[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comic Series Ideas Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 11

File: Face off.jpg (787KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Face off.jpg
787KB, 800x1280px
Post your ideas for comics that you would like to see in your lifetime.

I'll start.

I want a comic series that depicts Batman as the "hero" that kills criminals. I do not mean a different person portrayed as the Batman like Thomas Wayne, or that Batman has always murdered criminals.

I mean I would like a short series where through some series of events, everyone finds out that Bruce Wayne is Batman, and because of that, most of Batman's enemies use that against him to kill most (if not everyone) involved with both Batman and Bruce Wayne. Which in turn makes him doubt his capabilities as Gotham's savior and if his methods are truly effective, causing him to begin killing criminals.

There could even be some story arks of some of the villains, like Joker being pissed that other villains took his fun away from him by not being the one to make Batman insane himself, so he takes his anger out on them.

I think the idea has potential and isn't as bad as some of DC's other portrayals and stories of Batman.

So tell me what you like and dislike about it and feel free to post some of your ideas.
>>
>>87618457
A short arc where Batman actually uses a Sinestro Corps ring for a brief period
>>
>>87618542
Yeah, I'd definitely like to read that too.
>>
File: ANGR_Mania.jpg (423KB, 1913x1346px) Image search: [Google]
ANGR_Mania.jpg
423KB, 1913x1346px
All New Midnight Sons
>>
>>87618457
Janus:

Harvey suffers another mental breakdown and develops another identity based off of his current surroundings. He happens to be in Maxie Zeus' place for a deal of some kind, and now he's bitten by the Greco-Roman bug too.
Hi-jinks and togas ensue.
>>
>>87618457
Maybe it could also end with a fight to the death by Batman vs Joker.
>>
A single issue where top tier superheroes (Shazam/superman level) decide to take on street level crime.

>Captain Marvel in ninja garb vs Deathstroke or Lady Shiva

>Icon and Supergirl in 80's Miami Vice style suits chasing drug dealers in a speed boat in Miami

has this been done before? if not, then why the fuck not?
>>
I want a comic of Earth invading somewhere instead of continuously getting invaded/destroyed.
>>
>>87618457
I just really want to see a comic where Spider-man goes crazy and starts murdering his friends/rogues.
>>
>>87618457
this isn't half bad actually. Batman and Joker could even decide to team up for a short time while fully expecting to betray each other, like a 'The good the bad and the ugly' sort of thing.
>>
One of the big two should steal the idea of Astro City and have a series devoted to civilian stories in their world full of superheroes.
The hostage in the bank when the supervillain is robbing it, the beat cop that responds to the really weird stuff that will never make sense without the exposition dialog, the AA meeting that a superhero attends.
DC kinda did this with their GCPD book and Marvel has their "frontline" takes every so often during big crossover events, but the idea is good enough to work as random filler issues from time to time, so why wouldn't it be good enough to keep a whole series going?
I think it'd be fun to hear a Marvel civilian justify why they hate the X-Men after their lives have just been saved by them, or how paranoid the random civilians in Metropolis can be about X-ray vision or super-hearing.
>>
Y'know, in trying to think up a comic, I have to admit that the companies have done a pretty good job of making good comics. It doesn't last, but there's more good comics later in one title or another. GL, Superior Spiderman, BackTTFuture. Heck, they even brought back ROM.
That said, we need more, anyway. Anything from HFy the Comic to Gummi Bears. Something clever, something sneaky. More of the street level humans ambush something, and use the near-useless powers in clever ways to bushwhack everybody. (and don't become violence-mad sex killers. Or Six-Pack and Dogwelder. Or Crossed.)
>>
>>87620512
I think any comic where superheroes go completely out of character and go on killing sprees has a lot of potential that most comic book creators don't realize.

