[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN: Doctor Strange

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1478731923647.png (1MB, 800x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1478731923647.png
1MB, 800x1066px
>Fede Alvarez, Nikolaj Arcel, Dean Israelite, Jonathan Levine and Mark Andrews were approached to direct before Scott Derrickson was hired.

>Benedict Cumberbatch initially declined the role of Stephen Strange due to scheduling conflicts with his theater commitments. Mads Mikkelsen, Joaquin Phoenix, Jared Leto, Jake Gyllenhall, Tom Hardy, Colin Farrell, Ethan Hawke, Jack Huston, Oscar Isaac, Keanu Reeves, Matthew McConaughey, Ewan McGregor and Justin Theroux were approached to play the role before filming was delayed to accomodate Cumberbatch's schedule.

>Ken Watanabe, Morgan Freeman and Bill Nighy were approached for the Ancient One before Tilda Swinton was cast.

>Rachel McAdams had previously been approached to play Pepper Potts in IRON MAN before being cast as Christine Palmer.

>Mads Mikkelsen had previously been cast as Malekith in THOR: THE DARK WORLD, but had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts.

>In early drafts, the Ancient One was a Asian man and Wong was not featured. When the Ancient One was made into a Celtic woman, Wong was added to the story as one of Strange's mentors rather than his manservant.

>Early drafts included Lord Nightmare, ruler of the Nightmare Dimension, but Derrickson believe that the concept was too complex for the first movie and the character would be best served being properly introduced in a sequel.

>In early drafts Strange reveals that he went through the loop thousands of times before Dormammu decided to accept his bargain, and that he remembers each and every time he died, but this was cut from the movie.
>>
>There were plans to introduce Clea, Strange's wife in the comics, but Derrickson decided againt it because the character's backstory was too complex for the first movie.

>Early cuts had a slightly darker tone that didn't ressonate very well with test-audiences. Dan Harmon was then hired to revise the script and more lighthearted beats were added in reshoots.

>Early cuts featured a subplot about Strange's sister, Donna, who falls into a river while they're playing together and drowns despite his attempts to save her, motivating Strange to study medicine. Lulu Wilson played Donna, but all of her scenes were cut.

>Early cuts featured an extended prologue with scientists at CERN studying parallel dimensions intercut with the Ancient One teaching the sorcerers of Kamar-Taj to evidence the parallels between magic and science, which was cut to keep the mystical elements shrouded in mystery.
>>
>>87589050
>>In early drafts Strange reveals that he went through the loop thousands of times before Dormammu decided to accept his bargain, and that he remembers each and every time he died
>but this was cut from the movie
Let me guess, because it was too dark for a disney marvel movie?
>>
>>87589122

>Early cuts had a slightly darker tone that didn't ressonate very well with test-audiences. Dan Harmon was then hired to revise the script and more lighthearted beats were added in reshoots.

Not that the quips ruined the movie for me, but Marvel needs better test audiences.
>>
>>87589122
>>Early cuts featured a subplot about Strange's sister, Donna, who falls into a river while they're playing together and drowns despite his attempts to save her, motivating Strange to study medicine. Lulu Wilson played Donna, but all of her scenes were cut.

Biggest waste, tbqh.
>>
>>87589141
My guess is that they didn't want the victory to feel bittersweet. They'll reveal that in the second movie.
>>
Alex Cox (Director of cult hit Repo Man) was set to make a Doctor Strange film in the early '90s. The screenplay is available on his website.

>http://www.alexcox.com/pdfs/DR_STRANGE.pdf

It's set on the eve of the millennium, in a smog choked New York city in a world nearing the edge of collapse. Doctor Strange is a public expert on the paranormal while Byron Mordo is the head of the Mordo Corporation, he's still a former student of the Ancient One, but is using capitalism to pave the way for Dormammu, and is aided by demon servants who take the form of his corporate lackeys. Doctor Strange accompanies a woman with prophetic dream to try find the place where Mordo plans to open the door to the Dark Dimension before it's too late.
>>
>>87590124
So they made Mordo into 90's Donald Trump.
>>
>>87590624
Sort of, I guess.
>>
Interesting stuff.
>>
>>87589141
>>87589050
i thought he did remember and felt all his deaths
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.