of that seem mostly unchanged.
>>
>>87624361
I think calling Chef hyper-competent is a stretch
>>
>>87621746
Yeah, that is seriously coming back to bite them. It probably wasnt the best time to try and do something like that, especially if they arent going to plan out multiple paths and only wanted to take one direction when there was so much riding on that being the outcome.
>>
>>87621880
I think it's more like they simply edited the episode they were going to use to try and fit a new outcome.
>>
File: 1464238464567.png (18KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1464238464567.png
18KB, 267x200px
>>87623277
>South park has been great all season
>>
>>87624609
>You: "South park started being bad the moment it got offended by their social commentary"
>>
>>87624035
>She was playing Gerald. The "whining" wasn't sincere.
We know she was playing him, but that line is still pretty much true of how her supporters think. That was probably the only line from her to him that was sincere, along with things not going as planned. That's Matt and Trey directly telling the audience again that this isnt what they thought would happen.
>>
>>87620017
Well I say we should kill all the extremists.
>>
>>87621056
Lotsof comicbook villains love their countries though.
>>
>>87624084
I'm going to hold people accountable when they should be. They didnt even try to hedge their bets. They put it all on black, went bust, and are still trying to give us the same shit from the start. Dont blame the audience for being more aware of how close things are going then they themselves. They never even considered the possibility they'd be wrong in a season all about attempting to have a continuous story structure.
>>
>>87624232
Gerald's speech to Kyle and some Bill and Bill scenes are all the funny i saw.
>>
File: whos fault is it.jpg (98KB, 500x515px) Image search: [Google]
whos fault is it.jpg
98KB, 500x515px
>>87620682
>>
>>87620896
Marriage was about property. The religious connotations were slapped in later.
>>
>>87624643
I didnt know they offended themselves, that's pretty neat.
>>
>>87621380
They did the disenfranchisement thing in 2008.
>>
>>87624711
>IMPLYING
Fucking most people on the left were on her side. Especially SJW cunts who kept bringing up identity politics at every turn. I didn't want trump but hillary's only good point was that she was better than trump vote for her because she has a pussy. It wasn't vote for her because she'll help people who are in shitty situations due to globalization. It wasn't shake the system.

Is trump going to be good. I don't think so. but hillary literally brought nothing to the table but it was her fucking "turn" so good on the DNC. And all the retards in cities who don't know the know or care about the plight of rural america.
>>
>>87624756
I think it's more appropriate now. And it's not like they dont repeat themselves sometimes.
>>
>>87621360
I'm a liberal and I wanted to see Hillary eat shit for that arrogant attitude and for the garbage campaign she ran. She was shilling hard for the TPP and was trying her damndest for war with Russia and Syria. Two days in and Congress declared the TPP dead and Putin wants to talk with the US to try and ease tensions.

What the fuck was with that red baiting in 2016?
>>
>>87624780
The SJWs were on her side. The old establishment was on her side. The big banks and wall street and DINOs were on her side. The rest of us wanted Bernie.
>>
>>87621587
They won't. Just recently Chuck Schumer said economic hardship pushes people toward progressive idea. The idea that the DNC is anything close to progressive is fucking laughable. They lost 2016 for the same reason they lost 2014 but they keep looking for external factors to blame. Just the other day I saw an article blaming Russia for colluding with the Trump campaign.
>>
>>87624220
Correct, nothing to do with being out of touch though.
>>
>>87624399
>(by SP standards)
>>
>>87624911
If it aint out of touch it's blind arrogance. But i'm going with both.
>>
>>87624852
I don't disagree. But more than enough people on the left were "Okay" with her. Except for rural america who had been ignored for 40 years. Everyone thought she would win but they voted for him because they wanted something else and hoped maybe they'd win.

My biggest issue is that liberals still haven't realized that just appealing to the far left is a dumb idea. I turn into colbert once in a while and all he could do was slam trump.

That doesn't do anyone any favors that still makes it sound like anyone who didn't vote the way you wanted is a moron and yet people still do this.

It's disgusting and childish.
>>
>>87619949
"She's piiiiiiiiiised."
>>
>>87624943
>I turn into colbert once in a while
Oh shit, hey look everyone, Stephen Colbert is here!
>>
>>87624943
>My biggest issue is that liberals still haven't realized that just appealing to the far left is a dumb idea.

But Clinton wasn't trying to appeal to the far left, unless you count SJWs, who aren't lefties, just a bunch of rich kids who realized they could get their way by using leftie language to call everyone who pointed out their bullshit racists and sexists.

Hillary wasn't at all trying to appeal to the actual far left. She had the endorsement of the fucking Chamber of Commerce, you can't get more laissez faire than that.

