[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have no idea what is going on.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 3

File: What.jpg (2MB, 1877x2901px) Image search: [Google]
What.jpg
2MB, 1877x2901px
I have no idea what is going on.
>>
>>87598505
he fucked his mom and he totally saw
>>
>>87598517
Did she fuck the kid?
>>
>>87598505
Who's the mom in costume?
>>
>>87600338

Pat Trayce a.k.a. Vigilante. She was Deathstroke's fuckdoll in the 90s.
>>
>>87600364
Any connection to the other Vigilante that has that current mini?
>>
>>87600385

Not that I'm aware of.
>>
>>87600385
No connection
>>
>>87600385
Slade is fucking that as well
>>
I figured he got diddled.
>>
File: 021.jpg (424KB, 1020x1577px) Image search: [Google]
021.jpg
424KB, 1020x1577px
>>87598505
>I have no idea what is going on.
Priest reads more comics than you. I read more comics than you. Everyone reads more comics than you.
>>
>>87600571

No he just got mad because Vigilante, his adoptive mother, pretty much abandoned him in order to go around killing criminals and suck Slade's cock. He probably blames Slade for that.
>>
>>87600593
Is that Doomsday/Death of Superman?
>>
>>87600606
This is the 90's Deathstroke solo book by Marv Wolfman.
>>
>>87600615
Damn I was way off. I thought it was the underground mutant society Superman story that led into Doomsday.
>>
>>87600593
>>87598505
Weird, he went from black to hispanic. What's the ethnicity of his actual parents?
>>
>>87600674
It's been a very long time since I read the series and he was a very minor character. I think he was a mutt.
>>
Will Slade ever find true love?
>>
>>87601053
>Implying Slade's bromance with Wintergreen isn't the purest thing ever
>>
I want Luis dad to be Wild Dog so we can just have a whole vigilante clusterfuck.
>>
>>87598505
My biggest complaint to the Deathstroke series is that it isn't accessible at all to be people to haven't read anything Deathstroke before. I understand entirely that continuity is important, but Priest pretty much expects you to have read Slade's entire back catalogue. I personally was never a DS fan and never really read Teen Titans, so there's so much stuff in here that I straight up don't get.

It was fine until this issue, which went to maximum overdrive.
>>
>>87601344

Casuals are enjoying it too, though. Turns out if you just make a book fun to read most people don't give a shit about the continuity.
>>
>>87601382
Not that guy, but I kinda not get that.
Where's the fun part?
It keeps jumping in and there, and with that not so different border panel where one is flashback and the other is not, it really confuse the fuck out of me.
>>
>>87601382
It matters when you start to lose the reader on what is going on. I've heard plenty of complaints on the most current issue. It's still good, but Priest never explains shit, which does get frustrating as someone new to the DS story.
>>
>>87601344
I am not familiar with any other Deathstroke series but so far I am really enjoying it.
To me it seems that things that reference previous works are usually easy to understand in context and/or given an actual explanation.
>>
>>87601450
Well, can you actually happens what is actually going on in this issue then?
I'm the OP, a bit of insight will certainly helps.
>>
>>87601462
>>87601450
>can you actually happens
*tell me what happening in this issue
My mind and hand think and type differently for some reason.
>>
>>87601414
Sounds like you're just too stupid to understand what's going on. There's always Marvel if you need something for the intellectually disadvantaged.
>>
>>87601477
Just tell me what's going on in this issue.
>>
>>87601344
>haven't read anything Deathstroke before
I haven't, and I'm enjoying it

I'm not really missing out on stuff that is explainable via context or will be explained more clearly later
>>
>>87601344
>Priest pretty much expects you to have read Slade's entire back catalogue.
That's not even remotely true. You can figure everything out based on context. You don't need to know who the woman is to see that Deathstroke was fucking her and Luis/Richard holds a grudge against him. Having read the earlier stories adds context and depth to what you're reading now, but it's by no means necessary to understand the story we've got right now.
>>
>>87601344
I've never picked up a Deathstroke book before and it's my favourite Rebirth book.

