[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Green Goblin vs Hobgoblin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 10

which goblin related Spidey villain do you prefer?

Also Goblin thread
>>
File: file6ewpetmp7jr664mwc6f.jpg (67KB, 800x443px) Image search: [Google]
file6ewpetmp7jr664mwc6f.jpg
67KB, 800x443px
>>
File: Jack_O'Lantern_001.jpg (27KB, 211x450px) Image search: [Google]
Jack_O'Lantern_001.jpg
27KB, 211x450px
Let's not forget about this guy.
>>
>>87591100
Was he any good before the version in Remender's Venom?
>>
>>87591100
had his action figure as a kid cause I just liked the design so much
>>
File: venom teeth.jpg (817KB, 950x1304px) Image search: [Google]
venom teeth.jpg
817KB, 950x1304px
I always liked Hobgoblin better, he always came off as smarter and more dangerous; always thinking in longer terms, a criminal mastermind not just a schizo strong guy in a suit. Green Goblins schtick was just I KNOW YOUR IDENTY I GO KILL YOUR FAMILY NOW HA HA HA ALSO I AM INSANE.

It's a scheme they made his origin so overcomplicated, but I guess it was unavoidable due to the editorial fuckups of the era.

>>87591403
He was good in the gang war, even if he was just your dime a dozen spandex wearing mercenary. However he had real fighting skills and he was smarter than the average sociopath moron (the Halloween suit looks that stupid because it hides a lot of armour).
Still he was just in the regular human class, but at least he was interesting.

He was later hired to kill one of the Hobgoblin alter egos (Ned Leeds), got his suit, made some modifications that were more theatrical than effective (but looked fucking cool), and became a new Hobgoblin. He actually put up a pretty good fight against Spidey, almost killed him too, Flash ended up deflecting the killing blow.

Then they did a whole bunch of crap stories with him like him becoming Demogoblin, Demogoblin splitting from him, the whole Blood Rose saga, and one where he becomes a cyborg.
There was also a kickass crossover between Spidey, Venom, Demogoblin, and Ghost Rider at one point that kinda sorta featured him.
>>
>>87592531
>editorial fuckups of the era.
I know one of Lee and Ditko's clashes was on the identity of the Green Goblin. Lee wanted ti to be Osborn and Ditko thought it worked better if it was just some random guy

Also bringing him back after his death to be the big bad for the Clone Saga and saying " oh he was never dead, he was in hiding planning all this time" is fucking awful
>>
File: Hobgoblin_2099.png (666KB, 968x1217px) Image search: [Google]
Hobgoblin_2099.png
666KB, 968x1217px
Best Goblin!
>>
>>87592531
>>87592630
its amazing they managed to screw up hobgoblin's identity considering the original writer dropped the clue in #249
>>
>>87587770
hobgoblin all the way. grew up in the 80s and he was the shit. but then stern left and the mystery dragged out
>>
File: Demog.jpg (68KB, 442x397px) Image search: [Google]
Demog.jpg
68KB, 442x397px
>>
File: superiorgoblin.gif (24KB, 392x548px) Image search: [Google]
superiorgoblin.gif
24KB, 392x548px
>>87591100
>>87592791

Amateurs.

>>87593496

Save you. Why didn't Slott bring you back?!
>>
File: AmazingSpider-Man238.jpg (196KB, 486x738px) Image search: [Google]
AmazingSpider-Man238.jpg
196KB, 486x738px
>>87593056

Everyone thinks of #249 with that clue when the cover that debuts the Hobgoblin is the biggest clue. in Kingsley's final appearance before becoming the Hobgoblin in Amazing #238, he spends the issue running around with Spidey's suit because REASONS

So what's the first image we're getting of the Hobgoblin? He's ripping an empty Spidey suit. The biggest clue was right in front of our eyes.
>>
I want Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Jack O'Lantern, and Demogoblin all to have sex with each other.
>>
File: page14.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
page14.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
> when Kingsley was more based as a hero than Phil.
>>
>>87595148
ha
>>
>>87593056
>>87595148
I think I realized who he was by #250, when K. thinks about his brother being out of town when he might need him.

Good times.
>>
File: goblin.png (327KB, 472x346px) Image search: [Google]
goblin.png
327KB, 472x346px
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.