>>87620526
I think it would be less of a team up and more of a quid pro quo. Maybe Batman wants to take care of Harley Quinn but she skipped town so he goes to Joker to give her up, so Joker says he'll tell her where she is if he can go with him to help kill her (as sort of an ultimate act of betrayal to fulfill his twisted desire for chaos.) Then when Batman attempts to kill Joker, he gets away just for them to meet again later because he's been thinking 5 steps ahead since the fall of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

>>87620558
Yeah, I'd like to read some comics that go into the personal lives of people affected by superheroes in a negative way so to think twice about the capabilities of heroes and whether or not they're truly doing any good in the city they're trying to protect.
>>
>>87620679
Harley Quinn could be on the run from both Batman and Joker because she's scared of what the Batman has become and she's scared of the Joker because he killed her friend Poison Ivy.
>>
>>87618457
I would actually totally dig that
especially seeing Joker's reaction to what's most sacred to him or... the only thing sacred to him being stripped away from him
>>
>>87618457
Monica Rambeau solo with a Doom Patrol/Vertigo sort of tone. Have her go up against the weird and the disturbing; think that Captain Marvel interlude from Nextwave.
Hell, if they could persuade Ellis to write it, that'd be perfect.
>>
A comic about a scientist who puts his mind into cloned bodies he makes and fights crime. He got rich off inventions, and stated doing crazy shit like the above. Would initially be reckless and brutal but would realise that although his mind is In the gorillas, they're still living beings. From around then be would be more careful and thoughtful and maybe even go full operator.
>>
>>87621789
Forgot to Put in that they are gorilla clones In the start.
>>
3 issues of damien and superman's son whose name escapes me at the moment hanging out with jamie reyes
>>
The Riddler is put in some kind of nightmare state where literally everyone is able to solve his riddles with ease
>>
"Justice League : World's hatest"

In this world, Superman could beat anyone, but he is too boring and breaks everything so nobody like him. Green Lantern(Hal) became a retard after watching his first movie. Wonder Woman was a slut, but she is now a private servant of the great mighty batgod. The flash always messes up the timeline so he was banished by the great batgod to another dimension. Aquaman always getting bulled by every person. Cyborg killed Martian Manhunter because he wanted to be a JL member. And The Great Mighty Batgod is the God of this world, he has Superman's cape, Wonder Woman's lasso, All kinds of Lantern power ring, Aquaman's trident, and mother box. He controls every person of that world.
>>
File: Pls no.jpg (50KB, 377x298px) Image search: [Google]
Pls no.jpg
50KB, 377x298px
>>87622033
>>
>>87622011
>>87622062
You what mate?
>>
>>87621984
I think his son's name is Jon Kent.
>>
>>87618457
Golden Age Superman returns and doesn't get cucked this time, since he's actually correct.

Silver Age Superman's real last story since Moore botched it up big time.

Batman's villains all reform and we see what they do instead of crime.
>>
>>87620679
>superheroes go completely out of character and go on killing sprees has a lot of potential that most comic book creators don't realize.
Zack Snyder realized it with his Knightmare Superman visions.
>>
>>87620511
Warhammer 40K
>>
>>87622033
Riddler has his Luthor redemption arc when? Snazzy motherfucker deserves some praise for once.
>>
>>87620511
Prophet
>>
>>87620511
Invisible Republic. But it's about colonisation and not about invasion.
>>
>>87618457
A ridiculously long on-going about a immortal dude who just lives through everyday life in different eras.
Some stories might be about how the MC is trying to figure out why he's immortal or other grander plots, but most are about him just living life and what living for a very long time/not being able to die does to a person, and how society in different times react to it.

The protag has no other superpower, and him not being able to die is the only case of supernatural occurrences that will ever be shown in the comic, much to the protags despair.
>>
>>87622465
Have you read Men of Good Fortune?
>>
>>87618457
Rayner:

25 years have gone by since Darkseid has risen and fallen and has killed many heroes in his path; Superman is dead, magic has slowly faded from existence, the Lantern Corps are defunct. The universe is left in shambles. On Earth, we follow an aged Kyle Rayner, many years since he last donned a Lantern persona, he's guilt ridden that he couldn't do his best to save the world. Old friends, Guy Gardner and Wally West, seek to recruit him for a mission with other heroes that will bring Earth out from the dark ages. Will he find redemption?