>>87601493
Not the same anon, but in the beginning, we see Deathstroke rescuing Mathew from the protesters. Wintergreen say's he's retiring. We see flashbacks why Richard has a grudge against Slade. He was fucking his mom and it led to something awful, for which he blames Slade. Priest pretty much recaps the previous issues in this issue. We still don't know Wintergreen's kidnapper and Deathstroke had laid out a hit on Rose. rose meets Ettiene, Jericho's fiance. Isherwood is called by Jericho and we learn that they were fucking too. Isherwood is confused by his engagement since Jericho isn't into women and knows that he's got to have some ulterior motive for trying to marry this woman. He threatens to tell her about Jericho being gay, but Jericho mind controls Isherwood and we see him falling towards the ground as the issue ends.
>>
>>87601462
Okay, I am not very good at retelling things but here is a short version.
And I may not remember the previous isuue well enough.
> Africa
The consequences of that complicated saving Wintergren thing.
Deathstroke's lost costume gets redecorated and is now used by red lion guy, Slade retrieves both the costume and the guy.
The red lion guy is actually the guy from the first issue that has tried to have Slade double-double crossed.
They crash the plane with plenty of survivors.
Richard is there, and Slades talks about him trying to murder Rose, so we know that this is all happening after the Gotham thing.
> Los Angeles
Different place, probably same time? The Gotham thing has already happen and Rose is talking to her brother and his interpreter girl/potential future wife.
We get to see a short flashback about Slade not quite killing him.
Then Isherwood shows up.
>to be continued.
>>
>>87601493
Slade breaks back into the fictional African nation introduced earlier this run to save his dictator buddy. The dictator guy likes to dress up in a kitty suit, like another character Priest is strongly associated with.
Rose has a heart to heart with Joseph and his fiance/translator. Joey is an executive for some vaguely defined tech company now.
Rose doesn't know what happened to Slade after she left Gotham.
It's confirmed that Richard took a contract to kill Rose, and that Slade placed the contract to begin with.
It's revealed that Richard is really named Luis and that he is the son of Deathstroke's old lady friend. They have history.
It's revealed that Joseph is gay and maybe closeted, even though he's going to marry a woman who likes to dress in suits and ties and is fine as fuck.
It's revealed that Joseph has had a long-term relationship with Deathstroke's old tech guy who we met earlier this arc. The age difference is icky.
This tech guy wants to take their relationship public so Joseph tries to kill him.

Reading comprehension. Learn it.
>>
>>87601672
This anon did a great job so I don't really need to continue with >>87601621
>>
Wait, Jericho killed Ikkon? I thought Ikkon commited suicide. I hope someone takes up the costume, that design is fine.
>>
>>87601800
Icon was mind controlled by Jericho
Jericho has a lot of powers
>>
>>87601603
>>87601621
>>87601672
All the reading comprehension in the world doesn't make that become anything other than a borderline unfollowable clusterfuck.
>>
>>87601414
goddamit just pay fucking attention
>>
File: 1466620577160.jpg (77KB, 625x416px) Image search: [Google]
1466620577160.jpg
77KB, 625x416px
>>87602797
And yet you are the only one who couldn't follow the story. I'd say the problem is your limted intellect and not the writing
>>
>>87602826
I did, I read this>>87601672
And still don't get that what is Deathstroke objective is. Saving Rose or something?

Like what the fuck is happening.
>>
>>87602842
Those three explanations are all different at every turn, feature liberal use of the word "probably", and a lot of guessing about the time period. Even these brilliant minds that decided the cipher that is the comic book about a character called Deathstroke the Terminator can't seem to agree on what's going on.
>>
>>87602797
Alright the. 90% of the comics from DC, Marvel and Image are easy to follow, feature caption boxes in which the main character narrates and have straightforward dialogue and linear plot. Let us have this, you have plenty from where to choose.
>>
>>87602857
its laying out the psichology of the character. slade is definitely a villain, and not just that, but a difficult as fuck person. laconic, incapable of demonstrating affection in usual ways. SO he puts a target in his daughter, whose he, deep inside, feel he prejudicated, just to see and talk to her, spend some dad-daughter time thing
>>
who the fuck is richard?
>inb4 the kid
yeah, I mean as an adult. what did he do?
>>
>>87602942
He's an assassin who fell in love with his target
>>
>>87602873
jesus christ the time period is EASILY distinguible with things like hair, fácil expression, reference to events

