[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DC Nation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1384071737111.jpg (82KB, 846x443px) Image search: [Google]
1384071737111.jpg
82KB, 846x443px
Now that Young Justice is returning, does that mean other wronged DC Nation shows like Green Lantern and Beware the Batman will come back? Will DC give one of the shorts a full series?
>>
>>87568677
Batman Beware sucked. I want Batman of Shanghai.
>>
>>87568677
>Beware the Batman will come back?
That show was fucking terrible dude, why would you want that?
>>
>>87568677
Beware the Batman got written off, it had a rushed marathon of the final unaired episodes during it's Toonami broadcast.

Hoping for DC Nation to make a comeback is a pipe dream, because it implies

A. DC and CN actually want TTG to share the stage with a show that will definitely be less successful

B. DC actually wants to commits to their 'course correction' in non-comics media and realize having a animated television presence is a good idea.

C. DC Nation is somewhat cheap to produce. Between backing all the shorts and the block sketches like that time they brought the Nolan Batmobile to some football field the block probably hemorrhaged money.
>>
Giancarlo Volpe will probably never work for DC or WB again so GL:TAS is probably still dead.
>>
>>87568677
The movie killed Green Lantern, it's not coming back.

Let's not act like Young Justice is the norm here, it's the exception.
>>
>>87568838
>Let's not act like Young Justice is the norm here
I don't think anyone here is doing that. YJ coming back just makes people hopeful for the future.
>>
>>87568720
>>87568725
It had a lot of interesting ideas, felt fresh and avoided the staleness that a lot of current Batman stuff has, and the writing was good.

It also got objectively screwed over even worse than YJ and GL:TAS. Whatever you think of the show, it didn't deserve to get kicked out of CN, then burned on Toonami, then written off at the last minute.
>>
>>87568880
>It had a lot of interesting ideas
fucking no it did.

>felt fresh
In what way? In the way that they didn't use the normal villains? I was excited when they used Mr.Pyg, and they made him a watered down, kid friendly enviormental villain.

>and the writing was good
It was fucking boring.
>>
Man, DC has always been great in the animated department until current CN meddling. I'm glad that Young Justice is getting another go, but sad to see that GL:TAS isn't anywhere in DC's slate.

Guess I'll just have to live with TTGo, JLA, and YJ.
>>
I really want a batfamily cartoon. Everyone loves Robins, and having fanboys argue over who's the best is good for ratings.
>>
>>87568911
>and they made him a watered down, kid friendly enviormental villain.

He and Toad were sadistic, hedonistic assholes that liked terrorizing and killing people for fun. They didn't genuinely give a shit about animal life. I thought it was obvious when the victims from the first episode weren't guilty of the crime they talked about, or used toad grease to kill more people, or even mutated and brainwashed people against their will just for fun.

Pyg wasn't as gruesome as the comics, but he wasn't lighthearted either.
>>
>>87568911
>fucking no it did.
>It was fucking boring.

Those aren't arguments, anon.
>>
>>87568720
I want batman of shanghai so much man
>>
>>87568880
adding katana in as Batman's sidekick and making her a young girl and giving her a white male love interest was fucking stupid. That show was weeaboo power fantasy garbage, fuck outta here.
>>
>>87569327
>adding katana in as Batman's sidekick

She was his partner, but Batman started out being condescending to her and treating her like a sidekick instead. Part of his character arc was to stop being an ass about it.

>and making her a young girl

You're mistaking this for Brave and the Bold. She's an adult woman, only a few years younger than Bruce.

>and giving her a white male love interest was fucking stupid.

It was mostly one-sided and he was killed off anyway with no fanfare.

Next time, it helps being informed on the shows you're going to shit on.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.