>inb4 Old Man Rayner
>>
>>87618457

Sam Wilson hands back the shield, but a new Captain America is discovered by the government: A young Marine fighting in Afghanistan, who is basically a young Chris Kyle.

To reflect the dawn of the Trump era, he gradually points out the flaws in Democratic values, the hypocrisy of liberalism, and the utter futility of activism.

He's also the first Captain America who kills. He doesn't do it often (no decapitations of relatively harmless villains) but he attaches no particular angst to the act of killing, and has little to no sympathy for enemy combatants.
>>
>>87622484
Yeah. One of many stories that made me wish for something like that.
Hob is my nig-nog
>>
>>87622138
Jon Smith, Clark has to assume a different identity that's why
>>
>>87622518

Jesus, that's a fucking dark idea. The idea that the Cap of this era is basically a Modern Warfar protagonist strikes me as insanely cynical. Captain america is supposed to represent hope for a better tomorrow.
>>
Super Buttock Squad: A team of sentient talking asses with superpowers from another planet who come to earth to help defeat evil and spread their message of peace, unity and clean bum cracks.
>>
>>87622518
It would make /pol/ and /k/ proud.
>>
>>87622548

To be fair, I don't mean that he's a extreme Republican. He's just...He's just sort of centered in the modern day. Like most soldiers, he doesn't really care about Muslims or Islamophobia. He doesn't have any interest in black civil rights.

If someone like the Red Skull asked him what he was fighting for, he'd shrug and shoot him in the face.
>>
>>87622518

Chris Kyle actually had a lot of regrets about the war, due to the dirty nature of it. Watch the movie, he was very conflicted about his role.
>>
>>87622576

The movie is a work of fiction. The real Chris Kyle actively hated Muslims. In his biography, his conscience wasn't troubled by having to shoot women and children when they mounted grenade attacks on US soldiers. Remember, he coined the term 'savages' for them.

He also boasted about shooting black looters during New Orleans, which - if we're honest - was a public service.
>>
>>87622518
You literally just described USAgent
>>
>>87622646

USAgent is kind of a second-string loser, however. He only got reclaimed in more recent iterations. He's pretty good in his cameo in Sam Wilson's book, though.
>>
>>87622518
Sounds more political than it should be for a comic, but I'd read it.
>>
File: moi5gqLdcB1std0fqo1500.png (618KB, 356x750px) Image search: [Google]
moi5gqLdcB1std0fqo1500.png
618KB, 356x750px
Batman with Helena Robin
>>
>>87618457
"Frank Castle Kills The Punisher"

Set in a future where Frank becomes the head of S.H.I.E.L.D, renames it G.U.N. , kills all criminals and then sets about destroying the organization he set up before finally committing suicide.

"What if Batman won?"

We follow an iteration of Batman who primarily fights crime with proven successful tactics like the "broken windows" policy, job creation, youth projects and creating his own functional psychiatric rehabilitation center that rehabilitates super criminals, with many being inducted into a steadily growing Bat-Family. He saves the personal detective work and beatdowns for targets the police cannot touch, while he blackmails and pays the police into actually doing their job, sponsors Jim Gordon's run for senatorial/gubernatorial office and turns Gotham into a fantastic place to live before expanding towards the outside world, while never seeking personal power or office for himself outside of Wayne Enterprises.

His main enemies would be the institutional corruption and the prison industrial complex along with organized crime organizations building up to intergang, the parliament of owls, the league of assassins and finally the religion of crime.

Lots of time skips.

"The Spectacular Spider School"

Following Xaviers death in 616 Peter Parker becomes the principle of Xaviers School for Gifted Children and makes it fucking work.

"The Mystifying Stilt Man!"

What if Tony Stark hired the creator of the extendable hydraulic rams Wilbur Day stole for use in his battle suit, and helped the scientist become a new superhero?