like YOU KNOW in this issue that it starts with the plane in fire and later you see the plane perfectly fine and a dialogue saying "we have to be careful to not being hit", so you just assume that is BEFORE the first pages
>>
>>87602882
I'm all for a lack of hand holding in comics, but if the story behind it isn't there then all the attempts at being smart are in vain.
>>
>>87602994
Why do I have to assume? Why can't the writer let me know through text?
>>
>>87603004
Alright then. You have plenty of other titles to choose from.
>>
>>87603015
Because your reading a comic, a visual medium, not a book.
If you wanna read an actual picture book then go for it but that's not what comics are
>>
>>87602927
So it's about the fake hit Deathstroke hired himself for that turned into a real hit taken up by Rose's boyfriend who happens to be both a secret assassin and have ties to Deathstroke too? Leaving aside the convoluted nature of that plot thread and how it's symptomatic of the problems of the book as a whole, that's not what most people say the book is about so far.
>>
>>87603058
That's what this issue was about in part, not the whole run/arc so far
>>
>>87602994
Even the explanations in this thread aren't 100% sure about the time periods in the latest issue.
>>
>>87603056
Wrong. Comics have always had a lot of descriptive text.
>>
>>87602980
what target? when have we seen him before trying to assassinate who?
>>
>>87603074
The arc isn't about anything so far, that's the point.
>>
>>87603092
Rose. In her first appearance she almost gets killed because she was set up. Luis got close to her and is the reason she almost died.
>>
>>87603085
Mainstream Capes have. Just because something doesn't

>>87603092
Rose. He hasn't made an attempt yet but that's what he was discussing

>>87603101
The arc has been about reintroducing Deathstroke supporting cast and how he treats his family and friends. The main plot thread which introduces these themes is who kidnapped Slade best friend.

Last issue was about how Slade tries to connect to his family and how he treats Joseph. Batman 2-parter was about establishing Roses place in the universe and how Slade was an awful father who couldn't protect his childrrn
>>
>>87603127
wait, wasn't that guy black? you mean the guy ds accused rose of blueballing while he actually wanted to kill her? the kid looks hispanic at most
>>
>>87603159
So the point of the book is Deathstroke's a dick? That's not exactly compelling stuff.
>>
>these retards pretending like this is some deep writing
it's a comic about an old faggot unoronically calling himself deathstroke a shallow character that's an assassin and will do anything if you contract him too. Oh and he has a japanese daughter and a son that's literally gay for dicks for diversity points. His straight white son dies before the story even starts of course. No amount of trying to appear complicated by inserting ridiculous master planner characters and non linear use of time by jumping from present day to the past and back to the present will change that.
>>
>>87603159
bitch this IS a mainstream cape comic.
>>
>>87603195
Damn thats some strong bait. SHOULD'VE thrown in some Priest is racist comments as well
>>
>>87603101
Yes, every comic should follow the modern cape comic format of six issue trade writing with a straight forward big stake mini event.
>>
>>87603101
the arc is about slade the PROFESSIONAL, and the various implications and premisses that go with it

heck, we are seeing his affairs, his friends (and how he himself approach friendship), his children and his contracts

and we are seeing this through different stages of his life, and consequentialy the people around him. all of that without having one single first person narration box from him

its a portrait of a person being defined by his action and their consequences
>>
are we really to believe that ds put a kill on rose so he can spend time with her?
>>
>>87603265
Wasn't it just a bait to bring out his enemies?
>>
>>87603186
The point is the psychology of Slade explored from an outside view mixed with the mystery of who's trying to fuck with him and family/friends while introducing his supporting cast for the future