She appealed to rich kids who wanted to virtue signal while staying rich, not to poor kids who wanted to get ahead in life without being demonized for the color of their skin.
>>
>>87624968
Don't you mean Sexy Kitty?
>>
>>87624943

>I turn into colbert once in a while

>once in a while

And thats why Colberts ratings are at record lows for a TV show in his timeslot on his network. His show is very close to being canned.
>>
>>87624691
Nobody blamed the audience
>>
>>87624781
Still not something that would qualify as interesting.
>>
>>87624821
The US has been engaged in Syria for 2 years already.
>>
>>87625013
I think it does
>>
>>87624943
The far left was strongly opposed to Clinton, and she and her supporters told them fuck off, we don't need you and tried courting the right.
>>
>>87625001
Except that guy for saying we're wrong about that and half this thread.
>>
>>87624937
It's neither, just a bad decision based on laziness. Again being "in touch" wouldn't have changed shit.
>>
>>87625000
He should just go back to Comedy Central. I miss having something good to watch at around 11.
>>
>>87624943
Democrats aren't far left by any means.
>>
>>87624996
In my opinion the rich left and far left are almost always identical. It's something that spreads around colleges where privileged white kids vilify people for being white. Being able to speak about privilege while blindly seeing how shit everywhere else is. But this was part of my issue and it's still an issue. Unless these people can grow up we're going to end up in the same situation.

>>87625000
I personally dislike trump but Colbert's air time is 90% trump. It's hard to tune into him every day when that's his only material.
>>
>>87620844
Trump won one of the states by literally 15 votes. Every one matters.
>>
>>87625056
The fuck are you on about now, nobody blamed the audience.
>>
>>87625058
You cant have your whole season hinge on the outcome of something so close, if they werent out of touch they'd know this so they clearly are, and not have at least something ready for when it backfires. That's both. They were arrogant to assume they'd be right and out of touch to think there's no way she'd lose. You can just tack laziness on top of all that.
>>
>>87625080
Ugh, yeah. Yeah huh they did.
>>
>>87625086
Explain how being "out of touch" has anything to do with that bad decision, because I'm not seeing it.
Again, how being "in touch" make them think a risky bet shouldn't be taken?
>>
>>87625067
I haven't watched Colbert or Oliver for a while now with their constant Trump coverage and obvious stumping for Clinton while glossing over her very serious flaws.

Trevor Noah is just shit on The Daily Show.
>>
>>87625096
Nope. Nice persecution complex.
>>
>>87625118
You just answered your own question.
>>
>>87620006
Trump is pretty much a liberal with conservative views about economics. If there's one groups victimized by the media who shouldn't give a fuck about Trump, is the LBGT people.
>>
>>87625152
Not at all. At this point I think you don't even know what you're trying to say when you say "out of touch".
>>
>>87625128
I loved hearing Colbert get all maudlin on his election special after Trump won, asking the audience:

“So how did our politics get so poisonous?” he asked. “I think it’s because we overdosed, especially this year. We drank too much of the poison."

In other words, it was jerk-offs like Colbert who couldn't shut up about Trump.
>>
>>87625129
Yep. Nice delusion.
>>
>>87625155
>conservative views about economics
What? I swear I get completely opposite descriptios of Trump from person to person.
>>
>>87625210
You did. Being out of touch is just another way of saying they arent informed, they're not aware of what more than just their circle is thinking or what their view of things are and that's on full display here.
>>
>>87625235
>makes up strawman
>insists it exists but can't point it out
>calls others deluded
>>
>>87625212
>“So how did our politics get so poisonous?” he asked. “I think it’s because we overdosed, especially this year. We drank too much of the poison."

It wasn't just this year. The media has been talking about this shit non-stop since the 2014 midterms. This poison was of their own making.
>>
>>87625261
>Accuses others of making strawmen
>Does it himself
>In greentext
>>
Some of you are so buttblasted and your posts are written so passive-aggressively that it's obvious there's a wet hole between your legs

>muh got less votes than romney!

I guess you can pearl clutch that all the way to your play-doh safe space session. Too bad it doesn't change the fact that The Wall is being built.
>>
>>87625067
>In my opinion the rich left and far left are almost always identical

No. You're confusing rich, privileged social justice bullies with the far-left. The far-left are the socialists, the anarchists, the radical environmentalists.

> It's something that spreads around colleges where privileged white kids vilify people for being white. Being able to speak about privilege while blindly seeing how shit everywhere else is. But this was part of my issue and it's still an issue. Unless these people can grow up we're going to end up in the same situation.