"Starfire : American Alien"

Starfire, being technically a refugee, has to go through the process of applying for asylum and eventually american citizenship. We follow her journey and her interactions with the many other super people who have to jump through the hoops of american bureaucracy.
>>
>>87623722
>Following Xaviers death in 616 Peter Parker becomes the principle of Xaviers School for Gifted Children and makes it fucking work.
We don't need your sapiensplaining, flatscan.
>>
File: bat.png (1MB, 1074x967px) Image search: [Google]
bat.png
1MB, 1074x967px
I want to write and draw a small-scale Constantine/Batman team-up. Very street-level, a lot of detective work, noir themes and a hint of supernatural. I have no idea what the story would be about, but I know it'd be from Constantine's perspective as he psychoanalyses Batman in his head. Batman would be more of a silent partner, very quiet. He's almost like a dog going through the scene, while all the humans have absolutely no idea what it's doing or thinking. They can only guess. And that's what Constantine is there for.
>>
File: Batman Villains.jpg (351KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
Batman Villains.jpg
351KB, 1131x707px
>>87618457
A list of villains I believe should have their own story arc following the series are:

Bane
Joker
Poison Ivy
Harley Quinn
Two-Face
Riddler
Penguin
Scarecrow
Mr. Freeze

I listed these villains because they've been a major part of the Batman franchise for a long time and that these villains would be in the center of the story. I didn't list villains like Killer Croc, Black Mask, and Mad Hatter because I don't think there would be much of a story to tell on their own that deserves their own arc, but would still be featured in the series. I also didn't list Catwoman because she is portrayed more as an ally/friend to batman instead of a villain. I would like to hear it if there is any other important villains I missed that you think should get their own story arc following the series.
>>
I would love to see Batman in a apocalypse setting like that one scene in the movie.
>>
>>87625313
I felt like that must've happened at some point during the 90s, between grim-and-gritty futures becoming vogue at the time and the sheer volume of Batman Elseworlds stories, but I can't think of any... the closest we got was Batman: Year 100 by Paul Pope, which is set in a dystopian future, not full-on post-apocalyptic, but it's still really, really worth reading.
>>
File: image.jpg (514KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
514KB, 1000x1537px
Duke Thomas goes rogue and kills the men that helped produce the joker toxin that infected his parents.This drives him away from Bruce who is emotionally broken that his ideal sidekick lark has fallen.Duke abandons the lark identity and becomes the red hoods new apprentice..Scarlet,seeking his help to eleiminate the joker and stop gotham crime once and for all essentially becoming a sort of anti robin.Gives duke a unique role in the batfam,could be heartbreaking and could give Bruce,Duke and Jason serious development
>>
>>87618457
The problem with this idea is the implication that Batman is truly alone. He isnt. He has the entire police force and the Gordons working with him, and having hin kill would burn that bridge completely. Unless you're willing to address this in the story, then this story is inherently flawed.

>>87622518
Fuck off, /pol/.
>>
Clark Kent and Lois Lane, having been married for about 3-4 years by this point decide to adopt, since they're unable to have children of their own. They end up taking home 10 year old Billy Batson, who just the previous week had his fateful encounter with the wizard Shazam. Billy tries to adjust to having parents and a secret identity as Captain Marvel, while Superman has to adjust to a new superhero in Metropolis with abilities similar but very different in origin to his own, but has the demeanor of a young boy.

Hi-jinks ensue, and we even get a Doctor Sivana/Lex Luthor teamup.
>>
Story about Superboy Prime and Jason Todd, revealing that they were friends and that he shattered reality to bring his friend back.

This leads to the reveal of the Infinity Inc for current continuity, who serve as Teen Titans for Jason, instead of giving him Dick's used goods and other heroes' bad guys. He should have history before he dies besides being Robin, being angry, and dying.

I want him to have friends, and be a bigger element in the universe, making his death more tragic.

Team would be based on the Infinity Inc from 52, not the JSA version. IMO the JSA versions should just be JSA from the get go.

I'd have JT, Skyman, Amazing Woman (who's trans so Tumblr buys the book), Trajectory, Osiris, Aquagirl (Marquez), and Natasha Irons. Superboy Prime is also on the team, but only in the past, not the present.

