[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Moebius comics should I read first?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

I recently stumbled across some of his illustrations and was instantly fascinated. What comics or books of his should I read first?? I'm mostly interested on sci fi and fantasy.
>>
>>87566385
I recently bought The Incal, which is a fantastic piece of his work, but feels like you need to know a lot before I can really appreciate it. Probably a passable knowledge of Hermeticism and Tarot to get what Jodorowsky is writing about.

That said, it's a great sci-fi story on its own and Moebius' art is fantastic. I'd recommend watching the documentary about Jodorowsky's failed Dune movie before reading, though, since it gives a lot of backstory about how they got together and why they did this book specifically.

His Silver Surfer stuff also looks great.
>>
>>87566385
The Airtight Garage, The Incal, The World of Aedena, Arzach, The Long Tomorrow, Blueberry
>>
>>87566742
How is Airtight Garage? Is it really about Moorcock's Jerry Cornelius?
>>
>>87566385
Did Moebius draw Metabarons?
>>
File: 3521672499_2f1e02a1e2_o.jpg (2MB, 1001x1330px) Image search: [Google]
3521672499_2f1e02a1e2_o.jpg
2MB, 1001x1330px
Do you guys know where the guys in these hats come from? I see a lot of these when I look at his work.
>>
>>87566903
I don't think he did
>>
>>87566724
Do you know of a website where I can see that documentary? or do I need to download it??
>>
>>87567294
You'd probably need to torrent, and download the subtitles too, as large portions of the film aren't in English.
>>
>>87567008
No that was Juan Gimenez
>>
>>87566724
Holy shit man thanks, awesome documentary loved every minute of it!!!
>>
>>87566742
>Blueberry

I'd like to fucking read this but it keeps staying out of print.
>>
>>87568970
>but it keeps staying out of print
Well the Moebius library may get around to it, not sure what the legal rights are with Blueberry since it was a collaboration
>>
>>87568937
Just watched it again myself because your post put me in the mood.

>"I'm raping him! Raping Frank Herbert! Raping Dune...with love."
>>
>>87569027
>>87566724
I really need to get around to watching that, especially since I'm reading through the series at the moment.
>>
>>87566385
>Moebius

well, time to replay Panzer Dragoon
>>
>>87569027
> I want to make Dune
> I've never read it, but my friend said it was great

I love Jodo
>>
>>87566990
They look like a variation of a Kalpak
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalpak

but could be anything, really
>>
>>87569027
lmao I loved that line too. I'ma get to read the incals as soon as I can now, although now I'm intrigued by metabarons as well
>>
>>87566780
its not about anything really
>>
>>87568970
its completely different, a classic western
he signed it as jean giraud, not moebius
>>
>>87566724

Incal is a straight dive to the deep end of Moebius' stuff. Mostly because of Jodorowsky.

Not sure if its a good gateway comic for Moebius stuff, new readers have to come to terms with a lot of super weird crazy stuff at once.
>>
>>87572041
I think the best gateway Jodorowsky comic is White Lama.
>>
>>87566780

Not really, no. A character is named after Jerry Cornelius as a homage but that's where the similarities end.
>>
>>87566385
nice
>>
File: 5501104-01.jpg (464KB, 998x1280px) Image search: [Google]
5501104-01.jpg
464KB, 998x1280px
This came out two weeks ago and no one has mentioned it here.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.