Those people, the SJWs, they aren't far-lefties. They're rich kids who want to stay rich, while still feeling good about themselves and getting to bully and silence others for disagreeing.

10 years ago, those same kids would have been huge Dubya Bush supporters, backing the Iraq invasion to the hilt and bullying and silencing anyone who disagreed with them. Member what happened to the Dixie hicks for opposing the war? No different than what's been going on now.

Just look at leading SJWs, the ones who were college students 10 years ago. Antia Sarkeesian, Jon McIntosh, Brianna Wu and the like - all right-wing Bush supporters until the culture shifted.

In 5 years or so, we'll sees a new crop of the same sorts of kids, this time fully supporting Trump, and doing their best to bully and silence anyone who disagrees with them.

>>87625073
Which state?
>>
>>87625258
Where could they have kept themselves "in touch" then, considering most sources of information predicted Clinton to win?
And no, that's not what it means.
>>
>>87619794
>They lost touch with the fedora crowd

How?
>>
>>87625294
>Dixie hicks

*Dixie Chicks
>>
>>87625307
Here.

>Oh no they cant do that because reasons

Kay cool, you can stop now.
>>
>>87625294
This is just me confusing terms but you're right. Personally, I probably have some opinions that lean to the far left but I really need to brush up on terms. I guess I just get so sick of SJW's they are all so fucking awful.
>>
File: IMG_9015.png (586KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9015.png
586KB, 1136x640px
>>87619742
That depends, are you asking
>ME, FROM FAMILY GUY
>OR ME, FROM FAMILY GUY
>OR ME, FROM FAMILY GUY
>>
>>87625333
Anon, even trump was surprised he won without having to force a recount or cause a stir. That's how surprising this was to almost everyone. Even rural america thought they were going to lose.
>>
File: .fuck this sucks.jpg (96KB, 600x662px) Image search: [Google]
.fuck this sucks.jpg
96KB, 600x662px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRp1CK_X_Yw&

LOOK AT THIS SHIT PEOPLE
>>
>>87625334
>I guess I just get so sick of SJW's they are all so fucking awful.

We all are. No one likes to be bullied, and we especially don't like being bullied by hypocrites.

And, like Muslims terrorists, the main victims of SJWs aren't right-wingers, but moderates who were driven into the arms of the other side.
>>
>>87624929
Admittedly, he was quite competent amongst the town's adults, but he was there from episode 1.
If they had introduced a chef replacement in say, season 12 or 13, it would have been jarring, to say the least
>>
>>87625354
It's not just about predicting who would win or lose, it's about looking at why people were supporting him and for what reasons.

Matt and Trey didnt try to look beyond the surface at all. They chalked it all up to member berries when a lot of it had to do with people being fed up with the establishment. That he won is only better for people finally acknowledging this but if you were keeping up with the whole process you can see that it was palpable long before the day of the election.
>>
>>87625361
Didnt this air on Comedy Central? Or at least a portion it?
>>
File: 1462172527680.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1462172527680.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>87625361
>Your right to vote is so important
>Use your voice and be heard
>But only if it's for our candidate
>>
>>87625513
>Do you really want to give nukes to Trump?
>Hillary said a nuclear first strike against Russia was on the table
Jesus Christ
>>
>>87619742
When they told a joke that offended your tender, tender tushie.
>>
File: 1 I HAVE THE POWERRRRRRRRRRRRR.gif (2MB, 150x114px) Image search: [Google]
1 I HAVE THE POWERRRRRRRRRRRRR.gif
2MB, 150x114px
https://twitter.com/joss
oh look , he finally spilled some salt of his own
took a while but it was worth it
>>
>>87625572
"One day I'll be president", he thought, raping a 13 year old
Is this guy of sound mind?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqEddipbpkw
>>
>>87621070
Could have made nice movie, or just longer extra episode.
I am enjoying Cartman and Heidi though.
>>
>>87625565
There were jokes going on?
>>
>>87621518
Me too.
>>
>>87625608
Oh my.