In this version, Harrison Wells (he's gonna end up in continuity sooner rather than later so why not), gives his daughter Eliza (soon to be Trajectory) and a handful of teenagers powers in the Everyman Project. The Justice League takes them in as sidekicks, except for Eliza, who is trained by her father. Aquagirl keeps her old origin, as does Osiris. They fight as Infinity Inc., until Jason is revived by Superboy Prime. This reality shift directly affects them, because their story is so closely related to Jason, and causes them to lose their powers. They get them back once Goldstar, Booster Gold's sister, works with him to reassemble his timeline.
>>
File: batdouche.jpg (42KB, 400x339px) Image search: [Google]
batdouche.jpg
42KB, 400x339px
>>87618457
Clark is addopted by the Waynes. Waynes die, Clark develops his powers and becomes the batman, bruce blames Clark for his parents death and goes on exile, he then builds a huge empire and is labeled the super man.
Years later Bruce returns to Gotham, where Batman is now a well known hero, Bruce hates him for it and wants the people of Gotham to hate him as much as he does.
You know, like speeding bullets, but good.
>>
>I want a comic series that depicts Batman as the "hero" that kills criminals.
Ya lost me.

>>87622491
>magic has slowly faded from existence
Tolkien pls
>>
>>87618457
i always wanted a batman story from the criminal's perspective played out like a horror story
>>
File: injustice-Year-3_1_-cover_300-1.jpg (1MB, 1000x1518px) Image search: [Google]
injustice-Year-3_1_-cover_300-1.jpg
1MB, 1000x1518px
>>87624449
>Batman/Hellblazer: Dark Detectives
>>
A mini about the Superman Revenge Society. Bringing back the Prankster, the Toyman, and all the gloriously crazy silver age madness to bash right into the modern age's insanity. I'd add OMAC to the team, just to keep up the retro-future "oh gods, I wasn't supposed to get it right when I predicted a dystopia."

A comic mini series about Jonathan and Martha Kent. The writing on this will need a lot of common sense and perfectly quotable rules of thumb.

Power Pack- Power Drain. When their powers short out, the gang has to gather the tech needed to reboot the suits. Can four barely-augmented human kids (who everybody's met) manage to steal from the Kingpin, the X-men, the Shi'ar? The risks keep increasing, but can they keep the team focused? X-23: "Julie, get your hands off my Jubilee."

GL- Construction errors. When a prototype GL ring is released from the depths of shattered Oa, it homes in on Earth. Giving a young construction trainee a GL ring, it ruins his life, which is just fine with him. Can he keep the ring placated long enough to mine for gold on Mars? Can he keep the ring from exploding when he recharges it? Can he keep ahead of the Alpha Lantern reserve member (somebody should keep an eye on Earth) long enough to steal a cool hot-rod spaceship from Thanagar? Can he keep it all together long enough to build the beach house of his dreams?
>>
X-Men sexy mutants vs ugly mutants. They fight because the ugly ones say that the real reason people hate muties so much is because the sexy ones flaunting their sexyness in skintight outfits causing all kinds of property damage while the ugly ones hide and dont cause any problems
>>
Summers family book where they have adventures through time and space and shit. Jean stays dead and no teen Jean because fuck that bitch
>>
I know it'll never happen but a crossover of Marvel and DC if they're universes do-existed.
Have a book about Captain America and the JSA
Red and Blue: a Spider-Man and Nightwing Team up
Nova/GLC: Annhilation
Punisher: War Buddies, Frank's after a high level mobster in Gotham but they hired Deathstroke for protection. Get flashbacks of them serving the same unit in Vietnam
Darkest Reign with President Luthor and Stormin' Norman as Secretary of Defense
>>
>>87622518
I'd read it; cynism can be beautiful if executed correctly
>>
Punisher/Judge Dredd crossover.

Dredd appreciates Frank's willingness to stop criminals, but since vigilantism is illegal, he has to put him in an Iso-Cube or six feet under.
>>
Shit I was going to type this whole thing up but I realize now that it's basically Champions, but you replace Kamala with a returned, redeemed Patriot and replace Mark Waid's twitter feed with actual superhero shenanigans.
>>
Alan Moore book about him having wizardly adventures and being pissed off at shit. I expect DC to put out this series once he dies
>>
Iron Fist goes through multiple timelines where he meets Lead Foot, Stone Knee, Titanium Elbow, Cubic Zirconium Left Shoulder, etc.

