[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lasso & Comet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: tumblr_momqjfgGcp1rtbl5vo1_500.png (111KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_momqjfgGcp1rtbl5vo1_500.png
111KB, 500x484px
Lasso & Comet - a new pilot from Cartoon Network

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n08lJ5Jq5js

What do you think, /co/? Want to see more?
>>
>>87609327
meh
>>
it looks gay as fuck
>>
>>87609327
Watched 30 seconds and closed tab. I'm so sick of every one of these starting off with "LOOK HOW TOTALLY RAD WE ARE". Not to mention that the animation is butt fucking ugly.
>>
>>87609540
Same. It's a shame seeing Richard Horvitz voicing a character in this boring cartoon.
>>
>>87609327
This is when the art style starts to degrade and become unpopular and annoying

It happened with thick outlines and edges in the mid to late 00's, it's starting to happen with minimalist bubbly designs now
>>
>>87609327
Just from OP's pic and the Youtube thumbnail I already know I'd just instinctually hate this. It could actually be funny for all I know, but I just know I wouldn't be able to get past how shitty the aesthetics seem, so what's the point.

I bet it has made-up lingo, chiptuneshit music, and some vague struggle over "expression" as well.
>>
>Nice animation
>Pleasant color palette
>Cool setting
Then again
>Ugly character designs
>Mediocre diologue
>Whatever voice acting
It has potential
>>
these are the ugliest designs ive ever seen
>>
>>87609989
>>Pleasant color palette
You think so? I just see more unnatural flourescents that convey nothing other than how "extraterrestrially radtastic!!! :3" it is.

Also the emphasis on flight and navigation gives me a trying-to-be-Miyazaki vibe. I just don't see anything memorable in this.
>>
There's no way of saying this without sounding like an asshole but
>another quirky cartoon
Eh. Pass.
>>
File: 6944212.0.jpg (68KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
6944212.0.jpg
68KB, 800x533px
>>87609327
God why aren't these supposed cartoonists able to draw aesthetically appealing characters? You can say what you want about cartoons always following trends and this shit supposedly being nothing new but Adventure Time was the point where they went "fuck it", threw principles of design out the window, and let any spastic blogger make the doodles they made in their math textbook into cartoons.
>>
No fappable female characters: 0/10.
>>
>>87609327
other stuff the studio (the australian Rubber House) has done
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYDd0lc1A9c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD3ZI4a0YUk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixzD-wzxUEQ
>>
I like the animation
>>
>>87609327
Can we get some redesigns?
>>
Super ugly character designs, the whole thing is just unappealing to look at. There are definitely moments where they use some fun perspective shots and fluid animation that makes for a bit of enjoyment but it's in spite of all its other weaknesses.

It just doesn't really feel memorable.
>>
What's the difference between a minisode and a pilot?
>>
>>87609327
The very basic idea isn't bad. It even has a Dragonball vibe.
>A boy raised by his wits and a magic comet defend the land from giant monsters

The issue is everything else. The actually animation is surprisingly fluid, but the designs are horrendous. The characters are annoying and unlikable. The humor is virtually nonexistent.
>>
>>87609327
Animation is great, but the world doesn't need Adventure Time clone #3,567
>>
>>87609327
It's so BOOOOORING
>>
>>87615185
Minisode is just easier to understand for the Youtube demographic. They are pilot episodes for sure, and if response is good they'll be greenlit.
>>
File: 1478109506241.gif (799KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
1478109506241.gif
799KB, 200x189px
GODAMNIT WHATS UP WITH THESE SHIT PILOTS WITH BORING PREMISES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>87609731
glad to see at least someone remembers the past without rose tinted glasses
>>
>nonhuman character with a sassy black lady voice
I can think of like 5 of these off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more. Is this a trope at this point?
>>
>>87609327
I know people throw around "Adventure Time clone" pretty liberally, but this is literally an Adventure Time clone. Similar art style, premise of a boy and his non human companion going on wacky adventures in a mystical world with some random unexplained magical bullshit. Eurgh, this art is horrible.
>>
Nothing special, not particularly bad but not particularly good either. Would probably only watch it if there was absolutely nothing else to do/watch.
>>
File: 1478728481365.jpg (22KB, 718x512px) Image search: [Google]
1478728481365.jpg
22KB, 718x512px
>>87619833
>nonhuman character with a sassy black lady voice
does bubby from the amazing adventures of flapjack count?
>>
>>87620037
>Adventure Time created the concept a boy and his non human companion going on wacky adventures in a mystical world with some random unexplained magical bullshit.

i hate that people born in 1998 can now post here
>>
>>87621329
anyone can post here
that is the point of this site
>>
>>87621329

What does that have to do with the Adventure Time clones? No one said Adventure Time created the concept, but you know the networks are trying to cash in on another peak like that. It's not that original of a concept either it's been done for 100's of years.
>>
how do we kill calarts
>>
File: URRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHH.png (210KB, 464x505px) Image search: [Google]
URRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHH.png
210KB, 464x505px
>>87609327
From the thumbnail and OP picture, it looks like an Adventure Time styled show.
>After watching it
Fucking called it.
It really doesn't do much new or interesting, The animation is pretty dull and lifeless, Only character which seemed remarkable was CloudZim. Aside from that its pretty meh.

Infinity Train and Day of the Dead Gravity Falls are much better.
>>
>>87615719
Fluid does not equal good.
>>
Infinity Train still the most interesting pilot so far.
>>
File: 152342325123432.png (553KB, 659x489px) Image search: [Google]
152342325123432.png
553KB, 659x489px
>>87609327
>>
>>87609327
Dear CN.

Please stop this Tumblr garbage, thank you.
>>87610727
Thank god Japan still uses these principles.
>>87616231
No it is not, this is great animation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-ji8Oo5q3o
Really, excellent animation.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.