Well this is just embarrassing. Is there a term for this? Pity? It's not quite cringe it's more just like "Wow, how those guys must feel after saying all that".
>>
>>87624718
>Marriage was about property.
Marriage was about stopping harems from forming, turned out to be one of the best institutions for civilization.
>>
The media and DNC honestly shot themselves in the foot. It's going to take a lot of healing, if they are willing.
They bullied the sleeping giant, and it woke up
They laughed at the "clown" and he won.
They took it for granted and lost it.
They wanted to play the masses and they lashed out
In the end Hillary did fucking terrible with the minorities she desperately wanted, and despite losing the popular vote, Trump did surprisingly well with them, compared to Romney. If the Republicans play it right, they could be seeing a major shift in voter base, and they must, since "old white men" is honestly a diminishing base".
They need to address the surge of white supremacy and condemn it just like how Trump ended up dismissing the KKK support.
I wish him the best of luck and I hope he surrounds himself with good, talented people, because that's what is going to matter.
>>
They should have made the episode take place before election night. There wasn't any storyline reason that made it necessary for the episode to be post-election. They just wanted another free publicity over guessing the president like they did with Obama.
>>
>>87620896
>Gays aren't getting married because they want Jesus/Muhammad/Moses to bless their holy union, they're getting married for tax purposes and inheritance purposes and things like that
You mean like everyone else? lol
>>
>>87624821
Russia is doing a lot of damage to ISIS.
Guess who Wiki Leaks revealed she's taking money from?
>>
>>87625565
Pretty much this. South Park is great until they take the piss out of something you enjoy.
>>
>>87625916
Personally i can deal with it if they do it in a funny way or i can see their side of the argument. But this isnt the first time they were pretty off base.
>>
File: assbergers.jpg (403KB, 792x612px) Image search: [Google]
assbergers.jpg
403KB, 792x612px
>>87619742
How do people have such shit tastes on this site? That was the funniest part of the episode.
>>
File: anime pepe.png (94KB, 655x666px) Image search: [Google]
anime pepe.png
94KB, 655x666px
>every liberal PC show for the next four years is going to be nothing but shitting on trump 24/7
>people will eventually get bored and tune out, like they're doing now
>they wont actually last four years and get canceled
>media kikes lose even more power

Transdimensional chess
>>
File: 1463131148105.jpg (48KB, 700x528px) Image search: [Google]
1463131148105.jpg
48KB, 700x528px
>>87626060
I wonder if those shows are going to realize that people are tuning out because all they're doing is shitting on trump non-stop. It's like come on guys, you should know why your ratings are tanking.
>>
>>87625942
it's /co/
I loved Bill and Bill.

if this was posted on /tv/, they would agree that bill and bill was hilarious
>>
>>87625608
I hope obama got a crack on his screen when he dropped his phone

an omen of the future
>>
>>87626169
>/tv/ would agree it's hilarious
Thank goodness, now everyone knows it was shit.
>>
>>87626255
Oh you!
>>
>>87626304
Yeah that's me alright
>>
>>87625696
>I wish him the best of luck and I hope he surrounds himself with good, talented people, because that's what is going to matter.

Oh, how naive.
>>
>>87626060
Oh yeah i wonder where all this poison came from you guys. Where did this divisiveness emerge? I have no idea where such a toxic mindset and inflammatory rhetoric could have took root. Nah, it's just some old white guys trying to remember the good old days, that's it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1SaD-gSZO4
>>
>>87625545

Trump said using nukes was on the table too, he just didn't name a target.
>>
>>87625513
Hell they didn't not even have the courage to name her
They are just going "not Trump"
>>
>>87626060
Like how people got bored of shitting on Bush?
>>
>>87626962

The shitting on Bush only really happened after the Middle East stuff. That was more toward the middle of his presidency.
>>
>>87626060
On the contrary, they're actually going to be funny and edgy again, like they were when Dubya was President.
>>
>>87625608
The largest slice of humble pie ever served in all human history.
>>
File: why pol spreads.png (57KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
why pol spreads.png
57KB, 500x300px
>>87627110

Liberalism has been hijacked by overly-sensitive PC policemen. You will never again see a product like, for example, Blazing Saddles because everyone involved would be publicly attacked by the social justice crowd, then literally attacked by the religion of peace. Stuff like the Daily Show was always kind of smug and self-righteous, but they've overdone it and the mainstream viewer has obviously tuned them out.

/co/ will hate to admit it, but being like /pol/ is what's funny and counter culture now.
>>
>>87627191
>Liberalism has been hijacked by overly-sensitive PC policemen.

That's so very true, and one of the reasons Trump won.

>but being like /pol/ is what's funny and counter culture now.

True too.

>You will never again see a product like, for example, Blazing Saddles...

That part is what I think will change. Now that the Democrats are in the opposition, they'll become the counterculture. Notice how PC died out when Dubya was President? Notice how Blazing Saddles was made when Nixon was President?

It's only when things are going well and there aren't so many real issues to complain about that SJW/PC types come to the forefront and get control.
>>
>>87627277
history repeats itself
>>
The most funny thing are people who thinks South Park is not bluepilled as fucks.
>>
Who here thinks that Cartman and Butters' roles should have been reversed for better effect?
I can't be the only one.
Thread posts: 515
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.