Ends up meeting a guy with a very large codpiece. Danny asks who he is, and all the unnamed man does is wiggle his hips, complete with two "klonk" noises from below his waist.
>>
>>87626835
Only if Morrison writes it and has Billy go Freudian on Supes, trying to replace him.
>>
>>87631470
kek
>>
>>87630598

My idea is that, after his first tour of duty in Afghanistan, a young Marine - suffering from PTSD - is subject to experimental therapy to cure his nightmares and nerve damage. Miraculously, this actually works, and he signs up for a second tour of duty for the same reason most marines did: He can't bear the thought of his buddies dying because they're down an experienced man.

The soldiers who underwent the barrage of treatment were actually injected with the refined version of the super-soldier serum. They're field tests, and they don't even know it. However, he receives a mysterious package: A modern version of the Captain America costume, a la the Marvel movies. While he doesn't wear the helmet, the outfit itself *is* body armor, and he wears it beneath his uniform. (Note that this is the unrealistic part: You wear body armor over a uniform, not beneath it. But bear with me.)

Because this is the marvel universe, ISIS and Islamic fundamentalists have superpowered members, though they don't wear costumes. On a patrol, his Humvee is destroyed by an IED, and a mysterious sandstorm erupts. The sandstorm specifically shelters the terrorist fighters, parting to let them get clear shots at the others. In the furious firefight that follows, our protagonist starts pulling off Captain America-esque moves, including - and it's compulsory - taking down an enemy with a thrown manhole cover.

Unfortunately, when the ISIS fighters retreat, they take one of his buddies with them. He goes after them, with his squad, and finds them holed up in a cave complex. The fighting is exceptionally savage, and after an RPG detonation, he's momentarily set on fire.

This is where we see a great visual metaphor. His uniform is burnt off him, but he's wearing the Captain America outfit beneath, so the fighters literally see Captain America coming at them through the fire and the flames.
>>
>>87622518
Seems like a comedian-punisher fusion. I like it
>>
>>87621549
no
>>
>>87633070

At this point, he's snatched up a makeshift shield. Perhaps the Marines have one on their Humvee - How could you not be a fan of Captain America? - for good luck, or perhaps he improvises one. When our hero runs into the terrorist leader, the leader openly mocks him - "Do you think wearing a flag will protect you, you sons of jackals?" - and unleashes the howling desert wind on them. Our protagonist detonates their ammunition dump, which creates a huge explosion that effectively ends the better.

The terrorist leader looks up, to see Captain America looming over him. (He's entirely in silhouette except for the stark white of his chest-star and stripes. He's also wearing his normal helmet instead of Cap's more stylized one.) He has time for one last spiteful comment like "Ah, you Americans. Are you going to arrest me, Captain America? Take me in, for war crimes? Because the criminal is-"

The last thing he ever sees is the edge of the shield driving down onto his face.

Our protagonist is sent back stateside, but he's told that some very, very important people want to meet him. They're obviously stand-ins for Republican senators, and they talk about a new symbol for a New Age, and Making America Great Again. You see, they want him to be the new Captain America, and they have a gift for him:

It is, of course, a real shield.

He doesn't want to leave the war behind, and so he asks for time to think about it.
>>
>>87633312

Like the protagonist of the Hurt Locker, he goes through the motions of daily life. He tries to take what satisfaction he can in it. But then he starts seeing the people around him. People are scared, uncertain, afraid, divided. The American people have turned against each other, and there's real hatred. They're fighting over causes that don't matter - Insert encounters with transsexuals, violent black men, smirking Muslims, and every flavor of SJW you can imagine. Have clips of newcasters talking about financial scandals linked to the Secretary of State - "Nothing has been *proven*," one argues, pompously, while the other just despairs "What's happening to our country?".

