[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>faithful adaptation of the 1969 comic book without needing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

>faithful adaptation of the 1969 comic book without needing to borrow elements from other stories
>acts as a sequel to the 1999 live action movie while being much more lighthearted in tone
>Christian Clavier and Gérard Depardieu reprise their roles as Asterix and Obelix while other characters are recast to better suit the movie
>Greatest casting for Numérobis/Edifis, Cleopatra, and arguably Amonbofis
>the director himself is Julius Caesar and it works perfectly
>humor and gags are on point
>major box office success, grossing $110.9 million out of its $50.3 million budget
Why isn't Alain Chabat directing any more Asterix live action movies again?
>>
>>87563603

Fuck I love this film. So so much. I think I even love it more than the animated version, even though that was also good.
>>
>>87563603
I really should see this at some point.

So, is it better subbed or dubbed?
>>
>>87563648

>dubbed
>a french film

Not even once. Subbed is the way to go, and it helps if you know a little French because the puns are top notch.
>>
>>87563603
>Gérard Depardieu
That guy is great.
>>
>>87563648
>>>/a/
>>
File: Little Fred (1).jpg (2MB, 1614x2205px) Image search: [Google]
Little Fred (1).jpg
2MB, 1614x2205px
>>87563679
Well, I know some French, so that shouldn't be an issue.

>>87563695
You can't really bring up /a/ in an Asterix thread until you talk about *that* book.
>>
>>87563788

What new horror is this?
>>
>>87563843
Possibly the first English translation of Asterix. And one of the post-Goscinny books.
>>
>>87563788
>the Roman calls contemporaries "ancient"

What fucking retard wrote this shit?
>>
>>87563603
I still think that "Le Domaine des Dieux" is the best Asterix movie ever.
>>
File: Dan Backslide 1.jpg (268KB, 699x456px) Image search: [Google]
Dan Backslide 1.jpg
268KB, 699x456px
>>87563788
I am shocked and appalled.
>>
>>87563603
>no jew nose on cleo

fucking gay
>>
>>87563648
The english dub is shorter, since several scenes were cut, presumably because of censorship, maybe to make the movie shorter. The european DVD has both, and the english dub has grainier picture.
>>
File: 20024574.jpg (227KB, 600x870px) Image search: [Google]
20024574.jpg
227KB, 600x870px
>>87563603
>faithful adaptation of the 1969 comic book
Négro quoi?
In the comic Astérix and Obélix are the main characters, not Numérobis and Amombofis. And it wasn't even Numérobis, it was straight up Jameldebbis.
The humor was also nothing like the comic and relied on Canal+ "house style", which while a lot of fun (I love Les Nuls), was very non-Astérix-y.
Belluci was awful.
It was visually very faithful though.

Anyway you should try his Marsupilami movie, it's in the same vein although not as good.
>>
>>87566006
>In the comic Astérix and Obélix are the main characters
Their involvement in the movie is more or less the same than in the comic, really.
>>
>>87566006
oh shit i completely forgot about this movie
>>
>>87563603
Post the motorboating scene or get out, OP.
>>
>>87567714
Which one was that again?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.