>>87603221
It is, and it's trying something different narrative-wise in a wave of relatimely safe Rebirth books. If you want something normal then read another book about an assassin published by the big 2. 1 book in 37 (?) SHOULD be allowed to be unique without receiving critique for the format as opposed to its actual content
>>
>>87603280
can be both, thats the beauty of it
>>
>>87600593
That art is fucked.
>>
>>87603227
>the truth is bait
whatever bitch
>>
>>87601284
Well Wintergreen is Slade's constant and most enduring relationship so yeah there's something special between the two.
>>
>>87603249
>>87603257
>>87603296
Uniqueness and narrative fuckwithery don't automatically make a comic good. If after six issues there's still no point or context to what we are reading and the book is sacrificing entertainment value for complexity brownie points then it might not be that great of a book.
>>
>>87603382
Tradewait it then if you can't deal with slow build up
>>
>>87603382
For you.
>>
>>87603394
Even if the payoff somehow makes all of the jumping around and lack of context worth it you can't enjoy a ride if there's no lights on and it starts and stops at random intervals.
>>
>>87603382
Maybe it's not just for you. You can't deny that Deathstroke's character work and family dynamics are far better than anything the rest of Rebirth is doing(which is just returning back to the famous status quo without buildup and fan service moments) It's an underrated aspect of the book.
>>
>>87603382
youre just being dumb at this point
>>
is this a mgs4 reference?
>>
>>87603467
Maybe DC's bland libe is making lowering your expectations but there's no reason to settle. Make yours Marvel.
>>
>>87603382
Priest is just an old school writer. Back when writers didn't give a fuck about trades and wrote short subarcs in a longer arc. The first three arcs can be summed up as a sub arc of Slade against the African despot and clock king. It was a smart arc imo.
>>
>>87603467
What character work? Deathstroke is an asshole? A bad parent?
>>
>>87603539
*The first three issues, not arcs.
>>
>>87603515
It's not like I'm even reading the rest of Rebirth anymore and don't have other publishers' comics, both old and new to compare to.
>>
>>87603539
>It was a smart arc imo.
You don't seem like a smart guy so it's irrelevant what you think is smart.
>>
>>87603507
When did Solid Snake slept with Raiden's mom?
>>
>>87603583
Says the guy who has trouble reading a fucking comic.
>>
>>87603579
You're reading just one comic. Explains why you think it's good.
>>
>>87603548
If you personally want to simplify a characters personality so much then yes.
Like how Superman's just a boyscout or Batman is just a brooding ass hole with mommy problems or how Green Arrow is just a liberal bad dad.
>>
>>87603382
Hurr durr, why is this comic so hard to read? where are the narrative boxes.
>>
>>87598505
Christ, he's adorable.
>>
>>87603627
>where are the narrative boxes.
Well considering how /co/ is living Lobdell now then maybe not having your main character narrate is a mistake.
>>
>>87603605
Nice rebuttal. As good as your reading comprehension.
>>
>>87603657
>/co/ unironically likes Lobdell and Humphries now.
We live in strange times.
>>
>>87598505
>Lois playing dress up for Slade while Jon watches
No wonder the murdering little guy has temper problems.
>>
>>87603638
>>87603659
Don't be so mad chump.
>>
>>87603673
I mean, most of /co/ seems to like Mosaic and HydraCap.l too.
>>
>>87603627
Yes, this is what I was saying. This would be a much better book if Lobdell wrote it also!
>>
>>87603705
HydraCap is well written keikaku that you get to see from 2 PoV. Most people were just turned off by the concept because of muh or they dislike Spencers politics that occasionally influence his comics
>>
>>87603746
It's really not well written at all. And most people could be turned off by Spencer inserting his politics into his comics.
>>
>>87603657
>tfw when you like both
I've said it before, but all Deathstroke needs is a color filter for anything set in the past.
>>
>>87603779
Get the fuck out with your shit ideas.
>>
>>87600593
In OP's defense, that is a damn obscure character.
It's like being surprised someone not knowing US Agent that space trucker from Marvel
>>
>>87602797
You're a fucking idiot, just accept it and move on with your life.
>>
>>87603056
Holy fuck just go read Lodbell books
>>
>>87603979
You nigger I'm pro-Priest and non-text heavy comics.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.