Our protagonist, of course, can only find solace in the stern male figures of his father and grandfather. His father comments that it's like when he came back from Vietnam - It wasn't like the Good War. Like before, the country was fragmenting, but never like this. This is far, far worse. Last time, people eventually managed to pull together, but this time?

And then there's breaking news: There's been a terrorist attack. They're taking hostages. They plan to kill as many people as possible, and make sure they die bad.

The war has followed him home. He hasn't left it behind at all.

And so he dons the costume. Takes up the shield. Straps on his guns, like Bucky-Cap.

Then he heads off to send them to hell, and we conclude the first arc. (Obviously, this will lead to a lot more, but this is basically the first time he allows himself to really don the mantle.)
>>
>>87620526
>not The Good, The Bat, and The Ugly
>>
>>87620679
>I think any comic where superheroes go completely out of character and go on killing sprees has a lot of potential that most comic book creators don't realize.

How do you mean, anon? I feel like it's kind of gimmicky and- /obvious/?
I mean, that might just be with Superman. But still.
>>
>>87633070
>>87633312
>>87633360
Thanks for posting the whole thing, you have just ensured it will never happen now thanks to legal reasons.
>>
>>87622518
> points out the flaws in Democratic values, the hypocrisy of liberalism, and the utter futility of activism.
>captain suppress free speech if it disagrees with me
>Captain russia
>>
>>87622313
he was a detective for a while, it was great
>>
>>87633360

Okay, it was kind of off to a good start, but-
That?
Ehhh . . .
>>
>>87633360
Just as heavy handed as the SJW shit we're getting now, only in the opposite direction. fuck off back to /pol/.
>>
>>87633408

Ahhh, it's just an idea. But I was thinking that the main thing would be a gradual shift in the focus. You know how in most comics, right-wingers are depicted as stupid and violent and corrupt? (Which isn't entirely wrong, of course, but the same can be said for both sides of the political spectrum).

Here, to subtly shape audience opinion, most of them are completely earnest. They represent the 'real' America, the heartland, as envisioned by the wave of white voters that got Trump into the presidency.

>>87633456

To be fair, Captain America mostly operates in - well - America. There has to be a dramatic reason for him to take up the role. Remember, terrorism happens all the time in Marvel's America, with supervillains and so on.
>>
>>87626835
I have wanted something like this ever since I read First Thunder.
>>
>>87633070
>>87633312
>>87633360

Is this Poe's Law in action, or is this a shitpost?
>>
>>87633500
There aren't exactly a whole lot of Marvel supervillains in America that are Islamic terrorists, you know, and for good reason.
Because most American Marvel supervillains were born in America
>>
>>87626745
I mean you're right, it is flawed, nothing is perfect. But I did mention that everyone involved with both Batman and Bruce Wayne would be killed. So if Gordon and Bullock were to die then what's to stop someone with a grudge against Batman and tries to use the police force to try and stop him, which would also influence him doubting his capabilities when it comes to protecting Gotham.
>>
>>87633598

For some reason, I can't help but think of the Iron Nail arc. You know, the one where Captain America is basically tired of his entire life, and is badly disillusioned.
>>
>>87622518
This could actually work if it was a juxtaposition between Steve's older, optimistic values coupled with him being a double agent, and NewCap's modern, bleak outlook and his undying loyalty to the government (aka not secretly Hydra)
>Steve ends up getting outed as a Hydra agent and ends up killing himself like most agents
>Every inspiring speech about freedom and democracy Steve ever gave is disregarded as lies
>People are suspicious of Sam now since he was so close to Steve
>He ends up giving up the shield to the Avengers and goes back to being Falcon
>S.H.I.E.L.D tries to replicate Project: Rebirth with Steve's dead body
>Since he was basically remade in Kubik's image, his body held more of the Super Soldier serum, allowing them to extract it from him
>They're able to replicate the process on an Afghanistan veteran
>Hill gives him the task of sniffing out any Hydra agents in super-teams like the X-Men, Avengers, and even the Champions
>She gives him the original CA shield
So now you have what is essentially anti-Steve (cynicism over idealism, security over personal freedom, etc) going around beating up super-heroes and eventually normal people trying to stomp out Hydra, with Sam eventually becoming Captain America again, repeating all of Steve's old rhetoric and beliefs despite him being viewed as a traitor across the nation.
>>
>>87633393
Yeah, it is pretty gimmicky, and it wouldn't work for all superheroes, and that's probably why you don't see it a lot. But with some superheroes with a story that involves something so devastating happened to them that it completely changes their outlook. (Like in Injustice)

I just think it depends on the hero and the story that is being told. Make it less of "Well they kill because they're under mind control" and more of "You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become a monster" and it becomes interesting. Does that make sense?
>>
A Rogues miniseries. The Rogues are for once successful in a heist, and are escaping through the mirror dimension, when something goes horribly wrong. They're dumped out in an alternate universe where the planet is controlled by the Justice Lords, tyrants who rule the world with an iron fist and make examples of anybody who defies them. The Rogues have to find their footing and survive in this brave new world, even if that means engaging in some heroic activities themselves. But how will they get back home, and who or what brought them to this universe in the first place?
>>
>>87634034
Yeah. I still find it pretty gimmicky, and would rather it happened to characters that aren't Superman or a Superman stand-in, but that makes more sense, I think.
>>
>>87634026

Yeah, it's sort of what I'm going for. The only problem is that I don't know how Hydra War is going to turn out. But the thing is, after the whole evil Steve event, no-one is going to trust Captain America again. There'd be a massive backlash, and obviously they'd have to find a replacement.

But the replacement couldn't reflect Steve's values, because they've been so thoroughly undermined. Instead, the modern Captain America would be an incredibly cynical creation, a product of the Middle East wars and our own cultural conflict.

As a side note, while evil Steve is a great story, I don't think they realize how thoroughly it's tainted the character. It's like a story where Superman was momentarily a child-molestor.
>>
>>87634109
>It's like a story where Superman was momentarily a child-molestor
The what now
>>
>>87618457
>I want a comic series that depicts Batman as the "hero" that kills criminals.

Punisher MAX Ennis run
>>
>>87634321
"A". Not "the".
Rest assured, anon.
It's not a for real thing.
He was just giving an example.
>>
Return of the Power Pack!

Alex and Julie Powers might be off having their shiny adult adventures, but Jack and Katie are facing trials of their own: high school. Abandoned by their older siblings, bored by their peers, and forbidden from super hero work by their parents, Jack and Katie are pretty miserable. Jack tries his best to fit in, and is only angrier and more disillusioned each time he fails. Katie fairs slightly better, as she has found a forum where she talks to other kids with powers who keep a low profile. But when Katie's internet friends start vanishing, the Power Pack is going to have to reunite and save the day - that is, if they'll ever agree to work together again!
>>
>>87634321

What I'm saying is, the story has done a lot of damage to Captain America. His whole character is about him being incorruptible.
>>
>>87621736
I would kill for this, especially if there were cameos from the rest of Nextwave.
>>
>>87621984
I'd read that, what's the plot hook?
>>
Marvel-DC crossover. The collecter, the watcher, and other otherworldly, all powerful characters gather all the heroes and villains /co/ and others consider edgy. The beings are tired of edgy heroes and villains, so, they decide to stop this trend, only one character can be edgy. To decide, they place them on a battle royale to decide who gets to be "the edgelord". Appearances by Batman, Punisher, Joker, Wolverene, and more
>>
Children of the Bat
Starts off as a team up book between all the Robins. Eventually becomes a Helena and Damian team-up book.
>>
Hawk 'n' Dove: The adventures of Dawn Granger, a shy, pacifist, vegan American girl, and Holly Granger, her aggressive, punk, loud British sister. Hank and Don are both canon but they're both dead (alternatively, Hank is Extant, a time-travelling antihero that crosses paths once in a while with his former partner, Dawn).
>>
A massive work of fiction along the lines of more occult works, like the comics ran in Vertigo.

It could use and delve into different religions and beliefs across the world, especially focusing on the religions and stylistic designs not usually seen in western comics, such as Ancient middle east faiths (think Babylon and Summer), Indian based spirituality and Native American folklore/religion.
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.